Your first cheap ass deal from CAG

JohnnyDrama

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
This may have already been posted, but I'm just curious. What was the first deal you took advantage of when you joined CAG? Mine was getting NFL 2K3 (PS2) for $10 at EBGames about a few months ago, which then was a great deal IMO.

I came around Cheapassgamer.com around the time of the huge Circuit City deals where I picked up a few penny games, Rez for $25 bucks, Shinobi for $5 and couple of other games well worth it.....

I can't even remember my first deal I got here. I don't usually post much and most of the time u gotta be quick to post videogame deals here but anyways, I think my first deal was at Circuit city. Shinobi for $5 (and others) when circuit city had that awesome sale.

The EA Store coupon glitch where I ended up getting SSX 3 for $3.09 plus shipping for a total of around $9.xx.

I heard people on IGN's PS2 board talking about the glitch and I asked someone where I could find the details about it and they said it was on this site so I registered to see the details of the deal.

My first deal was really recently. Why I didn't know about this site earlier? Who knows. I've known about Ben's Bargains for years, but never this one until This Ben's Bargains was mentioned in a magazine. This site was also mentioned, so I checked it out. I love it so far. One day I decided to buy the Action Replay Max (PS2) then that night, like one hour later, it was posted on here for $18 at Best Buy. So the next day I picked it up. Awesome!

Me too, after finding Breath of Fire 5 for $5 at CC, I was hooked forever.

[quote name='bluenatas09']I came around Cheapassgamer.com around the time of the huge Circuit City deals where I picked up a few penny games, Rez for $25 bucks, Shinobi for $5 and couple of other games well worth it.....[/quote]

I think the first deal I took advantage of was the Circuit City clearance. Looking back, the games weren't that cheap, but thinking about it still makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

Not really sure, Manimal would always call me and tell me to go to CC or BB and get this game for this much. Then one day he said go to CAG and look for yourself.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']my first deal was a free summer heat beach volleyball from TRU ($5 shipping). THANKS CAG![/quote]

seriously sorry about this, it's only to spite jsweeney.

THE GRAMMAR NAZI STRIKES AGAIN!

::swooshes cape::

I have no clue what my first deal was, the first to come to mind was the splinter cell PoP deal a while back...

mario kart DD for $33.74 shipped from ebgames(used ebsaver shipping and the aff25 code)

Tho the recent deals of the lcd screen + psone for $30 at sears is unreal(must find out if the screen is first party).

My first big deal was that great Circuit City deal a while back. I could not believe I bought Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions (xbox) and Waverace (Gamecube) for $4.96 each. I been hooked to this site ever since.
BTW where do i go to post a deal I may have a couple...

My first was a failed attempt at getting the $5 PH titles from bb.com

But I used the 10% code they sent as a consolation to get an Xbox bundle for $180 (they were $180 retail at the time for the base system) that included Fuzion Frenzy, Star Wars/Sega GT bundle, and GTA double pack. (on sale for $200 less 10% = $180) I didn't care about Fuzion Frenzy, but the GTA double pack along with Madden '04 were my two main reasons for getting a system, so I was very happy. And turns out I've played the crap out of Fuzion Frenzy.

I also picked up an extra controller S for 10% off ($27) Today I would have simply used a GGC to get it for $25 outside of the web deal, but I didn't know any better at the time.

My first deal from here was Wild Arms 3 for like $6 or something from Overstock. They had $5 off for new customers, I've been hooked ever since.

I think the supposed free EGM thing was mentioned on another site... I checked out the story and they mentioned CAG.

So I came over here. I think BG&E for $10 at Circuit City was my first actual Cheap Ass Purchase. My favorite so far though has been price matching the GameStop typo to get a new GBA + E-reader for $40.

the first deal i can remember was the 4 for 1 at ebgames. i always knew about it but it never occured to me to buy cheap games and then trade em in. i scored a few games from those deals.

bread's done
Back