* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals) - Fall Sales in Bloom

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#92611 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6088 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:50 AM

For those who pay attention and stuff to devs/pubs that are quick to discount their games... how often and sale worthy does  KOEI TECMO GAMES go?

They will usually do the big seasonal sale events (winter, summer) plus one or two random sale times throughout the year. They have never been super generous with the discounts though. You're really lucky if you see something 50% off. A discount range of 25-33% is more likely.

If you're asking how long does it take for the base prices to get discounted, I hope you're patient.

#92612 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22797 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:06 PM

I had to have a GTX 1080 to get mine for that price.  Need to offset my expensive GPU ;D

How do you like the GTX 1080, BTW?

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#92613 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   2035 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:24 PM

6fRqmEm.png

Not a bad price.

Also, two freebies on GoG:  

Stronghold HD + A.D. 2044

DM5yBOEVQAAiY_x.jpg

3DJNlRq.png

#92614 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1096 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:58 PM

i realize that this is my fault for not fully reading the listing, but  i just picked up Destiny 2 from BB and found out there was no disc included just the code. i mean, if you're just going to sell the code, can't you just email it to me? don't make me drive out all the way just to pick up a damn box. just email me the code. gimme the code JUST GIVE ME THE FUCKING CODE!!!

#92615 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   4949 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:09 PM

There's probably two listings, one for digital code and one for physical :P

#92616 fastitocalon   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   578 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

fastitocalon

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:19 PM

i realize that this is my fault for not fully reading the listing, but  i just picked up Destiny 2 from BB and found out there was no disc included just the code. i mean, if you're just going to sell the code, can't you just email it to me? don't make me drive out all the way just to pick up a damn box. just email me the code. gimme the code JUST GIVE ME THE FUCKING CODE!!!

I so read that in a Nic Cage voice.  It was awesome!

My Twitch Page ---> https://go.twitch.tv/kelkeen_1980

My Blog ---> http://tinyurl.com/ydbcronp

Twitter #kelkeen

#92617 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   540 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:21 PM

There's probably two listings, one for digital code and one for physical :P

For Windows, there is only 1 Destiny 2 listing and it said "Download Only No Disc Included" on the box picture.

I do think it's stupid to sell an empty box and totally not environmental friendly, a sealed paper envelop will do the same if something is needed for retail.

#92618 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   9976 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:44 PM

I do think it's stupid to sell an empty box and totally not environmental friendly, a sealed paper envelop will do the same if something is needed for retail.

They want it to look the same as all the other boxes so Grandma doesn't get confused when buying Christmas presents for little Stevie.

That's pretty much the entire rationale for clam shells containing an activation key.  The only half-benefit to you and I is that clam shells take up physical space so eventually Best Buy or Walmart or Amazon puts them on clearance to get the boxes out of their store/warehouse. 

#92619 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22797 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:58 PM

PC Gamer - Injustice 2 is PC bound; PC Beta opens tomorrow.

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#92620 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8211 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:05 PM

Gross....PC Fighters

#92621 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22797 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:08 PM

Gross....PC Fighters

Just get your PC gamepad/controller ready. That's all.

It's how I played SF4, SF x Tekken, MK4, MK9, MKXL and Injustice 1.

#92622 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1096 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:18 PM

Just get your PC gamepad/controller ready. That's all.

It's how I played SF4, SF x Tekken, MK4, MK9, MKXL and Injustice 1.

this is how i play fighters

#92623 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22797 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:01 PM

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines [Steam key] is on sale for its typical 75% off at $4.99 deal..on GameStop.

I'm guessing we might see this sale deal pop-up on Steam and maybe GOG, given that it's Halloween and that this game often goes for that during this time of year.

My favorite game of all time, so...yeah, you know, gotta bring it up.

#92624 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22797 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:13 PM

I know we recently weeks ago spoke about headphones and stuff w/ how some older ones have W10 issues in general and/or RealTek issues on W10 w/ not working, so that you might need to configure your settings (pain in the neck, if you can get them going) or just plug them into a DAC (a cheap, but easy hardware solution).

Well, that Syba USB Audio DAC that I mentioned that I use to solve that issue is $6 on NewEgg in a Flash Sale:

https://flash.newegg...NA-_-12-186-035

Works great to get my old PX22 working great on W10 machines.

EDIT:

See Syntax's post below for more info, since NewEgg breaks links here.

#92625 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   9976 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:22 PM

Search item N82E16812186035 at https://flash.newegg.com/ if you're interested.

God, NewEgg has some of the worst merchant website design out there.

#92626 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22797 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

I should also note that I also use the Syba USB DAC on my W10 Tablets, too; especially when not using higher-end headphones to it.

The Intel integrated sound-quality and sound-levels is much worse than the usual RealTek Audio that often comes w/ Windows desktops and laptops, IMHO.

#92627 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4091 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:09 PM

Mad said there wouldn’t be a bundle, and now I’m not at my computer.

Throneoflies.gif

Steams: Wagglesworth       PSN: Taylort210   

#92628 DrR0Ck   Grammar Ass CAGiversary!   1563 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:26 PM

Anyone played the Deus Ex: MD DLC?  In your opinion, is the Season pass worth $7?

#92629 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

PvdQkLV.png

#92630 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22797 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

Anyone played the Deus Ex: MD DLC?  In your opinion, is the Season pass worth $7?

I sure have played the DLC's.

System Rift is good and basically more MD. Took me about 5 hours to get through.

A Criminal Past is great. Like The Outsider from Dishonored who can limit Superpower usage if you choose not to go along w/ his program, now in ACP DLC you can actually limit yourself to not use your suit's mods as Jensen. I would guess this could cause replayability, if you plan to do run-throughs of mods and no mods. If you take on your mods, though - there could be consequences for doing so; both in story and in gameplay stuff. ACP is basically more MD, but with a few cool new twists. Basically, this DLC is to MD what Missing Link was to HR, in terms of quality. I also loved the prison setting, as well - as it also gave me some Riddick: Butcher Bay vibes.

Only thing is this: the story arc from MD base-game doesn't get really finished-up in any of these DLC's. Each DLC gives you an "A-ha" moment as it does ties into it in a small way - but these stories are self-contained, for the most part.

#92631 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6088 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:19 PM

Seeing how I don't even own the base game of Deus Ex MD, I don't have anything to add from personal experience for the Season Pass. But I just took a look at it on steam to check the reviews, and they're fucking brutal. A lot of the reviews seem to center around it not being worth the asking price given the amount of content included though. So perhaps it might be worth it at a discount.

I don't like the idea of it containing items that are consumable though. You use them once on a playthrough, then they're gone forever. Fuck that.

#92632 DrR0Ck   Grammar Ass CAGiversary!   1563 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:22 PM

Not even owning Deus Ex MD base game, I don't have anything to add from personal experience for the Season Pass. But I just took a look at it on steam to check the reviews, and they're fucking brutal. A lot of the reviews seem to center around it not being worth the asking price given the amount of content included. So perhaps it might be worth it at a discount.

I don't like the idea of it contain items that are consumable though. You use them once on a play through, then they're gone forever. Fuck that.

I'm mainly interested in the story DLC.  Don't care about the consumables.  And the SP is 67% off, and you get additional discount via the Deus Ex Collection bundle discount.  So < $7 might be reasonable where $30 was a joke.

#92633 Obiwan-Shenobi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Obiwan-Shenobi

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:17 PM

Galactic Civilizations III Gold bundle for up to 70% off in the Steam Midweek Madness sale. Base game also on sale for 55% off.

#92634 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   3966 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:42 PM

I have Vampire since forever on steam, but never played it. It is worth?

I'm also about 50% into Deus Ex:HR. So, should I keep playing that game... Or start Vampire?

#92635 DrR0Ck   Grammar Ass CAGiversary!   1563 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

Galactic Civilizations III Gold bundle for up to 70% off in the Steam Midweek Madness sale. Base game also on sale for 55% off.

Does "up to" mean "less than"?  Because I'm seeing 66% on the gold bundle.

#92636 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22797 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

I have Vampire since forever on steam, but never played it. It is worth?

I'm also about 50% into Deus Ex:HR. So, should I keep playing that game... Or start Vampire?

Keep playing Deus Ex: HR. Finish up that first. Great game, BTW.

Vampire: Bloodlines is fantastic. My favorite game of all time.

If you like those old-school RPG/action games (in which your stats & skills mattered and dictate how well or poorly you attack and if you can handle dice-rolls) before Mass Effect 2 was the game-changer - you owe it to yourself to play Bloodlines. It reminds of the original Deus Ex in many ways, as you could approach quests in many ways (i.e. enter a vent or somewhere and play stealthy; or go head-on through front-door and attack-crazy; or mix styles; or whatever), even if the final result is the same place. Though, sometimes you also can have different decisions with different outcomes from some quests in Bloodlines, as well.

Also, if you appreciate great storytelling, narrative, Lore, atmosphere, licensed music, traditional-style scored music (from Womb Music), and level design - you definitely should play Bloodlines. Some of my favorite quest-strings and actual levels are in this game. The Haunted House level is one of my favorite game-levels of all time. Not many games and/or levels can get me creepy out, scared, or on edge - but this one did it for me. Also, the whole ordeals w/ the two sisters Therese and Jeannette running the Asylum nightclub is one of my favorite quest-lines/quest-strings of all time; especially w/ the final part of that storyline; fantastic and jaw-dropping.

Make sure you grab one of the Unofficial Patches, whether you pick Wesp's Unofficial Patch or Tessera's True Patch...or else likely the game won't boot up b/c it won't recognize how much RAM you have properly; their patches fix that issue right out-the-gate. If you are doing a first playthrough, I'd recommend either Wesp's Basic version of his Unofficial patch or Tess's True Patch as those basically mostly fix bugs and maybe change a few things. If you want restored content, major changes, and/or anything else - then you should take on Wesp's Plus version of his Unofficial Patch or go find some other mods that are out there.

On Playthrough 1, make sure you don't play as a Malkavian. They have their own lingo and are hard to understand what they mean, unless you already understand the storyline, plot, and whatnot; and played through the game once already. Malkavians are crazy - so they can talk to Stop Signs and other inanimate objects; and also hear voices from out of nowhere. So, yeah - save them for a replay.

In the 1st 2/3rds of the game, if you want a Speech-based character - yeah, you can get through a good deal of that part of the game with little to almost no combat. But, in the last 1/3rd after the big decision-making cab ride - you better have already sunk some points into action-based skills (i.e. melee, guns, etc) b/c the game gets much tougher in the last 1/3rd and is very action-heavy.

Play 'em both. Both Deus Ex: HR and Vampire: Bloodlines are great.

#92637 Treybot   Armchair developer CAGiversary!   1055 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:39 PM

http://www.neogaf.co...d.php?t=1452075

#EviLoreDidNothingWrong

#92638 spoderman  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:46 PM

http://www.neogaf.co...d.php?t=1452075

#EviLoreDidNothingWrong

I love that half the users that posted in that thread got banned, lol

GUtUP1U.jpg

#92639 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6257 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:50 PM

banned

banned

banned

banned

banned.

lmao

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#92640 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   9976 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:42 PM

Make sure you grab one of the Unofficial Patches, whether you pick Wesp's Unofficial Patch or Tessera's True Patch...or else likely the game won't boot up b/c it won't recognize how much RAM you have properly; their patches fix that issue right out-the-gate. If you are doing a first playthrough, I'd recommend either Wesp's Basic version of his Unofficial patch or Tess's True Patch as those basically mostly fix bugs and maybe change a few things. If you want restored content, major changes, and/or anything else - then you should take on Wesp's Plus version of his Unofficial Patch or go find some other mods that are out there.

What kind of nude patches would you recommend?