* * * * * 83 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#56641 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20916 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:10 AM

Someone on Reddit is blaming indie devs for not caring about the Steam community and leaking confidential information. Lol. Oh no, we know the annual steam summer sale is this summer! Will
someone think of the Gaben!

#56642 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5347 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:10 AM

So earlier leak was real.

#56643 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6741 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:11 AM

Someone on Reddit is blaming indie devs for not caring about the Steam community and leaking confidential information. Lol. Oh no, we know the annual steam summer sale is this summer! Will

It was a Russian. Blame Putin

#56644 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:15 AM

@MysterD

Now FFX/X-2 HD 1080p 60fps!!

#56645 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:32 PM

Talking about deals, maybe someone wants to visit Crimea.

http://www.gamersgat...ndai-namco-week

#56646 Flowette   Level 112 Tea Drinking Royalty CAGiversary!   2166 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:13 PM

Talking about deals, maybe someone wants to visit Crimea.

http://www.gamersgat...ndai-namco-week

Everytime I see those kinda games (Naruto et al) I think "Wow! They look cool! I bet they're great!".

Then I remember that I bought NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst*, played it for about 20 minutes, had no idea what was going on, and promptly uninstalled it.

I'm assuming they're all much the same.

=;

* - copy/pasted because that's an incredibly long and silly title

#56647 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10958 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:54 PM

Someone should leak the sale prices for the Steam Summer Sale as well so I can get my disappointment out of the way six weeks early.

#56648 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:58 PM

On the one hand Valve is being ridiculous for making it such a huge secret but on the other hand if someone tells you something is confidential it's kinda tacky to go posting it all over the internet.

This never happened as much before they let every RPG Maker, Flash game, Unity Asset flip, Renpy Visual Novel cut and paste asshole in. I mean there were rumors sure but usually not screenshots with don't share this plastered all over it.

Valve are really dumbasses to think they can open the flood gates to every idiot and his grandmother and think any of them will give their requests any consideration whatsoever. 

Their site is the god damned wild west since they refuse to get off their ass and curate anymore.

#56649 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5347 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:00 PM

Do you think Russian care about confidentiality? It's just daring them to do it.

#56650 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:10 PM

Admittedly Russians are scheisty as Fuck and got no shame in their game, but there's been Russian shit on their for a long time way before the Greenlight floodgates open, like 1C and crap like that.

I think it's some indie asshole.

#56651 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10958 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:13 PM

In other news no one cares about, I completed a game of This War of Mine after using a stacking mod to increase stacks by 3x.  Yeah, it made the game easier but it also made the game much more enjoyable.  In a sense, the game sort of made me feel like Ebert had a point so many years ago when he pissed off a bunch of nerds by saying that the "game" in video games holds it back from being art.  For all it's weighty themes, the game still boils down to getting some rat traps and a veggie garden running for a food cycle and juggling other resources.  The horrors of war get lost in just juggling the balance of getting people rested, feeding them just enough to prevent stat loss and inventory management.  The whole set-up isn't any deeper or more philosophical than Recettear -- spend half the cycle getting shit done around the house and half the cycle in a "dungeon" trying to collect loot which you can use to get shit done around the house.  You're just trading cartoon fairies for Slavic war refugees and calling it deep.

All that said, there's nothing wrong with the game.  If you like that sort of management genre than the game does it pretty well with only a few weird details (killing kidnappers and then 'stealing' stuff from their desk still makes you sad that you stole?).  It was interesting enough to run through and see how the story ended.  It just sort of works as an example of how shallow 2Deep4U usually is.

#56652 AdmiralGialHackbar  

AdmiralGialHackbar

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:17 PM

So you give this war of mine a thumbs up?

Roger-Ebert-Vince-Bucci.jpg

#56653 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5562 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:25 PM

I must admit that it's been a sometime since I priced them... but this seems like a good deal.

http://www.newegg.co...=0d9-0006-000g8

Scandisk 1 TB SSD $220.

#56654 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5347 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:30 PM

wasn't that like $80 on Amazon yesterday?

Would've ordered if it didn't sell out before I woke up. Even with shipping across the world, taxes (24%) it would've been cheaper than buying locally.

#56655 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14461 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:52 PM

Wow, was it really $80 on Amazon? Sucks that I missed it, but the specs show TLC NAND technology which is known to have performance issues since data is more densely packed: http://www.pcworld.c...-advertise.html

#56656 vherub   x CAGiversary!   3437 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:59 PM

@Syntax Error

Not taking anything away from how you chose to play. But strongly recommend for others not cheating on a first playthrough. It's a game about consequences, item collection and task management  is merely the vehicle through which those decisions are parsed. Juggling the balance of getting people healthy/fed/protected IS the horrors of war in this game. It's like Graveyard of the Fireflies, the aftermath of war is harrowing, unpredictable and brutal.

#56657 AdmiralGialHackbar  

AdmiralGialHackbar

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:24 PM

anyone else waiting for these gtx 1080 reviews to come out?  I think they should start coming out on 5/17.  Looking to finally upgrade my old 6970.

#56658 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8288 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:43 PM

I for one am really excited for the Doom -10%, Grand Theft Auto -33%, and Fallout 4 -33% sales on June 23.

#56659 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14461 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:47 PM

I for one am really excited for the Doom -10%, Grand Theft Auto -33%, and Fallout 4 -33% sales on June 23.

That's a lot of 3's. Do you know something we don't?

alf-life-3-confirmed_o_1107647.jpg

#56660 smackattack   Seriously? CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:49 PM

There's a mod for Heroquest in the Tabletop Simulator Workshop.

Tabletop Sim Boardgame bro night?

#56661 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10679 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:00 PM

Steams sales are nothing I anticipate anymore. Unless a game is two plus years old you can expect, at most, a 30% discount -- about the same as what you'd get preordering from GMG.

#56662 smackattack   Seriously? CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:02 PM

Someone should leak the sale prices for the Steam Summer Sale as well so I can get my disappointment out of the way six weeks early.

Leaks like this im sure kill game sales as everyone is just going to wait. 

#56663 elessar123  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:06 PM

anyone else waiting for these gtx 1080 reviews to come out?  I think they should start coming out on 5/17.  Looking to finally upgrade my old 6970.

Honestly, with the price/performance of these things, I have doubts there won't be a shortage.

#56664 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10958 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:07 PM

@Syntax Error

Not taking anything away from how you chose to play. But strongly recommend for others not cheating on a first playthrough. It's a game about consequences, item collection and task management  is merely the vehicle through which those decisions are parsed. Juggling the balance of getting people healthy/fed/protected IS the horrors of war in this game. It's like Graveyard of the Fireflies, the aftermath of war is harrowing, unpredictable and brutal.

Sure, but again, you can say the same about any resource management game.  In a business sim you go broke, in this game some Slavic dude dies but it's still essentially the same game.  It's half spreadsheet and half dungeon crawl which is why I compared it to Recettear.

I did play several other games without modding (albeit, not to completion) but that didn't do much to impress the horrors of war upon me.  Really, the resource management part was less difficult than dealing with its atrocious "combat system".  My deaths were never due to resource issues but rather the terrible way the game moves and handles combat.  And I understand that combat is to be avoided but, when it does happen, it would be nice if it actually worked.  Even in this game, almost all the dudes I killed were via hidden backstabs or Arica's backstab ability because a blind hobo could kill you before you worked out how to swing your axe at him (plus the weird combat/salvage "modes").

If you thought it was impressive, that's great.  I thought it was a good game, but nothing impressive as an experience.  Which is what the devs were obviously trying for.

#56665 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10958 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:09 PM

Leaks like this im sure kill game sales as everyone is just going to wait. 

The idiots who buy Steam games in June (unless it's 75% off, etc) aren't the people reading articles or forums about Steam sale dates.  If you're in the second crowd, you already know that a sale is coming and to wait.

#56666 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10679 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:14 PM

Honestly, with the price/performance of these things, I have doubts there won't be a shortage.

I don't see that.  Only time I recall a GPU shortage in the last several years was with AMD cards because of bit coin mining.

#56667 elessar123  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:15 PM

I don't see that.  Only time I recall a GPU shortage in the last several years was with AMD cards because of bit coin mining.

Titan X?

#56668 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10679 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:22 PM

Can there really be a shortage on vanity-level graphics cards -- did anyone buy a Titan X for price/performance ratio?

#56669 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:26 PM

wasn't that like $80 on Amazon yesterday?

Would've ordered if it didn't sell out before I woke up. Even with shipping across the world, taxes (24%) it would've been cheaper than buying locally.

y u no bai something on sale in another country while you were sleeping? :-P

The idiots who buy Steam games in June (unless it's 75% off, etc) aren't the people reading articles or forums about Steam sale dates.  If you're in the second crowd, you already know that a sale is coming and to wait.

For the most part yes, but wind of the sale could trickle over to Gamespot or lame 'mainstream' media places like that that some lemmings read.

I guess that's old school though. The modern thing would be some Youtuber could talk about it, which is also a possibility.

#56670 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10679 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:32 PM

I wouldn't expect any prices to be lower than what we've seen from Humble's Spring Sale offerings.  Especially since Steam has adopted the 'get the lame discounts out of the way the first day' approach with no more flash/daily deals.