* * * * - 17 votes

Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promo.

#2221 fluffynumkins   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

fluffynumkins

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:29 PM

Years ago when I worked there it was possible but I don't shop their really anymore so I'm not sure if things changed. Shoot they used to give you codes on a separate paper and you could cancel your pre orders with no issue.

I know this worked fine when you could get the free Destiny shader for preordering CoD

#2222 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:57 AM

#2223 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:16 AM

I'll probably get hosed for this but isn't it possible to pre order the game at GameStop pick it up and get the code that is on the receipt then come back and return the game?

It is doable, I did this with the Halo MCC preorder bonus.

#2224 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3007 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:36 AM

It's way too early for me to preorder Fallout 4. I'm going to need to see special editions, store exclusives, etc. before I decide to preorder 6 copies in order to get it all.

#2225 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:44 AM

Before I go ahead and pre order Batman Arkham Knights on Bestbuy.com I have a few questions..when I go to this link

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat325600050001

it mentions:

Batman: Arkham Knight Pre-Order Bonus

Play as Harley Quinn and receive four challenge maps when you pre-order for
Xbox One, PS4 or PC

but when I go to the game itself it only mentions this wayne tech booster pack so not sure if that above stuff comes included, it doesnt appear in checkout or in the item description..and the 10 dollar rewards certificate is also not mentioned in checkout

#2226 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3652 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:50 AM

Before I go ahead and pre order Batman Arkham Knights on Bestbuy.com I have a few questions..when I go to this link

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat325600050001

it mentions:

Batman: Arkham Knight Pre-Order Bonus

Xbox One, PS4 or PC

but when I go to the game itself it only mentions this wayne tech booster pack so not sure if that above stuff comes included, it doesnt appear in checkout or in the item description..and the 10 dollar rewards certificate is also not mentioned in checkout

Well the fact that BB, Amazon, Gamestop, and Walmart are all advertising the Harley DLC for preordering (AND Newegg - don't think they've ever had any retailer exclusive DLC) suggests thats going to be a code automatically included in the box for all first run copies, like the Deathstroke pack in Arkham origins. BB's Wayne tech DLC is probably going to be a code that they send in email.

#2227 diplo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   919 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:57 AM

So basically every AAA title is added to this besides Sony's. 

#2228 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1776 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:04 AM

So basically every AAA title is added to this besides Sony's.

Not Just Cause 3 I believe. I'm hoping for that add.

#2229 diplo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   919 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:11 AM

Not Just Cause 3 I believe. I'm hoping for that add.

Right, Sony and Square Enix seems to be the only publishers missing. And they are the two publishers I buy from most lmao dead

Sony (Uncharted, Bloodborne, LBP3) and Square (Just Cause 3, KH3, FF15, Deus Ex) 

#2230 cg8889   Gamer Dad CAGiversary!   970 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:56 AM

Is my reason flawed in thinking this way or is this pretty much doable:

I'm not sure if I want to play ESO but with GCU and the $10 GC, would I be safe to assume that I'd be able to get $40+ around the next 30% or better trade in and break even? If so, be willing to go tomorrow after work and do so and be at the worst with a title that I could use toward reaching Elite.

#2231 Gareee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   500 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:21 AM

I still haven't seen it mentioned anywhere...has anyone seen the Arkham knight version with the season pass included at best buy, or an option to buy the season pass on best buy? We'd kind of like to get our gamers unlocked discount on the season pass.

#2232 x360x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:38 AM

I still haven't seen it mentioned anywhere...has anyone seen the Arkham knight version with the season pass included at best buy, or an option to buy the season pass on best buy? We'd kind of like to get our gamers unlocked discount on the season pass.

I think that is digital only. I remember someone else asked here and I checked on GameStop and amazon and didn't see it.

Bb will def sell the season pass by itself but you won't get the 20% off with gcu. They'll probably have a deal when you buy it and the xbone version like most games have had

#2233 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:07 PM

Best Buy has updated their gaming events page with Arkham Knight midnight openings. It's going to be nice for us west coast folks since they will be doing it at 9pm PST.

#2234 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:27 PM

Best Buy has updated their gaming events page with Arkham Knight midnight openings. It's going to be nice for us west coast folks since they will be doing it at 9pm PST.

Nice! I'm there! Will there be free swag? I pre-ordered the game last night and I was interested in why it said that I could pick it up on the 22nd

#2235 j.t   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   844 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:46 PM

Awesome, good to know here it will be open at 9pm. I've never done a midnight opening before but I check and luckily my preferred BB store is actually doing a midnight opening. Usually its the further bb that does a midnight release but they're both doing it. Can't wait to pick up my Limited Edition BAK. 

Great to see fallout 4 on the list but gonna wait until closer to release date.

#2236 fmwross2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   501 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:27 PM

Is my reason flawed in thinking this way or is this pretty much doable:

I'm not sure if I want to play ESO but with GCU and the $10 GC, would I be safe to assume that I'd be able to get $40+ around the next 30% or better trade in and break even? If so, be willing to go tomorrow after work and do so and be at the worst with a title that I could use toward reaching Elite.

Not really flawed, but that's not 100% how it works.  Typically the first two to three weeks (or more) $60 MSRP titles are $40 base trade in, making them $44 w/ GCU.  When they did the bonus 30% and I traded in Witcher the 30% actually knocked it down a buck to $43 because they lowered the TiV for the 30%.  If you notice, Witcher's base actually increased from $30 last week during the 30% to $35 this week without (it went from $40 to $30 during the 30%).  So, typically even if you hate it you will actually make a few bucks when you factor in RZ stuff.

Alternately, if you want to be extra safe you could preorder it in-store for $5, wait to pick it up until the TiV is shown on BBY's website and figure out if you want to return the preorder or buy the game.

I typically will buy almost everything that comes out with a $10 credit, play it, trade it in, and roll it over to the next one.  Most stuff I trade in, a few I won't.

#2237 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:05 PM

Well the fact that BB, Amazon, Gamestop, and Walmart are all advertising the Harley DLC for preordering (AND Newegg - don't think they've ever had any retailer exclusive DLC) suggests thats going to be a code automatically included in the box for all first run copies, like the Deathstroke pack in Arkham origins. BB's Wayne tech DLC is probably going to be a code that they send in email.

Oh so basically

Xbox One, PS4 or PC

is already going to be included in the box so it doesnt matter if I order it from amazon, BB or gamestop it comes with it automatically in the box? The Wayne Tech DLC from BB is the extra goodie that BB is offering compared to other retailers..how about the 10 dollar reward certificate when I check out Im not seeing it included

#2238 BrodieBruce2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

BrodieBruce2

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:14 PM

The $10 certificate is $10 of reward zone points, there's nothing to add to the cart.

#2239 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:29 PM

Oh I see..and as far as the DLC that it comes with, it comes with BOTH the 4 challenge maps plus the wayne tech DLC..sorry for all the questions just cant decide between buying the game at best buy or amazon so I want to get the most out of the game

#2240 Minkyboi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   185 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Minkyboi

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:36 PM

It is doable, I did this with the Halo MCC preorder bonus.

After this trailer, looks like I know what I'm doing...

#2241 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:01 PM

#2242 imme2007   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   1403 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:19 AM

Going to sell all 3 of my uncharted games tomorrow for $10 to prepare for the NDC, hopefully they add it to the $10 bonus but I'm not holding my breath lol, think that's a good price?

#2243 dino88   Fa Fa Fo Hi CAGiversary!   3304 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:25 AM

Spoiler

If he used to work there, shouldn't he know it's not called Best Buys?

#2244 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:29 AM

After this trailer, looks like I know what I'm doing...

Story pack = challenge map?
This will probably be added to the ps store for $6.99

#2245 Violent_Virtuoso  

Violent_Virtuoso

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:51 PM

NBA 2K16 being a part of this promotion is pretty awesome. Getting 20% off, a $10 reward certificate, 10,000 VC and I get it four days early? Can't ask for a better pre-order deal for such an awesome game. :D

#2246 KudosConan   Procrastinator CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

KudosConan

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:21 PM

Just received ESO from UPS and the box was crushed. The case is broken but luckily the game is fine. I don't know if I want to go through the hassle of exchanging the game for a new one but damage during shipping has been happening a lot recently. Ugh I hope this does not happen to the rest of my orders. End of rant, sorry guys

#2247 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4372 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:24 PM

Just received ESO from UPS and the box was crushed. The case is broken but luckily the game is fine. I don't know if I want to go through the hassle of exchanging the game for a new one but damage during shipping has been happening a lot recently. Ugh I hope this does not happen to the rest of my orders. End of rant, sorry guys

Its a legit rant though; you should be able to call CS on this. I'd be mad if my game came crushed.

#2248 Leftykins  

Leftykins

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:21 PM

Spoiler

If he used to work there, shouldn't he know it's not called Best Buys?

Maybe he meant like multiple Buy Buy locations?

#2249 BonedChaos   If you don't like John Candy you can GTFO CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:24 PM

Looks like Forza 6 and Tomb Raider release dates have been leaked:

http://www.ign.com/a...mpaign=Blogroll

#2250 Minkyboi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   185 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Minkyboi

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:27 PM

Story pack = challenge map?
This will probably be added to the ps store for $6.99

Story pack =/= challenge map
Harley is getting campaign/story content as well

I'm sure the DLC will be added to the online stores eventually but thats usually far after I'm done with games where I'm no longer interested in playing the extra content or feel like paying for it.