* * * * * 83 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#51121 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5658 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:04 PM

Late night broing report: Other than that early server outage The Division was pretty solid.  YBX and I had a good time running around New York and doing some pleasantly challenging missions.

You others should have joined us.

Probably should have...  but I just want to enjoy the story at this point. 

After they got the servers back online I had only one discount..  That was in 7 hours of play.  Also it check pointed me right back into the side mission I was doing.  I was rather impressed.   I wasn't expecting that for a silly ole side mission.

Very solid.

#51122 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20978 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:20 PM

After they got the servers back online I had only one discount..  That was in 7 hours of play.  Also it check pointed me right back into the side mission I was doing.  I was rather impressed.   I wasn't expecting that for a silly ole side mission.

Very solid.

I played like 10 minutes of it.  I was pleasantly surprised by the intro sequence and fact it was so different from the beta.  Didn't make me feel like I'd been there done that.  Will say the difficulty has spike since the beta, but the beta was a little too easy.  

#51123 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5658 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:12 PM

I played like 10 minutes of it.  I was pleasantly surprised by the intro sequence and fact it was so different from the beta.  Didn't make me feel like I'd been there done that.  Will say the difficulty has spike since the beta, but the beta was a little too easy.  

Very much so...  Its easy to run around a corner heading to the next side mission and run headlong into a named enemy and his party of 5. (That will have you scrambling like crazy to survive.)

I'm also pleasantly surprised by the story...  Its not Shakespeare but its pretty solid for a video game.  But by far my the biggest pleasant surprise is just how much to do in the game...  I've finished the areas that basically comprise of the beta plus two areas. I'm level 12 and have 9 hours played.

I did manage to play two missions out of order...  It didn't much matter but the intel unlock was like file 2 and then file 1.

Really happy so far. :D

#51124 BonedChaos   If you don't like John Candy you can GTFO CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:35 PM

Little off topic, but just wanted to mention that Gigabyte is having some major issues with there motherboard prices and are having a lot of price mistakes on Amazon and other websites.

I was able to get a 1151 socket board for $14 bucks and bought a bulk pack of 10 1150 boards for $85. Nice if any of you are looking for a new budget board for cheap. They keep popping up, so keep an eye on it.

https://www.reddit.c...ldapcsales/new/

a.JPG

#51125 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20978 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:53 PM

Little off topic, but just wanted to mention that Gigabyte is having some major issues with there motherboard prices and are having a lot of price mistakes on Amazon.

I was able to get a 1151 socket board for $14 bucks and bought a bulk pack of 10 1150 boards for $85. Nice if any of you are looking for a new budget board for cheap. They keep popping up, so keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the heads up.  Might see if something pops up for my brother.  I think the bulk packs will end up being just 1.  I've read reviews from some bulk pack listings where people just got one. 

#51126 BonedChaos   If you don't like John Candy you can GTFO CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:57 PM

I think the bulk packs will end up being just 1.  I've read reviews from some bulk pack listings where people just got one. 

Mine shipped and the weight says almost 15lbs on UPS tracking. Don't think one board weighs 15lbs, so I think I scored on that.

#51127 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9511 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:01 PM

Played 2 games of Sentinels of the Multiverse yesterday. This was quite fun and I have the physical copy as well so I know what to expect if I ever play it.

The graphics and UI are sometimes slow and not as intuitive. I had a card where when the thing it was attached to did damage you raise or lower the damage. It was so clunky to get the +1/-1 choose for all energy types. This isn't that clean like say the Small World UI where everything is relatively easy to choose and do.

There are lots of powers and the decks are prebuilt so it's easy to get in and play. I do feel that eventually you will want expansions and the $19.99 Season Pass packs at least 2 mini decks and 2 major expansion packs. The gameplay is intuitive and straightforward and is easy to pick up and the tutorial is alright.

It might be a bit simple for some cause these heroes don't level up but just use cards/powers/equipment. It's fun though and I like when you get your team going helping each other out to take out not only the main bad guys stuff but the environment as well. I can see this becoming one of my play in 30 minutes type games and I will be seeking out a discount on the season pass.

#51128 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5658 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:14 PM

Little off topic, but just wanted to mention that Gigabyte is having some major issues with there motherboard prices and are having a lot of price mistakes on Amazon.

That's really not off topic at all...  The hardware thread is a ghost town so its just better to post here anyways. :)

As Foxy said, thanks for the heads up. :)

#51129 RubMySweatyThighsPls  

RubMySweatyThighsPls

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:52 PM

Just started playing the Division and it seems to me but it has horrible character customization options there is only like 15 or 16 faces, low amount of haircuts. Would not surprise me to see Ubisoft end up selling face options and haircuts, etc as DLC 

#51130 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5348 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:53 PM

http://www.mmogames....-wars-giveaway/

Free game

#51131 AdmiralGialHackbar  

AdmiralGialHackbar

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:11 PM

arent all MMO's FTP by now?

edit - as you could all guess my favorite MMO's are SWTOR and Battlefront 2015!

#51132 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5348 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:19 PM

http://www.mmoreview...ccess-giveaway/

Same game, better site

#51133 ShadowEX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:21 PM

Just saw that one.  Couldn't do anything on the other website.

#51134 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:25 PM

Just started playing the Division and it seems to me but it has horrible character customization options there is only like 15 or 16 faces, low amount of haircuts. Would not surprise me to see Ubisoft end up selling face options and haircuts, etc as DLC

u playing on pc?

#51135 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20978 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:43 PM

Mine shipped and the weight says almost 15lbs on UPS tracking. Don't think one board weighs 15lbs, so I think I scored on that.

Ooh, that's good to hear.

#51136 RubMySweatyThighsPls  

RubMySweatyThighsPls

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:45 PM

u playing on pc?

Yes, best looking platform to play it on haha 

#51137 Garrion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   209 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:49 PM

Looks like Day of the Tentacle Remastered will be out on March 22nd.  If you've never played it and like point-n-clicks or funny things at all, do yourself a favor and at least add this to the wishlist; it's a classic.  Pre-order is up now at GOG if that's your thing:

http://www.gog.com/g...acle_remastered

Hopefully there will be a Steam version, because I need my +1's.

#51138 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:01 PM

Yes, best looking platform to play it on haha 

add me then, i am looking for ppl to group up with

uplay id: ygc19, what is ur uplay id ?

#51139 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20978 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:09 PM

add me then, i am looking for ppl to group up with

uplay id: ygc19, what is ur uplay id ?

I got an invite last night then it dissappeared. Was that you or a random?

#51140 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1390 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:19 PM

Looks like Day of the Tentacle Remastered will be out on March 22nd.  If you've never played it and like point-n-clicks or funny things at all, do yourself a favor and at least add this to the wishlist; it's a classic.  Pre-order is up now at GOG if that's your thing:

http://www.gog.com/g...acle_remastered

Hopefully there will be a Steam version, because I need my +1's.

Just saw this on GOG today as well.  I hopped on steam to preorder but its not there, sounds like gog has some exclusive preorder thing going on though so hopefully it will end up on steam when the release hits.  This along with Fate of Atlantis are two of my favorite adventure games ever and despite still owning the cd I will get this on steam day 1.

#51141 Preedatore   Hamburger Thread CAGiversary!   1533 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:20 PM

Played 2 games of Sentinels of the Multiverse yesterday. This was quite fun and I have the physical copy as well so I know what to expect if I ever play it.

The graphics and UI are sometimes slow and not as intuitive. I had a card where when the thing it was attached to did damage you raise or lower the damage. It was so clunky to get the +1/-1 choose for all energy types. This isn't that clean like say the Small World UI where everything is relatively easy to choose and do.

There are lots of powers and the decks are prebuilt so it's easy to get in and play. I do feel that eventually you will want expansions and the $19.99 Season Pass packs at least 2 mini decks and 2 major expansion packs. The gameplay is intuitive and straightforward and is easy to pick up and the tutorial is alright.

It might be a bit simple for some cause these heroes don't level up but just use cards/powers/equipment. It's fun though and I like when you get your team going helping each other out to take out not only the main bad guys stuff but the environment as well. I can see this becoming one of my play in 30 minutes type games and I will be seeking out a discount on the season pass.

No chance that the ui is nearly as bad as fidgeting with 5000 different tokens in the physical game, or creating a simple letter replacement riddle.

Anyone that plays the physical game may be interested in the final expansion on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstar...verse-oblivaeon

Also, board game/gijoe nerds should check this out: https://www.kickstar...venom-assault-0

#51142 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:28 PM

I got an invite last night then it dissappeared. Was that you or a random?

it was me, i think the invite goes away from after u don't ignore it

#51143 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:37 PM

Very solid.

You're saying we weren't enjoying the story?  :boxing:

So you stopped right before it became the same as the beta. ;)

#51144 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:41 PM

You're saying we weren't enjoying the story?  :boxing:

So you stopped right before it became the same as the beta. ;)

that broadway lvl 8 mission , was tought as hell.

the AI enemy was actually competent kept chasing us. ROFlmao

unless u are over lvl/ or have op weapon doing the mission. no way u can solo it. even with 2 ppl , it was hard. it took me n eld almost 1 hr to finsih, after repeated deaths. it was meant for 4 players

#51145 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1556 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:48 PM

Little off topic, but just wanted to mention that Gigabyte is having some major issues with there motherboard prices and are having a lot of price mistakes on Amazon and other websites.

attachicon.gifa.JPG

Damn, looks like I missed it. Been looking to build PC too.

#51146 BonedChaos   If you don't like John Candy you can GTFO CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:53 PM

Damn, looks like I missed it. Been looking to build PC too.

Click on some of the expired links. Some are still heavily discounted, but just not as much as it was when it was first posted.

#51147 Jackofdiamonds  

Jackofdiamonds

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:01 PM

Pinball FX2 - Civil War

8KI8Y-ZK8B0-FDJX8

#51148 AdmiralGialHackbar  

AdmiralGialHackbar

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:09 PM

Pinball FX2 - Civil War

8KI8Y-ZK8B0-FDJX8

Thanks I took this so hopefully people wont be so upset about me saying pinball sucks, maybe I'll try it later in the week.

#51149 Jackofdiamonds  

Jackofdiamonds

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:14 PM

^Not the greatest table to make a case for virtual pinball.

#51150 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5348 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:16 PM

http://www.mmorpg.co....cfm?offer=711

Yet another Trivium lawgiver