* * * * - 17 votes

Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promo.

#7651 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6737 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:57 AM

Amazon pre-order canceled. Deluxe Edition here i come!  :D/

The fact that a big AAA title from SE is now on the list gives me hope for KH2.8 and KH3 being added as well!

#7652 iduncurr   McNubbin CAGiversary!   2796 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:02 AM

I don't know, has any remastered games every been on the $10 Reward Cert Promo?

Possibility on KH3 if FFXV does well I'm assuming?

#7653 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6737 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:06 AM

I don't know, has any remastered games every been on the $10 Reward Cert Promo?

Possibility on KH3 if FFXV does well I'm assuming?

No Final Fantasy game has ever been in the promo either. The only SE games that have been added were iffy titles that they weren't sure would sell well. They know FFXV will sell well so I am surprised to see it there. Not saying this means they will be added, but FF15 being added is an interesting bit of info that means it isn't out of the picture.

#7654 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:28 AM

I was not expecting Mafia 3. Give me Mirrors Edge Catalyst, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Final Fantasy 15, & :ps4: RotTR also and I'll be a happy camper.

I mean I'm not asking for much lol.

edit- XCOM 2 also

Woot, at least I got one.  :pray: for the other 3.

#7655 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7859 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:36 PM

I preordered FFXV in store a while back (when I bought Uncharted 4). I presented the GCU, so will I get the $10 reward certificate that way, or do I have to preorder online? I don't like paying for the entire cost of the game several months before it's supposed to be released (& a game like this may even get delayed). I paid the entire transaction when preordering Bravely Second CE online, but I THOUGHT that would be truly limited. I'd rather pay my $5, then pay when I pick up (this way I hope they can't pull the, "ship to store not available," nonsense like they do on some games, also).

#7656 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:42 PM

I preordered FFXV in store a while back (when I bought Uncharted 4). I presented the GCU, so will I get the $10 reward certificate that way, or do I have to preorder online? I don't like paying for the entire cost of the game several months before it's supposed to be released (& a game like this may even get delayed). I paid the entire transaction when preordering Bravely Second CE online, but I THOUGHT that would be truly limited. I'd rather pay my $5, then pay when I pick up (this way I hope they can't pull the, "ship to store not available," nonsense like they do on some games, also).

Are you paying with PayPal? When you order online with a CC it doesn't charge you until it ships (It gives a pending charge that drops off).

#7657 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7859 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:12 PM

Are you paying with PayPal? When you order online with a CC it doesn't charge you until it ships (It gives a pending charge that drops off).

Actually, I did pay with PayPal. I have only bought from Best Buy maybe 3- 4 times, and that was my first preorder from them. I'll keep that in mind. Do I need to order online, and after the reward certificate was announced, or am I good if I placed a down payment on a preorder about a month ago? I have the receipt (obvious to most, but I don't get my preorder without that receipt). Thanks.

#7658 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1776 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:18 PM

I hope Best Buy gets their rewards points together before E3 starts. I'm not ordering anything until I get my $10 in certs from Overwatch. I know they took everything down but this is taking way too long.

#7659 JohnHarker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1263 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

JohnHarker

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:35 PM

I'm also missing my rewards from late May and onwards. I'll give them a couple weeks before I complain. Glad that FF XV is getting the bonus, it pushed me over the edge. I know I should wait for Steam but I have a feeling it'll be a while so I went ahead and preordered. 

#7660 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:05 PM

Actually, I did pay with PayPal. I have only bought from Best Buy maybe 3- 4 times, and that was my first preorder from them. I'll keep that in mind. Do I need to order online, and after the reward certificate was announced, or am I good if I placed a down payment on a preorder about a month ago? I have the receipt (obvious to most, but I don't get my preorder without that receipt). Thanks.

It should be fine. Even if it doesn't automatically add on, you can always go on their forum. The BB reps there will take care of you very quickly.

#7661 andycandy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   265 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:34 PM

looks like nba 2k17 has $10 cert

#7662 Zeferino64   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Zeferino64

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:39 PM

I'm also missing my rewards from late May and onwards. I'll give them a couple weeks before I complain. Glad that FF XV is getting the bonus, it pushed me over the edge. I know I should wait for Steam but I have a feeling it'll be a while so I went ahead and preordered. 

Is my existing order fine or do I need to cancel and reorder? Especially with this bs with the points. Also missing points for OW and it $10 cert. Also seeing nothing about the OS order either. Doom went through fine but nothing for anything after that. There no help on the forum what so ever. Just a bot repeating the same message.

#7663 JohnHarker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1263 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

JohnHarker

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:34 PM

Is my existing order fine or do I need to cancel and reorder? Especially with this bs with the points. Also missing points for OW and it $10 cert. Also seeing nothing about the OS order either. Doom went through fine but nothing for anything after that. There no help on the forum what so ever. Just a bot repeating the same message.

I would just re-order so that way you don't have to mess with support.

#7664 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6737 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:38 PM

I would just re-order so that way you don't have to mess with support.

No need to, it will give them the $10. It doesn't matter when you pre-ordered the game. So long as you have it tied to your rewards account, you'll get the $10.

#7665 JohnHarker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1263 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

JohnHarker

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:44 PM

No need to, it will give them the $10. It doesn't matter when you pre-ordered the game. So long as you have it tied to your rewards account, you'll get the $10.

Yeah, thats how it worked before, but we don't know what they've lost during the interval. Hopefully everything's still there, but who knows?

#7666 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6737 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:57 PM

Yeah, thats how it worked before, but we don't know what they've lost during the interval. Hopefully everything's still there, but who knows?

Nothing was lost, they just transitioned. Granted it took far longer then it should have but nothing was lost as of now. 

#7667 dieselsoccer  

dieselsoccer

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:03 PM

Nothing was lost, they just transitioned. Granted it took far longer then it should have but nothing was lost as of now. 

At this point we do not know that.  Once the system updates with the missing transactions, then we can figure out if anything was lost or not.

#7668 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7859 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:37 PM

It should be fine. Even if it doesn't automatically add on, you can always go on their forum. The BB reps there will take care of you very quickly.

Thank you for answering.

#7669 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6694 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:56 PM

Titanfall 2 has been added:

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat308100050002

#7670 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8667 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 11:40 PM

Titanfall 2 has been added:

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat308100050002

hahaha...some non-english person wrote the description I think

Gameplay incredibly fun and thrilling combat experience that is unmatched.

Captivating Single Player Campaign you a on to The Frontier as a Militia rifleman with aspirations of becoming a Pilot.

#7671 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   7092 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:56 AM

Probably the person who wrote the code the new rewards system runs on *ba dum psh*.

#7672 Murderstorm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   343 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Murderstorm

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:14 AM

I now have even less reward points than before and no certificates not even the overwatch $10

#7673 ShadowedAsh   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   501 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

ShadowedAsh

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:46 AM

Does anyone know if the $10 cert applied for Overwatch for PC? I actually wanted to preorder the X1 edition but when I preordered in-store with one of the cards, the guy sold me a PC preorder. I caught him on it and he just said, "Oh, it doesn't matter. We'll have plenty."

When I went to pick it up, the guy at guest service was confused too when I asked for an X1 copy instead of PC which was on the pre-order receipt.

#7674 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6737 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:55 AM

Does anyone know if the $10 cert applied for Overwatch for PC? I actually wanted to preorder the X1 edition but when I preordered in-store with one of the cards, the guy sold me a PC preorder. I caught him on it and he just said, "Oh, it doesn't matter. We'll have plenty."

When I went to pick it up, the guy at guest service was confused too when I asked for an X1 copy instead of PC which was on the pre-order receipt.

It worked for PC as well. It might cause issues though depending on how the store processed your pickup. I would wait until people start reporting their bonus points are there.

#7675 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13622 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:13 AM

Lesson #1: never trust retail employees, they usually have no idea what they are talking about.

Lesson #2: if you think there might be a problem fix it then, never wait and hope it works out

#7676 dav2sil  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:22 AM

Lesson #2: if you think there might be a problem fix it then, never wait and hope it works out

Unless it's an STD, it's always best to wait those out.

#7677 philmcfly   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:49 PM

Not that it's caught up, but a new transaction rolled in from May 25 (previously May 18 was the last result) so it'll probably trickle in.

#7678 FatherChesz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   642 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

FatherChesz

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:50 PM

Had a great call with customer service for a pricematch, I either get someone who doesn't know what GCU is, or I get someone who can't math and just gives me the difference between the original price and the sale price. Today was the latter, after GCU and the $10 cert, Doom ran me $18.

Back OT, You have to go to that specific link to see the $10 cert on FF.  It's not on the main cert page or even on the listing for the game.  I'll wait for it to show on the deluxe edition page, then I think I'll bite.  

#7679 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   2159 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:20 PM

Has anyone been able to successfully pre-order Titanfall 2 for in-store pick up?  It says there are no stores nearby that can do that, but it might be because TF2 was just officially added to their inventory yesterday.  Just wondering if it's just me...

#7680 Zeferino64   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Zeferino64

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:38 PM

Not that it's caught up, but a new transaction rolled in from May 25 (previously May 18 was the last result) so it'll probably trickle in.

Still nothing new for me. Does the report missing points option supposed to do anything?