* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals) Prepare for Disappointment

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#101251 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4217 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:59 AM

Say what you want about fakeybro-ing, but at least it's an ethos.

As opposed to the nihilism that Mooby espouses?

#101252 weretable   GO HOGS GO! CAGiversary!   576 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted Today, 04:03 AM

As Steam sales have became worse Arkansas baseball has become better.  I now have to hope for terrible discounts on everything I want to buy for the foreseeable future.  

#101253 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4487 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:13 AM

I noticed 5-6 indie games that I absolutely know I owned--and played on Steam and nowhere else--but when I went to the pages I didn't own them. All older indie titles from past bundles. I'm thinking either the keys were revoked because of a dispute with the bundle handler, or the devs re-released the games with new depots and removed the old ones. Shitty either way.

Which games?

#101254 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8708 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:54 AM

The only game I can think of that did something like that was Level 22: Gary's Misadventures. The dev just upped a new version of the game and old owners got screwed.

#101255 spoo   Wood for your sheep CAGiversary!   5187 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:03 AM

I would spend more on this Steam sale if I was able to upgrade my four year old Fuck  ing GTX960 for a reasonable price.

#101256 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4487 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:09 AM

The only game I can think of that did something like that was Level 22: Gary's Misadventures. The dev just upped a new version of the game and old owners got screwed.

Not anymore.  Owners of the old version got the new version automatically over two years ago.

#101257 Pengy99  

Posted Today, 05:27 AM

G2A has it for just over $2, but I've always read that sites like that are insanely shady.

G2A is shady but in this case I would assume people are selling Humble keys and just go for it. They are "seller might give you a key that gets revoked" shady not "steal your CC and go on a shopping trip" shady.

#101258 seandc02  

seandc02

Posted Today, 05:31 AM

I would spend more on this Steam sale if I was able to upgrade my four year old Fuck  ing GTX960 for a reasonable price.

Apparently my computer only has intergrated graphics and doesnt even have a proper graphics card.

#101259 seandc02  

seandc02

Posted Today, 05:33 AM

G2A is shady but in this case I would assume people are selling Humble keys and just go for it. They are "seller might give you a key that gets revoked" shady not "steal your CC and go on a shopping trip" shady.

I bought a yooka laylee key from them last week and am currently dealing With a paypal claim due to the key being revoked.

#101260 Camthur  

Posted Today, 08:00 AM

I'd like to take this time to complain:

1.  Saliens game sucks, hand numb, now running script

2.  Bethesda is crazy if they think I'm paying that for Fallout 4 dlc.

3.  Next Humble Monthly reveal:  July 6.  End of Summer Sale:  July 5.  boooooo

4.  34 percent off some 5 year old game nobody wants or most people have is some kind of sick joke.

5.  Hey Valve, you STILL haven't put a followed games link on newer wish list page?  Too busy designing awful alien game I guess.

#101261 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2586 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted Today, 10:53 AM

oh well in that case sign me up

#101262 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23567 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:10 PM

Do you have the 2GB or 4GB version?

These days, a lot of AAA titles want at least 2-3GB of VRAM (i.e. see Res Evil 2 Remake; AC Unity and newer; Fallout 4; GR Wildlands; Mafia 3; etc etc)  - so, if you have 4GB on the 960, you might be okay. Mind you, it won't get the best performance at 1080p if you max stuff out, but at least you'll have the needed VRAM buffer. You should get 30fps+ on most titles (at Medium or better).

Also, I've seen 6GB GTX 1060's around $200-240 online - so yeah, keep your eyes peeled, if you're looking for one of those. Of course, 1070's and above still been quite pricey.

EDIT:

Apparently my computer only has intergrated graphics and doesnt even have a proper graphics card.

Yeah, video cards are very important these days.

Do you have a laptop or desktop?

If it's a desktop - do you have a PCI-E slot and a decent power supply in there (i.e. 300w or more)? If so, then you could get a solid video card. You're not going to have a decent PC gaming experience w/ AAA titles, if you don't have some kind of solid video card these days. Most modern games seem to want at least 2GB 660's and some even recommend 3GB cards. The upcoming RE2 Remake wants a 2GB 760 for a minimum, so I wouldn't be surprised to see more games asking for mid-range 700 series and above.

If you can't change a lower power supply (i.e. propriety crap, limited room, don't want to change, don't want to deal out more $ for another part, and/or whatever) - look in the GTX 1050 card range. Your best bet might be a 4GB 1050 Ti for a band-aid (to get well over the usual 2GB VRAM requirement and to get something that does 1080p gaming decently); seen those for around $120 (B-stocks) to $160 (new).

Otherwise, of course, I'd always recommend something like the 6GB GTX 1060 (i.e. $200-240)  or better, if you want to dish out more $ and you already have a good system. I have the 6GB 1060 mobile in my gaming laptop and my main gaming desktop has a GTX 970 - and those cards run 1080p @ 60fps or better at High or above on most modern games. If you have a better monitor and whatnot - you could always push to 1440p w/ Medium if need be for 30fps+ performance (often what I do w/ the GTX 970), if you aren't always about having 60fps.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#101263 Camthur  

Posted Today, 01:07 PM

How to know when you have a game collecting problem;

You own Just Cause 1

You own Just Cause 2

You've never played either or even installed them.

You see Just Cause 3 on sale and think "hey, maybe I should buy that".

I swear, if they had a Hoarders, Steam Edition, I think some of us could be on that show.