* * * * * 68 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#47971 ShadowEX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:43 PM

I had fun with Max Payne 1 and 2. So the gameplay mechanics didn't bother me much in Alan Wake. Even beat it on the hardest difficulty which is not as challenging. I did tend to die often around the middle of the game. For me, I knew well when I first played Alan Wake that I was expecting a heavily story-driven game. Enjoyed the narrative like what they did with both Max Payne games.

While the game was good for the most part, I agree with everyone that it gets repetitive and drags to the 2nd half with a bad ending. It still left me wanting a sequel, so they can improve on it. Quantum Break will (hopefully) satisfy for the moment.

76561197975124831.png

#47972 FoxyPie   Better Than You CAGiversary!   15872 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:51 PM

That 4000 keyboard is on sale at Best Buy for the weekend.  $20.99

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

Upcoming events include:  Descent Underground, Spintires, Dirt Rally, Zombie Army Trilogy

#47973 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   6369 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted Today, 02:11 PM

I saw COD: Ghosts on clearance at Target today for $13.  I sat and looked at it for awhile and realized I don't know if Ghosts is old or new or good or bad or what the hell is a good price for it anyway.  I am not very good at this clearance shopping thing.

As I recall from my kid, Ghosts sorta sucked.  Gameplay-wise, shortly after it came out a lot of players went back to the previous game (MW3?  BO?) because the game play was better.  I don't play COD myself so I can't give details, I just remember seeing him playing the old game and him saying "Yeah, no one really plays Ghosts any more.  It's not as good and everyone already has their unlocks in this game so why bother playing it?"

So, you know, there's your second-hand review of a game by a 16 year old.

#47974 FoxyPie   Better Than You CAGiversary!   15872 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:20 PM

Newegg has the Cougar Attack Cherry Blue Mech Keyboard for $49.99 and the Cherry Black for $44.99.  apparently Black doesn't go on sale often.  Didn't even know they had black keys.  Not backlit and normal looking, unlike their other ones.  I was disappoint by that. 

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

Upcoming events include:  Descent Underground, Spintires, Dirt Rally, Zombie Army Trilogy

#47975 synnarc   Lord of the VRAM CAGiversary!   1409 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:28 PM

If you guys want a good read than I highly recommend Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. As a gamer and a geek from the 80's, I nerded out the entire book. It's easily the book I had the most fun with while reading and probably my overall favorite book ever.

Back to being on topic briefly - I picked up Lightning Returns from the SE sale. I was hoping to get the Dragon Quest game but $45 is way more than I want to pay. Someone find me a deal! I'm itching to backlog it.

871970.png

#47976 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   14453 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:34 PM

Yeah same. I wanted Dragon Quest Heroes but not $45 want, even the console version has gone way cheaper than that on a sale, so I can keep waiting.

2969.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#47977 FoxyPie   Better Than You CAGiversary!   15872 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:36 PM

Speaking of consoles, Cowboom is having a console flash day with deals rotating all day.  $199.99 PS4s, $239.99 XB1s.  Not sure what the price on Wii Us is.  Waiting for one of those to pop up so I can see. 

#47978 AdmiralGialHackbar  

AdmiralGialHackbar

Posted Today, 04:20 PM

when did this become the consoletard thread?

#47979 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   3174 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted Today, 04:44 PM

If you guys want a good read than I highly recommend Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. As a gamer and a geek from the 80's, I nerded out the entire book. It's easily the book I had the most fun with while reading and probably my overall favorite book ever.

I can second the recommendation. Not my all time favorite but way up there. I was shocked at how much I liked it.

#47980 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7249 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:49 PM

I can second the recommendation. Not my all time favorite but way up there. I was shocked at how much I liked it.

I third the recommendation. It's probably my favorite book of all time, but it's not the most technically sound book in the universe. It's tons of fun to read though, especially if you're a fan of 80s/90s pop culture and video game/geek culture. 

752200.png
76561198023514531.png

#47981 The End   is nigh! CAGiversary!   5387 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:03 PM

Damn, the sale is over. I forgot to take advantage of all those great deals.

#47982 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   15261 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:09 PM

Free Dead6hot

GUtUP1U.jpg

#47983 Vooyah  

Posted Today, 06:10 PM

Thank gawd that Steam sale is over. Bought 6 more games at 9:57 pst just before sale ended. Must have bought 20 during that sale. Steam trading cards paid for most of it, but I probably contributed $40 on top of that. By far the most active I have been during a sale. REALLY glad it's over.

#47984 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5152 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:12 PM

aaaand done.

76561197971332172.png

#47985 madjoki  

Posted Today, 06:13 PM

03WMQ-L6PG8-6I58K
RQ4YJ-CA3DW-XGPSP
VSNCI-JI5U0-VKWD8
WXXJV-COXPT-93OLI
KST7D-EWZPU-GZE65

ROT (in hell) 13 times.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free