* * * * - 17 votes

Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promo.

#6991 FullmetalPain22  

FullmetalPain22

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:26 PM

This might help you decide one way or the other...DOOM has a Season Pass too!

Damn...had no idea. it's 40 bucks at that

#6992 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3797 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:00 PM

Anyone else not feeling much love for the spring game releases?  Had Quantum Break, Doom 4, Overwatch, and Dark Souls 3 on preorder.  Cancelled all of them except for Dark Souls 3.  Between the new low $35 TIVs and not feeling much love for the other games.

Still looking forward to Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4 though, too bad neither is part of the $10 bonus.

I guess when the next B2G1F is done I'll have some stuff to buy, which is nice

Lots of games I want, but I'm too much of a cheap ass to pay full price. I'll wait.

#6993 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:27 PM

I am a bit disappinted Uncharted is not part of this deal. I considered canceling it but I order it during the great 50% off bug. On the other hand i won;t be able to get the coins.

I'd gladly pay $32.10 of actual money vs $59.99 GameStop trade credit

#6994 Karkian   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:09 AM

I would have been tempted to get Doom if it didn't come out 3 days after Uncharted 4. Sucks that the delays put them so close to each other.

#6995 TheGlow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:37 AM

I see the BBY site mentions Overwatch but I don't actually see any mention of the $10 credit on the game page.

I was looking to get 2 copies of PC for me and my daughter. With GCU and $10 that puts it in the same range as shady key sites, but legit.

Also how do they handle things like the early access beta? I wish they would just provide an online key for redemption but I'll have to go pick up a physical copy...

#6996 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2488 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:09 AM

I see the BBY site mentions Overwatch but I don't actually see any mention of the $10 credit on the game page.

I was looking to get 2 copies of PC for me and my daughter. With GCU and $10 that puts it in the same range as shady key sites, but legit.

Also how do they handle things like the early access beta? I wish they would just provide an online key for redemption but I'll have to go pick up a physical copy...

Remember, you can only get one $10 reward certificate per account (per game). If you're looking to save money, Overwatch will also be available digitally on PC for $40 for the non Origins edition. Look up what's included to decide if the extra content is worth the price. All you're really getting with the Origins edition is 5 cosmetic skins and some in game items for other Battle.net games.

As for your last question, as long as you include your account number when pre-ordering you should be emailed the key for early beta access by Best Buy. This applies to both online and instore preorders.

#6997 syndragore  

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:15 AM

A bit off topic, but does anyone know if Best Buy will be doing a midnight or 9pm PST release for Dark Souls 3?

#6998 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1718 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:23 AM

Still a niche game even though the series is super famous now. I don't remember there being a release party for fallout 4 or street fighter v so i doubt it tbh

#6999 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1767 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:27 AM

so where is it mentioned again, that Overwatch gets a $10 cert? I can't seem to find it.

never mind found it

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat308100050002

#7000 TheGlow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:56 AM

Remember, you can only get one $10 reward certificate per account (per game). If you're looking to save money, Overwatch will also be available digitally on PC for $40 for the non Origins edition. Look up what's included to decide if the extra content is worth the price. All you're really getting with the Origins edition is 5 cosmetic skins and some in game items for other Battle.net games.

As for your last question, as long as you include your account number when pre-ordering you should be emailed the key for early beta access by Best Buy. This applies to both online and instore preorders.

Ahh ok. I've never actually preordered more than 1 of anything before. That still applies for a different order? So just preorder one copy, end transaction. Make another preorder?

I knew about the non origins. I was leaning that way but with this being so much closer I figured id go with best buy.

I also have a gift card with $75 left on it, so I still wont be eating too much damage. I think I shell out about 25-30 and then Ill get at least $10 back. Not a bad deal to bring my daughter into the pvp realm.

#7001 SpideyVille  

SpideyVille

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:13 PM

Just saw that LEGO: The Force Awakens was added, and I'm considering pre-ordering, but I don't think I can justify buying this at full price, even with GCU. I'm still waiting for LEGO: Avengers to drop to $20-30.

#7002 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3607 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:17 PM

Just saw that LEGO: The Force Awakens was added, and I'm considering pre-ordering, but I don't think I can justify buying this at full price, even with GCU. I'm still waiting for LEGO: Avengers to drop to $20-30.

I find it annoying that the 3DS qualifies for the $10 when you click the link but the vita version is not listed.
I preordered the Vita version anyway for $20 with GCU and $5 rewards.

#7003 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4415 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:42 AM

First page is not updated...

#7004 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:01 PM

First page is not updated...

The solution is wrestling gifs.

#7005 SrDiesel49  

SrDiesel49

Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:50 PM

Is it just me or has best buy really slowed down on this promo as of late; I feel like in previous year(s) we have seen more titles on this list then what is there currently. 

#7006 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:08 PM

I find it annoying that the 3DS qualifies for the $10 when you click the link but the vita version is not listed.
I preordered the Vita version anyway for $20 with GCU and $5 rewards.

3DS version qualifies?!?

As long as the initial trade in value is above like $16, you can rent it for free and get a free Lego set!

#7007 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   4147 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:32 PM

Is it just me or has best buy really slowed down on this promo as of late; I feel like in previous year(s) we have seen more titles on this list then what is there currently.

Yea un

#7008 Zeferino64   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Zeferino64

Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:44 PM

Dang that battleborn beta is fun. Like borderlands on steroids.

Are we playing the same Borderlands? I found the game to be way half ass backwards from Borderlands.

#7009 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:46 PM

They just added 3 games. They'll add more when E3 comes around.

#7010 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:17 PM

Are we playing the same Borderlands? I found the game to be way half ass backwards from Borderlands.

Agreed. Borderlands is like Mad Max on crack.

Battleborn was like Destiny with the cartoony style of Borderlands, without the quality. I actually felt like I was playing a hybrid of the two. The controls felt very clunky and the characters felt slow. I didn't like that I couldn't aim down the sights with characters that had guns. Also, just way too many damn characters.

#7011 Nine Lives   Making Kawaii Lolis sweat CAGiversary!   554 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Nine Lives

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:32 PM

Yea I hated Battleborn. It was so boring and the game was just ugly. Especially when using the abilities it looked some some shitty free-to-play game.

#7012 d3sm0nd  

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:04 PM

Agreed. Borderlands is like Mad Max on crack.

Battleborn was like Destiny with the cartoony style of Borderlands, without the quality. I actually felt like I was playing a hybrid of the two. The controls felt very clunky and the characters felt slow. I didn't like that I couldn't aim down the sights with characters that had guns. Also, just way too many damn characters.

Battleborn plays like garbage, half the time I wasnt sure what I was supposed to be doing. Its nowhere near the quality of destiny or borderlands. You can ads in battleborn tho, at least with the character with the AR and the airstrike/stealth camo. 

#7013 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6725 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2016 - 08:17 PM

I don't understand why everyone is saying Battlefborn is nothing like Borderlands like it is a bad thing. I love Borderlands, so much so that I have all the games on multiple systems and even have some signed items from VA who played Sir Hammerlock and Angel.

This is NOT Borderlands, it's by Gearbox, that's it. Sure the art style is somewhat similar, but I consider it to be more akin to Ratchet and Clank. This is a FPS MOBA. This is not an RPG in any form. I for one am having a blast playing it in the beta and already put $5 down. I am not 100% sold on it but I figured I would put $5 down and make my mind up closer to release.

I am fine with people disliking the beta or not wanting the game, but a lot of the reasons seem to be based on a misunderstanding of what the game is trying to be.

#7014 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:00 PM

Forgot that the beta is live. Doh!

#7015 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:25 PM

I don't understand why everyone is saying Battlefborn is nothing like Borderlands like it is a bad thing.

This is NOT Borderlands, it's by Gearbox, that's it. Sure the art style is somewhat similar, but I consider it to be more akin to Ratchet and Clank. This is a FPS MOBA. This is not an RPG in any form. I for one am having a blast playing it in the beta and already put $5 down. I am not 100% sold on it but I figured I would put $5 down and make my mind up closer to release.

I am fine with people disliking the beta or not wanting the game, but a lot of the reasons seem to be based on a misunderstanding of what the game is trying to be.

We know what it is; we just don't like it.

#7016 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:29 PM

Grr double post...

#7017 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:46 PM

Forgot that the beta is live. Doh!

For Battleborn? The DOOM Beta is also live.

#7018 TheGlow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:58 PM

I was in closed beta for Battleborn on XB1 and it just felt raw. more like an alpha. I had no idea what the heck was going on. Kind of like Paladins beta on PC 5 months ago.

Meanwhile I got in on an Overwatch weekend and my daughter got bit by the PVP bug and I had to set her up with her own desktop in preparation for it.

#7019 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6725 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:30 PM

We know what it is; we just don't like it.

Then I guess you misread my post.

I clearly state that anyone can dislike the game, but I was referring to the people saying it isn't like Borderlands and that disappointed them. That is like being upset that Uncharted wasn't like Jak & Daxter. Same studio sure, but no where did they claim them to be similar.

#7020 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:54 PM

For Battleborn? The DOOM Beta is also live.

Aw crap I didn't realize this either. Thanks!