* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals) - Flurry of Winter Sales in the Forecast

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#96661 gameguy2   Banned Banned   12 Posts   Joined 0.0 Years Ago  

gameguy2

Posted Yesterday, 08:04 PM

Who is that?

#96662 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8069 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:19 PM

I had an argument with a local pawn store today. They had a B1G1F sale on used PS3 games and I basically said "Well, that's basically one game TIMES another game which makes 2. Multiply one game times another and you have two copies of the game". The brainwashed employee went along with his regular sheep math he was taught with and never questioned why such a simple concept is lost on people. Safe to say I ended up leaving with nothing since I ended up in such a bad mood.

But it makes you realize that sales and promotions are never the right math and we never question what we were simply taught to accept.

good to know somebody is fighting the good fight to be wrong about math

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#96663 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   9866 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:38 PM

Buying used games at a pawn store... this is why you should never stoop to playing consoles.

#96664 gameguy2   Banned Banned   12 Posts   Joined 0.0 Years Ago  

gameguy2

Posted Yesterday, 08:50 PM

I use Steam, too. But you can't play Uncharted 4 on PC.

'Nuff said.

#96665 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2561 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:59 PM

I had an argument with a local pawn store today. They had a B1G1F sale on used PS3 games and I basically said "Well, that's basically one game TIMES another game which makes 2. Multiply one game times another and you have two copies of the game". The brainwashed employee went along with his regular sheep math he was taught with and never questioned why such a simple concept is lost on people. Safe to say I ended up leaving with nothing since I ended up in such a bad mood.

But it makes you realize that sales and promotions are never the right math and we never question what we were simply taught to accept.

What da Fuck did I just read?

#96666 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23054 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:09 PM

Ahh yeah mysterd you show that turtle who's boss!

giphy.gif

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#96667 gameguy2   Banned Banned   12 Posts   Joined 0.0 Years Ago  

gameguy2

Posted Yesterday, 09:14 PM

It makes you wonder - is a 75% off sale REALLY 75% off? What else have we been lied to or misled about in mathematics?

#96668 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4139 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:35 PM

It makes you wonder - is a 75% off sale REALLY 75% off? What else have we been lied to or misled about in mathematics?

Did ya'll know that laws in some states allow babies to be born from his or her mother's womb in the ninth month? 

Steams: Wagglesworth       PSN: Taylort210   

#96669 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1087 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted Yesterday, 09:35 PM

What is this mythical 75% off I've heard of? All I ever see is 50% if I'm lucky.

#96670 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23054 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:56 PM

What is this mythical 75% off I've heard of? All I ever see is 50% if I'm lucky.

This percentage was popular on Steam early on, before AAA dev's/pub's and Valve/Steam pretty much took over the digital distribution PC industry - basically, back before Steam killed off Stardock's Impulse (which GameStop later bought out).

Also, more pub's like EA decided to put more emphasis on their own clients, these days - i.e. EA w/ Origin; Ubisoft w/ UPlay; Blizzard w/ BNet. Discounts have gotten weaker as PC gaming got more popular again, too.

I also miss the days, few years back, when Amazon DVG was ran by Tony and often matching or topping Steam's prices. They were often both competing against each other for "best prices", back in the golden era of Steam and AmazonTony.

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#96671 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10153 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted Yesterday, 10:30 PM

'Nuff said.

You can use an emulator to play Uncharted 1 four times.  1 x 4 = Uncharted 4.

#96672 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   9866 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:38 PM

'Nuff said.

'Nuff said, indeed.  Who'd want to play that?

#96673 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23054 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:48 PM

'Nuff said, indeed.  Who'd want to play that?

giphy.gif

ADDENDUM:

Oh, and of course I'd like to play on the PC the following: Uncharted 1,2,3 and Lost Legacy.

#96674 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13493 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:36 PM

You can use an emulator to play Uncharted 1 four times.  1 x 4 = Uncharted 4.

Everybody knows that 1 x 4 = 5, you sheep!

#96675 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3012 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted Today, 01:43 AM

These recent posts have really made me reconsider what I thought I knew about math.

jkimrey: Do it man! It's a steam key - one place for all your games. Plus, you gotta catch 'em all.

#96676 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19939 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:29 AM

These recent posts have really made me reconsider what I thought I knew about math.

photo-thumb-207260.jpg?_r=1440192195

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#96677 fastitocalon   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   584 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

fastitocalon

Posted Today, 03:15 AM

Jesus wept.

My Twitch Page ---> https://go.twitch.tv/kelkeen_1980

My Blog ---> http://tinyurl.com/ydbcronp

Twitter #kelkeen

#96678 libcrazenite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

libcrazenite

Posted Today, 03:39 AM

tumblr_inline_p01juijUx91v38rj3_500.gif

24553.png