* * * * * 44 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay

#5881 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1744 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted Today, 09:10 PM

Shame... I really loved the voiceovers in Civ 4. 

Ironically, I didn't know he directed Three men and a baby... that movie makes me laugh like it's 1989.  :P

#5882 Drabelincoln   Town Drunk CAGiversary!   5170 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago   Has been playing Just Grandma and Me
PC

Drabelincoln

Posted Today, 09:19 PM

Shame... I really loved the voiceovers in Civ 4.

Ironically, I didn't know he directed Three men and a baby... that movie makes me laugh like it's 1989. :P

His book about parenting are crap

And it's blue and black dumbasses

#5883 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted Today, 09:25 PM

#5884 cyrus386  

Posted Today, 09:26 PM

I doubt they will have a complete edition, seeing as how they are still coming out with DLC (the newest one came out yesterday). Even CK2, which came out 3 years ago, is still getting new DLC. Paradox usually supports their games for a long time, with both free and paid updates. Also the DLC included in the extreme edition is mostly cosmetic IIRC. The DLCs that actually add content are Res Republica (for republics), Wealth of Nations (for trader nations), Conquest of Paradise (for colonizers/colonies), Art of War (the only must-have DLC) and the new one, El Dorado (for Incan/Mayan nations). Everything else is music/cosmetic stuff.

Yeah, I just spent $16 yesterday on Nuuvem buying the two newest DLCs. Already have 200 hours played and I can see myself play another 200 or more, easily, so it was totally worth it.

Is EUIV any easier to get into than any of the other Paradox grand strategy titles? i.e., if I buy it, is there a chance in hell I'll ever play it?

#5885 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1744 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted Today, 09:31 PM

Is EUIV any easier to get into than any of the other Paradox grand strategy titles? i.e., if I buy it, is there a chance in hell I'll ever play it?

Doubt it.

#5886 travathian   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1574 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:44 PM

I have thousands of hours in Civ, SMAC, and GalCiv and I have a hard time getting into Paradox grand strategy titles. I've been told my problem is that I try to grok the meta-game too much, and want to min-max right from the start, instead of just playing and letting shit happen for a bunch of games.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay