Unwarranted Negative Feedback?

MasaTFC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
423 (100%)
So I log on and see that I was left negative feedback from a trade that I honest to god can not recall ever happening. I can't find any messages from the person, I never left them feedback for a trade pertaining to the items described. Any chance a mod could get involved and investigate/possibly remove this mark on my rep? I have worked pretty damn hard to keep the rep I have, and for it to be tarnished for no real reason is kind of ridiculous.

So I log on and see that I was left negative feedback from a trade that I honest to god can not recall ever happening. I can't find any messages from the person, I never left them feedback for a trade pertaining to the items described. Any chance a mod could get involved and investigate/possibly remove this mark on my rep? I have worked pretty damn hard to keep the rep I have, and for it to be tarnished for no real reason is kind of ridiculous.
I sent adolescent a PM, waiting for his response...

He said it was not a mistake.
Really.

Well it would be nice if he answered my pm about it so I could have some clarity.

So when I leave him negative for lack of communication am I going get flagged for "retaliatory negative feedback?" Because to be honest, this doesn't make sense. I did not make this trade anytime in the last year that I can recall and always leave feedback after a completed trade (which he does not have from me). As it stands, there is no proof that a game I sent him was in "shit condition" as there was no communication pertaining to that from me. It's unjust and unwarranted.

Edit- I just triple checked my entire inbox (dating back to march 2012) and there is no messages from this user or pertaining to this trade. I would like to know if this is a their word against mine issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really.

Well it would be nice if he answered my pm about it so I could have some clarity.

So when I leave him negative for lack of communication am I going get flagged for "retaliatory negative feedback?" Because to be honest, this doesn't make sense. I did not make this trade anytime in the last year that I can recall and always leave feedback after a completed trade (which he does not have from me). As it stands, there is no proof that a game I sent him was in "shit condition" as there was no communication pertaining to that from me. It's unjust and unwarranted.
Even if, for the sake of argument, this trade occurred a year and a half ago, why should he be given the opportunity to leave feedback after such a long time?
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328246-h-paypal-w-your-ps-ps2-and-psp-games/?p=11593101

• Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:33 PM
  • 360 Viva Pinata $2 - Traded to Masa
^His post history indicates you have done a trade with him around 3/8/14.

I can't remove a negative feedback because you don't recall the transaction taken place. He has confirmed the negative feedback was not a mistake. Do you remember owning the game he said you traded (bugs life)?

You can leave him the negative feedback if he is not communicating with you.

There needs to be a statute of limitations on leaving feedback. If one party is going to wait 9 months, they've lost the right to leave feedback. Especially when they refuse to communicate and resolve the issue.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328246-h-paypal-w-your-ps-ps2-and-psp-games/?p=11593101

• Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:33 PM
  • 360 Viva Pinata $2 - Traded to Masa
^His post history indicates you have done a trade with him around 3/8/14.

I can't remove a negative feedback because you don't recall the transaction taken place. He has confirmed the negative feedback was not a mistake. Do you remember owning the game he said you traded (bugs life)?

You can leave him the negative feedback if he is not communicating with you.
I do not remember owning it. Granted, I have like 600+ games and constantly send things out (not to mention busy with things outside of this site). I can say I do not on the game he traded me.

its whatever, thanks for doing your part. I will certainly leave negative feedback for this.

There needs to be a statute of limitations on leaving feedback. If one party is going to wait 9 months, they've lost the right to leave feedback. Especially when they refuse to communicate and resolve the issue.
This.

Clearly, if the trade was that long ago and they never bothered to contact me about an issue but then will just leave feedback about it, then that's kind of crap. In essence, they never give the opportunity for an individual to correct to the situation (which I certainly would have).

I will ask CheapyD to look into this and see what he has to say. Thanks for the feedback.

This.

Clearly, if the trade was that long ago and they never bothered to contact me about an issue but then will just leave feedback about it, then that's kind of crap. In essence, they never give the opportunity for an individual to correct to the situation (which I certainly would have).
I have invited you into a PM with adolescent.

Masa, can you check your shipping records on PayPal for something in the May timeframe? If there is no record of shipping, that may help your case.

bread's done
Back