Majora's Mask 3D Limited Edition [Canadian Options]

VetraX

CAGiversary!
It was announced a few hours ago.

B6r0O07CUAAUvDa.jpg

Currently available in the United States at GameStop and Amazon.

Nothing yet on Amazon.ca or EBGames.ca. I would put in an order at US Amazon, cheaper than GameStop, and wait to see if one of the former two pick it up.

I have to goto work now, so, can someone maybe update the thread if they hear anything about it being available in Canada? Thanks.

For $49.99 USD (assuming $54.99 here..) it's a pretty cheap LE. As someone who has the First 4 Figures Skull Kid, I'm not dying to pick up the figure. But given the value, if I can easily find one, I'll bite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now shows not available at 8:06 PM

EDIT: showed available for a couple of minutes on 9:37 PM.

Darn. I was about half an hour late on that Amazon.ca availability window. GG, cashinstinct and EvilMario for updating the thread for everyone else!

Nice, sold out within hours of announcement of it's existence. This is why I hate the internet.

lol yeah, just like the MH4U CE last, what, September. It's kinda getting out of hand how fast these things are going OOS right after being announced. I wanna say Nintendo are still underestimating their fan base, but let's be honest, there's a lot of hoarders and scalpers out there these days that can't be overlooked.

I was able to add to cart onJanuary 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM on Amazon.ca ...

Check stock often, there might be other opportunities.

Thanks EvilMario! I was able to get one right now.

EDIT - It's sold out again

I saw it briefly just now as well, but when I tried adding to cart, it took me to the cart page and said my cart was empty   :whistle2:|

EDIT: got off the phone with someone from EB, and they're saying it hasn't been approved in Canada yet, and to pre-order the regular edition instead; they're apparently going to be calling everyone that's pre-ordered afterwards asking if they'd like to upgrade.

It will be available at EB later this week, in very small quantities.  These will be offered first to existing pre-orders.

What the fuck is up with Nintendo LEs. Make more than a couple hundred will you?

PS nice thread OP. This is why I still come here.

It will be available at EB later this week, in very small quantities. These will be offered first to existing pre-orders.
You mean if I order online they will be calling me? Who will exactly? My EBG (downtown Montreal) is always way too busy to call its customers. Even when preorders show up in-store it's my responsibility to look into it otherwise they send it back after three days.

Off topic. Club Nintendo has 3DS card cases back in stock. Including Zelda ones. 400 coins a pop.

You mean if I order online they will be calling me? Who will exactly? My EBG (downtown Montreal) is always way too busy to call its customers. Even when preorders show up in-store it's my responsibility to look into it otherwise they send it back after three days.
If you use EB regularly at all the Platinum Edge card is worth it, if nothing else for that 7 day hold... But it's $15 each year, and they give you a $10 trade-in-credit. So if you have garbage to get rid of it's only $5 a year.

Pre-order in-store. It'll be first come, first serve, according to a few EB I've called, eg. if one store is getting 5, then the first 5 people that pre-ordered the regular edition will be in their queue for the limited edition upgrade. It's fair, I guess, but you know EB, I mean, some stores will get 0 copies, so it wouldn't matter if you're the only pre-order for the smallest/least busy location in town. There's also the matter of some rotten employees hoarding it for themselves. But as far as I'm aware this IS a GameStop/Amazon exclusive (Fry's, too, in the States) and there's always the chance that Nintendo could produce more from now until release - alot of people have been raising their pitchforks on Twitter and Miiverse in the past 24 hours.

As an alternative, EvilMario suggested the F4F Skull Kid, which IMO looks better and is likely made from better material. It's currently sold out, though, but you could always contact them to see when it'll come back into stock.

F4F doesn't restock their old figures. As such Skull Kid only had 2,500 produced. I was able to buy mine for around $150 many years ago, but looking at listings, it appears pricing has skyrocketed into the absurd. F4F are really high quality and highly recommended if you are interesting in buying something from them.

First off, EB finally added Majora's Mask to their pre-orders? Finally.

Second, if you have enough points by the end of the year. You don't have to pay that $15.

Third, I don't know if I want to spend $10 more just to get a statue.

I don't mean to come across as a downer, but I don't believe for a second that any EB employee will call existing pre-order customers to ask about upgrading. The EB stores I frequent have all told me that they NEVER call customers about upgrades or new editions, so it's all up to us. The last EB I called about this edition specifically said they'll be taking in-store orders, so I figure they would have mentioned calling customers about upgrades. I mean, if that's the case, there won't even be a point to trying to order in-store, almost every unit will be gone by the time anyone enters the store.

Sold out in minutes. Super. It wasn't even in their search engine, so refreshing didn't matter; they posted a direct link from their Twitter page lol. Good luck to everyone going out this morning to the EB stores. 

Also, Bestbuy:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchResults.aspx?type=product&page=1&sortBy=relevance&sortDir=desc&query=majora%27s+mask

Product listing page isn't up yet, but it's been on the search for around an hour now.
This.

Might be anyone's last chance to get the LE at regular price. I called BB's CS about it, and they said it will be available, just not until the website is updated. Just keep refreshing every few minutes, I guess. I don't suspect many people are aware that Best Buy in Canada have it listed; their gamerzone twitter handle isn't as up to date as EBs.

BTW, my EB honoured the upgrade queue if you pre-ordered the regular edition early enough. I take back everything bad I've said about them :bow:

EB is sold out again, but Best Buy just got their's up!

EDIT: Futureshop, too!

EDIT: also, please don't fucking hoard. I know it SHOULD come as a no-brainer here to the active members of this community, but for those guests browsing, please don't hoard.

Wow, that must have been some sort of record. Gone in 12 minutes or less. I tried to snag one, but my order didn't go through in time. I'm not really at all upset about it -- I didn't want it all that badly, and now I can save a lot more than the additional $10 the Collector's Edition would have cost me by waiting until the game goes on sale. I know that won't be for some time, but it's a remake and I have plenty to keep me occupied until then!

None at bestbuy, checked futureshop... they had two... added to cart, biggest lag.... and it's in my cart but sold out :p oh wow.

I usually go for LE's when I can, however this one sold out insanely fast!  I personally don't even find the figure to be very appealing, so I won't be going out of my way to find a store to preorder from. I'll have to experience this game for the first time through the standard edition, but good luck to those still on the hunt!

I usually go for LE's when I can, however this one sold out insanely fast! I personally don't even find the figure to be very appealing, so I won't be going out of my way to find a store to preorder from. I'll have to experience this game for the first time through the standard edition, but good luck to those still on the hunt!
Exactly my thought.

I usually go for LE's when I can, however this one sold out insanely fast! I personally don't even find the figure to be very appealing, so I won't be going out of my way to find a store to preorder from. I'll have to experience this game for the first time through the standard edition, but good luck to those still on the hunt!
I even knew beforehand that this was coming yesterday, kept refreshing EB and BB/FS sites maybe 40-50 times throughout the day and still missed it! When I saw it on BB there was stock left but by the time I tried to checkout it was OOS.

Nintendo's on a roll with making really limited copies of Amiibos, GC adapters, and now this. Is this their new strategy to not make money/create artificial demand???

bread's done
Back