* * * * - 31 votes

GameStick $17/$20 (in store/online) at Gamestop

#1171 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5189 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:22 PM

Haven't tried yet.

I'm having a problem with the dock and ethernet. It's all connected properly. Had it working earlier but had to reset the router and now no ethernet at all. Any tips?

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1172 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2227 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:52 PM

When I plug in my wired xbox 360 controller the light ring around the power button blinks green instead of lighting up just the upper left portion of the ring for player 1 indication.  Do I need to do something to sync the controller or is it supposed to work this way?  I have never used this wired controller before so wasn't sure what to expect.

#1173 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   620 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

HappyChick running on GameStick

9aeed60f-74eb-45fe-8b08-f0cb1a176d75.jpg0d2df1e8-7c41-42c3-93cd-b5b2e435a98b.jpg

#1174 BigBizzee   I feel asleep.... CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

BigBizzee

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:06 PM

Definitely check out http://www.happychick.hk/

Has anyone tried this on the Gamestick? i might give it a shot...it runs great on my JXD.

#1175 TheKinggKoopa   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

TheKinggKoopa

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:57 PM

Picture?

v5zolz.jpg

Thanks for the help.. This stays constant during all apps. Anyone else have this issue? 

Posted Image

#1176 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2657 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

Went by my GS today and found another one behind the counter, $16 couldn't pass it up.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1177 sweatysides   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

sweatysides

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:30 PM

Anyone having any luck with the N64 usb controllers?

Im using a N64 to USB dongle and it works perfectly.

#1178 Stimes   Get Some! CAGiversary!   2206 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:46 PM

Has anyone been able to stream the NFL playoffs on anything?

Edit: NM, sportsdevil seems to work.

#1179 Casan0va   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   28 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Casan0va

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:34 AM

Haven't tried yet.

I'm having a problem with the dock and ethernet. It's all connected properly. Had it working earlier but had to reset the router and now no ethernet at all. Any tips?

Do you still see the Ethernet option in settings?

#1180 JuGgAlObOyZ69   rainmaker CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

JuGgAlObOyZ69

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:56 AM

Does anyone actually have a TV that powers the Gamestick by itself, without the USB power? I just got a new Vizio TV for Christmas and even it doesn't power the Gamestick.

#1181 Dukelived   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Dukelived

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:34 AM

Does anyone actually have a TV that powers the Gamestick by itself, without the USB power? I just got a new Vizio TV for Christmas and even it doesn't power the Gamestick.

I have it attached to 3 different TVs including a vizio and it works just fine off usb. Make sure it's the 5v usb. My vizio has 2 usb spots but one doesn't give enough power

#1182 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5189 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:44 AM

Do you still see the Ethernet option in settings?

I didn't after I reset my router. Had to do another reset and finally got it working.

The dock is nice for $5.

Also, I still can't find sports devil at all.

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1183 cheapbastard   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

cheapbastard

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:50 AM

Anyone having trouble accessing the happychick link? Its says "page unavailable". Did they take it down?

#1184 crimsonassassin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

crimsonassassin

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:13 AM

Probably a stupid question but how do I exit the -oid emulators when they are running?  I was running NESoid last night just to see if it was working properly.  I did not have access to any menu buttons as far as I could tell.  So I could not go back to pick another game or to close the program.

#1185 Casan0va   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   28 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Casan0va

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:18 AM

I didn't after I reset my router. Had to do another reset and finally got it working.

The dock is nice for $5.

Also, I still can't find sports devil at all.

https://seo-michael....sdevil-on-xbmc/

#1186 erehwon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3104 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:57 AM

I finally got around to trying this and got it to work fine the first time.  I haven't gotten xbmc set up yet, but I'll get around to it.  I need to see which I like better xbmc or plex.

I'm trying to decide the best method for controlling it.  I was thinking about a ps3 for emulators.  For the rest of the time, I could use my Logitech K400 wireless keyboard with trackpad.  I also have a Logitech harmony remote and a windows remote with a usb ir receiver.   I could use the remote or try to set my logitech harmony remote to work with the ir receiver.  Has anyone tried anything like that? 

I've seen some people mention that the psp emulator works good on this thing.  How well do they work?  I have a backlog of games on the psp to go through and I might try them on my gamestick.  They're mostly RPGs, like the Ys games.  I have most of my collection backed up.

#1187 farmecologist   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   22 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

farmecologist

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:50 PM

I got my Gamestick and dock up and running with the android image.   It is a great little system for the money!

With that being said, the Gamestick isn't nearly as 'couch friendly' as my OUYA is.  This is almost entirely due to the OUYA 'Nostalgia' frontend program.   

http://ouyaforum.com...algia-Zamastyle

The good news is that the author of the app is working on a Play store version.  Who knows when it will become available though...  

Are there any other 'frontend' programs that will work on a stock Android system?   I'm thinking not.

#1188 sweeetja713   Damn you CAG mobile theme! CAGiversary!   2391 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

sweeetja713

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:29 PM

When I plug in my wired xbox 360 controller the light ring around the power button blinks green instead of lighting up just the upper left portion of the ring for player 1 indication. Do I need to do something to sync the controller or is it supposed to work this way? I have never used this wired controller before so wasn't sure what to expect.

My wireless does the same but works fine.

Wondering why I did such a long quote, didn't quote at all, or my post is riddled with typos? 90% of the time I'm on a mobile device and editing and formatting are too time consuming.

TL:  https://www.cheapass...me-have-a-look/

#1189 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1223 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:57 PM

I have it attached to 3 different TVs including a vizio and it works just fine off usb. Make sure it's the 5v usb. My vizio has 2 usb spots but one doesn't give enough power

he was asking about powering via HDMI without using USB.... from a search MHL support, which would have been used to power via HDMI, was not included in the end.

https://playjam.zend...powered-by-MHL-

GodAshram.png

#1190 GohanX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   256 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:21 PM

I actually do have a setup that will send power to the Gamestick, but it's really unreliable. The Gamestick will power on, but it resets frequently.

#1191 davidbix   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

davidbix

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:15 PM

My local GameStop had one left each of the console/controller bundle, dock, and extra controller.

I get home, open the main bundle, and the HDMI stick/console is missing. What the hecking heck. They said they'll process a refund for me but I'd rather have the console.

I looked everywhere around where I opened it, I don't think it just fell out.

What the heck do I do?

#1192 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1223 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:18 PM

My local GameStop had one left each of the console/controller bundle, dock, and extra controller.

I get home, open the main bundle, and the HDMI stick/console is missing. What the hecking heck. They said they'll process a refund for me but I'd rather have the console.

I looked everywhere around where I opened it, I don't think it just fell out.

What the heck do I do?

check IN the controller?? since the controller has a spot to hold the Gamestick, but i guess you already did that... Time to hunt around town for another maybe??

GodAshram.png

#1193 davidbix   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

davidbix

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:34 PM

check IN the controller?? since the controller has a spot to hold the Gamestick, but i guess you already did that... Time to hunt around town for another maybe??

Yup, it's in the top of the controller. THANK YOU! Especially since this isn't explained ANYWHERE IN THE INSTRUCTIONS.

You replied right after I got another local GameStop to agree to send it to the closer store. So if I let them send it and just buy the new one (friend of mine wanted one if I got a second one), did they make an exception for me and would I be taking advantage of them? :)

#1194 jkimrey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1964 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:39 PM

Yeah, it's happened several times already in the thread - can be hard to find when you don't know where to look! :)

Yup, it's in the top of the controller. THANK YOU! Especially since this isn't explained ANYWHERE IN THE INSTRUCTIONS.

You replied right after I got another local GameStop to agree to send it to the closer store. So if I let them send it and just buy the new one (friend of mine wanted one if I got a second one), did they make an exception for me and would I be taking advantage of them? :)

#1195 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5189 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:45 PM

https://seo-michael....sdevil-on-xbmc/

Thank you so much!!

#1196 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1223 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:57 PM

glad i could help. 1st place I checked when i got mine last weekend.

and is it taking advantage if you're still paying for it?

GodAshram.png

#1197 TheKinggKoopa   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

TheKinggKoopa

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:55 AM

v5zolz.jpg

Thanks for the help.. This stays constant during all apps. Anyone else have this issue? 

Problem Solved - this was caused by RAM Booster App

Posted Image

#1198 sweatysides   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

sweatysides

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:12 AM

can anybody suggest an app, off of Play Store or Amazon App Store, that lets me use my USB External Hard-drive (powered via A/C) on Android? for use with the dock? i tried a few and have gotten nowhere.

#1199 davidbix   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

davidbix

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:17 AM

HALP! Re: flashing the CFW.

It...just won't go into recovery. Keep the button down with a fingernail or paperclip as I plug in the USB, let go after the light goes on...and it boots to the stock launcher.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

#1200 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1223 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:17 AM

haven't tried yet, but i used to use stickmount https://play.google....fire.stickmount with previous android devices.... i do know the formatting of the device also matters.... but it's ben a LONG while

GodAshram.png