* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#61051 Pengy99  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 01:59 AM

I am interested in hosting 4-packs for the following bro-night games if there is any interest:

Nation Red $1.50ea - http://store.steampo....com/app/39800/

Shark Attack Deathmatch 2 $1.50ea - http://store.steampo...com/app/330580/

Bought this one. All copies distributed.

Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball $2ea - http://store.steampo...com/app/270450/

Also, if a bundlestars 4-pack of Verdun happens I would buy a copy.

#61052 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   9356 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:35 AM

Re: Verdun 4-Pack:

I'll go in for one.

Also, if a bundlestars 4-pack of Verdun happens I would buy a copy.

Plus myself.  If my public school math isn't failing me, that just leaves one slot open.

With FissFiss we're all full.  Thanks!

#61053 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   7969 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:45 AM

I'm in for Verdun. Message me if/when we do dis

For now, I'm going sleep.

#61054 Fallout Vault Boy89  

Fallout Vault Boy89

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:57 AM

Anyone try out that Aurion game?. It's a 2D action rpg which looks fun for $12.99. 

#61055 Frithsblessing   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Frithsblessing

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:04 AM

I doubt it helps but it is in a bundle on Steam right now...

http://store.steampo...com/bundle/793/

Fairly solid bundle...  Though I only save 5 bucks in change as I own two of the games already.

Anyhow, I think I'm going to snag Dragon Age Inquisition since the Steam sale seems so weak...  VPN Mexico, go to Origins.com, add game to cart, turn VPN off, finish checking out.  Profit!  (right?)

Tunnelbear is your friend. 

Thanks to both of you, this gem has been the highlight of my "steam" sale. 

#61056 nystate   Gaming Royalty CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:12 AM

Thanks to both of you, this gem has been the highlight of my "steam" sale.

Quick question but how much is DA:I in Mexico? I might pick it up and is it the GOTY Ed?
:evil: Spoiler alert:

Spoiler

#61057 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:06 AM

Anyone try out that Aurion game?. It's a 2D action rpg which looks fun for $12.99. 

It looks very cool and I've had my eye on it since release but I think the Plug in Digital as publisher is making most of us here put it into a wait for a bundle category.

I mean there's going to be a bit of that for any indie game but much more so for once published by a group that routinely bundles.

steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#61058 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8402 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:16 AM

Quick question but how much is DA:I in Mexico? I might pick it up and is it the GOTY Ed?

$13.49 USD. Standard is $6.49, Digital Deluxe is $9.99.

I miss the old prices in Pesos.

#61059 nystate   Gaming Royalty CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:20 AM

$13.49 USD. Standard is $6.49, Digital Deluxe is $9.99.

I miss the old prices in Pesos.

Regular or GOTY Ed? PSN had DA:I vanilla for $5 a week or so ago

Spoiler

#61060 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:24 AM

Regular or GOTY Ed? PSN had DA:I vanilla for $5 a week or so ago

The DLC is mostly meh however EA's shitty practices with DLC make it pretty clear you need to get the GOTY one if you even remotely think you might ever want to play the DLC. It's really expensive to buy later separately. So much so that people who already own the base are just buying the GOTY because it's cheaper for them to get the DLC that way.

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#61061 nystate   Gaming Royalty CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:27 AM

The DLC is mostly meh however EA's shitty practices with DLC make it pretty clear you need to get the GOTY one if you even remotely think you might ever want to play the DLC. It's really expensive to buy later separately. So much so that people who already own the base are just buying the GOTY because it's cheaper for them to get the DLC that way.

F'n EA...

Spoiler

#61062 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:31 AM

F'n EA...

At least this one has a GotY. Dragon Age 2 didn't even have one at all and the ME games, while they did get that Triology pack, it's not comprehensive and they never did get complete versions of any of them. Meaning that you're pretty much forced to pay at or near full price for the DLC even if you got the base for next to nothing.

FWIW some of the Bethesda stuff like Skyrim is in a similar situation. Bethesda is super stingy with the DLC discounts so after waiting years for all of the DLC to go on a good sale that never happened I ended up getting the Legendary Edition on sale for $8 even though I owned the base Skyrim because that was cheaper than getting the DLC separately on any sales that ever came up.

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#61063 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   9356 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:37 AM

FWIW some of the Bethesda stuff like Skyrim is in a similar situation. Bethesda is super stingy with the DLC discounts so after waiting years for all of the DLC to go on a good sale that never happened I ended up getting the Legendary Edition on sale for $8 even though I owned the base Skyrim because that was cheaper than getting the DLC separately on any sales that ever came up.

Hey, right now Fallout 4 is on sale for $30!

...and the Season Pass for $50

#61064 nystate   Gaming Royalty CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:41 AM

At least this one has a GotY. Dragon Age 2 didn't even have one at all and the ME games, while they did get that Triology pack, it's not comprehensive and they never did get complete versions of any of them. Meaning that you're pretty much forced to pay at or near full price for the DLC even if you got the base for next to nothing.

Crazy. I've been shopping for a cheap version of the Legendary Edition of Skyrim for a little while. I read an interesting article about how Bethesda raised the price on Steam after announcing the Special Edition.

http://www.pcinvasio...rior-steam-sale

Shame.

Spoiler

#61065 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:57 AM

Hey, right now Fallout 4 is on sale for $30!

...and the Season Pass for $50

Oh I fully expect that from Bethesda at this point.

What's worse is that other companies like Square are starting to copy that.

G8xOYGg.png

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#61066 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8402 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:16 AM

I think did the same ages ago. And they just added a bundle option to get the DLC at a discount. Welp.

#61067 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   892 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:25 AM

Just Cause 3 has stayed quite pricey, compared to Just Cause 2. I guess the 75% off discounts we used to brush off as too little have become less frequent. And with all the Gleam fodder clogging up the store, finding hidden gems is that much more difficult. 

#61068 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4525 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:03 AM

Oh I fully expect that from Bethesda at this point.

What's worse is that other companies like Square are starting to copy that.

I think Just Cause 3's season pass is on sale...?  Pretty sure its that "Sea Air Land" expansion pass and 25% off when its not even all out yet seems pretty solid to me.  (Maybe I missed the point that was being made?)

Anyhow, I got a friend who for some ungodly reason wants the Division Season Pass (I only say that half jokingly...  The new DLC looks coming out next Tuesday looks pretty solid) but is trying to save a little bit of money on it.  He has a US copy of The Division but will have to look at another reason for a sale. 

The good news is I'm not seeing any sort of region lock on the season pass but if someone can double check for me I would greatly appreciate it.

https://steamdb.info/app/437700/

Note: This isn't one of those "my friend" questions when you're really asking for yourself...  As this dumbass preordered the gold edition. :D/

#61069 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:13 AM

I think Just Cause 3's season pass is on sale...?  Pretty sure its that "Sea Air Land" expansion pass and 25% off when its not even all out yet seems pretty solid to me.  (Maybe I missed the point that was being made?)

It used to be the DLC discount was the same as the game's discount but that can't be guaranteed anymore. Even if you use the season pass :roll: as an excuse they didn't discount the separate parts outside the pass at all, so you can't buy the older one at the same discount as the base and then wait later for the other ones to go cheaper. Plus the cosmetic crap, even if it is just cosmetic crap, isn't discounted at all.

Also Square used to drop prices like a rock. Usually a release late the prior year would be 75% off by the summer sale, but again you can't count on that anymore.

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#61070 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4525 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:22 AM

Also Square used to drop prices like a rock. Usually a release late the prior year would be 75% off by the summer sale, but again you can't count on that anymore.

I see what your saying now...  Yeah, been noticing it but I usually wait till the season pass (or complete edition) hit the price I want anyways.  Just not a big fan of piecemeal season pass purchases.

As for a lack of a price drop...  As far as I know Just Cause 3 remains unhacked in its DRM and that bit of news likely makes SE happy to take a slower route in price drops.

#61071 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4525 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:25 AM

EA is kind of chintzy with their sales so it might be a while. Other stores like Amazon sell it but obviously you can't stack 75% off with Mexican pricing there.

There's a ton of content there for that price so it's worth it and EA is shit for discounting DLC separately, but it's a long, long, long ass game so if you truthfully aren't going to start it anytime soon it won't hurt to wait.

Meant to ask one other DA question...  Does it import saves from DAO and DAII or does it just make you answer a few question about the previous game?

#61072 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   892 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:57 AM

It used to be the DLC discount was the same as the game's discount but that can't be guaranteed anymore. Even if you use the season pass :roll: as an excuse they didn't discount the separate parts outside the pass at all, so you can't buy the older one at the same discount as the base and then wait later for the other ones to go cheaper. Plus the cosmetic crap, even if it is just cosmetic crap, isn't discounted at all.

And it was developed by the B team of Avalanche, while the A team worked on Mad Max. And from what I read, it seems to have major optimization problems, which is disappointing considering the good quality of the PC version of Just Cause 2. 

#61073 Neuropod   Such a lust for revenge! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO?! CAGiversary!   2360 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:03 AM

Meant to ask one other DA question...  Does it import saves from DAO and DAII or does it just make you answer a few question about the previous game?

You can use "Dragon Age Keep" - https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/ - to create a world-state to import into your game. Keep is able to determine some of your decisions from past games based on your achievements and whatnot, but you will have to do a lot of manual adjustments too.

Good luck remembering 80% of the incredibly inconsequential decisions it asks about. :lol:

76561197996844513.png

#61074 Fallout Vault Boy89  

Fallout Vault Boy89

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:11 AM

I'm gonna highlight some hidden gems that alot of people might not be aware of and is pretty cheap(under $10 give or take)  These games are actually good and worth it and not bundle fodder :p

#61075 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:32 AM

Motoki likes his VPNs like he likes his women. :D/

you mean physically abused and repeatedly hammered?

wow, just tried getting DA:I GOTY using Hola with no success. then tried with TunnelBear like was suggested and went through no problem. do i feel like an idiot. anyways, lemme pay it forward.

Dungeon of the Endless - Crystal Pack

N9?G5-BMY92-?ZW4T

the ?'s = F and 8, figure out which is which

#61076 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11026 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:34 AM

I've gotten demand-y from the internet about my "hidden gem" discussions. I need at least a sentence of explanation of why something is a hidden gem, because otherwise it's honestly just a +1, and all a +1 really needs is to be dirt cheap and have trading cards. 
(Even if it's nasty filthy Digital Homicide style asset flips.)

There's already so many tools like steamdb that I can just use to sort by price, review rating, genre and multiple other factors.

A list of names, prices and a link to steam just doesn't do it for me anymore. Too many bundles that have shown me "better than bundle fodder" still finds its way into even Indie Gala and Bundle Stars bundles all the time. 

Curation and Criticism is what I need. 

I'd rather have a list of 5 games that someone explains WHY they actually love them over 50 links. 
All of that said, it is really nice of you to share a list of games... I was also thinking about this as I was reading through the hidden gems thread on reddit as well. (And yep, the ones that inspired me to make purchases were the ones that explained their love of the game.) 

#61077 Voken   I was PROMISED taco trucks on every corner! CAGiversary!   1182 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:47 AM

you mean physically abused and repeatedly hammered?

wow, just tried getting DA:I GOTY using Hola with no success. then tried with TunnelBear like was suggested and went through no problem. do i feel like an idiot. anyways, lemme pay it forward.

Dungeon of the Endless - Crystal Pack
N9?G5-BMY92-?ZW4T

the ?'s = F and 8, figure out which is which

Thanks shrinerr for Endless

Just curious, how much was DA:I while you were visiting Mexico?  8-)

#61078 spoderman  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:51 AM

I'm gonna highlight some hidden gems that alot of people might not be aware of and is pretty cheap(under $10 give or take)  These games are actually good and worth it and not bundle fodder :p

Adventures of Pip, Gunman Clive 2, Shadow Blade, Styx, Victor Vran, and Rex Rocket were bundled before, so the "not bundle fodder" bit isn't exactly true lol. Risen 3 was bundled too, but in a shit tier so I won't count that.

Chronicles of Teddy (basically Finding Teddy 2 renamed) is also bundle fodder, published by Plug in Digital. I know you mean well and there are some good games in that list.

EDIT: lol I just noticed that you're snakeybro.. can't believe it took me this long to realize it.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#61079 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4525 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:58 AM

Good luck remembering 80% of the incredibly inconsequential decisions it asks about. :lol:

That's better than not having enough questions asked...  :)

Thanks for the link!

Edit: Holy Hell...  I've forgotten some major things it seems. lol

Edit 2: Even from the second game...

#61080 Flowette   Level 112 Tea Drinking Royalty CAGiversary!   2165 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:06 AM

I've played a fair bit of Solitairica over the weekend and I'm really enjoying it. It's not quite as addictive as Faerie Solitaire (but then what is?) but it's still a good take on the genre. I've nearly been able to beat the game with the first deck (the warrior deck, I've now unlocked most of the upgrades) and it's a good challenge. That said, the "roguelike" aspect of it winds me up a bit - if you lose the level it's back to square one. At least you get some currency rewards to allow you to improve your card deck and, assumingly, do a little better next time around. Gameplay is fluent and it doesn't feel like you're cheated (although I've had a few deaths which annoyed me more than they should've done). Good game.

It's only 40% off (£8.99 base price for me, making it £5.39; it's probably 12 or 13 bucks) might be a little rich for some people's tastes, but I think it's definitely worth a place on your wishlist.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free