* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promo. [9/15: Forza Motorsport 6, 9/22: FIFA 16, 9/25: NBA 2K16 Early Tip Off]

#3631 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert Joly CAGiversary!   3631 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:16 PM

I read all of your posts in Hubert's French accent now.

Nice!

jac522.png  Hubert Joly looking boss

Check out my Website http://www.hubertjoly.com
Have you bought :ps4: Until Dawn yet? You should, best game of the year so far. It's so good that Amazon is sold out for 3 to 5 weeks.

#3632 247   . CAGiversary!   1455 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:19 PM

Went ahead and picked up Mad Max, good chance it goes on sale in a few weeks.

#3633 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   1870 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:37 PM

Lmao, all MN stores didn't get their Mad Max steelbooks ,_,

Trying to find time for video games, while also trying to be a decent college student.

Currently Playing:  :ps4: Bloodborne / Destiny   :ps3: Assassin's Creed: Rogue / Destiny  :vita: Child of Light   :wiiu: Super Smash Bros.  :3ds: Monster Hunter Ultimate 4

Most Recently Beat:   :vita: Mortal Kombat   :ps4: Mortal Kombat X   :ps4: Life Is Strange - Episode 1: Chrysalis

"Sony gave me a partial refund on a Wii U game."

#3634 BNoyes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:21 PM

At this point I'm convinced that Mad Max is not a game for me and I'm thinking of returning my unopened copy to Best Buy (which should be delivered to my house today). I paid for the game with about an even split of store credit and my credit card. Will BB just refund the CC and give me a new gift card with store credit? Also, what happens to your $10 pre-order bonus if you return an unopened game?

#3635 Pokechaos480   Consuming Chaos CAGiversary!   800 Posts   Joined 1.6 Years Ago  

Pokechaos480

Posted Yesterday, 07:22 PM

You won't get the preorder bonus because you're returning the game.

#3636 j.t   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   701 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:26 PM

Yeah after about 30 minutes finally got my copy. They had to call and release the preorder.

#3637 Larry Davis   All Night Operator CAG in Training   742 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted Yesterday, 07:48 PM

I listen to my local gamestop employees. I've found they have my best interests in mind. Good thing I preorderd 2 copies of Haze.

I am high on Nectar 24/7

#3638 irishsoccermbw   Prosecution Rests CAGiversary!   5205 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted Yesterday, 07:56 PM

I listen to my local gamestop employees. I've found they have my best interests in mind. Good thing I preorderd 2 copies of Haze.

That's why I always get the protection plan on my PS4 blu ray disk games.  They say they are gonna scratch and that it happens all the time, thanks gamestop!!

#3639 etcrane   One Star for a Reason CAGiversary!   4555 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:57 PM

Just a heads up, the Mad Max game/blu-ray deal pulls the $10 off the game, not the blu-ray. So really, for GCU members, you're saving $7.99 and not $10 ... kind of sucks but I guess that's life. Also ruins any future game PMs if it goes on sale for $39.99 in the next few weeks.

I'm half debating returning everything and waiting until BF ... but I'm unsure right now.

#3640 dominator   Boss CAGiversary!   1551 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:01 PM

Just a heads up, the Mad Max game/blu-ray deal pulls the $10 off the game, not the blu-ray. So really, for GCU members, you're saving $7.99 and not $10 ... kind of sucks but I guess that's life. Also ruins any future game PMs if it goes on sale for $39.99 in the next few weeks.

I'm half debating returning everything and waiting until BF ... but I'm unsure right now.

You know, now that I think of it, I'll just wait and see if it goes on sale within my return period.

126410.png

TapouT32.png

#3641 diplo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   554 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:15 PM

Well I decide to call BB customer services, lol. Since my BB hasn't open yet
Rep claimed that the never send ready to pick up in the morning you have to wait until the store opens so the can receive the order. Sucks since I want to pick up Mad Max Steelbook and MGSV isn't ready yet. I don't want to do two trips today yet if I don't get their early chances are I'm not gonna get the steel book :(

I got my email at 2:47pm today, latest I ever got it

#3642 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted Yesterday, 08:29 PM

At this point I'm convinced that Mad Max is not a game for me and I'm thinking of returning my unopened copy to Best Buy (which should be delivered to my house today). I paid for the game with about an even split of store credit and my credit card. Will BB just refund the CC and give me a new gift card with store credit? Also, what happens to your $10 pre-order bonus if you return an unopened game?

Keep it. Trade it in for 40% extra trade credit. You'll still get your $10 RZ cert too.

The+SCHWARTZ+00.png

#3643 Crazyglitcher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1361 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Crazyglitcher

Posted Yesterday, 08:44 PM

Anyone know if the "picked it up day one and didn't preorder, but still got the points anyways" process still works? Last minute change of heart.

#3644 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder CAGiversary!   6886 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:00 PM

Anyone know if the "picked it up day one and didn't preorder, but still got the points anyways" process still works? Last minute change of heart.

Try it and see? 

I dont think it does work though,

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#3645 TheBiz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:19 PM

Keep it. Trade it in for 40% extra trade credit. You'll still get your $10 RZ cert too.

40%?  30% bonus + 10% GCU?  Or are they bumping the TIV bonus next week?

#3646 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1067 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted Yesterday, 09:21 PM

40%?  30% bonus + 10% GCU?  Or are they bumping the TIV bonus next week?

yea 30% plus the 10% gcu. It started last week and pretty sure it is ending Sat. Don't see anything about it in next week's ad posted here. 

#3647 GodSmackedMe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   553 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

GodSmackedMe

Posted Yesterday, 09:26 PM

I suppose it's too late to hope they add NHL to this, huh?  :cry:

876202.png

#3648 TheBiz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:11 PM

Nice!

Still waiting on that TIV for Mad Max...

#3649 TheBiz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:12 PM

Gah, did they do a return/rebuy and apply the $10 off first and then the GCU?

#3650 BNoyes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:22 PM

Problem is that there's no guarantee I'll be able to trade it in while there's still a 30% bonus. Right now the game doesn't have a trade-in value online, which means it can't be traded in in-store. I've noticed that BB has been taking longer to provide trade-in values for some newer games. Normally I'd wait, but I'm in a bit of a time crunch now since I'm about to lose a lot of free time for gaming.

#3651 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   601 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted Yesterday, 10:28 PM

yeah i agree that doesn't seem right. CGU members are supposed to save 20% off what regular customers pay. so the $10 off should have applied before the 20% is calculated.

#3652 Mostly Human   Amiibo Robinhood CAGiversary!   525 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Mostly Human

Posted Yesterday, 10:35 PM

The $ dollar off promotions always screw up GCU.  They had a buy 2 games get $40 off or something a month ago.  But they applied the dollar amount off before GCU so it wasn't as good of a deal as what it should have been.

Part of the crew, part of the ship.

#3653 etcrane   One Star for a Reason CAGiversary!   4555 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:45 PM

I pre-ordered my copy in store, so he just added the blu-ray while ringing up the game pickup. I noticed that it knocked the game down to $39.99 though, which bummed me out because I really wanted it to be $47.99 and $9.99 for the movie.

I have a feeling Mad Max will be $20 on BF ... so I'm going to wait and see if the trade-in value pops up before Saturday and if it doesn't, I'll probably return the bundle unless I can get a good turn around on trading the game.

#3654 TheBiz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:08 PM

I pre-ordered my copy in store, so he just added the blu-ray while ringing up the game pickup. I noticed that it knocked the game down to $39.99 though, which bummed me out because I really wanted it to be $47.99 and $9.99 for the movie.

I have a feeling Mad Max will be $20 on BF ... so I'm going to wait and see if the trade-in value pops up before Saturday and if it doesn't, I'll probably return the bundle unless I can get a good turn around on trading the game.

Ahh so they did just take the $10 off first then the GCU.  Well the difference is just $1.99, so hopefully the TIV is at least close to $40.  But yeah I'm in the same boat as you.  I really want to movie now so I can rewatch it but I plan on waiting for the game to hit $20 before I buy it.

#3655 etcrane   One Star for a Reason CAGiversary!   4555 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:25 PM

Plus the discount applies to the Steelbook ... and that's something i know I won't be able to get on Black Friday ... it's a nice cover too ... highly recommended -

m2218173.jpg

#3656 TheBiz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:41 PM

Plus the discount applies to the Steelbook ... and that's something i know I won't be able to get on Black Friday ... it's a nice cover too ... highly recommended -

m2218173.jpg

I'd be totally in for the steelbook except I want the 3D version of the film since I only saw the 2D version in the theaters.

#3657 Bobby's Universe   CAG Certified: 2 years & $+ill runnin' CAGiversary!   2498 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Bobby's Universe

Posted Today, 12:22 AM

So does the Mad Max game suck?

I'm having second thoughts about picking it up. I might just get a refund for my pre-order when I go return the MGS V CE
Currently Playing
Untitled-2.gif TLOU Remastered
ps3108.gif The Warriors (Warriors, come out & play!!!)
1tp4rst.gif Super Mario 3D World
wii109.gif Scarface The World Is Yours
3ds120.gif Kid Icarus

#3658 BNoyes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:34 AM

So does the Mad Max game suck?

I'm having second thoughts about picking it up. I might just get a refund for my pre-order when I go return the MGS V CE

Based on the hour I've played so far it's not terrible, but it's not great, either. Basically, if you love the Ubisoft openworld formula, you'll probably like Mad Max. Definitely a game where it looks like they just copied and pasted things that worked well in other games, but they did absolutely nothing to really give the game a unique feel. It plays decent, though, and it seems like it might be worth playing for a few hours just to see the enviroments and upgrade the car.

#3659 blinknot4   IDGAFOS CAGiversary!   2406 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:19 AM

Just a heads up, the Mad Max game/blu-ray deal pulls the $10 off the game, not the blu-ray. So really, for GCU members, you're saving $7.99 and not $10 ...

If that is the case, shouldn't the game show as $42 - not $44. I'm GCU - and confused by this promo.  :-k

My cart:

Oein4zL.png?1

PSN / XBL / Wii U: Champloo4

471350.png

#3660 VaultBoy101   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   311 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

VaultBoy101

Posted Today, 01:29 AM

My pre-ordered copy of MGS still hasn't shipped, and I'm Elite. Ridiculous. What has happened to BB's shipping? I got games on release day, every time, last year when I wasn't an Elite member.