* * * * * 76 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#66781 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster & VRAM Fanatic CAGiversary!   20427 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:34 PM

Awesome @ you maybe getting them sometime

Awesome @ you replying to another one of my posts.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#66782 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   674 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted Yesterday, 10:38 PM

Omg Mr.D used ycs correctly. There may be hope after all.

#66783 Pickle14  

Pickle14

Posted Yesterday, 11:18 PM

Second question: do they make network cards that are both wired and wireless? Having trouble finding information. I move my PC a lot so having both options would be nice. Might just have to get a USB wired adapter though, regardless.

#66784 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster & VRAM Fanatic CAGiversary!   20427 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:19 PM

Omg Mr.D used ycs correctly. There may be hope after all.

e38bd9d9d4399e8759c39b83c0c30f7e36094946

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#66785 Blade   National Corruption Day 7/5/16 CAGiversary!   12705 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:51 AM

I don't see it as about competing, just offering another outlet. Why not?

I think you summed it up pretty well here. Steam movies started out exclusively with 2deep4me indie titles, 17 minute videos that were probably also uploaded to Youtube and didn't make enough in ad revenue. Indie filmmakers used Valve's cheap insertion fee to increase exposure, and it should stay that way. But as we've seen of Valve with the shit that gets greenlit, they've done some weird expansion to a bastardized on-demand service with mainstream titles like Allegiant and Naruto.

I can't really see Steam trying to compete with the mainstream on-demand providers like VUDU, and if they do then they're being stupid. Steam codes will never replace UV codes in physical media, nor will Walmart give $5 Steam wallet codes with a pizza. Those two things combined are pretty much the only reason digital films prosper. And I can't see any mainstream film company making a Humble Bundle of movies on Steam.

Just keep it to the cheap indie film exposures that we can buy for $0.25 in a bundle and everything will be fine.

#66786 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6235 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:36 AM

It's the time of the month again...auto renewal for Humble Monthly....lets see what we get in a week or so!

#66787 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   4175 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:46 AM

Hamble pls.

mX1nWBX.png

Needs more proof reading I guess

#66788 HitlerCat   is fuhrious CAGiversary!   4062 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:50 AM

Indeed they do.

Name my latest track ... listen here to The Track With No Name 9timh3.jpg

#66789 archbishopthedoge   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   2779 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

archbishopthedoge

Posted Today, 04:05 AM

Alright, so I think I've deciphered the "trick" to get the Idle Master glitch to continually work very fast. Follow these steps and it should work for you. If it doesnt, thats the fault of weiler's mom.

- Use IdleMaster. The trick works with ASF, but its easier to do with IM.

- Make sure all of your games have 2 hours. If you have a bunch that need to be idled, you can still do it, but you cant get the rhythm going.

- Press the next button fast, think of it like revving a lawnmower. Once you get one drop, slow your interval to 3-5 seconds between presses.

- When you get to 1 game left on IM, go into the settings menu and change the Idling Order setting to anything, just different from the one you're on. Do it somewhat quickly. You dont want Steam out of a game for too long.

- Rinse and repeat. Rev, once one drops, every 3-5 seconds press next.

I literally got 180 drops in about 10 minutes. I have only a few drops left but it gets tougher when you only have a couple of games left to finish. If you get to 100, you need to check your inventory then. It won't let you get more drops once it hits that wall. Just view them, and get back to it.

#66790 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6235 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:24 AM

I'm old school....just one at a time...haha...but of course I only get a few new games at a time.

#66791 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   7491 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted Today, 04:27 AM

Got my new SSD the other day and installed it tonight.  Crash course in AHCI, how Win 10 doesn't come with AHCI installed (?!?), how to set a drive that's acknowledged by Windows device manager but not storage, etc.  Good times.

I think I might toss my computer in a well and go buy an Alienware Steambox instead.

#66792 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted Today, 04:43 AM

Shout out to all the people who think Humble Bundle Monthly will be good, then ends up selling the games to me at reasonable prices

#66793 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6235 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:58 AM

Well everyone was suckered in for Soma after that pretty average bundle last month.....

• HBX likes this

#66794 archbishopthedoge   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   2779 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

archbishopthedoge

Posted Today, 05:08 AM

Free Prototypes by Facepunch key

http://prototypes.facepunch.com/

#66795 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   7491 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted Today, 05:25 AM

Here, someone can save themselves a click (turns out I already own):

IZ*AY-2PWRB-R7PTY   * = 4+4

#66796 HitlerCat   is fuhrious CAGiversary!   4062 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:46 AM

Alright, so I think I've deciphered the "trick" to get the Idle Master glitch to continually work very fast. Follow these steps and it should work for you. If it doesnt, thats the fault of weiler's mom.

- Use IdleMaster. The trick works with ASF, but its easier to do with IM.

- Make sure all of your games have 2 hours. If you have a bunch that need to be idled, you can still do it, but you cant get the rhythm going.

- Press the next button fast, think of it like revving a lawnmower. Once you get one drop, slow your interval to 3-5 seconds between presses.

- When you get to 1 game left on IM, go into the settings menu and change the Idling Order setting to anything, just different from the one you're on. Do it somewhat quickly. You dont want Steam out of a game for too long.

- Rinse and repeat. Rev, once one drops, every 3-5 seconds press next.

I literally got 180 drops in about 10 minutes. I have only a few drops left but it gets tougher when you only have a couple of games left to finish. If you get to 100, you need to check your inventory then. It won't let you get more drops once it hits that wall. Just view them, and get back to it.

I managed to get a bunch to drop earlier using SAM, I suspect it's just the first card drop for each game though, no? I've only managed to get one card from each game.

Name my latest track ... listen here to The Track With No Name 9timh3.jpg

#66797 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   805 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:52 AM

Facepunch Prototypes: XQM3V-2CF05-09ZI8

#66798 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   805 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:56 AM

SOMA looks to be a good early unlockable, but I'm always paranoid that an indie game is going to end up in a cheap bundle in a blink of an eye. Eg: you can all thank me for my sacrifice for buying Dreamfall Chapters before it got bundled. It's happened to many times in the past. And regarding headliners, from playing it, I honestly thought Mad Max was rather meh and haven't really felt like picking it back up after leaving it. South Park: The Stick of Truth has been the best headliner from my experience, in terms of my enjoyment from it and how little I paid for it. 

#66799 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6235 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:26 AM

I know one headliner I tried to love was This War of Mine. I got somewhat bored of it after playing it about 4 times. Didn't beat it, but it just got tiring, though it did feel dreary. I also didn't really care for the controls during the action parts. It was alright, but I don't know. Glad I got it cheap at least.

#66800 Blade   National Corruption Day 7/5/16 CAGiversary!   12705 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:38 AM

Here, someone can save themselves a click (turns out I already own):

IZ*AY-2PWRB-R7PTY   * = 4+4

16 didn't fit. Do we need richgamer to come back and show you sheep how to do real math again?

#66801 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   16577 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:42 AM

For anyone that cares, In Case of Emergency, Release Raptor is getting delisted soon. The dev claims that all people that bought it will be refunded and get to keep the game. I don't see how that's possible if you buy it on steam though, but the dev didn't really clarify how refunding/keeping the game will be done.

Dev's reasoning can be found here. You can still buy it, so it might be worth it to buy it and if the dev doesn't deliver on his promise, refund it yourself before two weeks are up.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#66802 shrinerr   Now whatcha gon' do wit it? CAGiversary!   863 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:26 AM

any of you weaboos fakeybro AOT? i'm hearing decent things about it, but it is an omega force game so there's always that. i'l probably wait for a sale, but ya know, curious...

Better have my money when I come to collect...

#66803 volt1up   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2232 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:42 AM

Can someone get me a key? I don't own any facepunch games.

#66804 poxi   something went wrong CAGiversary!   850 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:02 AM

Can someone get me a key? I don't own any facepunch games.

PM sent.