Favorite Batman movie and why ?

squishface

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Favorite and why ...... Go

Mine is between the Adam West and the Michael Keaton version. It seems to have both the comedy and the dark tones of the dark knight. Plus ol Jack the joker !

Might edit this to add more once I'm off my tablet and on the actual pc site with a keyboard.

Yup, gonna have to go with the Batman movie of the 1960s, and Keaton's Batman. Schumacher's Batman was way too pandering, and Nolan's Batman was way too serious that it got ridiculous. Would I be surprised if Affleck's Batman somehow manages to lie between the two spectrums? Not really, but I don't have many hopes for that either.

Mask of the Phantasm was awesome. I have a cool Mondo poster for that.

In terms of the life action the new Nolan movies are great but I do like the original Keaton the best. I watched the original a few months back and never remembered how Batman would kill people in that movie. He drove the Batmobile into a factory and just dropped bombs and shot missiles destroying the entire building that was full of baddies.

Then in the bell tower Batman is hiding below the rafters and then reaches from below and just pitches a guy over the edge and down a few hundred feet to his death.

Last edited by a moderator:
In terms of the life action the new Nolan movies are great but I do like the original Keaton the best. I watched the original a few months back and never remembered how Batman would kill people in that movie. He drove the Batmobile into a factory and just dropped bombs and shot missiles destroying the entire building that was full of baddies.

Then in the bell tower Bat,am is hiding below the rafters and then reaches from below and just pitches a guy over the edge and down a few hundred feet to his death.
Was going to post this exact same thing. Burton's Batman didn't fuck around when it came to the Joker's henchmen.

Batman Mask of the Phantasm
Yup, this right here. Jokers laugh at the end gives me chills every time. Probably the best Joker laugh ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm_GPkOfVKI

But for live action I'll go with Burton and Keaton. Re-watched it a few months back and it holds up well. So many memorable lines and scenes. Plus it's got the best Batmobile and Alfred. And I was always a fan of Nicholson's Joker. He owned every scene he was in.

Batman & Robin has been the only good Batman movie of the last 20 years. I heard a rumor that Arnold is going to return in the next Batman film. I hope it's true.

Batman & Robin has been the only good Batman movie of the last 20 years. I heard a rumor that Arnold is going to return in the next Batman film. I hope it's true.
fRba1kx.jpg

I wonder if they will ever make an animated version of batman vs bane like they did with the doomsday dvd. Maybe a knight fall DVD?

Probably a tie between Michael Keaton Batman and The Dark Knight.
I'd have to second that, though if we bring animated into the mix, it would have to be:

Dark Knight

Mask Of The Phantasm

Return Of The Joker

Tim Burton's Batman

Heath Ledger just hit it out of the park for his Joker.

Sounds like we got a older crowd with these answers.  I have to say that after all the movies I've seen the Keaton one is still the best. The opening theme is just epic.

People keep saying "The Keaton One", and I know you mean the 1989 film. But Keaton was also in Returns!
I think most everyone is referring to the original Batman, unless they specifically say Returns.

I re-watched Return a couple weeks ago. Hadn't seen it in maybe 20 years so my memory was a little hazy. It wasn't bad, not as good as the first one but better than two that came after. At least it spawned an awesome beat em' up on the SNES.

It wasn't bad, not as good as the first one but better than two that came after. At least it spawned an awesome beat em' up on the SNES.
I don't think Batman Forever was that horrible, but then with Batman and Robin they said lets try to make the most horrible Batman movie possible.

I'm going to have to watch Returns again. I remember it being pretty good, but I haven't seen in probably 15 years. I remember Danny Devito biting someone's nose off, Catwoman electrocuting someone, and a few other points in the movie. I do remember the awesome Beat em up. That was one of my favorite games to rent back in the day.

Renting games - hah. Even just saying that feels like I'm going way way way way back.

I liked Devito's Penguin. Perfect choice at the time. He was like a nasty little monster that you really feared rather than a regal yet frail crime lord.

I just remembered all the violence and sexuality created a parental backlash which made McDonalds pull Happy Meals. I was about 10 at the time of release and I remember being a little shocked at some scenes.

But I think my biggest complaint with Returns is the lack of Batman scenes having to share screen time with Catwoman, Penguin and Christoper Walken.

Theater up the street is going to show 89 Batman mid February. Pretty excited to see it on the big screen.

Rises is probably my favorite. I know it gets a lot of hate, but I really like it. Probably has something to do with Anne Hathaway in her Catwoman outfit. DAT ass.

While Mask of the Phantasm may be the technically superior film, my personal favorite by far is Return of the Joker. I know he has done far worse things in the comics, but what Joker did to Robin in ROTJ was horrific.

http://youtu.be/EGd1BSw767k

I know people call it silly, but I also love SubZero. The character interactions were great, the film felt movie-like despite the condensed setting, and the animation was great. Also, extensive use of the B:TAS Batwing is always a plus.

In terms of live action, my favorite from the first series is probably Batman Forever, believe it or not. Hammy as they were, Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones were great to watch and I like the new Batsuit design.

From the new trilogy, I probably like Begins the most, then Rises. I have never been a big fan of Ledger's Joker and everything after the boat plan felt either rushed or superflurous, especially since it is not followed up very well in Rises.

bread's done
Back