2015 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

dodgeme

CAGiversary!
Feedback
108 (100%)
New year means it's time for a new thread. Being the group of cheapassgamer's that we are, it's only natural that thrift stores would be one of our main areas to hit up. Go ahead and use this thread to show off all of those juicy finds you've had for the 2015 year.

2014 was a very generous year for me personally and I have posted my finds here and there throughout 2014, plus with the closing of the local Flea Market in my area I decided to start going to the thrifts in the area a lot more often and let me tell you I was generally pleased with what I found, so if you are on the edge and aren't sure if you want to go, please go and save some of the stuff from these stores.

That being said, thrifting requires a lot of persistance, I can't tell you the amount of times that I have come home with nothing. In order for it to be worth your time you really do need to expand past just video game items. One of the best finds from last year was a Toshiba DVD/HDD recorder I found. Got it for $9.99 just because it looked interesting and I was able to flip it on the bay for $150.

Still there are plenty of video games to be found and my best find of last year was Megaman X2 for just $3.99 at the local savers.

Here's last years thread if your looking for some motivation, quite a big number of great finds to be seen in there
With that being said I plan on starting the new year off with a trip to my thrifts this Saturday. Hopefully there will be some good finds to be had. Happy Thrifting to you all and hopefully 2015 brings us all some great finds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reserving this post. I'd like to use it to post some of the bigger finds of this year, so if you see something that gets posted here in 2015 and I don't happen to see it let me know and I'll add it to this post.

Thanks for the new thread, I never did end up getting anything good to end 2014.  Hopefully 2015 will see less competition (maybe, wishful thinking).

Had some good finds today, wasn't even actually game hunting, just happened...

Small local thrift I got Oddworld Munch's Oddysee and Halo 2 CE for 3$ ea.

Goodwill #1 I found Zoocube on GCN for 2.50 (WTF is this game lol?)

Goodwill #2 I got 3 CD's, Breaking Benjamin - Phobia, Mudvayne - LD 50 and Nirvana Unplugged, 1.99 ea

Goodwill #3 I got a Pink 360 Controller for 10 and Spyro 2 on GBA for 4

Salvation Army I found more CDs,  Killswitch Engage - End of Heartache and Sevendust - Self Titled

Also picked up Bioshock 2 on 360 and Midway Arcade Treasure on OG Xbox for 5$ at a pawn shop.

Today was a solid ass day, found something everywhere I stopped.

I found sonic advance 3 GBA for $5, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure NES $5 and N64 Pacman Mace $5 at my local store. I might go back to see if they mark any of the games down like they do. I saw Sypro gba also. I tend to not buy games I'm not into unless they are rare and worth money.

Got a great haul today from one of the local smaller charity shops. It's mostly staffed by older women and they don't usually get gaming stuff in, so I was pleasantly surprised to see all of this.

Brought them up to the register, the cashier looked up the price (normally $2.50 each) and said "I don't think that's right, I'll put them at $2 each"...then counted them and said how about $17 for everything.  :D

V3pNJjMl.jpg

:360:  Bayonetta

:ps2: Shadow Hearts Covenant, Shadow Hearts From the New World, Castlevania Lament of Innocence, Shadow Hearts (promotional copy), .hack // Infection

GCN Skies of Arcadia Legends, Prince of Persia the Two Thrones, Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Tales of Symphonia, Soul Caliber II, Prince of Persia Sands of Time, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem

Everything is complete. Also found a GCN memory card for Starfox Adventures in one of the cases.

Got a great haul today from one of the local smaller charity shops. It's mostly staffed by older women and they don't usually get gaming stuff in, so I was pleasantly surprised to see all of this.

Brought them up to the register, the cashier looked up the price (normally $2.50 each) and said "I don't think that's right, I'll put them at $2 each"...then counted them and said how about $17 for everything. :D

V3pNJjMl.jpg

:360: Bayonetta

:ps2: Shadow Hearts Covenant, Shadow Hearts From the New World, Castlevania Lament of Innocence, Shadow Hearts (promotional copy), .hack // Infection

GCN Skies of Arcadia Legends, Prince of Persia the Two Thrones, Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Tales of Symphonia, Soul Caliber II, Prince of Persia Sands of Time, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem

Everything is complete. Also found a GCN memory card for Starfox Adventures in one of the cases.
Damn. That's an extremely nice haul.

Brought them up to the register, the cashier looked up the price (normally $2.50 each) and said "I don't think that's right, I'll put them at $2 each"...then counted them and said how about $17 for everything. :D

<snip>

:360: Bayonetta

:ps2: Shadow Hearts Covenant, Shadow Hearts From the New World, Castlevania Lament of Innocence, Shadow Hearts (promotional copy), .hack // Infection

Not a bad way to start off 2015. Nice score.

Just picked up School Rumble DVD's box set 1-13 episode and 14-26 for 4$ and a couple of Hack/roots dvds for 2$ at a local savers.   These were in almost new condition,  so was happy about that.

Holy shit! I think these were returns or something . Just got out of the goodwill!

For 5.99
Smash Bros wii u
Nes remix 3ds
Gta V ps4(case is torn)
Nba 2k15 360

.99 cents
Infinity toy box 2.0 ps4

I'll see if I can get some pics later

Holy shit! I think these were returns or something . Just got out of the goodwill!

For 5.99
Smash Bros wii u
Nes remix 3ds
Gta V ps4(case is torn)
Nba 2k15 360

.99 cents
Infinity toy box 2.0 ps4

wow you will like nes remix. I have a goodwill here just too far from home.

Went to the same goodwill 2 days in a row payed out awesome.

First day:

Music galore-

Limp Bizkit- Chocalate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water and Significant Other

Korn Unplugged

Sublime - 40oz to Freedom

P.O.D The Fundemental Elements of Southtown

Second Day:

Another CD

Red jumpsuit Apparatus - Don't You Fake It

a couple guides

Halo 3 and Myst (3.99 ea)

Another copy of Rage Against the Machine's Live at the Grand Olympic DVD

and the major score, a SEALED copy of Final Fantasy XI Online for PS2 with the Slipcover and Booklet in awesome shape for 6.99

waGSL03.jpg

For 5.99
Smash Bros wii u
Nes remix 3ds
Gta V ps4(case is torn)
Nba 2k15 360

.99 cents
Infinity toy box 2.0 ps4

hrere is a pic, with out infinity 2.0

0GV0RS3.jpg

Those console games wouldve been like $40 each and the 3DS game wouldve been like $25 at any of the local GWs here.........

Found 3 pretty uncommon seeming CD's today at Goodwill

Got 2 CD's from the band There Were Wires, Somnambulists and a Self Titled album,  it seems like these are the only CD's they released from 2002 and 2004, the most views on a youtube video I've found was 583, so I'm guessing there aren't very many of either of these CD's out there.

Also Manmade God's self titled album, apparantly they toured with one of my favorite bands (Taproot) in 03-04, so I'm excited to give this a listen.

Saw this shadowblade arcade stick at another goodwill. Should I pick it up for $10? Looks to be in mint shape.

4pV53Zv.jpg

KDUU296.jpg

Pretty much a bust for me today at my local thrifts. A few games here and there but nothing worth buying. I did get my hands on another set of speaker stands that match the set I found last year at another thrift, these are a bit shorter though and they get my front speakers off the ground finally. Only cost me $4.99 a piece. Still was nice to get back out again. Haven't been able to go for a few weeks as bad weather keeps on lining up with my days off from work.

Found some Gamecube/Wii DDR pads for $1.99 each and a bunch of overpriced Wii U games ($30 for ME3, etc.) at a Goodwill about an hour away earlier in the week. No good gaming deals at the local Goodwill today, but I found a Zagg keyboard cover for the iPad Air for just $12; as I took it to checkout the lady said it was half off. Box was torn, and if there was supposed to be a USB cable packaged it wasn't included, but the battery was charged and (aside from the lack of Esc and a proper Delete key) it works perfectly with my Teclast X98 Air II tablet.

Thursday night.  Dragon's Lair is one of my all time favorites so I was pumped for this find.  Looking forward to Bloodrayne on DVD.

med_gallery_354731_8522_802465.jpg

Friday night.  Half off sale.  $1 each.

med_gallery_354731_8522_301.jpg

Pretty decent start to 2015. 

Hit up the local giant thrift store here, picked up Home Alone & Hom Alone 2 on blu-ray for $6.

I saw quite a few games, but nothing that caught my interest for the price. They had a Gamewave there for $15 (but wanted another $35 for the case with the remotes?!) And then more yet for the few games they had. They did have a handful of SNES games for $5-ish, but almost all were sports titles, and they had a Genesis copy of Shaq-Fu, a bunch of PS2 games, some DS/GBA and some more.

Went up to my local Goodwill and found some decent stuff.

Got some nice cds and came across...

Soul Reaver 2 (PC) -- $0.49 at Goodwill. It's a good copy too in really good condition. And so far so good, it's installing on my mom's Windows 8 PC. I'm surprised to be honest, since I couldn't install an older version of a program before on a newer PC. Can't wait to start playing it. It's not the Playstation version, but it'll do for now.

Was literally dancing up and down in my head when I saw it :).

Hit up the local giant thrift store here, picked up Home Alone & Hom Alone 2 on blu-ray for $6. Nice pick up. A lot of times the online game stores are cheaper.

I saw quite a few games, but nothing that caught my interest for the price. They had a Gamewave there for $15 (but wanted another $35 for the case with the remotes?!) And then more yet for the few games they had. They did have a handful of SNES games for $5-ish, but almost all were sports titles, and they had a Genesis copy of Shaq-Fu, a bunch of PS2 games, some DS/GBA and some more.

While not a yard sale find, this marked my first find of 2015. At our local thrift shop, it was told that everything by the dumpster was either garbage or things that the shop can't test. I started driving home and noticed a PS game case sticking out of the box and took a closer look. Grabbed it and threw it in the truck. Upon getting home, I had hit a motherload. In the box was the following:

Unreal Tournament 2004 - PC
Quake 4 - PC
Halo - PC
ARMA - PC
Call of Duty 4 - PC
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic - PC
Farcry 3 - PC
Star Ocean Till End of Time Collectors Edition - PS2
Dragonball Z Budokai 3 - PS2
Jak 2 - PS2
Jak 3 - PS2
Dragon Quest VIII Collector's Edition Edition - PS2
Devil May Cry 3 - PS2
Legacy of Kain Defiance - PS2
Arc the Lad - PS2
007 The World is Not enough - PS
Digimon Digital Card Battles - PS
Syphon Filter 2 - PS
3xtreme - PS
Croc - PS
Driver 2 - PS
Gex - PS
Gex 2 - PS
Gex 3 - PS
Monster Rancher 2 - PS
Rugrats - PS
Legend of Dragoon - PS

The best part of all this is I got to them right before it started raining!!!! Score!
16259772032_21a5961552_b.jpg

Just went to 2 Goodwills today, got a lot at the one that's been paying out A LOT, I've had above average finds (talking weekly finds) 4 times within like 10 days, it's the best.

F5qtRkB.jpg

The OG Xbox games were just so damn clean I couldn't leave them

Advent Rising

Matrix: Path of Neo

Jade Empire

Splinter Cell

all complete and MINT for 2.99 ea

CD's were solid and I wasn't expecting any since I've found at least 8 in the last week

Metallica - Self Titled

Metallica - Ride the Lightning

Nine Inch Nails - Closer to God

Tenacious D - Pick of Destiny (with an awesome hologram front lol)

White Zombie - Astro-Creep:2000

Found my first ever Wavebird too, 6.99, was unable to find the receiver, but I'll still take it.

The switcher is awesome, Pelican brand, I had one but my brother needed one, this one's labeled for PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox and N64, 4.99

And a 1st party 3DS AC adapter for 3.99

Yesterday I found .hack GU Part 1 for $0.49 at a local Goodwill. Opened the case and of course, the disc was missing. Totally ruined my day. They did have .hack Mutation for the same price, though - so that kind of made up for it. Then again I never find the GU games, so it still stings.

shit I came in here excited I got NBA 2K13 sealed for Xbox 360 for $1.49

i feel like an ass now... someone should get fired at that Goodwill that priced all those 5.99

I hit the thrift stores around town a lot but I didn't post last year, so I'll start this year.

Most recent finds were:

Sega Genesis 2 w/ NBA Jam TE -------- $5

Original XBOX with controller ------------ $10

Bigfoot for NES ----------------------------- $4

hrere is a pic, with out infinity 2.0
0GV0RS3.jpg
Holy smokes nice find. The two good wills and 1 savers where I live basic prices on ebay/market. I recall when they just got in a GameCube bongos and when I asked, they took a minute, came back and said $40.
Maybe due to the fact I'm living in the Maryland area (silver spring, wheaton, etc)

Had an unusual find the other day.  Two Lynx cartridges in a baggie for 1.99.  Baseball Heroes and Hockey.  Nothing huge value-wise, I just found it a bit odd as this is the first time I've encountered Lynx games in the wild.

Had an unusual find the other day. Two Lynx cartridges in a baggie for 1.99. Baseball Heroes and Hockey. Nothing huge value-wise, I just found it a bit odd as this is the first time I've encountered Lynx games in the wild.
I hate finding things that hint at a better item. Like when I found a Suikoden II Strat guide a few months ago.

I never know if it's on the next cart to come out, if was already out and gone, or if it was never there.

A strange one for me. There was a 320gb hdd for the xbox S (it was one of those Target donated items) for 49.99. Now I dont like to buy for that price from a thrift store, especially since the box was opened and the hdd looked switched out tbh. However, I asked to see it and inside was a factory sealed sandisk 64gb micro SD card as well. 

I figured at that point 50 bucks for a 64gb micro sd and a 320gb xbox hdd was a good price, so I picked it up. Tested it when it got home and looks to work just fine. Even came with codes for ms. splosion man, nfs hot pursuit, and pinball fx 2.

bread's done
Back