* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals) Level Up: +1 Disappointment

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#86581 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted Today, 03:57 AM

Not a deal so much as a request for assistance: I'm wanting to get the badge for Doctor Who: The Adventure Games, but I'm missing 6 cards and because the game was delisted, I can't buy them from the market. Does anyone have cards for this game they'd be willing to trade for summer sale cards or other cards? I put feelers out to a couple of my Steam friends but got no response. If you're in a position to help and willing to, shoot me a PM and I'll add you on Steam. Thanks.

If that's the one from the bundlestars bundle I've done nothing with it so I would be more than willing to help.

Edit: It is.  I'm idling it now for you.

#86582 The End   is nigh! CAGiversary!   5928 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:24 AM

Does anyone know if playtime logged in on an alternate account using family sharing counts towards the 2 hour playtime limit for refunds?

#86583 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4465 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:31 AM

Bundlestars has Batman Arkham Knight for $4.74 if you use the RED5 discount code at checkout.

The season pass is the same price too.

CAG and chill to my favourite track ... The Strangest Dream  9timh3.jpg

#86584 spoo   Wood for your sheep CAGiversary!   5159 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:52 AM

I hate this time of year.

Dog has been hiding for about 4 hours because stupid neighbors have to set off a firework every night for a week or so before the 4th and will continue to do so until the fireworks are all sold out (usually August).

Oh... Yeah, steam thread...  Something on topic...

You can pay $3 and get a large Dominos when you redeem a rewards free pizza.

My 5 year-old house dog isn't a hider but an anxiety barker at loud noises and this year has been a nutty summer with fireworks so far.

Back on topic, what is this $3 pizza you speak of?

#86585 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   992 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:10 AM

This may sound dumb, is there any point to the cards? I just sell them all, I usually get common ones but if I actually complete card sets will I get lower prices on future purchases? Or anything useful at all?

As some others have mentioned the only purpose for cards (outside of selling them for free Steam credit) is crafting card sets into badges, which level up your Steam account (higher levels give you more friend slots and profile showcases) and give you profile backgrounds, emoticons and random coupons.  The higher your level the more badges you need to craft to level up.

I fell into that trap a long time ago.

76561198004939693.png

#86586 weretable   evil furniture CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted Today, 10:09 AM

Just when you think you've seen everything another Twin Peaks episode comes out.  So.  That was something.

:shock:

#86587 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   21987 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:47 AM

Just when you think you've seen everything another Twin Peaks episode comes out.  So.  That was something.

Oh, yeah - TP S3 Episode 8 was way out there.

Spoiler

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#86588 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   21987 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:51 AM

Watch Dogs 2 PC: UPlay version on sale at 59% off on Gamersgate.

Gamersgate UK - 16.40 pounds (around $21 USD) - https://uk.gamersgat...-2-EMEA-RELEASE

It's noted that this version's supposed to be region-locked to Europea, Africa, and Oceania.

Gamersgate USA - $24.60 - https://www.gamersga...-2-NA--RELEASE/

It's noted that this version's supposed to be region-locked United States, Canada, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands U.S.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#86589 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2374 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:59 AM

Oh, yeah - TP S3 Episode 8 was way out there.

Spoiler

I never watched Twin Peaks when it originally aired, though I was mildly aware of it. Since then, a lot of media that I like is referenced as having a 'Twin Peaks vibe' (e.g. Alan Wake, Deadly Premonition, Life is Strange). Since there is the new show out, I figured now was the time to check out the original on Netflix.

I was bored to tears. I've re-watched 90's era shows, even 80's era, and enjoyed them, but this seems so dated. I guess I just missed the boat on that one. Can you get anything out of the new show if you don't know the old one?

#86590 Treybot   What a save! CAGiversary!   880 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:23 PM

No, you should definitely watch the original series and FWWM first.

#86591 IAmTheCheapestFox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19176 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestFox

Posted Today, 12:30 PM

Gamersgate UK - 16.40 pounds (around $21 USD) - https://uk.gamersgat...-2-EMEA-RELEASE

It's noted that this version's supposed to be region-locked to Europea, Africa, and Oceania.

It's noted that this version's supposed to be region-locked United States, Canada, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands U.S.

Not bad.  Uplay versions of Wildlands are also pretty cheap (Base game $36).

Too bad I have now set a $40 total budget for Watch Dogs 2 + Yeti mic.  Goodwill better come through on that Yeti. 

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#86592 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5274 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:52 PM

No, you should definitely watch the original series and FWWM first.

Being uninitiated into the Twin Peaks fan club, what the Fuck is that acronym?

XBL: Z 5aber

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber

Uplay: Z-Saber

Origin: Z_Saber_64

Battle.net BattleTag: Zsaber#11913

PSN: Zsaber64

#86593 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11002 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted Today, 12:55 PM

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

But yeah, I hate fanbase acronyms, and that made me use way too many brain cells to recall before I had my first coffee of the day.

#86594 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   9204 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted Today, 12:57 PM

Fire Walk With Me, the Twin Peaks movie.

Having never seen it, I couldn't tell you if it's "Hey fire, come walk with me" or "Come fire-walking with me" like hip yuppies used to do in the 90s to show how open they were to new experiences.

#86595 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   7599 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:37 PM

My 5 year-old house dog isn't a hider but an anxiety barker at loud noises and this year has been a nutty summer with fireworks so far.

Back on topic, what is this $3 pizza you speak of?

Piece of the Pie rewards.

After you spend $10 or more 6 times you can get a free 2 topping medium.  But you can make it a large for $3.  It shows up as a link to click on the order details page before you submit the order.

#86596 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   5891 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:39 PM

I never watched Twin Peaks when it originally aired, though I was mildly aware of it. Since then, a lot of media that I like is referenced as having a 'Twin Peaks vibe' (e.g. Alan Wake, Deadly Premonition, Life is Strange). Since there is the new show out, I figured now was the time to check out the original on Netflix.

I was bored to tears. I've re-watched 90's era shows, even 80's era, and enjoyed them, but this seems so dated. I guess I just missed the boat on that one. Can you get anything out of the new show if you don't know the old one?

No. Even being a fan of the old series having only seen in about 7 years ago, this new one makes no sense to me up to episode 7.

It's definitely more Lynch-Like than the original, imo

#86597 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   3436 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:43 PM

I was a big fan back in the day.  Tried to watch the Original Series on Netflix before the new season came out...Man, I dunno...pretty painful.  

I probably will watch the new season, but sometimes you just can't go back......

#86598 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1037 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:50 PM

so, does anyone know if uplay will ban you for using a vpn like steam does? asking for me, cuz i'm cheap...

#86599 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   9204 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted Today, 02:12 PM

so, does anyone know if uplay will ban you for using a vpn like steam does? asking for me, cuz i'm cheap...

I don't think so but, remembering back to when everyone was buying Far Cry 4 and AC: Unity from India, people were reporting that they had to use a VPN each time they launched the game, not just to activate the key.  On the other hand, I didn't hear anything about people getting banned.

#86600 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   5891 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:28 PM

Fire Walk With Me, the Twin Peaks movie.

Having never seen it, I couldn't tell you if it's "Hey fire, come walk with me" or "Come fire-walking with me" like hip yuppies used to do in the 90s to show how open they were to new experiences.

It's something Laura says. Movie is really dark and disturbing. It's a prequel that consists of the last week Laura's life and being tortured. It's decent if you can handle the subject material but there's nothing upbeat or happy about it at all, whereas the series had a lot of light hearted moments.

#86601 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   311 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:41 PM

IMO, you can enjoy new Twin Peaks without seeing any of the old stuff. Just know that you'll be lost regardless of what you know from the previous stuff.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend the show. TV has gotten so good over the years, that, new or old, Twin Peaks doesn't hold up to current stuff.

I will say that there's still nothing quite like it out there, so the show still has value, but I made a list of 20 shows that aired just in the past year I'd recommend over Twin Peaks.

Leftovers

Affair

Legion

exorcist

stranger things

Handmaid's tale

American Horror Story

American Gods

OA

Gilmore Girls

Good Place

Big Little Lies

13 reasons why

master of none

night of

baskets

I love dick

santa clarita diet

attack on titan

one missippi

#86602 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   3785 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted Today, 02:45 PM

It's something Laura says. Movie is really dark and disturbing. It's a prequel that consists of the last week Laura's life and being tortured. It's decent if you can handle the subject material but there's nothing upbeat or happy about it at all, whereas the series had a lot of light hearted moments.

Nor should there be anything upbeat or happy about it considering Laura's life and what's going to happen to her (and by whom). FWWM is in direct opposition to the show in terms of tone for a reason. The entire series (including the new one) is constantly using duality to serve a dramatic purpose. There's a dark polar opposition to the light/good. Even the town in the opening half hour of FWWM is a complete opposite to the town of Twin Peaks. 

Last night's episode was incredible. It's ballsy as hell to propel the current storyline only about an inch and devote an entire hour to backstory told with barely any dialogue using just visuals and noise.

#86603 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2013 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:01 PM

So all the games I went to buy last night I found out had already been bundled so I went and bought a bunch of bundles instead. After going down that rabbit hole I realized I had a whole bunch of unredeemed duplicate keys. 

Here you go 

The First Templar - Steam Special Edition
M6LHX-F4QBR-IFQ2C

Shadowgate (2014)
YWTB3-2WFNB-HT7RZ

Northmark: Hour of the Wolf
NV9HR-9BJMK-WGIYX

Fortix 2
9XVCE-NMTCR-B26DV

Inquisitor Deluxe Edition
7MFMZ-TI2D3-46447

SkyDrift
B88GZ-IJ6V4-WR8R7

Crimsonland
CWIL3-YL5T4-WT0BQ

#86604 Motiv   Deuterium CAGiversary!   2195 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:08 PM

So all the games I went to buy last night I found out had already been bundled so I went and bought a bunch of bundles instead. After going down that rabbit hole I realized I had a whole bunch of unredeemed duplicate keys. 

Here you go 

Northmark: Hour of the Wolf
NV9HR-9BJMK-WGIYX

Thanks Asmith906!

PSN: Deuterium

#86605 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   5490 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:14 PM

Man, I am only halfway through the original series as of a week ago.  I needed a break so I stopped and have been watching anime lately instead.  The new episodes are piling up on the DVR though.  I saw parts 1&2 and they were great.  We haven't had new, modern Lynch for so long. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#86606 Baltore  

Posted Today, 03:21 PM

Bloodbath Kavakuz or something:

39XW4-JBMKK-CKYL3

Invasion:

JJT83-KT6WA-RZZAE

Spakanyo USSR thing:

467EX-0I3BA-CFIV6

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free