* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#60601 jrodri86   Metroidvanias and Diablo-likes addict CAGiversary!   613 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:53 AM

Nuclear Throne doesn't suck as bad as Lost Planet, but it does suck. Too many of the deaths in that game are due to happenstance. 

Bytheway, I've turned into a seasonal CAG... 

To be fair I was far more interested in LUFTRAUSERS than Nuclear Throne, it's one of those indies I missed when it was a part of a bundle. I think NC will be a part of a normal bundle soon, I'm just a bit surprised they decided it not to discount it at all (or maybe the discount hasn't kicked in yet)

#60602 Cagg  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:55 AM

I'm trying to pester Amazon into matching the Steam price ($34.99) of the Steam Controller.  Need help.  Go to "Would you like to tell us about a lower price?" on Amazon's Steam Controller page.

#60603 SqueeMK2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1316 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:02 AM

How did you manage that one, arguing with Kumar on the Amazon chat?

Just the generic canned "Do you know of a better price? Give us the link" thing.

#60604 Pengy99  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:04 AM

I'm trying to pester Amazon into matching the Steam price ($34.99) of the Steam Controller.  Need help.  Go to "Would you like to tell us about a lower price?" on Amazon's Steam Controller page.

I will help by telling you to go buy a xbox one controller.

#60605 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8365 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:08 AM

I will help by telling you to go buy a xbox one controller.

Steam Controller really isnt bad.  Depends on the game you're playing.

I personally wouldnt buy one just for playing on the PC though, only for using it with Steam Link.

#60606 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:09 AM

There is a very nice CAG from Canada who posted in the Trade thread he will help people out.  Just helped me save 10% on some games, but it could be more depending. 

yeah, DK posted the same thing on his steam profile. but Fuck him, he can't even beat GR 76. 76!!! what kind of bs is that?!?

#60607 lastreward24  

lastreward24

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:11 AM

I can't believe mass effect does not have controller support. I bought it a while ago and I can't bare to play it with KB and mouse. Anyone have any suggestion for a former console peasant? Maybe a mod? If it's worth anything I own the origin copy of them. sorry for being so off topic.

#60608 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8672 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:13 AM

I can't believe mass effect does not have controller support. I bought it a while ago and I can't bare to play it with KB and mouse. Anyone have any suggestion for a former console peasant? Maybe a mod? If it's worth anything I own the origin copy of them. sorry for being so off topic.

Will have to use something like joy2key or something to get it to work with a gamepad.

#60609 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:18 AM

Just the generic canned "Do you know of a better price? Give us the link" thing.

That actually works now? Years ago Tony basically admitted that didn't do a damned thing, at least as far as PC games are concerned.

Hmm, interesting.

#60610 DickDangus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   993 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

DickDangus

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:19 AM

I probably won't live long enough to ever get around to playing it but is Dying Light The Following Enhanced a decent deal at 50% off, or has it already been cheaper?

#60611 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:20 AM

Some annoying shit that Bioware used to have about not wanting to ruin the integrity of their games, never mind that they were obviously created around consoles and a controller.

They finally gave that all up with Dragon Age Inquisition thankfully, but yeah the older games you have to jump through hoops when they were released at a time when everyone else was doing controller support on the PC.

#60612 Kyle1022  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:20 AM

http://www.nexusmods...ffect/mods/60/?

Controller support was in the game all along from the 360 version, this mod just reactivates it.

#60613 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10163 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:24 AM

Might pick up Dungeon Lords but... that's probably it.  Sale is so bad it makes $40 WoW Legion preorder seem decent.

#60614 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11169 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:28 AM

Well, my first sacrifice to the bundle gods of this sale: 12 Labors of Hercules V.  

Though, given how horrid most of the bundle sites have gotten, it could actually be a while. 

#60615 SqueeMK2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1316 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:29 AM

That actually works now? Years ago Tony basically admitted that didn't do a damned thing, at least as far as PC games are concerned.

Hmm, interesting.

Apparently. I threw the info in and a few hours later Thea was price matched on Amazon, while other bigger games in the Steam stale weren't yet. For example, the Xcom 2 season pass hasn't been matched yet (And it's about 20,000 positions ahead of Thea on Amazon's sales listings) while Xcom 2 itself has. I think it's just whatever people happen to send a report on.

#60616 Pengy99  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:35 AM

So I just realized that Punch Club, which was on my wishlist, is 75% off. Anyone who owns it want to chime in on whether it is worth it? It has a bundle fodder vibe to it but I dunno.

#60617 shirinpitt   Rodeo Frog CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

shirinpitt

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:36 AM

Hmmm. Now that I see Amazon is pricematching Doom looks a lot more interesting.

#60618 Pengy99  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:38 AM

Hmmm. Now that I see Amazon is pricematching Doom looks a lot more interesting.

I admit 40% off Doom is tempting since it is fairly new but do you have a ton of Amazon shipping credits? I can't imagine a world where I value my Amazon credit lower than Gaben bucks.

#60619 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10163 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:41 AM

Doom can't be selling that well if it's already 40% off AND there's a demo.  Last Bethesda game that had a demo was Evil Within.  You can probably expect Doom to drop to $20 or less in another six months.

#60620 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11169 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:49 AM

So I just realized that Punch Club, which was on my wishlist, is 75% off. Anyone who owns it want to chime in on whether it is worth it? It has a bundle fodder vibe to it but I dunno.

I'm kind of surprised it's 75% off. tinyBuild has been screaming bloody murder about G2A, so maybe they've just thrown up their hands and said "Whatever"?

#60621 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2803 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:50 AM

Browsing steamdb's sales list of DLC for games I own...

Detective Grimoire soundtrack - $0.74 (75% off)

"Oh good, something I can buy with this damn Steam wallet!"

remembers to check Humble library

sees Detective Grimoire soundtrack from past bundle purchase

cries

Already bought some of those high-discount bundles and am doing my best to resist buying the Digital Homicide ones, but I may have no choice. Just a couple other things I may get from the wishlist, but otherwise this sale is lackluster as hell. Most games nowhere near all-time high discounts. Random example: Fallout: New Vegas has almost always been 75% off (66% for Ultimate Edition) in the big sales. Now it's 50/40. ¿Por qué?

Discovering non-wishlist items is clunky due to Valve opening the floodgates to all kinds of shit these past couple years. That's why I make sure to empty my queue daily and wishlist anything I might remotely like. Otherwise it's a pain in the ass to search the store.

At least I can finally get Civ V: Brave New World for a decent price ($2.47) from the Civ V bundle. My 3-year quest to complete my Civ V will finally be over!

#60622 shirinpitt   Rodeo Frog CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

shirinpitt

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:51 AM

I admit 40% off Doom is tempting since it is fairly new but do you have a ton of Amazon shipping credits? I can't imagine a world where I value my Amazon credit lower than Gaben bucks.

Free Kindle lawsuit money.  Not much, but more than enough for that, and I got it for buying things I wanted anyways so it isn't super valuable to me.  Otherwise it is going to Overwatch for PS4 since I have people bugging me to get that.

#60623 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10569 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:53 AM

I probably won't live long enough to ever get around to playing it but is Dying Light The Following Enhanced a decent deal at 50% off, or has it already been cheaper?

It hasn't been "cheaper" but that's because by the time the base game was starting to get into "real discount" territory, they did the Enhanced Edition, bundled in the DLC and restarted the clock at $60.  Otherwise, it'd probably be a $10 or $12 game by now.

But I don't think the old base game is available any longer so 50% is what you get.

#60624 Pickle14  

Pickle14

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:01 AM

Not sure if I'll get anything this sale. What's the best bang for my 15 gabenbucks?

#60625 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2803 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:03 AM

THIS IS YOUR FAULT, VALVE!!

iHNDDzk.png

#60626 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23671 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:06 AM

Random example: Fallout: New Vegas has almost always been 75% off (66% for Ultimate Edition) in the big sales. Now it's 50/40. ¿Por qué?

B/c Bethesda is getting "bleh" with their discounts again for their big-time franchises (i.e. Fallout + Elder Scrolls).

Just look at pricing for Fallout 3: GOTY; Skyrim + DLC's (all sold separately); Morrowind GOTY; and Oblivion GOTY Regular + Deluxe.

And also Skyrim Legendary isn't even listed on the store for sale right.

EDIT:

Add Dishonored to the list, also.

#60627 Baltore  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:09 AM

THIS IS YOUR FAULT, VALVE!!

iHNDDzk.png

Steam sale sucks because BREXIT is gonna win.....

#60628 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8681 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:13 AM

Doom can't be selling that well if it's already 40% off AND there's a demo.  Last Bethesda game that had a demo was Evil Within.  You can probably expect Doom to drop to $20 or less in another six months.

The multiplayer was pretty bad. The other problem is it came out at the same time as Overwatch. Although Doom singleplayer is pretty damn good. Also no mods on PC.

Bought the only game I had my eye on this sale Stardew Valley. 20% off isn't a huge discount but I already played it and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

#60629 Josh5890   For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228 CAGiversary!   3025 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:17 AM

Steam sale sucks because BREXIT is gonna win.....

The cynical part of me wants to see what happens if Brexit does win but I do have a vesting interest in the market as well.

#60630 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8336 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:25 AM

Disappointing sale. I swear everything I wanted most didn't drop at all in the past six months since winter sale. I thought for sure Icewind Dale would be five bucks, or pillars of eternity might drop to 12.50 or something. Maybe in five years Divinity Original Sin will be below 20. I bought a couple games but three of them are years old.