* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals) - Flurry of Winter Sales in the Forecast

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#92221 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4017 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:25 PM

Do I spend 20 GabenBux on Witchur 3 nao or will it be lower during the Nov sale....WILL IT BE LOWER???? WILL IT????  I DONUT WHANT TO WAIST ME GABENBUX!!!!!!

HAS THE STEAM FALL SALE STARTED YET?????

#92222 fastitocalon   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

fastitocalon

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

Do I spend 20 GabenBux on Witchur 3 nao or will it be lower during the Nov sale....WILL IT BE LOWER???? WILL IT????  I DONUT WHANT TO WAIST ME GABENBUX!!!!!!

You should have bought it at full price since it is the best game of this generation /highhorse

My Twitch Page ---> https://go.twitch.tv/kelkeen_1980

My Blog ---> http://tinyurl.com/ydbcronp

Twitter #kelkeen

#92223 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10221 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

So which has the better story, road redemption or planescape?

Ice Lakes.

Speaking of games that languished for eons in development/Early Access, I guess Overgrowth is officially a game now.  Go get your Watership Down Ninja Fighting on.

#92224 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13548 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:04 PM

Don't you dare buy that filthy commie game. The Witcher is all about paganism and Geralt Hussein Obama fornicating with our women, it completely undermines this nation's Christian values! They don't have guns in the game, see how you have to turn to black magic to defend yourself without a gun? And it's made by CD Projekt RED, you know what RED stands for! Even the books were written by some evil commie named Andrzej Sapourwealthkowski. GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY HORMONES IN OUR BLOOD AND WINE!!!!!!!

alex-jones-shouting-never-for-an-hour-bo

#92225 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6524 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:04 PM

Not going to quote it since I'm on mobile and it's a bit cheaper to edit stuff down... but Warreni makes a he'll of a point.

Remember when Mafia II came out and people bitched about how there was nothing to do in that giant city?

Just no pleasing everyone...

How about just stop making shitty open world games just for the sake of it?  Putting what more or less amounts to linear games inside of an open world is a poor design choice.  Put the game on rails, stop fooling yourselves, and stop spending tens of millions of dollars on wasted art assets. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#92226 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5158 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:10 PM

How about just stop making shitty open world games just for the sake of it?  Putting what more or less amounts to linear games inside of an open world is a poor design choice.  Put the game on rails, stop fooling yourselves, and stop spending tens of millions of dollars on wasted art assets. 

Well, I'm going to refer to my previous comment: devs wouldn't make open-world games if they weren't being told that people want open-world games. Whether you personally want an open-world game is likely to have little impact on that decision-making process. If open-world is what sells, open-world is what you will get. 

1819.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#92227 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4017 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:30 PM

You should have bought it at full price since it is the best game of this generation /highhorse

y0k3Q.gif

#92228 smackattack   Seriously? CAGiversary!   1177 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:45 PM

Tonight we're playing Road Redemption which you maybe bought for $8 back when it was practically vaporware and no one thought it would amount to much.  If you ever dreamed about hitting Bah in the face with a pipe, and who hasn't, then this is your chance to do it while riding a motorcycle.  Doesn't get any better than that. 

If you're following the Killing Floor 2 weeklies, this week is "Tiny Terrors" where the zeds get smaller (once) when damaged which I guess makes them harder to finish off or something.  Unless you're playing Firebug or Demo in which case it's all "Haha, what's this aiming shit you guys are talking about?"  Seven rounds on Suicidal with the reward being a comically small gold-colored truckers cap to perch atop your head.

you going to put it on all your characters to preen in front of all of us who you are not good enough to carry so we can get our own?

#92229 smackattack   Seriously? CAGiversary!   1177 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

Wait what, you of all people have the patience to get to level 20 on alienware? I don't even do that

its probably easier to do then what the tremorbros go through every day.  I found that all you need to do is make a a couple of meaningful replies(not just thanks)  in the News forum.  If you get in on the first page of an active news item the points just roll in.  No need to bother making new threads.  Its might take 2 months,  but you are dropping hardly any time on it day to day.

#92230 indef  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:13 PM

Speaking of KF2, the Halloween update is live.  4.5gb

New map, couple new weapons, kind of a new boss (King Fleshpound), daily objectives, more hats, more ways to buy hats...

#92231 georgebot84   Steamboy CAGiversary!   846 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

georgebot84

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:20 PM

No XP bonus? KF2 is a grind.

Activision can suck a dik.

#92232 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

R.I.P Visceral Games.

DMXQYSZX0AAQHZM.jpg

3DJNlRq.png

#92233 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8049 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:50 PM

Whomever made that image should smack themselves for not having Lands of Lore under Westwood.

#92234 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10221 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:05 PM

No XP bonus? KF2 is a grind.

I haven't noticed it being that bad, at least up to 20.  I think it's more that people play under their level and so barely budge the exp needle.  I always wonder when I join a group of five people on a Normal/Hard match and four of them are level 20-24. 

#92235 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8299 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:26 PM

Was willing to pay full price for Elex...

But holy shit what a clusterfuck.  Bad voice acting, graphics, gameplay, music...the hell happened to the devs.

#92236 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19999 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:29 PM

So what's the verdict again on the Fallout 4 SP?  I figure Witcher III at $20 would probably be the better buy, but I hate RPGs, but not Fallout.  

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#92237 smackattack   Seriously? CAGiversary!   1177 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:31 PM

New map, couple new weapons, kind of a new boss (King Fleshpound), daily objectives, more hats, more ways to buy hats...

King Fleshpound is the nickname Fox's mom gave me.

So can we make this Thursdays Brofist a KF2 night?  I cannot make the regularly scheduled night next tuesday

#92238 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4154 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

Was willing to pay full price for Elex...

But holy shit what a clusterfuck.  Bad voice acting, graphics, gameplay, music...the hell happened to the devs.

Let's see... Gothic series... Risen... Yeah, with that high a pedigree, I can't imagine what went wrong.

Steams: Wagglesworth       PSN: Taylort210   

#92239 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8299 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:39 PM

Let's see... Gothic series... Risen... Yeah, with that high a pedigree, I can't imagine what went wrong.

Except the Gothic games are some of people's favorite games...sooo...

#92240 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19999 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:49 PM

King Fleshpound is the nickname Fox's mom gave me.

So can we make this Thursdays Brofist a KF2 night?  I cannot make the regularly scheduled night next tuesday

You scheduled Marooner so you're free to change that to KF2, but keep KF2 next week as well since I can' t make it this week. FYI Marooners sucks so noone was going to play it anyway. 

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#92241 spoderman  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:51 PM

You scheduled Marooner so you're free to change that to KF2, but keep KF2 next week as well since I can' t make it this week. FYI Marooners sucks so noone was going to play it anyway. 

Marooners got some big update a few months ago. It probably still sucks, but I'm guessing that's why he rescheduled it? GBK liked it lol

GUtUP1U.jpg

#92242 smackattack   Seriously? CAGiversary!   1177 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

Marooners got some big update a few months ago. It probably still sucks, but I'm guessing that's why he rescheduled it? GBK liked it lol

When has a game sucking ever stopped a brofist?  Im sure it wont even be in the bottom 10 of games played.

#92243 Dreamweapon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Dreamweapon

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:46 PM

R.I.P Visceral Games.

DMXQYSZX0AAQHZM.jpg

AFAIC, they've also killed DICE in everything but name...

[edit] LOL, nm, they're actually already listed, under the old logo.

#92244 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23121 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:56 PM

Nice! Now I only need to play the first 3 mass effect games first

If you don't have them, get them! They're all great. Though, ME3 base game's ending(s) does suck. For me, ME2 is still the crowning jewel of the series. While ME1 was great and got things going, its combat was good for a RPG at that time ("meh" by today's standards, though); but too reliant on a mix of stats & RNG/dice-rolls. Combat and questing was amazing in ME2; massively improved. ME3, for the most part's basically...more ME2.

While ME:A is good and severely underrated IMHO...ME:A just doesn't capture the magic of storytelling, characters, dialogue, and all that stuff BioWare branded games are known for. If DAI was your open-world bag and you want more, but with MEA set out in space with nowhere as good on the typical BioWare elements - you'll probably like it. ME:A's combat's fantastic and it's a gorgeous-looking game.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#92245 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1099 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:56 PM

Whomever made that image should smack themselves for not having Lands of Lore under Westwood.

Legend of Kyrandia is what I always think of when I see Westwood. Classic but hard, don't think I ever beat it.

#92246 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5062 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:58 PM

Visceral Games also had missing titles too... I suspect the victims of EA was what they really wanted to get across. Dante's Inferno was another big title.

Anyhow, reading the press release from EA it seems like their Star Wars game was too single player and it lacked season pass/loot box (and open world sidequest) potential.

https://www.polygon....rs-game-delayed

#92247 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8660 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:59 PM

WESTWOOD MADE BLADE RUNNER, YOU UNCULTURED SWINE

#92248 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10221 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

FYI Marooners sucks so noone was going to play it anyway. 

I don't own Marooners but I own SurvHive so we can play that instead.

#92249 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23121 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

So what's the verdict again on the Fallout 4 SP?  I figure Witcher III at $20 would probably be the better buy, but I hate RPGs, but not Fallout.  

Ain't touched much of Season Pass, despite owning it. Namely took on that DLC that gets you the Robot, since I needed another party member to carry my stuff.

Since you usually ain't fond of RPG's/ARPG's normally and you like shooting stuff in a big-huge open-worlds (i.e. Homefront: TR and Far Cry 2-4) - yeah, you'll probably dig Fallout 4. It's more ARPG than RPG, IMHO. It's great, mind you - but a different kind of great. I have over 100 hours w/ that damn game. Combat in FO4 is drastically improved over FO3 and NV, IMHO.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#92250 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10221 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:08 PM

Unless you're big into settlements, Fallout 4 season pass is skippable.  There's only one DLC with sizable content, Far Harbor, and the rest revolve around building settlements aside from the little "make a robot companion" one.  On the other hand, if you are big into settlements then the season pass offers all sorts of toys for that: different new item packs, making a Vault, making raider camps to attack other settlements, etc.

Far Harbor isn't bad but it's only actually good if you take Nick along as none of the other companions have anything unique to say and won't react to what happens.  Long story short, they were only hiring one voice actor back for the DLC so only one companion matters.  It also offers some new settlement bric-a-brac, a new weapon type (radium rifles), and some other stuff.

Biggest issue with the season pass is that someone decided it was worth $50.  If it kept the base price of $30, it might be worth it while on sale.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free