GameCube controllers and third party adapters at Play-Asia

SharkSocks

CAGiversary!
Gamecube Adapter for Wii U: ($20) 

http://www.play-asia.com/gamecube-controller-adapter-for-wii-u-pc-usb-paOS-13-49-en-70-8h2n.html

It isn't the official adapter, but it looks like it functions the same way. Mayflash is known to make good stuff, so it looks like a good option if you can't find the official one. Plus it supposedly also works on other games, such as Mario Kart 8. 

Gamecube classic controller adapter: ($14)

http://www.play-asia.com/gc-controller-adapter-for-wiiwii-u-play-asia-com-edition-paOS-13-49-en-70-8aqh.html

This adapter turns your GC controller into a classic controller. Might be good for mario kart or VC games that you'd want to use a GC controller for.

Gamecube smash bros adapter/controller bundle: ($34)

http://www.play-asia.com/controller-adapter-for-wii-u-with-white-gamecube-controller-play-paOS-13-49-en-70-89fx.html (White, Japan exclusive)

http://www.play-asia.com/controller-adapter-for-wii-u-with-black-gamecube-controller-play-paOS-13-49-en-70-89ft.html (Black)

Includes the official Smash-branded controller and gamecube to classic controller adapter.

Standalone Gamecube controllers:

White Smash bros ($27)

Black Smash bros ($27)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mayflash makes pretty good chinese knockoff adapters for stuff. Love my Mayflash Saturn/PS2/Dreamcast to USB adapter.

I'm tempted to buy one of the 4-port adapters... I'm quickly scanning around the interwebz for info. Does this work as great as the official nintendo branded one? (In the lag department)

Yes, it will. It's coming out here March 2nd for $28.

http://www.amazon.com/Battle-Pikachu-Version-Turbo-nintendo-u/dp/B00QXJF5YI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421012302&sr=8-1&keywords=hori+pikachu

I just got the Luigi version and other than the cord looking/feeling kind of cheap it's pretty impressive. Compared to a first party GC controller everything is spot on except for the larger d-pad (which (and the GC one was always too small). The casing itself feels... lighter for lack of a better word. Like it's that less dense plastic that everything uses now but feels solid and not cheap. I hear the actual Smash GC controllers have that same lighter plastic feeling but I haven't gotten hands on with those. The only thing that's a bit of a downside is that the buttons feel a little more clicky than the original GC controller. Like those have a bit of a click to them as well but it's a bit more firm on the Hori. Not a big deal and it may wear in but it's slightly noticeable. It also doesn't have those big analog triggers but digital shoulder buttons in a similar shape (since Classic/Pro controllers sadly don't have analog triggers).

Having Wii remotes already it's more practical than the adapter to me since I can use it for MK8, VC games, etc. and have pre-ordered the Pikachu one for my kid since there isn't a Peach one in the Hori.

gamecube-wii u 3rd party adapter from mayflash is better than the original one because you can use it f or all games like mario 8 kart and stuff unlike nintendo who stupidly made it only for smash.

gamecube-wii u 3rd party adapter from mayflash is better than the original one because you can use it f or all games like mario 8 kart and stuff unlike nintendo who stupidly made it only for smash.
Are you talking about the one that connects 4 controllers via USB or the one that connects to a wii remote?

I wanted to get the Pikachu one, but I would need a 4th to make a set. Are there any others on the horizon, in Japan or other regions by Hori coming out?

Are you talking about the one that connects 4 controllers via USB or the one that connects to a wii remote?
4 via usb, the mayflash imitation of the nintendo one that actually is better than nintendo's by adding functionality to more games...so you can play mario kart 8 or any other game that supports the wii classic controller with the mayflash one unlike the nintendo one only for smash

Mayflash makes two adapters for gamecube conrollers that I can find. A 2 port blue one and the black 4 port. Reviews on the blue 2 port state that it doesn't work on wii u. Why would the black 4 port one be any different? @lso I'm super glad i read the info on this thread about he nintendo adapter only working on ssb.

Mayflash makes two adapters for gamecube conrollers that I can find. A 2 port blue one and the black 4 port. Reviews on the blue 2 port state that it doesn't work on wii u. Why would the black 4 port one be any different? @lso I'm super glad i read the info on this thread about he nintendo adapter only working on ssb.
I believe that black one is new and made specifically for the Wii U where the other one is for the PC. The black one has a switch on the back to switch it from Wii U to PC. More than likely than reverse engineered the official one and merged it with their existing PC one.

I believe that black one is new and made specifically for the Wii U where the other one is for the PC. The black one has a switch on the back to switch it from Wii U to PC. More than likely than reverse engineered the official one and merged it with their existing PC one.
Pretty much. The black one was made for use on the Wii U. They made it once the official was released because people expressed interest in it to them.

Why would the 4 port adapter work on anything but smash? As far as I can tell, it is a clone of the official adapter. Also the thing I worry about is if Nintendo could potentially block it with a system update.

Why would the 4 port adapter work on anything but smash? As far as I can tell, it is a clone of the official adapter. Also the thing I worry about is if Nintendo could potentially block it with a system update.
Unless it allowed an exploit I don't think they would.

bread's done
Back