* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals) Prepare for Disappointment

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#52321 ygoloib  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:23 PM

Anyone want to wine & dine me on my cag anniversary

Wu Tang is for the children

#52322 synnarc   Lord of the VRAM CAGiversary!   1534 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:30 PM

Does anyone know where I can score a deal for Battlelore Command? http://store.steampo....com/app/348400

Also - Hi everyone! Haven't been around in a while. Anything new? Anyone get more VRAM?

#52323 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:43 PM

I'm really torn on this.  I feel like I'm really not in to Borderlands at this point because I don't play it with anyone but that is pretty cheap.

Yea, this is how I felt, but for $4.80 of what is basically card money and a TF2 item, I could do a lot worse. It should provide a few hours of entertainment at least.

#52324 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8300 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:59 PM

if you arent into borderlands i wouldnt buy it. goty edition might come out at some point; at the very least this deal will repeat or even be cheaper

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#52325 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10474 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:03 PM

I know that you're "supposed" to play BL multiplayer but I found the first two entertaining enough for a go-through single player and assume TPS will be as well.

#52326 spoderman  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:05 PM

Has Desura given up the ghost for good? The site is now offline.

Indie Royale is still up and working, though.

It's hard to say. It's temporarily down sometimes and comes back up, if it stays like this for a few days I guess you'll know the answer.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#52327 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5180 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:13 PM

i just dinged 30. uplay name is shrin3rr . so if could carry me to full yellows it'd be appreciated. kthxbye

Ha, I need yellows myself... They don't drop very often at all. Make sure you do the hard dailies. The challenging is something I skip... Though the one with the Riker's leader as the end boss is far easier than the rest. Hunt PvE in DZ01 and DZ02 also.

#52328 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4342 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:28 PM

Ha, I need yellows myself... They don't drop very often at all. Make sure you do the hard dailies. The challenging is something I skip... Though the one with the Riker's leader as the end boss is far easier than the rest. Hunt PvE in DZ01 and DZ02 also.

Pardon my ignorance, but why DZ01 and DZ02? Are they more likely to produce yellow drops?

StudentofTruth.png

#52329 drakesvg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   220 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:34 PM

Key Drop  .....Desura

HIB3A-AGXNG-ZS3ZD-BUT1W-S53V2

HIB3B-64HK2-OXC3X-J5GW8-8TQ6A

Origin

878Q-JC7P-EW4B-M4F6-B4AL

Steam!

QRNQD-HPN9K-DJGZN

Posted Image

#52330 spoderman  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:53 PM

Free Blockstorm if anyone doesn't own it yet

https://woobox.com/ezetrb

5 minute cooldown, not a guaranteed win, but worth it to keep trying cuz it's a fun game.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#52331 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5180 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:04 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but why DZ01 and DZ02? Are they more likely to produce yellow drops?

All DZ has a better chance than the campaign areas but the father you go north the better the chance... and not just drops but the chance to get your ass handed to you. Only go north in a party.

Also you can level your characters DZ rank quicker in the lower DZ areas... It's just more efficient.

#52332 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5241 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:17 PM

http://steamcommunit...914320804423010

I hope you didn't have Hero Siege emoticons!

#52333 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   929 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:30 PM

http://steamcommunit...914320804423010

I hope you didn't have Hero Siege emoticons!

If I had bought or traded for Hero Siege emoticons, I would be upset and therefore I can understand why the forum is giving an ear full to the developers.   Considering that there is market value with emoticons, having them removed and not usable any longer is not only a shitty move but I wonder about if there could be legal recourse? i.e. I bought the demonsheep emoticon, now cannot use it, what is the next move?

#52334 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5241 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:39 PM

18.38 - M̱̱᷉i̱̱͚̱̚s̱̞̱ṯ̱̓e̱͏̱ṟ̫̱Glitch: » New Post on FreeGamesOnSteam: Love is Blind: Mutants: https://gleam.io/5II...tional-giveaway http://redd.it/4b3qua

#52335 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:42 PM

Besides the fact that was a completely dumbass thing for the Hero Siege dev to do, it's rather unnerving that Valve just lets developers delete emoticons (and I assume backgrounds and cards as well) that have already been published and people have paid for.

steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#52336 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5052 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:48 PM

18.38 - M̱̱᷉i̱̱͚̱̚s̱̞̱ṯ̱̓e̱͏̱ṟ̫̱Glitch: » New Post on FreeGamesOnSteam: Love is Blind: Mutants: https://gleam.io/5II...tional-giveaway http://redd.it/4b3qua

thanks.. it becomes my 998th game..

Now to find a worthy title for 999th and 1000th  :-k

#52337 Pengy99  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:55 PM

Ended when I was half way through the stupid steps.

#52338 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23566 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:04 PM

thanks.. it becomes my 998th game..

Now to find a worthy title for 999th and 1000th  :-k

Bad Rats and Fowl Space. 

;)

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#52339 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4342 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:11 PM

All DZ has a better chance than the campaign areas but the father you go north the better the chance... and not just drops but the chance to get your ass handed to you. Only go north in a party.

Also you can level your characters DZ rank quicker in the lower DZ areas... It's just more efficient.

Thanks for the reply, but I was more meaning why DZ01 and DZ02 and not the higher level DZ areas (like if those lower level areas were known to drop yellow stuff). I have played about 25 hours so far, all with the same group which has helped a lot in the Dark Zone. It's good to have support when I decide to go rogue

StudentofTruth.png

#52340 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   929 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:27 PM

Besides the fact that was a completely dumbass thing for the Hero Siege dev to do, it's rather unnerving that Valve just lets developers delete emoticons (and I assume backgrounds and cards as well) that have already been published and people have paid for.

I saw your post on the steam thread and agree.  I am concerned that Steam allowed this as I really believe that there should be recourse for those people that paid and then had their property deleted/inactivated.  While I believe that the developer is the party responsible for the action, I have issue that Steam allowed it and thus seems to further devalue customers in general.  For instance, why not cash everyone out that had the items being deleted or just stop further ones being created/distributed.  Is there really any need to inactivate the items to where they could not be utilized anymore.  What if you really liked using your demonsheep emoticon (which you paid for) and then could not use it anymore.  I could understand if the said item(s) were deemed offensive/discriminatory shortly after release, but again, customers should then be reimbursed.

Yes, I know we are just talking emoticons about this game, but it represents an abuse of power.  I am done with yammering about it here.  I just needed to vent.

#52341 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5611 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:20 PM

It took me a few read-throughs to realize that he didn't delete them and replace them in a way that kept them in your collection. I couldn't figure out why everyone was so upset with emoticons that looked basically like the old ones.

This wouldn't be the first bone-headed move the developer has made. The game Hero Siege is fantastic and gets good support -- but he's definitely done things that have upset the player base. The good news is that those changes were usually reversed after feedback. I'm guessing that something will be done to make it right.

#52342 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:27 PM

I don't know if he can this time. I guess you can only have one set of emoticons live so even if he rolls back to the old ones, if that is even doable, then people who bought the new ones would have those rendered useless.
steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#52343 Modest Package  

Modest Package

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:32 PM

Just gift all the DLC to all owners of the base game. A fine solution.

#52344 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   929 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 07:19 PM

or gift the emoticons to everyone

#52345 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4213 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 08:21 PM

I know that you're "supposed" to play BL multiplayer but I found the first two entertaining enough for a go-through single player 

Donald-Sutherland.jpg

P.S. I agree wit you...I play wit myself also....in game...eh, u kno wut I meen!!!!

#52346 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5241 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:07 PM

Far Cry Primal seems to work quite well with GTX 970 @ 1920x1200. Pretty much smooth 60fps and looks nice. I remember reading complaints around release.

#52347 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8707 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:32 PM

Not only that, this sets a dangerous precedent: What happens to backgrounds, emoticons, cards and badges for games that get delisted due to licensing issues? Will those get removed when a big company decides to yank their game because they won't want to pay the licensing anymore? (cough CODEMASTERS cough ACTIBLIZZARD cough)

#52348 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:40 PM

Far Cry Primal seems to work quite well with GTX 970 @ 1920x1200. Pretty much smooth 60fps and looks nice. I remember reading complaints around release.

Yep, concurring on this. It runs super slick for me even on the highest settings. I've been a little bored with the game, but technologically its pretty strong. Also on a 970.

#52349 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:46 PM

Not only that, this sets a dangerous precedent: What happens to backgrounds, emoticons, cards and badges for games that get delisted due to licensing issues? Will those get removed when a big company decides to yank their game because they won't want to pay the licensing anymore? (cough CODEMASTERS cough ACTIBLIZZARD cough)

As far as I can tell, nothing happens to marketplace items when a game gets delisted. The owner of the game would have to go in and separately delete those items as the Hero Siege developer did. However the fact that it is even to be able to be done is a huge oversight on Valve's part.

In the comments, he states that he wrote to Valve and asked them to change his emoticons and they told him the following:

*Edit: Apparently it's just a canned message you get when you try to modify an existing asset, as someone on his forum called him out on pretending he contacted Valve :-P but the intent is the same that they really don't want people messing around with existing market assets.

Unfortunately, once a trading card set has been published on the market, assets cannot be changed because doing so would cause serious issues for users who have already earned them. Apologies, and thank you for your understanding.

So clearly they understand that this is undesirable behavior toward the existing owners of those items for obvious reasons.

Now logic would dictate that if it's bad to change the existing items it's equally bad or worse to be able to delete them, but this is Valve we are talking about and they never quite think shit through before they create systems or make changes.

*Edit2: Apparently the old emoticons like this one are still on the market but if you buy them you can't use them and just waste your money.

Someone on the forums said he just bought one and got nothing in his inventory.

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#52350 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8707 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:52 PM

As far as I can tell, nothing happens to marketplace items when a game gets delisted. The owner of the game would have to go in and separately delete those items as the Hero Siege developer did. However the fact that it is even to be able to be done is a huge oversight on Valve's part.

In the comments, he states that he wrote to Valve and asked them to change his emoticons and they told him the following:

So clearly they understand that this is undesirable behavior toward the existing owners of those items for obvious reasons.

Now logic would dictate that if it's bad to change the existing items it's equally bad or worse to be able to delete them, but this is Valve we are talking about and they never quite think shit through before they create systems or make changes.

But they HAVE to be able to change the artwork. Icons and other artwork have to be changeable in case of copyright issues (like someone using a photo they don't have permission to use), or maybe they got new artwork and want to update it, and it won't affect anyone's existing inventory.

Hell, I REMEMBER seeing that some companies changed some emoticons a few times because they got new artwork.

This makes no sense and the dev is a goddamn moron.