* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals) Prepare for Disappointment

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#101311 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5057 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:09 AM

I’ll sell my hybrid cooled 1080 right when 1100 come out.

but yours is still top of the line though.  Historically, Nvidia's next gen is usually 15-25% faster than current gen.  They don't want to bump too much performance because milking us incrementally =  more $$

#101312 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5057 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:11 AM

The fact that you have to buy 'insurance' to make sure the key you get works should be enough to stay away.

Can it be said for Squaretrade and all the Ebay junks then?

#101313 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11155 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted Today, 03:42 AM

The fact that you have to buy 'insurance' to make sure the key you get works should be enough to stay away.

Yep. I think the only time I bought anything from them was when they tried to do bundles for a short while, and inexplicably managed to put Superhot in a cheap bundle while it was still selling  pretty well. 

You know, I don't think I've even played Superhot yet. 

#101314 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8242 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:25 AM

Just noticed this.

If you bought Groupees Remute's Futuristic Space Dream Bundle, keys have been added for RŌA.

However, the dev decided to be a dick and put a 6 week redemption window on the keys.  Should have about 4 weeks left.

#101315 weretable   GO HOGS GO! CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted Today, 06:30 AM

Groupees still exists?  How?

#101316 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1727 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:34 AM

None of the hardware you describe is old enough to have problems running those games. My first guess would be video driver issues but random blue screens could also be the ssd, ram, mobo dying (I've had mobo ram sockets go bad). Checking the cpu, ssd and gpu temps while idle, web surfing and gaming would be a good first start. Try samsung's ssd magician software to check that angle. If not that, an unstable power supply is next on the list.

Does that MSI vid card come with a turbo boost switch on it? I have an 8gb version but don't remember if it does. A problem with the RX 480s was they pulled too much power from the pcie bus on the mobo. I had no end of random problems with a sapphire card that had a factory turbo mode and base mode that was controlled by a switch on the card. Originally I thought it was the older known cranky motherboard as the main problem. Dropped the clocks to normal speed via that switch and the card was stable after that. Also some newer vid cards have a switch on them for uefi bios or non uefi based motherboards.

Good advice. I ran the Samsung software and my ssd is fine. Have a corsair 800w ps since I used to have about 5 hds connected so I doubt thats the problem. I'll try the ram sticks individually and check for that switch on the video card.

#101317 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10333 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:17 PM

You know, I had a revelation last night.  I should only buy games I intend to play.  Weird notion, right?

I think there's something wrong with me.

Sleed neep.

#101318 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10099 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:27 PM

You know, I had a revelation last night.  I should only buy games I intend to play.  Weird notion, right?

I think there's something wrong with me.

Welcome to the club.  Although, the truly elite VIP section is for: games you intend to play but probably won't end up in a Humble Bundle.

#101319 lakers714  

Posted Today, 06:50 PM

So I missed out on the last Yakuza 0 Preorder Sale from Voido it seems they have some promo code that knocks it down to $13.12 I know it's not the $11.xx price from before

https://www.voidu.co...eluxe-edition-3

Promo Code is STEELSERIES for 19% off 

Posted Image

#101320 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3154 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted Today, 07:02 PM

As much as I enjoy the Yakuza series, for it to start out as $20, it'll be dirt cheap in no time. Sega drops their PC prices faster than the street ladies of Colfax Ave drop her panties.

jkimrey: Do it man! It's a steam key - one place for all your games. Plus, you gotta catch 'em all.

#101321 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8242 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:21 PM

As much as I enjoy the Yakuza series, for it to start out as $20, it'll be dirt cheap in no time. Sega drops their PC prices faster than the street ladies of Colfax Ave drop her panties.

Can I get a comparison to something I'd understand?  Like Tebow's mom's panties?  Or is that where she works?

#101322 lakers714  

Posted Today, 07:50 PM

Yeah but this one series I always wanted on PC and for me it's a day one purchase and it helps its Cheap at $20 already 

Posted Image

#101323 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2590 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted Today, 07:53 PM

Yeah but this one series I always wanted on PC and for me it's a day one purchase and it helps its Cheap at $20 already 

It also helps encourage them to continue doing PC ports.

#101324 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5183 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted Today, 07:55 PM

Sometimes you have to support stuff with your wallet. Don't let anyone shame you if this is one of those times. :)

#101325 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8303 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:04 PM

So I'm sure pretty much everybody has these, but if you like stealth games an somehow haven't played any of the Thief series, Thief Gold and Thief: The Metal Age are 97 cents each and Thief: Deadly Shadows is 98 cents. I actually just started playing Deadly Shadows today, so I'm not sure how good it is, but Thief 1/2 are some of the best and most influential stealth games of all time. They came out in the late 90s, so yeah, graphics are a bit out of date, but it's not a hindrance to enjoying the games imo, and the gameplay more than holds up. 

So yeah, if you don't have those, then buy them, if you do have them but haven't played them and like stealth at all then try them out.

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#101326 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23574 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:17 PM

Thief series is great, for the most part.

If you like stealth, original two are awesome. Missions are great, but you must play stealthy  or forget it.

Deadly Shadows is also great, but a bit different. It's more of an open-world game with good-to-great missions, story & lore.

Thief 2014 tries to do the Deadly Shadows formula, but w/ more moderizations - i.e. Highlight items, Arkham X-ray detective mode stuff, one hit knockout key, etc etc...which you can shut off/turn off each and every one, in custom difficulty mode to suit your play-style.

Thief 2014 is good, but isn't as great as the other 3 games. Namely, the missions were often good, but not great. Also, I think they should've fleshed more out on the "Erin will kill vs. Garrett normally doesn't kill" story & philosophies; and fleshed their characters out more.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#101327 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8712 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:21 PM

So I'm sure pretty much everybody has these, but if you like stealth games an somehow haven't played any of the Thief series, Thief Gold and Thief: The Metal Age are 97 cents each and Thief: Deadly Shadows is 98 cents. I actually just started playing Deadly Shadows today, so I'm not sure how good it is, but Thief 1/2 are some of the best and most influential stealth games of all time. They came out in the late 90s, so yeah, graphics are a bit out of date, but it's not a hindrance to enjoying the games imo, and the gameplay more than holds up. 

So yeah, if you don't have those, then buy them, if you do have them but haven't played them and like stealth at all then try them out.

And you can get them for cheaper if you already own the newest Thief game.

https://store.steamp...ief_Collection/

#101328 lakers714  

Posted Today, 08:23 PM

It also helps encourage them to continue doing PC ports.

^^^ This, I want them to end up bringing the rest of them and see that PC is a big market also for their niche titles( Persona Series), which they have seen with Bayonetta and Vanquish

Posted Image

#101329 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1544 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted Today, 09:09 PM

I'll pre order yakuza 0 to show my support. Already had kiwami 1. They really need to bring kiwami 2 also. I'd buy that along with Y6 and future ports whether they are y3, y5, etc

red3ds.gifg27-gaming-wheels-images.pngg27-gaming-wheels-images.png

#101330 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3154 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted Today, 09:28 PM

I'm obviously not trying to shame anyone and I fully intend to buy Yakuza 0 (and any other Yakuza games they want to bring over) but only if they're good ports.

jkimrey: Do it man! It's a steam key - one place for all your games. Plus, you gotta catch 'em all.

#101331 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20257 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:08 PM

I'm obviously not trying to shame anyone and I fully intend to buy Yakuza 0 (and any other Yakuza games they want to bring over) but only if they're good ports.

I only paid like $11 for it and I don't mind supporting even if it's a shit port.  It's supposed to be a great game and I want more devs to port over to PC and I have nothing but respect for MY platform and will throw $11 their way to show my support.  

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#101332 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5057 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:40 PM

Thief WAS a great series for its time but the series aged terribly.  I would say try Dishonored.  It's basically the better Thief spiritual successor

#101333 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2590 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted Today, 10:45 PM

also Thief is cool until you run into the supernatural enemies and then all of them go to shit

#101334 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8303 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 11:06 PM

Thief WAS a great series for its time but the series aged terribly.  I would say try Dishonored.  It's basically the better Thief spiritual successor

I don't know, to me they're pretty different. Obviously Dishonored has roots in Thief but they're pretty different games imo. Thief is pretty much solely about stealth, it's hard to fight more than one enemy at a time and stay alive, whereas with all the abilities in Dishonored you can choose to just fight everything and it's fine. 

Personally I think it holds up fine, I played Thief Gold for the first time like 3-4 years ago and it was one of my favorite games I played that year. 

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#101335 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23574 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 11:10 PM

Thief series might be dated and whatnot by today's standards (especially in graphics department) - but you'll for sure get a stealth experience out of it. You really can't play those games any other way.

Dishonored series can be played stealthy, like a psychotic killer, or a mixture of both - your ending (whether it's "choatic" or not) in Dishonored 1 & 2 is going to matter, based on how stealthy and smarty you play them with who you kill (or not). Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, not so much - as you can play any way you see fit b/c that system isn't there to get different endings; different endings there aren't based on how stealthy you play (or not).

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.