* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#51571 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8643 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:18 PM

Level 5 here.  I need to grind before I can even do the next two missions.  They are Level 7 and 8.  Tried to do them and got slaughtered.  

Do Side Missions or go get materials.

#51572 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5899 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:47 PM

Level 5 here.  I need to grind before I can even do the next two missions.  They are Level 7 and 8.  Tried to do them and got slaughtered.  

I've done all side missions as I've gone.  I clear them block by block.  This unlocks blue prints and whatnot and other good stuff...  Returning to the Safe House/Base of Operations after they're all done nets some big xp.  If you want to purely level...  Play with a player of higher level.  The enemies will spawn at the higher level and you'll get massive xp. (I'm mostly doing the side mission as I don't really think I'll want to clear them at level 30.)

#51573 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1797 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:13 PM

Lastly, a quick question, has anyone see a sawed off shotgun as a loot drop?

Im pretty sure one of my friends got it as a drop, and he didnt buy the SP. So it should be out there

#51574 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11169 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:23 PM

Update on bro night event, i decided to not play the already schedule victory racing game
instead i continued my adventures in the divison with fellow cags

Bro-Date: I didn't play with bros and instead made some eggs.  Lemme tell you in detail about these eggs I made...

#51575 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5899 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:04 PM

Also the Division is awesome.  I'm level 15 and just did a bunch of dark zone extractions this afternoon.   Great game.  Trying to not spend a dime until I'm 30.

Yeah, this should have been on my tips.... Save your credits and just roll with RNG while leveling. I will save picking up some weapon mods, if the rights mods come around, would be one of my exceptions.

That said I spend credits on appearl, weapon skins, and other items that strike me as highly unique. I couldn't resist a holster that had firearms, health, and tech. (I saw one like that in the open beta, hadn't seen one in the closed beta or the actual game... Hopefully it's not a complete loss.)

#51576 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5899 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:16 PM

Bro-Date: I didn't play with bros and instead made some eggs.  Lemme tell you in detail about these eggs I made...

Well you could at LEAST tell you if they were scrambled or whatnot...

Also breakfest for diner? Instant like!

#51577 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4092 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:39 PM

Been trying FFXIII. Yes, the game is a bad port. Stuttering. Tried everything. In the end, the thing that worked for me was checking CPU 0 (i3 here) on CPU affinity and uncheck the others. It was easy thanks to RadeonPro. Still have some screen tearing (may have to vSync at 30... Will try it later), but the game is beautiful. I'm liking it so far.

#51578 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:41 PM

Level 5 here.  I need to grind before I can even do the next two missions. They are Level 7 and 8. ;Tried to do them and got slaughtered.

you n indef shoudl player together, since u are around the same level

#51579 ShadowEX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:55 PM

Just fakeybro The Division. Thank me later when it appears in the next Ubisoft bundle in the third tier.

#51580 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:00 PM

This place is so schizophrenic. Sometimes you guys peer pressure and make fun of people who buy something not in a bundle or absolute rock bottom sale and other times you guys peer pressure and make fun of people who don't pay at or near full price for the flavor of the week.

#51581 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:11 PM

Just fakeybro The Division. Thank me later when it appears in the next Ubisoft bundle in the third tier.

what is ur uplay id?

#51582 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5899 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:23 PM

So third times a charm? :)

#51583 laneroo   kitty kitty spank spank CAGiversary!   590 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:43 PM

Seasonal The Division update: so I have been playing with YGC because none of the brohs will take my invite (that includes you Lane) and one of my buddies (he was level 19 on the first day). They are both pretty good at the game I still learning everything. Definitely alot more content than I thought and always finding more to do.

Need all the brohs and gurls to add me on Uplay (headpiece747) so we can get our levels up. See you on The Division.

Soz hp. I'm just powerleveling through everything, and playing with me right now would mean, not fun for you because The Division's scaling is bad (getting one shot by npcs everytime). I should be level 30 by the end of today :\

#51584 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:54 PM

Soz hp. I'm just powerleveling through everything, and playing with me right now would mean, not fun for you because The Division's scaling is bad (getting one shot by npcs everytime). I should be level 30 by the end of today :\

I giggle a bit when I picture you switching between Stardew Valley and Division sessions especially after reading Y's rundown of your "bro-play".   :D

#51585 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8803 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:58 PM

photo-thumb-348330.jpg

A turtle... making eggs.

WHY DO YOU EAT YOUR YOUNG, YOU CANNIBAL

#51586 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8803 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:17 PM

Oh and Direct2Drive has a 60% off coupon going right now.

SPRINGFWD2016

One time use only, and it only works from 12 to 1 Pacific Daylight Time... which is apparently right now, but I dunno? Anyway most of their site is currently at full price, and it won't work on some titles (the email didn't say which...) so the coupon is pretty damn pointless.

Edit: Never mind, the coupon isn't working. Guess they fucked this up too.

#51587 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8826 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:23 PM

what happnd to the steam thread? is this still the steam thread or is it now the division thread

#51588 Motiv  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:27 PM

The Scavenging ability you see on your equipment (usually backpacks) is magic find.  You'll get better drops with a higher %.

Also don't fall in love with a color.  A green AR can be better than that blue AR you have.

Experiment with weapons.  Find your style.

Each tree has its own 1000 upgrade.  Choosing this will unlock one extra ability for you to use.  (Look at them, see which one you like best, and unlock it...  The others can really wait till later.)

Lastly, a quick question, has anyone see a sawed off shotgun as a loot drop?

Those are some great tips and that's pretty similar to how I've been playing. I was wondering why I was getting more blue loot drops with some regularity, but I thought it had more to do with my level (18-19) until I looked into that Scavenging ability. Pretty cool.

I've played with all weapon types so far but I seem to gravitate towards equipping an AR as my primary, a marksman rifle as my secondary, and a shotgun to polish off those that get too close. A good marksman rifle I find to be very useful in the Division as you can pick off (headshot) lower health enemies and also give good chunk damage to any purple/yellow shielded enemies.

I suppose I haven't been paying attention to vendor inventory as much because I sell off anything that I don't currently need. Is there a vendor that sells weapon skins? The only one I have is the skin from that one Uplay 30-point unlock you can do. 

I still haven't seen a sawed off shotgun drop so the drop rate must be fairly low.

As I've progressed I like to clear out sections of the city one by one and complete all side missions, find the collectibles, and complete each story mission on hard. However, there are two stupid ECHO recordings that won't disappear from my map so I was curious if anyone else had the same issue. There is one in Chelsea that appears stuck inside of a building and I spent far too long looking for an entrance but I think it must be a glitch. The other is in Tenderloin and of a recording of a guy with an asthma inhaler that gets torched by a cleaner. Your ECHO progress shows you've collected it but it stays on the map, so it must be an error and hopefully it will be fixed later.

Still having a blast with the game. I think I've added or accepted most everyone here, but if not I'm Motiv7 over in Uplay-ville.

Hi pasports31!   :wave:

#51589 Kyanos   Big Kitty CAGiversary!   903 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:43 PM

I've been playing through The Division with a couple non-bros, but I'll eventually be up for some Dark Zone shenanigans. I'm kyanostiger on Uplay, I know I have some of you already.

#51590 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:44 PM

Oh and Direct2Drive has a 60% off coupon going right now.

SPRINGFWD2016

One time use only, and it only works from 12 to 1 Pacific Daylight Time... which is apparently right now, but I dunno? Anyway most of their site is currently at full price, and it won't work on some titles (the email didn't say which...) so the coupon is pretty damn pointless.

Edit: Never mind, the coupon isn't working. Guess they fucked this up too.

The fine print says good for one hour 12pm to 1pm PDT, so it should be live in about 15 minutes but only for one hour.

*Edited to add: But nothing's on sale so there's not really anything good to use it on unless they are dumb enough to have not disabled it on new stuff like the (Uplay key for) The Division or I guess the 2016 Wrasslin'.

*Edit 2: Or I guess maybe the Fallout 4 season pass if you Gilbyed it before the price got jacked up and still want it.

#51591 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25883 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:50 PM

what happnd to the steam thread? is this still the steam thread or is it now the division thread

I dunno, but I bought a gaming laptop today. [shrug]

#51592 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8803 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:54 PM

The fine print says good for one hour 12pm to 1pm PDT, so it should be live in about 15 minutes but only for one hour.

*Edited to add: But nothing's on sale so there's not really anything good to use it on unless they are dumb enough to have not disabled it on new stuff like the (Uplay key for) The Division or I guess the 2016 Wrasslin'.

*Edit 2: Or I guess maybe the Fallout 4 season pass if you Gilbyed it before the price got jacked up and still want it.

Except PDT doesn't start until tomorrow.

We're still on Pacific Standard Time 'round here. Someone messed up. I mean the coupon working tomorrow? Makes sense. But it says the 12th, and it's not PDT yet.

Edit: Oh hey, they have Saw available for sale.

https://www.direct2d...deo-game/154015

Might be worth getting it for the +1 even if it's the censored one as Spoder mentioned some time ago.

#51593 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:55 PM

Except PDT doesn't start until tomorrow.

We're still on Pacific Standard Time 'round here. Someone messed up.

Well I figured they still meant noon. *shrug* We will see in a few minutes.

*Edit: Yeah still not working. Anyway not like there's anything good to use it on besides The Division which everyone here will turn their nose up at any price because it's not a Steam key and they'd probably disable it for a new release besides.

#51594 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8803 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:01 PM

"This coupon code is not valid."

#51595 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9150 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:10 PM

Spoiler

I agree. Marksman rifles are the best.  I prefer to use the high damage/low ROF archtypes because they hit like a truck.  They're great for picking off elites from safe range.  They're also almost mandatory  in order to pick off sniping mobs which hit you the hardest.  The one downside is that marksman rifles seem run out of ammo quickly.

I use a Marksman and LMG primary setup, and Assault Rifle + LMG.   You have to use some sort of close range weapon like LMG, SMG, or Shotty to deal with charging foes and to be able defend yourself.  SMGs with small sized clips are useless.

Also, stop selling your weapons to the vendors.  Break them down for crafting parts instead.  You'll want a supply of those when you hit 30.  Feel free to waste green parts on the occasional temporary weapon upgrade but don't waste your other mats until you're capped at 30. 

#51596 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9150 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:12 PM

You should get The Division.

#51597 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:16 PM

I dunno Division needs some aliens or wizards or farming or at least hot dog costumes and dildo bats. Just something different the dudes in fatigues with guns running around New York to get my attention.

#51598 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11169 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:30 PM

A turtle... making eggs.

WHY DO YOU EAT YOUR YOUNG, YOU CANNIBAL

When I go to the local grocery store, they always have quail eggs and I always think about getting them and then realize that I'd have no idea what to do with quail eggs except maybe make a tiny omelet. This happens every time.

I've finally gotten around to playing Burial at Sea after mentioning in the other thread that I never play my Season Pass content.  Man, I've forgotten how to Bioshock -- I'm terrible at this.

#51599 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8803 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:30 PM

Huh, the D2D code seems to be working and it worked on preorders - someone on Reddit said they  got Mighty No. 9 for $8.

It doesn't work on The Division.

#51600 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11169 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:35 PM

Didn't work for Division or FC: Primal and then I ran out of things I'd potentially buy for 60% off MSRP.