* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals) Summer Sales are Starting

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#99271 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Just some guy CAGiversary!   1229 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:27 PM

I don't know if I ever had Cheez-Whiz.

Easy Cheese is good though.  They used to have a cream cheese flavor that was good.  Put that shit on Chicken in a Biskit...

Props.

#99272 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8233 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:58 PM

New page!

No more free likes!

#99273 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Just some guy CAGiversary!   1229 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:12 AM

New page!

No more free likes!

What in tarnation?!

Not for me, pardner. Keep them likes a-comin'.

#99274 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10088 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:45 AM

Oh, also forgot:

#99275 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   583 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:01 AM

Tangentially related: I still can't believe that the developer that's worked almost entirely on a single run-and-gun FPS series over the last two decades also managed to put out The Talos Principle. I mean, that's the entirety of their résumé since 2001: Serious Sam, Serious Sam, Serious Sam, Serious Sam... eh, let's shake things up and put out one of the best puzzle games in ages.... OK, back to Serious Sam. It's kind of amazing.

#99276 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8294 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:38 AM

I would never play that 2deep4u hipster-trash.

N-e-wayz, to respond generally to the thread... I get that some people here fakey-bro cutting edge games with D1P's (day one purchases) and want ultra graphics for their pedestrian rinse and repeat tower-scaling-outpost-clearing clones but by the time I play those games it's a year or two (or more) after release.

I am developing a game called Pedestrian Rinse and Repeat Tower-Scaling-Outpost-Clearing CloneTM, please don't use this phrase again or I will have to ask Cheapy to redact your posts. 

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#99277 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13772 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:15 AM

I am developing a game called Pedestrian Rinse and Repeat Tower-Scaling-Outpost-Clearing CloneTM, please don't use this phrase again or I will have to ask Cheapy to redact your posts. 

You need to add the year to the title and then mildly improve the graphics and update the roster with each new release, so that fakeybros and console kids will have to buy the absolute latest edition. Also make the older edition not work and ideally close the servers for anyone on that trash "legacy" software. Or even do it in parts, 1 for each quarter, don't even optimize it for anything below a 2080Ti GDDR8. That'll show people who don't waste money being the first in their nerd niche to own the newest most bestest piece of tech, for whatever purpose it serves anyone who doesn't review tech/games for a living.

What, you haven't tried SpaceX VR Alpha on Elon Musk's 3D contact lens currently in development as of 2 hours ago yet? What a loser!

#99278 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8294 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:57 AM

You need to add the year to the title and then mildly improve the graphics and update the roster with each new release, so that fakeybros and console kids will have to buy the absolute latest edition. Also make the older edition not work and ideally close the servers for anyone on that trash "legacy" software. Or even do it in parts, 1 for each quarter, don't even optimize it for anything below a 2080Ti GDDR8. That'll show people who don't waste money being the first in their nerd niche to own the newest most bestest piece of tech, for whatever purpose it serves anyone who doesn't review tech/games for a living.

What, you haven't tried SpaceX VR Alpha on Elon Musk's 3D contact lens currently in development as of 2 hours ago yet? What a loser!

don't tell me how to make my game. this is my masterpiece. my magnum opus. i am only making it once, and it will be the most middle of the road, forgettable yet fairly enjoyable, filled to the brim with repetitive content game you'll have ever played. it'll make mooby forget all about watch dongs and far derp 5. that said there will be microtransactions and loot boxes.

also, i tried playing a couple games today and was lukewarm on pretty much all of them, here are some mini reviews:

call of cthulhu: deep corners of the earth - as a horror game this game is actually creepy af, good atmosphere, the townsfolk have the ugliest character models of all time (this is intentional) and that alone is unsettling. that said the save points are few and far between, the character control is not always responsive and there are several scripted sequences that involve platforming and it makes for a frustrating time as a result. when you're just walking around doing whatever it's not bad but when you get caught in a loop where you die and play the same sequence a bunch of times it gets old. i put it down after a few hours, but might get back to it in a week or so. i'd say it's worth a shot. there is an unofficial patch for it i installed that is apparently pretty essential as the game is reportedly quite buggy, 6.75/10

kerbal space program - this game seemed way more in depth than i was in the mood to get so i quit in like 5 minutes

far cry 1 - i played it for five minutes, died, realized i have like 3 other newer far cry games that i haven't played yet so quit

the forest - i'm not one for the idea of survival games, but this one sells itself as a horror survival mashup which at least piqued my interest. i played it for a good while and actually was enjoying it, i was on the 4th day and had built myself a nice little shack and was getting ready to take on more of the story mission when i died for the 2nd time (the first time you die you're drug to a cave where you escape, the 2nd time is permanent), i had somehow forgotten to save my game after the 1st day and lost like an hour and a half of chopping down trees and building stuff so rage quit. this is another game i'll probably get back to eventually after the frustration of losing that progress lessens, 7.25/10

knock knock - it's okay at first but gets pretty repetitive and boring pretty fast, quit after about 1/2 hour, 5/10

invisible inc - the last game i tried today, liked it a good bit. difficult tactical stealth game, a lot of fun. highly recommend it, 8.25/10

So everybody can get a grasp on my rating scale, the game I'm developing will be like a 7/10 or so but IGN will give it like an 8.7

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#99279 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23554 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:51 AM

far cry 1 - i played it for five minutes, died, realized i have like 3 other newer far cry games that i haven't played yet so quit

I suggest you stick w/ that one actually.

This game is NOT like the other games in the series. Crytek themselves developed Far Cry 1 PC version. Regardless, Ubi ended up w/ the IP and then Crytek went to do their spiritual successor Crysis which EA published.

While FC1 in its SP campaign does have huge open-areas for shootouts, the game itself is quite linear - in which these days, those kind of linear FPS's seem to be getting more and more rare here with time. And it uses checkpoint saves, too - which can make the game difficult at times. Part of the game you're taking down humans to get to the island...and then once there, you find monsters all over the island to battle.

Crysis is very similar, as half that game you fight humans and then the other half you battle mostly aliens - even though you have an awesome power-suit and can do all kinds of cool stuff (cloak, super-jump, super-strength, etc).

All the other FC games (i.e. Far Cry 2 and newer) are open-world games from Ubi's studios. While I have not played FC5, Far Cry 3 was great. FC4, did not finish - but it's more FC3 basically; doesn't reinvent the wheel. Haven't played Primal either. FC2 was good, but I thought it was disappointing - tons of cut & paste side-quests everywhere like AC1.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#99280 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23554 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:57 AM

Legendary [Steam key] is 15 cents on Gamersgate:

https://www.gamersga...NDARY/legendary

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#99281 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3100 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:09 PM

Got my Battletech key today.. but no Steam pre-load apparently.  :(

#99282 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8233 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:14 PM

kerbal space program - this game seemed way more in depth than i was in the mood to get so i quit in like 5 minutes

I've done this on way too many games...

I always think "I'll go back to it tomorrow, when I feel like thinking" but...

Spoiler

#99283 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10461 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:42 PM

"Trying to work rocket physics in my head is fun, but not as much fun as shooting a bear with a rocket launcher."

#99284 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10088 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:04 PM

Far Cry 1 is arguably the best Far Cry. Invisible, Inc. is a great example of how you can make a fairly straightforward pick-up-and-play strategy game while still having some good tactical depth.

#99285 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:02 PM

Another random old indie game bundle acquisition impressions. This one was Desktop Dungeons.

Honestly to start with this feels like a mobile port, which it likely is. It has it where you choose a race and a class at the start of a dungeon and maybe starting equipment. You then go through, getting levels, casting abilities/spells and healing as you go leveling a bit at a time in a 1 screen dungeon. It's meant for quick playing, but it feels very shallow. It is a rouge like, so expect to lose a lot.

Wow, very shallow? definitely not. Mobile port? nope. The game is pretty brilliant and an overlooked gem. I do admit though that when they made this version the game lost something. I think it's that they over complicated it a bit and it lost some of its simplicity. Of course maybe I'm wrong since you found the game to be shallow.

Here's the original version for free if anybody wants to try out this great game: http://www.desktopdungeons.net/media/

#99286 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2571 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:41 PM

Far Cry 1 would be my favorite if not for the sci-fi turn it takes later on. The early bits are great.

#99287 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8554 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:15 PM

Maybe I was a bit harsh about the shallow comment about Desktop Dungeons. I hated the sometimes feeling I need to keep using that spell to get 50% bonus exp to hopefully be leveled enough to take out the boss of the dungeon. I did feel the classes didn't feel that special and were just some perks. I also deeply disliked the healing on a move to new areas, cause that could screw you out if it you can't find much at first in a dungeon and are pretty much denied healing later because you couldn't find more guys to level up on. Just wasn't for me, and felt kind of meh overall and extremely grindy. Honestly that simpler version looks kind of nice in a way.

#99288 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   761 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:10 PM

should i suck it up and face the fact degica games will never be bundled and just buy some dang shmups

#99289 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1144 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:59 AM

speaking of which i was messing around with mame stuff today and tried the Deathsmiles rom. i'm no expert but it seemed to play fine. so if ya know, ya wanna play some "shoot them ups" wink wink, nudge nudge.

#99290 Reds303  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:11 AM

the forest -  (the first time you die you're drug to a cave where you escape, the 2nd time is permanent), i had somehow forgotten to save my game after the 1st day and lost like an hour and a half of chopping down trees and building stuff so rage quit. this is another game i'll probably get back to eventually after the frustration of losing that progress lessens, 7.25/10

If you play a multiplayer game you can die as many times as you wish and you only have to go back to where you died to pick up your backpack (and die again since its probably still crawling with cannibals). You also won't lose your progress as far as bases and other stuff built.

#99291 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8294 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:21 AM

If you play a multiplayer game you can die as many times as you wish and you only have to go back to where you died to pick up your backpack (and die again since its probably still crawling with cannibals). You also won't lose your progress as far as bases and other stuff built.

ahh, gotcha. 

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#99292 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Just some guy CAGiversary!   1229 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:53 PM

should i suck it up and face the fact degica games will never be bundled and just buy some dang shmups

__/¯\(ツ)/¯\__

#99293 KeeperOfWind  

KeeperOfWind

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:01 PM

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullets is an alright game.
Reminds me a lot of Phantasy Star Universe games but makes me wish co-op online was active or at least had the same type of setup where you can run dungeons over and over.

If they ever do a second game base on GGO hopefully we will see more dungeons.

Online is pretty empty on pc too so I can't try any of the online modes. 

Highly recommend picking up the game if you can find it under $20 and loved PSO/PSU.

zNmz5OX.jpg

#99294 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4051 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:23 PM

I only played Phantasy Star IV on the mega drive...

#99295 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8233 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:26 PM

I only played Phantasy Star III... and I am forever a pariah on the internet because I thought it was entertaining. 

#99296 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Just some guy CAGiversary!   1229 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:48 PM

I only played Phantasy Star III... and I am forever a pariah on the internet because I thought it was entertaining. 

You're no longer welcome here.

#99297 fore1337   exquisite diet of hot dogs and coke. CAGiversary!   744 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

fore1337

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:52 PM

PS4 Pro 1TB $320 @ Target (HAVE TO USE RETARDED CART WHEEL APP)
For less than (or around) the cost of a GPU Upgrade, you can get a PS4 Pro!

Great deal on a PS4 Pro at Target via Cartwheel. Definitely considering pulling the trigger...

https://slickdeals.n...6#post114635371

thinking about:
RDR & Last of Us Remastered. haven't thought about ps4 for so long...

76561197970519780.png

#99298 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1182 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:11 AM

*Any price is far too high to play exclusive games we really really want to play but can't because they're not on pc.

So we just incessantly whine instead.

And then if by some miracle of the gods they do end up on steam we won't buy them anyway because they're too much money and will just wait for a bundle.

* - life according to mysterd

#99299 KeeperOfWind  

KeeperOfWind

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:14 AM

Great deal on a PS4 Pro at Target via Cartwheel. Definitely considering pulling the trigger...

thinking about:

My wall didn't keep out the console owners.
CAG PC gaming community I have failed you. 

zNmz5OX.jpg

#99300 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6890 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:18 AM

thinking about:

I did this three weeks ago.  God of War is already in the pantheon of best games of all-time.  It's that good.  95 metacritic caught my attention.  Game wasn't on my radar and I'm not even a GoW fan.  Looks incredible in 4K HDR too. 

best $291 I have ever spent. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free