* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#67681 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4791 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:20 PM

Name 10 games that are actually complete and fun to play that got out of early access this year.

Most games stay in early access even with them being completed enough to be release like Ark and Killing Floor 2.

Then you have games like DayZ that is going on for 3 years with no signs of ever being released from Early Access.

There is no incentive for devs to move games out of EA...that would require some kind of (business) plan/roadmap to get there. These are the same devs who are signing music contracts thinking they are signing game contracts, sooooooooooo...yeah....not going to happen.

#67682 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11168 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:24 PM

My point is that if you buy games advertised as being incomplete, don't whine about them being incomplete.

No one was.  People were talking about the shifting of resources from completing the game to finding new ways to monetize it in lieu of completing it.  Different things.

But, once you start saying "This product is worth your money, please give me some in exchange for it", you lose the right to make a bunch of excuses when the consumer decides that it wasn't really worth their money.  "Early Access" is a frail excuse and frankly is largely meaningless to me.  If it was good enough to put a price tag on it, it's good enough to take whatever criticism it has coming to it as people decide whether it provides X dollars worth of value or not.

You know, "capitalism" and all that.  It's always kind of funny when people defend business actions by saying "Capitalism!" and don't seem to realize that the other end of capitalism is consumer response.

#67683 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4791 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:38 PM

Early Access according to Steam:

What is Early Access?
Get immediate access to games that are being developed with the community's involvement. These are games that evolve as you play them, as you give feedback, and as the developers update and add content.
We like to think of games and game development as services that grow and evolve with the involvement of customers and the community. There have been a number of prominent titles that have embraced this model of development recently and found a lot of value in the process.

-------------------- 

And the cherry on top:

We like to support and encourage developers who want to ship early, involve customers, and build lasting relationships that help everyone make better games.
This is the way games should be made.

tumblr_nnsmurrVV71s5naw0o1_400.gif

#67684 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9146 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:45 PM

Early access is dumb.  It's just a curtain for developers to hide behind in most cases.  Game shouldn't be able to sit on early access indefinitely.   There should be a time limit or it should be regulated, considering this is a multi-million dollar company in Valve. 

It's just amateur business operation.  and still it's really not that big of a deal, either.

#67685 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11168 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:55 PM

It's not that big of a deal but, this being a nominally gaming oriented thread, we might as well talk about it here.

#67686 synnarc   Lord of the VRAM CAGiversary!   1579 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:58 PM

Has anyone here picked up a 1070 or 1080 yet? 

#67687 AdmiralGialHackbar  

AdmiralGialHackbar

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:01 PM

got a 1070 at release because my 6970 was so old and bad.

#67688 Kelkeen   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   826 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:01 PM

Early Access according to Steam:

What is Early Access?
Get immediate access to games that are being developed with the community's involvement. These are games that evolve as you play them, as you give feedback, and as the developers update and add content.
We like to think of games and game development as services that grow and evolve with the involvement of customers and the community. There have been a number of prominent titles that have embraced this model of development recently and found a lot of value in the process.

--------------------

And the cherry on top:

We like to support and encourage developers who want to ship early, involve customers, and build lasting relationships that help everyone make better games.
This is the way games should be made.

tumblr_nnsmurrVV71s5naw0o1_400.gif

#67689 Vooyah   Sporadic At Best CAGiversary!   390 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:17 PM

My new laptop will be here next Thursday with a GTX 1070. Pretty excited about it. My desktop however is still rocking a 780TI from a few years back and still going strong.

https://www.amazon.c...=I13T9SPFJQ2OGO

#67690 fyrflash1969   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

fyrflash1969

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:18 PM

The consumer is at fault, the consumer largely assumes they are funding development, which they are not, they are buying unfinished products that list goals. Nothing stops the team from saying let's give ourselves big bonuses, let's start a dlc team, and continue to work on the product.. if you pay for early access, you are gambling that anything else will be done.. I'm not defending capitalism or the process, but it is the way it is.. and if consumers want change, they need to speak with dollars. Look at all the people's posts on the arc message board from people who bought the dlc but are complaining the game isn't done first. I don't like the early access model because there is no recourse or incentive on behalf of the employer once the money stops coming in.

No one was.  People were talking about the shifting of resources from completing the game to finding new ways to monetize it in lieu of completing it.  Different things.

But, once you start saying "This product is worth your money, please give me some in exchange for it", you lose the right to make a bunch of excuses when the consumer decides that it wasn't really worth their money.  "Early Access" is a frail excuse and frankly is largely meaningless to me.  If it was good enough to put a price tag on it, it's good enough to take whatever criticism it has coming to it as people decide whether it provides X dollars worth of value or not.

You know, "capitalism" and all that.  It's always kind of funny when people defend business actions by saying "Capitalism!" and don't seem to realize that the other end of capitalism is consumer response.

#67691 Reds303  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:21 PM

It's always kind of funny when people defend business actions by saying "Capitalism!" and don't seem to realize that the other end of capitalism is consumer response.

Wish I could give this more than one like.

#67692 Modest Package  

Modest Package

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:26 PM

http://store.steampo...com/app/314070/

Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings is the Daily Deal and historical low. No online multiplayer, and going through the forums the devs are a little cryptic on whether they'll ever add it or not (my impression is that they're working on another game first), so only buy if you are good with single player/local multi. 

#67693 SeriousGeorge   horrendusness CAGiversary!   355 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

SeriousGeorge

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:27 PM

Oh, I don't think I've been involved in vrams discussion yet. I think I'm going to try and wait till black friday and upgrade to a 1070. Currently have some type of oem only gt 640 ddr5 card that's way past time to replace.

#67694 Reds303  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:31 PM

http://store.steampo...com/app/314070/

Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings is the Daily Deal and historical low. No online multiplayer, and going through the forums the devs are a little cryptic on whether they'll ever add it or not (my impression is that they're working on another game first), so only buy if you are good with single player/local multi. 

And for anyone that cares, this is actually a decent game. Don't let the cartoon graphics fool you, it is worth playing if you are looking for a baseball game on PC. The mechanics are a little different from MLB The Show, but aren't too different. It reminds me a little bit of The Bigs on PS3, without the crazy powerups and stuff (except maybe the mojo system).

#67695 indef  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:40 PM

RSy1BJ6.png

Why won't senpai play Street Fighter V with me?

Spoiler

That's strange...I'm about 150 miles away from my computer. Hope whomever haxxed me (spoderman) is enjoying it.

And maybe play some Endless Legend while you're there. I always feel guilty for not playing that enough.

Also feel free to list the hundred pages of steam cards on the market for me pls thx.

#67696 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21222 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:41 PM

And for anyone that cares, this is actually a decent game. Don't let the cartoon graphics fool you, it is worth playing if you are looking for a baseball game on PC. The mechanics are a little different from MLB The Show, but aren't too different. It reminds me a little bit of The Bigs on PS3, without the crazy powerups and stuff (except maybe the mojo system).

You know, I want this, but the lack of MP sort of kills it.  Would love to beat you in a few games.  

#67697 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11168 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:44 PM

and if consumers want change, they need to speak with dollars.

They are.  By bombing Ark's ratings, they hope to affect its income and thus incite the developers to make positive changes.

Poor Fox, no love...

5 of 20 people (25%) found this review helpful
1 person found this review funny

#67698 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1292 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:46 PM

Spoiler

Fun game, though!

#67699 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8987 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:49 PM

Only one night?

#67700 Reds303  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:53 PM

That's strange...I'm about 150 miles away from my computer. Hope whomever haxxed me (spoderman) is enjoying it.

And maybe play some Endless Legend while you're there. I always feel guilty for not playing that enough.

Also feel free to list the hundred pages of steam cards on the market for me pls thx.

I'm destroying your handicap in The Golf Club as we speak.

You know, I want this, but the lack of MP sort of kills it.  Would love to beat you in a few games.  

While similar to The Show, I find hitting in this game really hard so your probably would beat me in every game.

#67701 spoderman  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:04 PM

You can beat Reds in every game, except for that one night in Rocket League. I like to think that was all a dream

#67702 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1556 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:04 PM

My new laptop will be here next Thursday with a GTX 1070. Pretty excited about it. My desktop however is still rocking a 780TI from a few years back and still going strong.

https://www.amazon.c...=I13T9SPFJQ2OGO

Mr. Money Bags over here.

#67703 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25872 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:05 PM

Did someone say VRAMzzz

Checked out the prices on the 6GB 1060 and it looks like they're going for around $250.  Strongly consider grabbing one during this round of Black Friday sales should it dip to $220 or less. 

Don't see the need to go 1070 since I'm still at 1080p. 

And I really can't see anything needing 8GB VRAM at 1080p for the next few years. 

Also the 1070's I'm seeing are like $400+  F. dat.  I got my 770 for around $300.

thumbs-up.jpg

#67704 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1796 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:12 PM

got a 1080 about 2 months ago

#67705 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:12 PM

There is no incentive for devs to move games out of EA...

Give them incentive.

Show them EA is not a launch day. There sales should come when they launch the game, not before it.

This is the problem with Early Access, the games aren't treated by Early Access by the retarded gaming community. A big name game comes to Early Access, should only sell a few thousands copies to get proper beta testers, not a few millions and be like "well? why finish it, we're not going to sell anymore copies"

#67706 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25872 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:21 PM

https://www.humblebu...ico-4-free-game

tropico 4 is free on the humble bundle store.

I guess I already had this.

Tropico 4:

4D7A5-3ENBG-DJF6V

#67707 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25872 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:51 PM

Nice. Might have to grab this.

Has anyone played this? Any thoughts on this?

EDIT:

Screw it; I'm in.

#67708 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21222 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:07 PM

They are. By bombing Ark's ratings, they hope to affect its income and thus incite the developers to make positive changes.

Poor Fox, no love...

Yeah, that's what I expected. It brings me great joy to know I raised the blood pressure of 15 of those entitled whiny brats enough to rate me down. If even just one of them dies from a heart attack I'll be a very happy troll.

#67709 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21222 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:09 PM

You can beat Reds in every game, except for that one night in Rocket League. I like to think that was all a dream

Reds paid me to throw our match with COD zombie dlc. Does your Nvidia gamestream thing allow you to play the baseball game with someone online?

#67710 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   729 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:31 PM

Gotta stop getting those gmg mystery bundles. 10 for 3.99 got me though. Had 6 of the 10 games already. I'll never learn. Time to giveaway the rest.

CLUBMANAGER2015: VW7N9-GH26F-E84P?

SKYWARDCOLLAPSE: FRJJE-NAG!F-L58AL

VICTIMOFXEN: 6R7R?-950ER-DLEEA

BUNKERTHEUNDERGROUNDGAME: G?2PY-BBN40-PA8C8

ROCKNROLLDEFENSE: !9I7W-9YALG-PGRDV

CHAINSAWWARRIOR: JRJDX-B50D7-?VPDQ

? = 2

! = P