Reminder: Nintendo Deluxe Digital Promotion ending Dec 31st

ZubZub

CAGiversary!
Heya folks! This isn’t really a deal report, but a friendly reminder to Wii U deluxe owners that the Deluxe Digital Promotion eShop credit back deal is ending in a few days - December 31st! The Deluxe set is the black 32 GB console.

https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/

If you’re thinking of buying some digital games on your Wii U, now is a good time to make those purchases and hopefully bump yourself up to another $5 credit. And if you have't signed up for it yet, you still have time to register and maybe you already have some bonus credit waiting for you!

eShop sales: http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers

About the DDP promo:
Owners of the Wii U Deluxe Set can earn points on all digital games purchased through, or content downloaded from the Nintendo eShop on a Wii U Deluxe Set.

img_impression_ddp_en_02_pc.png

Deluxe Digital Promotion is an exclusive promotion for owners of the Wii U Deluxe Set. Points are earned on all digital purchases made from November 18, 2012 through December 31, 2014, and can be exchanged to receive codes for Nintendo eShop credit.

Points can be earned on both
Wii U games and digital content purchased directly from the Nintendo eShop.
Wii U games and digital content downloaded with a code purchased at a retailer, where available.
Club Nintendo rewards (you earn points as if you had bought it normally)
Download codes (e.g. the Wind Waker DL code from the bundle)

・Both games published by Nintendo and by other publishers are eligible for Points. Points cannot be earned on passes or subscriptions.
・Games and content purchased at the Wii Shop Channel within Wii Compatability mode are not eligible
・Points can only be earned on newly purchased/transferred games and content, and cannot be earned on games and content already purchased by downloading again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reminder.

I haven't checked in a while and was surprised that I had 10$ worth of codes waiting for me!

(I hadn't realized that I was getting points for bonus download codes).

Yeah. the Zelda bundle will give you 599 points I think (which means $5!). I had kind of forgotten about this promo, too and was happy to find $5. I might buy the Hyrule Warriors DLC now and see if I can get another $5...

Also, what store has wiiU games on sale lol
Haha here is a list from Nintendo's site for Boxing week sales: http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/whatsnew/detail/5upzGdFzb7h4KLhGU_WmlduQkHg3mPWi

I think Smash is on sale at many places for $45. There are a couple of recent threads that might have some good sale tips. Not sure if Captain Toad is on sale anywhere, but it looks like a fun and cute game.

Since you only get DDP shop credit from digital Wii U eShop purchases, here are some sales on their eshop http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers

Resident Evil Revelations and Monster Hunter 3U are $16 right now. Duck Hunt is also available.

If anyone has recommendations for other digital games, please share!

Thanks for making this topic, I forgot about this promo. Plus I had $$ sitting in my Nintendo account from this promo, and needed to spend another $8 to hit another credit.

If anyone has recommendations for other digital games, please share!
I'll second that question, I rarely pay attention to any games available digitally. But stuff I've heard about or tried that is worth playing is:

Shovel Knight

Steamworld Dig (it's on sale right now)

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Mighty Switch Force

For those looking for something to buy I can recommend a few titles.

Nano Assault Neo is a great twin stick shump and on sale currently for $7.49

Steam World Dig is a fun action-platformer. It's short, but worth the current sale price of $4.99

Shovel Knight is one of my games of the year and although it's been cheaper on Steam, it's worth every penny of the full price.

Pushmo World is a great puzzle game, but if you've played the 3DS version, you might not find it worth the money. If not, highly recommended.

Armillo is a Nintendo 64 era inspired action game, from the gameplay to the visuals. It's only $4 on sale right now, so if you're feeling nostalgia for the era, it's a cute title to pick up.

You also have, Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, Dr Luigi, Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, NES Remix 1 & 2, New Super Luigi U, , Toki Tori 1 & 2, Wii Sports Club and the always.. uh.. entertaining Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party.

Virtual Console games also count toward the DDP, even if they're from Club Nintendo rewards. Don't forget that DLC also counts toward your DDP. So if you've been holding out on Hyrule Warriors, or Pikmin 3, now might be the time to jump on it. 

Hope this helps some people.

bread's done
Back