* * * * * 76 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#66601 shirinpitt   Local Grippli CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

shirinpitt

Posted Today, 01:15 AM

Ummmm, can one find Verdun cheap currently?

#66602 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   16571 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:17 AM

lol cheapest price might be BundleStars at $12.50. Reds always schedules it but very few people show up

GUtUP1U.jpg

#66603 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   7590 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:28 AM

Well, I guess PS Now on PC is a nice start.

But, I'd rather them just sell me the games each as digital downloads to "own" and "keep" so I can play them whenever I want on my PC.

You know, like Steam does.

Yeah that's gonna happen

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#66604 archbishopthedoge   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   2763 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

archbishopthedoge

Posted Today, 01:32 AM

That bundlestars deal is gonna be your best bet sadly. Its not an easy find cheap normally anymore. Trade market and grey market are all higher or at about that price.

#66605 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4041 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:34 AM

So, Playstation Now is coming to PC https://www.rockpape...the-last-of-us/

meaning all the titles in the service you can play on PC soon enough, includes a whole bunch of ps exclusives. It's 20 bucks a month which is pretty pricey if you were going to have an ongoing subscription, but if you wanted to get it for a month or two to roll through some games it might be worth it

from what I read, it sounds like a Sony version of now-defunct ONLIVE streaming service.  And these are old, last gen line-up for $20 a month.  MEH!

#66606 ezelkow1   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   863 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:38 AM

from what I read, it sounds like a Sony version of now-defunct ONLIVE streaming service.  And these are old, last gen line-up for $20 a month.  MEH!

It basically is, I worked with these guys, https://www.gaikai.com/ , who sony bought and turned in to psnow

#66607 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster & VRAM Fanatic CAGiversary!   20418 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:40 AM

Yeah that's gonna happen

I'd love to see Sony make their own Steam-like service for the PC, even if it's just for namely their older Playstation titles.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#66608 Drabelincoln   Town Drunk CAGiversary!   6534 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted Today, 01:43 AM

I'd love to see Sony make their own Steam-like service for the PC, even if it's just for namely their older Playstation titles.

Your brother Daniel on Twitter agrees

#66609 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4041 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:43 AM

if you legally own older ps2 games, you can use PCSX2 to play ps2 in high HD.  It's the only reason I keep my old discs around.

#66610 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4395 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:54 AM

Bada bing, bada boom, your wish was granted. Hope you like memes and this username cause one of them isn't going to change for the next 365 days, whether I want to or not.

Welcome, Mr. Dangus.
Your name is whatever I want. :D

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#66611 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted Today, 02:06 AM

$20 a month? Holy crap. Isn't sony the company that claims EA Pass isn't a good value? And Sony charges $20/month?

#66612 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   7590 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:26 AM

Like I said it's way too pricey for an ongoing subscription, but if you don't plan on ever buying a playstation it'd probably be worth picking up for a month or two if you wanted to roll through a bunch of exclusives

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#66613 Fallout Vault Boy89  

Fallout Vault Boy89

Posted Today, 03:46 AM

I'm liking Deus Ex so far, it performs real good at 1080p 60fps with my 8350/970 combo. I have a question tho, which pic looks better to you. The first one is with sharpen and the second one is without sharpen. Just curious to see if anyone agrees with me in that the one with sharpen on looks much better.

#66614 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster & VRAM Fanatic CAGiversary!   20418 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:48 AM

I'm liking Deus Ex so far, it performs real good at 1080p 60fps with my 8350/970 combo. I have a question tho, which pic looks better to you. The first one is with sharpen and the second one is without sharpen. Just curious to see if anyone agrees with me in that the one with sharpen on looks much better.

What settings are you running the game on? Medium? High? Custom?

Also - yeah, the first one w/ Sharpen looks better.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#66615 Fallout Vault Boy89  

Fallout Vault Boy89

Posted Today, 03:55 AM

What settings are you running the game on? Medium? High? Custom?

Also - yeah, the first one w/ Sharpen looks better.

Everything high. Contact hardening shadows, msaa, subsurface scattering and volumetric lighting are all of and thats it.

#66616 DickBurden   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   333 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

DickBurden

Posted Today, 04:00 AM

As I type this I am watching the "Ready to launch in approximately" timer for Deus Ex actually increase. It started at 10 seconds and over the past several minutes it has made it all the way up to 19 minutes. At this rate I might be able to play the game by the next time humans evolve.

#66617 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   10777 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted Today, 04:00 AM

Like I said it's way too pricey for an ongoing subscription, but if you don't plan on ever buying a playstation it'd probably be worth picking up for a month or two if you wanted to roll through a bunch of exclusives

What's the fun if there's no +1? (Which I think is a great motto for the Steam Thread.)

#66618 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   3684 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:14 AM

Stolen from psn thread

I picked up both Remember Me and Strider from PS+ but thanks for posting the codes. That's nice of you. 

P.S. 

There is a Loot Ultimate Bundle which offers 6 games for 13.99

QBert Rebooted

Whispering Willows

Back to Bed

Fluster Cluck

Velicobox

Electronic Super Joy

I've checked them out and they all seem interesting but I already bought Qbert when it was on sale before. Worth picking up or nah?Anyone have any feedback on the listed games?

132.gif

#66619 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   7474 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted Today, 04:31 AM

which pic looks better to you. The first one is with sharpen and the second one is without sharpen

Door No. 1

#66620 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted Today, 05:10 AM

definitely first one

#66621 Voken   Qui audet adipiscitur CAGiversary!   1034 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:14 AM

$20 a month? Holy crap. Isn't sony the company that claims EA Pass isn't a good value? And Sony charges $20/month?

Other than Madden, everything on EA is already on PC. There is no reason why I would get a EA Pass when either all EA games that I want are 1) already in my backlog 2) can be had when its on sale.

Other than buying a PS3, there is no way for me to play some PS3 games like Tokyo Jungle, Asura's Wrath, Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten, and Last of Us. 

So yeah, depending on how the streaming works over my internet, $20/month seems reasonable for some games I would play on PC without having to own a PS3.

Giving PC gamers more choice is always a good thing so good on Sony.

#66622 FoxyPie   Better Than You CAGiversary!   17351 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:16 AM

It depends on your definition of better.  I think the second one looks better.  First one looks more detailed in places but doesn't feel as cohesive in terms of art style. 

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

Upcoming Events:

Week of August 22nd:  Verdun (23rd), Mitos.is (24th), Town of Salem (25th)  

Week of August 29th: Rust (30th), Rainbow Six Siege (31st), Dirt Rally (1st) 

#66623 smackattack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   595 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted Today, 05:18 AM

So, Playstation Now is coming to PC https://www.rockpape...the-last-of-us/

meaning all the titles in the service you can play on PC soon enough, includes a whole bunch of ps exclusives. It's 20 bucks a month which is pretty pricey if you were going to have an ongoing subscription, but if you wanted to get it for a month or two to roll through some games it might be worth it

No Red Dead no sale

#66624 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted Today, 06:17 AM

WinGameStore heard your request. Sale ends Thursday at 3:00 AM ET.

#66625 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   7590 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:24 AM

Other than Madden, everything on EA is already on PC. There is no reason why I would get a EA Pass when either all EA games that I want are 1) already in my backlog 2) can be had when its on sale.

Other than buying a PS3, there is no way for me to play some PS3 games like Tokyo Jungle, Asura's Wrath, Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten, and Last of Us. 

So yeah, depending on how the streaming works over my internet, $20/month seems reasonable for some games I would play on PC without having to own a PS3.

Giving PC gamers more choice is always a good thing so good on Sony.

the caveat is you would need to play through the games you want to fairly quickly to make it worth it. if you subscribed for a year that'd be 240 bucks, for which price i would think you could easily snag a refurbed ps3 as well as many of the exclusives you'd want used for less than that. if you need to sub any longer than like 3 months i don't know that it's worth it to play a bunch of games you'll never be able to again (although to be fair a lot of sony's exclusives don't have a ton of replay value, anyway)

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#66626 archbishopthedoge   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   2763 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

archbishopthedoge

Posted Today, 06:31 AM

Other than Madden, everything on EA is already on PC. 

Nope. NHL is the other one not on PC and its the one that matters most to me. You give me one game series not currently on PC out of everything, thats the one I taking.

#66627 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   3699 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted Today, 08:00 AM

In the linked article there is talk of a 7 day free trial...

I think if one planned it for max free time, vacation etc, one would be able to do the Uncharted games in a week fairly easy.

Just got to remember the controls get better in Uncharted 2 and that Uncharted 3 is a disappointment. Uncharted 2 might be the best game of that console generation.

#66628 poxi   something went wrong CAGiversary!   849 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:49 AM

In the linked article there is talk of a 7 day free trial...

I think if one planned it for max free time, vacation etc, one would be able to do the Uncharted games in a week fairly easy.

Just got to remember the controls get better in Uncharted 2 and that Uncharted 3 is a disappointment. Uncharted 2 might be the best game of that console generation.

I wonder what protection they will include to stop people from getting free trials every week with new accounts.

Anyway, I'm waiting for PS5, so I can play Bloodborne on my PC.

#66629 shrinerr   Now whatcha gon' do wit it? CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:44 AM

I wonder what protection they will include to stop people from getting free trials every week with new accounts.

i'm guessing before you start your trial you have to provide some sort of payment, either a credit card or PP account. then after the trial is over that form of payment is flagged so you can't use it again on a new account. 

in other news... WAH!!! Where's my Star Ruler 2 key?!? but seriously Bundlestars where the Fuck is my key?

Better have my money when I come to collect...