10% off any total purchase on PSN Store

comatosekitty

CAGiversary!
As many may have heard or experienced, PSN was down for about 3 days. To make up for this, not only is Playstation automatically adding 5 extra days of PS Plus to anyone who had it before the 25th (when the BS started), but they're also going to be sending EVERY PSN member a 10% off coupon for any total purchase on PSN. So that's 10% off one game or 10% off multiple games if you choose to buy in bulk.

Not a HUGE deal, but still. No details on when or the expiration date of said coupon, or if it can be combined with games already on sale, but that should be announced sometime soon.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum btw.

Official blog announcement: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/01/a-holiday-thank-you/

I'll probably save it for a digital only title like No Man's Sky. Would be surprised to see that on sale at launch.

Thanks OP.

Had no idea about this until this thread. Nice on Sony, wonder if MS has anything in the works.

Been in other thread for hours.
Most people don't spend their holiday off browsing the internet all day....

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if it works on anything, even the themes and avatars, or DLC, i might just get a 50 cent avatar.

i'm saving it (if it doesn't expire within a short limit) for when i buy DOA 5 Last Round.
Is Last Round confirmed for PS4/X1 and are the DLC Chars like Marie Rose gonna be in it? I might try it cuz I skipped out on ultimate.

This discount can be used toward content available on PS Store including blockbuster new releases, award winning indie games, game add-ons and season passes, and an enormous selection of TV and Movies
Think I will do this for some rhythm games with DLC that I don't think will go on sale.

I wonder if it works on anything, even the themes and avatars, or DLC, i might just get a 50 cent avatar.

Is Last Round confirmed for PS4/X1 and are the DLC Chars like Marie Rose gonna be in it? I might try it cuz I skipped out on ultimate.
I'm surprised you haven't heard. DOA5 Last Round is gonna be on PS4 and XboxOne with 2 new exclusibe stages, new hairstyles, new tag intros, 2 new characters free as well as the DLC characters from Ultimate for free AND tons of free DLC costumes. It's $40, still some debate on the cost on the PS store. 1st they said $30 for PS4 digital now everyone says $40. Either way, almost every store has a different preorder bonus so go check them all.

Think I will do this for some rhythm games with DLC that I don't think will go on sale.
I am tempted to use it to get the Dark Souls II Season Pass for $22.50. There's also GTAV's sale...the digital version with the credit card's about $28 on PS3. That'd knock it down to $25.20 or so...but the size of the game's surely going to be murder on my hard drive.

Does this apply to pre orders? Bc I just pre ordered REmake earlier this week.

Might be more worth it if I get a more expensive game instead though

I believe 40 for non accidental plan if you have ps plus. I got the non accidental because I didn't get warranty right away for my ps4. Otherwise I would've gotten the accidental plan. If you purchase one from the playstation store, they'd email you the instructions then go to services list and you'll see the warranty applied to your ps4
Thanks for the info.

I'm surprised you haven't heard. DOA5 Last Round is gonna be on PS4 and XboxOne with 2 new exclusibe stages, new hairstyles, new tag intros, 2 new characters free as well as the DLC characters from Ultimate for free AND tons of free DLC costumes. It's $40, still some debate on the cost on the PS store. 1st they said $30 for PS4 digital now everyone says $40. Either way, almost every store has a different preorder bonus so go check them all.
I think the $30 is going to be for PS3 and Xbox 360 versions which will be digital only. PS4/XBO/PC will be $40 retail or digital. I'm more concern with them splitting the user base even more this time with no cross-play capability. That means the DOA online community will appear to be even smaller than Ultimate. I wish it was like the old days where the game is only on one platform. You want to play this game, you get the only system that has it and all the online community would be in one place.

I mite use it for ps4 minecraft,I been wanting it, there aren't any more update options for it is it?
I heard Minecraft is getting a story mode. And even though microsoft owns minecraft now, the story will still come to ps4. Unsure if it will be a patch or dlc (hopefully free).

I think the $30 is going to be for PS3 and Xbox 360 versions which will be digital only. PS4/XBO/PC will be $40 retail or digital. I'm more concern with them splitting the user base even more this time with no cross-play capability. That means the DOA online community will appear to be even smaller than Ultimate. I wish it was like the old days where the game is only on one platform. You want to play this game, you get the only system that has it and all the online community would be in one place.
When the game was announced, it stated $30 digital for ANY console but now they changed it :/ im not really disappointed with online splitting just cuz it was a disappointment to begin with as many other online fighters are. You get 1 of 4 players online: Try-hards, cheaters, shitty players, or the very rare average/casual players.

Thanks OP, I likely wouldn't have known if you hadn't taken the time to post this thread.

If it works on an entire order, then I'll pick up a ton of PS1/PS2 games I've been eyeing for a while.

So when do we get the 10% code or did they "forget about it"

Officially, all they've said so far is "sometime this month" (January '15) for the 10%-Off code.

I wonder if it'll become available alongside any general store promo.

EDIT: Also looks like my PS+ 5 day extension was automatically applied two days ago on January 7.

I read online that people in the UK got there 10% off codes 

Uhh, so how does one actually use the 10% off during that timeframe? It still sounds a promo code to enter at checkout.

"You can find the code on PlayStation Store and via @PlayStation." Sooo they'll tweet it out as a universal promo code or something?...Oh, one of the comment replies says it'll be posted to the blog.

For the people that didn't read the link 10% off code doesn't  work on pre-orders now

bread's done
Back