* * * * - 21 votes

Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XIV

amazon amazon warehouse deals warehouse deals awd Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XIV

#8941 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7548 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:46 AM

I bought that Dino Rang even though I have that one from the three pack. What is wrong with me?

I also bought that Disney Infinity CE for $57 even though I own the game on the xbox one and xbox 360, and I own every Disney Infinity figure except for the weird crystal Toys R Us exclusives. I just wanted that gigantic frost giant display.

I have issues.

#8942 SuiCide_KiNg_213   DeAL ThIEF! CAGiversary!   127 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

SuiCide_KiNg_213

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:58 AM

Prices dropped since last post!!! Grabbed myself one with a Good Condition rating. Hopefully its descent enough for the price!

:vita: Assassin's Creed III Liberation PlayStation Vita Wi-Fi Bundle (A) $104.66 (G) $111.64 (VG) $118.61 (LN) $125.69

#8943 mlow44  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:02 AM

Prices dropped since last post!!! Grabbed myself one with a Good Condition rating. Hopefully its descent enough for the price!

:vita: Assassin's Creed III Liberation PlayStation Vita Wi-Fi Bundle (A) $104.66 (G) $111.64 (VG) $118.61 (LN) $125.69

I already bought my Vita over two weeks ago now but I still get excited whenever I see Vita deals posted. I wonder how long this side effect will stick with me...

#8944 SuiCide_KiNg_213   DeAL ThIEF! CAGiversary!   127 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

SuiCide_KiNg_213

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:09 AM

I already bought my Vita over two weeks ago now but I still get excited whenever I see Vita deals posted. I wonder how long this side effect will stick with me...

I know what you mean. I actually got in on the borderlands bundle a couple of weeks back, from Best Buys deal of the day. And here I am searching and buying a second one. CAG problems.

#8945 mlow44  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:18 AM

I know what you mean. I actually got in on the borderlands bundle a couple of weeks back, from Best Buys deal of the day. And here I am searching and buying a second one. CAG problems.

I've got enough gift credit to grab one of those Assassin's Creed bundles and I'm so tempted, but at this point I really need to focus on building up my Vita game library first. I'll focus on new shinies once I've got a bigger backlog for it

#8946 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7548 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:45 AM

I forgot to post that my (LN) Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Bundle and (G) PSP 3000 from the glitch night were delivered. Both are complete and in excellent condition. I've only tested them out a little, but I couldn't be happier. These are my first Sony handhelds.

Do you guys have recommendations for cases, grips, and screen protectors for the Vita and/or the PSP 3000? I'd appreciate it.

I like the case in this youtube video below because it holds 16 vita cartridges, but I can't find it anywhere.

Spoiler

I almost bought the case linked below at Gamestop. It was $9.99 and it was clearly a conversion from new to preowned. The GS employee recommended it for the OLED version, but during checkout I was smart enough to check Amazon and see it was cheaper. http://www.amazon.co...words=vita case

I really am a cheapass. This case looks kind of junky anyway.

I'm leaning towards this grip. http://www.amazon.co...words=vita grip I think it's the one from that youtube video.

I need it for my giant man hands.

Spoiler

#8947 mlow44  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:06 AM

I forgot to post that my (LN) Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Bundle and (G) PSP 3000 from the glitch night were delivered. Both are complete and in excellent condition. I've only tested them out a little, but I couldn't be happier. These are my first Sony handhelds.

Do you guys have recommendations for cases, grips, and screen protectors for the Vita and/or the PSP 3000? I'd appreciate it.

I like the case in this youtube video below because it holds 16 vita cartridges, but I can't find it anywhere.

Spoiler

I almost bought the case linked below at Gamestop. It was $9.99 and it was clearly a conversion from new to preowned. The GS employee recommended it for the OLED version, but during checkout I was smart enough to check Amazon and see it was cheaper. http://www.amazon.co...words=vita case

I really am a cheapass. This case looks kind of junky anyway.

I'm leaning towards this grip. http://www.amazon.co...words=vita grip I think it's the one from that youtube video.

I need it for my giant man hands.

I know the OLED version is more expensive (~$30 on Amazon last I checked), but I'm loving my Nyko Power Grip for the Slim. It's basically the same controller-like grip you linked to at the bottom of your post, except it also doubles the battery life by charging from its internal battery while the Vita is locked into it. The Slim version was like $10 less than the Fat version at the time I bought it, but honestly for how much use I'm getting out of it I would have gladly paid the extra $10. I did see the Fat one for $17 on Warehouse Deals the night of the glitch, though. Not sure that's a common price for it there or not. 

As far as cases go, I grabbed this one which fits both versions http://amzn.com/B0073ESYZO. They all generally seem pretty similar, so I just picked a cheap one that had good reviews. No complaints.

It may not be your thing, and I think the Fat version is a bit different than what I got for my Slim, but I also grabbed an ArmorSuit "Carbon Fiber" (just looks like carbon fiber, is actually just nylon from what I hear) skin for mine, just so it doesn't get any scratches. Might be a little overkill, and the screen protector is a bit of a pain to put on cleanly, but the skin itself is pretty easy and looks/feels better than the stock gloss, in my opinion. http://amzn.com/B00KFPNCB4

*EDIT* Fat version: http://amzn.com/B005CZD8BG

Edited by mlow44, 16 April 2015 - 08:21 AM.

#8948 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13840 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:13 AM

I agree with you on the Alpha, overpriced for what you get.

But the consoles 1080P (at $400) vs a PC's 2160P (at MUCH more than $400) is not that great of a comparison. 

Need more power to run that 12k resolution game? yeah... and how much will that cost? The biggest issue with PC gaming is $$$$$. Gotta keep spending more money to keep playing the new games, at least with a console it's $400ish every 4-5 years. 

I build my gaming PC's, keeps the cost down... but it truly is a money sink.

Lol, what you said is so completely wrong that I don't know how to respond to it. Just keep spending money for consoles, controllers, the ability to play online, more expensive games, etc., and I'll keep building my inexpensive, future-proofed PCs that are much better and do more than play video games and Netflix.

#8949 mlow44  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:36 AM

Lol, what you said is so completely wrong that I don't know how to respond to it. Just keep spending money for consoles, controllers, the ability to play online, more expensive games, etc., and I'll keep building my inexpensive, future-proofed PCs that are much better and do more than play video games and Netflix.

I've always looked at it that way, myself. A PC is not just a gaming platform, and when the majority of people are just going to buy a computer for their various other needs anyways, why not invest more in it? You'll have not only a superior gaming device, but also a computer capable of handling whatever you require of it.

Plus, like you said, consoles have their hidden costs as well. Put the $50 or so per year for Xbox Live/PS+ (I know it's probably actually sub-$30 for the average CAG, but I'm speaking generally here) into a hardware upgrade every now and then, as well as the money that you will undoubtedly save on games via the wider variety of digital deals available on PC. 

And your PC doesn't necessarily need to be the best hardware available at all times, either. Especially if you can settle for console graphics in the first place, you can get away with sticking with the same hardware for years.

/rant

#8950 dafoomie   dafoomie CAGiversary!   8822 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:43 AM

Warm:  Grandia PS1 good $37.75

http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

#8951 Narukami   http://i.imgur.com/J8SRXIT.jpg The hype is dead. CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:17 AM

Warm:  Grandia PS1 good $37.75

http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

Meh. I got the two discs disc only on eBay for less than $10 a few months ago. I got lucky, but still, $40 for a (possibly) complete copy is not worth it, for me.

#8952 dafoomie   dafoomie CAGiversary!   8822 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

I traded a 1mb Sega Saturn RAM cart for my complete copy but they go closer to $45 now.  Not saving much but prime, no hassle returns make it a little better.

Wonderful game, the sequels didn't quite have the same charm.

#8953 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23652 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

I agree with you on the Alpha, overpriced for what you get.

But the consoles 1080P (at $400) vs a PC's 2160P (at MUCH more than $400) is not that great of a comparison. 

Need more power to run that 12k resolution game? yeah... and how much will that cost? The biggest issue with PC gaming is $$$$$. Gotta keep spending more money to keep playing the new games, at least with a console it's $400ish every 4-5 years. 

I build my gaming PC's, keeps the cost down... but it truly is a money sink.

I've barely upgrade my PC since 2011 - and I can run a good amount of games still. I originally spent around $1200 or so building this PC (i7 950 w/ 4 cores at 3 Ghz or so; 1 GB RAM GTX 560 Ti; Win 7 64-bit OS) for The Witcher 2, week of release. I did upgrade from 8 GB of RAM originally to now 16 GB RAM. I've added hard-drives (internal and external) + spent money on that - but eh, that's about it. No real major hardware overhauls here...yet.

Only thing I really need here is a new video card (looking at something 3GB-4GB VRAM) TBH - namely to run games I already own like ACU + TEW; and so I could run games that I want like Ryse, Witcher 3, M-E: SoM, and anything else requiring or recommending wanting more VRAM on the vid-card.

I run most games at 1080p here - and I've been happy w/ that on my 23'' monitor.

#8954 Ratmonkey  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:40 AM

Are the deals really that scarce that we have to resort to the endless PC vs console debate.

Don't worry boys. AWD will glitch again

#8955 jeffcrazy   oh well whatever nevermind CAGiversary!   1415 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

jeffcrazy

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:55 AM

Speaking of glitch, finally got the Wii U set up that I bought for $140 that night... it's in amazing condition!  The box even had the little circle stickers intact, but obviously it wasn't brand new with smudges and dust on the unit.  Awesome deal and Mario Kart 8 made it worth it!

20150409_155510_resized.jpg

20150409_155616_resized.jpg

20150409_155730_resized.jpg

20150409_155800_resized.jpg

20150409_160048_resized.jpg

#8956 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8362 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:19 PM

Speaking of glitch, finally got the Wii U set up that I bought for $140 that night... it's in amazing condition!  The box even had the little circle stickers intact, but obviously it wasn't brand new with smudges and dust on the unit.  Awesome deal and Mario Kart 8 made it worth it!
  20150409_155510_resized.jpg
  20150409_155616_resized.jpg
  20150409_155730_resized.jpg
  20150409_155800_resized.jpg
  20150409_160048_resized.jpg

Not sure what circle stickers you're talking about as that console does not come with stickers that seal the box (all Nintendo consoles stopped having seal stickers)

#8957 jeffcrazy   oh well whatever nevermind CAGiversary!   1415 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

jeffcrazy

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:21 PM

Not sure what circle stickers you're talking about as that console does not come with stickers that seal the box (all Nintendo consoles stopped having seal stickers)

check out the first 2 pics of the box... there was a discussion about it when I posted that I received the Wii U but I think someone said they did put them on the Wii Us at the beginning of their production... I dunno, I just know the box I got had like 4 of them sealing it up!

#8958 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13135 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:28 PM

Does "missing shrink wrap" or "item may come repackaged" indicate a dinger at all?

#8959 CookieParty   Artist formerly known as Burritoman CAGiversary!   3260 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

CookieParty

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:31 PM

I think it may be an older one or something, because your nintendoland is on a disc, mine was digital.

Someone also said that nintendo is doing the stickers on wiiu again, I think.

Either way, good find.

#8960 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8362 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:34 PM

check out the first 2 pics of the box... there was a discussion about it when I posted that I received the Wii U but I think someone said they did put them on the Wii Us at the beginning of their production... I dunno, I just know the box I got had like 4 of them sealing it up!

I think it may be an older one or something, because your nintendoland is on a disc, mine was digital.

Someone also said that nintendo is doing the stickers on wiiu again, I think.

Either way, good find.

Naw the nintendoland "deluxe model 32gb" doenst come with them.  I got a few during the holidays new from target and none of them did. (when they were $150 new)

Great find nonetheless

#8961 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36523 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:35 PM

Does "missing shrink wrap" or "item may come repackaged" indicate a dinger at all?

Not usually.

#8962 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13135 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:57 PM

Not usually.

Darn, looking at a Destiny VG LE but hoping the expansion pass is unused.

#8963 dei  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

Darn, looking at a Destiny VG LE but hoping the expansion pass is unused.

I ordered one this past weekend. The slip cover and outer box had some damage on the edges. Everything inside was pristine, and it had all the vouchers. Unfortunately, the DLC code was already used. This was the description:

Condition: Used - Very Good - Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Missing shrink-wrap, activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Small cut/scatch on set case. Small wrinkle / bend on set case.

#8964 SSG Monty  

SSG Monty

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:17 PM

Naw the nintendoland "deluxe model 32gb" doenst come with them.  I got a few during the holidays new from target and none of them did. (when they were $150 new)

Great find nonetheless

Damn!  Wii U's for $150?  I need to pay more attention now that my girls are starting to game.

#8965 BxJoka814  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:22 PM

How often does the new 3DS XL pop up? My cheapassness is having a hard time paying retail.  :shame:

#8966 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1742 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:25 PM

I do NOTHING on my gaming PC except games... Winbloat is worthless, 8 and 10 are a joke. (there's a reason winbloat PC's sales/upgrades are falling like a rock)

You guys are comparing a $1200+ PC (MysterD) to a $400 console... (save $800+ and pay for online gaming for the next 16 years that you are complaining about)

#8967 matrix9280   CAGiversary! Banned   1839 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:37 PM

Take this bullshit over to NEOCRAP. Don't want it here.

#8968 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6529 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:39 PM

I would advise against buying any pre-packaged, proprietary Linux PC like that. It's got a 4th Gen i3 with 4GB DDR3 RAM and last year's second tier graphics card. It'll be good for a little while, but PC gaming is already into 2160p and up whereas consoles are still stuck at 1080/900p. There's a new racing game coming out that's 12k resolution. You'll need moar powar to get the full effect of these games. I don't think you will be able to upgrade that like you would a regular PC, either.

I bought a better laptop for $379 last year. It has 6GB RAM and 750GB hard drive space. Run Steam in big picture mode, spend $20 on MS controller, plug the HDMI into my TV and I'm golden. I'd definitely return it if I were you.

Yeah but the form factor for me is a HUGE deal. This thing is the size of a Wii and fits nicely on my entertainment center. For $400, the ability to play most games (and it'll be that way for awhile, everything is upgradable except the GPU), run a plex server, be an emulator box, etc. at that cheap, I'm fine with that.

I could build one, but I don't particularly care to. You'd be hard pressed to for $400 with the same quality parts, an OS, and a 360 controller. And I especially don't want a huge tower in my living room, I'm not going to build a huge battle station either.

It's plugged up to my 1080p TV which I play on, so the 2160p doesn't apply to me anyway. I'll take it for the exclusives I wanna play or the semi annual steam sales on stuff I want.

I'm in no way a PC elitist and play consoles more, mostly due to that's where my friends play too.

#8969 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6529 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:43 PM

Edit: dp

#8970 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3297 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:52 PM

Edit: dp

350x214px_LL_2efa7844_South_Park_nice.jp

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amazon, amazon warehouse deals, warehouse deals, awd, Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread, XIV