* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#6781 Red_Lizard2  

Red_Lizard2

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

I never liked reddit.  Never understood the appeal.  It's like the shitty retro graphics equivalent of a forum. 

SOE..err Daybreak loves reddit over their own forums for whatever reason. Don't really see why, and honestly think it is pretty stupid to have an official forum but post most of your news to reddit (or at least most of it to Reddit first). 

#6782 spoderman  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:25 AM

SOE..err Daybreak loves reddit over their own forums for whatever reason. Don't really see why, and honestly think it is pretty stupid to have an official forum but post most of your news to reddit (or at least most of it to Reddit first). 

Supposedly Reddit gets you the most sales/traffic over any other site. I think it's stupid to only focus on Reddit though.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#6783 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3041 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:42 AM

Supposedly Boobs gets you the most sales/traffic over any other site. I think it's stupid to only focus on boobs though.

jkimrey: Do it man! It's a steam key - one place for all your games. Plus, you gotta catch 'em all.

#6784 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10302 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:49 PM

yei8NAf.png
Daily Deals
50% off Shadow Man (Steam) - $2.50

VWySqR9.png
Prices listed do not take into account any available voucher.
35% off Coffin Dodgers (Steam) - $12.99
Current Voucher: 23% off H3U5TZ-9726D1-JIPSHC (Expires 3/9 1600 UTC)

m2CcLlq.png
Women's Day Weekend - Get two Collector's Editions for the price of one.
Coupon Code: EQUALITY
I'm a dad!

#6785 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:51 PM

Supposedly Boobs gets you the most sales/traffic over any other site. I think it's stupid to only focus on boobs though.

steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#6786 Xealot42   Psi-Powered CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:52 PM

Xbox One controller wireless adapter coming to PC later this year!

Link.

STEAM | XBL | PSN | MY BACKLOG

#6787 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:54 PM

yei8NAf.png
Daily Deals
50% off Shadow Man (Steam) - $2.50

VWySqR9.png
Prices listed do not take into account any available voucher.
35% off Coffin Dodgers (Steam) - $12.99
Current Voucher: 23% off H3U5TZ-9726D1-JIPSHC (Expires 3/9 1600 UTC)

m2CcLlq.png
Women's Day Weekend - Get two Collector's Editions for the price of one.
Coupon Code: EQUALITY

Aww man, I just fakeybro'ed Coffin Dodgers twice over too. At least it was with Fake Gabebux though. Edit: Okay I did get it on Steam with the 35% off 'introductory discount' just not with a 23% voucher on top so only a few dollars difference, but still.

Fun quirky game but it will really shine in multiplayer I think, just be aware that's not in yet but coming Soon™. Edit2: I guess they just added local co-op with split-screen which doesn't help if you want to run a fellow CAG down with your mobility scooter, but it's something.

Also, really Big Fish? You celebrate Women's equality by giving them BOGO on deluxe edition Hidden Object games?

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#6788 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3055 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:03 PM

Also, really Big Fish? You celebrate Women's equality by giving them BOGO on deluxe edition Hidden Object games?

Part of me wishes I still wanted some more hidden objects but I'm still dealing with games from their last sale :)

#6789 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:03 PM

Warning: Kickstarter Rant

So I pledged, uh let's just say way too much and leave it at that (shut up), for Churbles (basically a cutesy 3D hamster RPG) back in November 2013. The full game was supposed to be finished by December 2014. Somewhere along the way they decided it was taking so long they'd divide it up into chapters because Telltale is doing it so why can't they? This wasn't stated on their Kickstarter. I grumbled. They didn't care. Whatevs.

Updates seem to consist of 'Hey look at this render we made of character/outfit X!'. Not seeing a whole lot of game play. So now we're 3 months past when the full game was supposed to be released and they haven't even given a playable alpha of the first chapter to the higher tier backers, of which I was one (again, shut up). They're telling us it's still in alpha state and apparently not even put together enough that they have something to present to anyone outside of their team.

But somehow they think they'll get their shit together by Summer when they are going to conventions, totally to present their game I'm sure and totally not because they're anime and game nerds that just want to go to conventions anyway, that they will have a beta or beyond to present at said conventions that they are totally going to for business and not pleasure purposes.

Right.

Anyway, this is the update they just sent:

TL;DR: Uh making games is hard and stuff. Who Knew? Go play something else and forget about us for a while. It'll be done soon. Uh, like summer. I think. Anyway there's lots of other great games out there! Here's a deviantart picture. KTHXBAI

Spoiler

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#6790 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10228 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:11 PM

So now we're 3 months past when the full game was supposed to be released and they haven't even given a playable alpha of the first chapter to the higher tier backers, of which I was one (again, shut up).

Did they at least give you a hamster pillow cover to hump while you're waiting?  Can't wait to see what kind of rodent quest you designed for your $10,000.

#6791 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:13 PM

No, no mouse dakimakura jpgs that I can print out and tape onto a body pillow from Ross. I don't even have that to show for it. I guess I can always print out the fan art from deviantart that people send into them for a vaporware game.

And I didn't pledge $10,000 or anywhere near that. I'm nuts but I'm not that nuts.

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#6792 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10228 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:26 PM

XM9l6GY.png

#6793 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2227 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:31 PM

Xbox One controller wireless adapter coming to PC later this year!

Link.

So I guess the current dongle doesn't work with the One?  I don't own that controller so never gave it any thought.

How do the two controllers compare?  Worth the upgrade?

#6794 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:38 PM

So I guess the current dongle doesn't work with the One?  I don't own that controller so never gave it any thought.

How do the two controllers compare?  Worth the upgrade?

Apparently it doesn't work with the current dongle but you can hook it up as a wired controller via a micro usb cable if you download the updated drivers at microsoft.com.

I've been pretty happy with the 360 controller so not sure I see a reason to upgrade. I expect there may be some bootleg Xbox One controller dongles of varying and questionable quality popping up on eBay and Amazon for cheap like there was with the 360 controller dongle.

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#6795 Preedatore   Hamburger Thread CAGiversary!   1516 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:50 PM

So I guess the current dongle doesn't work with the One? I don't own that controller so never gave it any thought.

How do the two controllers compare? Worth the upgrade?

The xbox one controller do have some minor improvements over the 360. Triggers and shoulder buttons are reworked a bit for better usability and the analog sticks are a little smaller with a different feel. They claim there are a bajillion improvements, but I couldn't tell what they are. If you were making a choice to start from scratch on a controller now I would say go with the one controller. If you are already invested in 360 I say stay with that since it's still a really good controller.

Edit: Also, the battery pack is now flush with the controller on the back.

#6796 indef  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:03 PM

I know that the overwhelming majority of this thread won't give a Fuck, but Nürburgring is finally arriving for Assetto Corsa on March 11th  :D/ 

Spoiler

#6797 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:33 PM

I know that the overwhelming majority of this thread won't give a Fuck, but Nürburgring is finally arriving for Assetto Corsa on March 11th  :D/

Spoiler

GTFO.

And Skitty too because I know she'll fall for it.

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#6798 indef  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:46 PM

GTFO.

And Skitty too because I know she'll fall for it.

Would it help if I mspaint some cartoon boobs on the cars for you?

#6799 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:49 PM

Would it help if I mspaint some cartoon boobs on the cars for you?

Throw in Zrinka or some cartoon cats or hamsters and we'll talk.

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#6800 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:33 PM

Dammit, Lego Indiana Jones 2 is 75% off at macgamestore but of course that one isn't Steamplay so it's a Mac only non-Steam version.

I guess the long wait for a good sale on the Lego Indiana Jones games continues.

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#6801 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8159 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

I'm still waiting for something on Cryamore....not expecting that anytime this year or even next. It does have an alpha and lots of art assets so it will come out someday. Will it be the second coming of Secret of Mana like they claimed.....only time will tell but the answer is likely no. No more kickstarter for nitro....no more indeed.

#6802 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10228 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:00 PM

Throw in Zrinka or some cartoon cats or hamsters and we'll talk.
Spoiler

#6803 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

I'm still waiting for something on Cryamore....not expecting that anytime this year or even next. It does have an alpha and lots of art assets so it will come out someday. Will it be the second coming of Secret of Mana like they claimed.....only time will tell but the answer is likely no. No more kickstarter for nitro....no more indeed.

I looked that one up. The HuniePop dude is apparently their lead programmer. About 7 months after that Cryamore Kickstarter that he was a part of he went and launched his own for HuniePop and, well, that game is out and Cryamore which is the earlier one isn't...

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#6804 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   3998 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:14 PM

Anyone playing space run and can recommend it? Still have some time to buy it. What I'm not liking about it is that some people say you have to memorize keyboard shortcuts because the game is fast and there's no pause button. And a lot says it is on rails... you have to place your turrets the way the developers intended. 

Edit: maybe I can wait for a bundle

#6805 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:19 PM

3DJNlRq.png

#6806 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10302 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:28 PM

That's like putting a sticker on a button that says Do Not Push.
I'm a dad!

#6807 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:34 PM

So Corona Motorsport is (supposedly) going live Monday. You all did the keys for votes thing, right? Right.

Also, it's always a good sign to read something like this:
http://steamcommunit...034336425297680

We are releasing in 40 minutes! ALSO URGENT: 3D MODLER NEEDED!!!!!!!!
MARCH 6 - LUKE

Its finally here! keys will be distributed on monday or tuesday. WE NEED A 3D MODELER! IM WILLING TO PAY AT THIS POINT. The car designs need to be modified just in case. im being paranoid but for copyright purposes we need to slightly alter the vehicles. so if you are capable of basic 3d modeling email me immediately! We need your help!!!!

He's releasing his game any day now but he urgently needs a 3D modeler and hey he's even willing to pay you for your work at this point.

It's also good that he is being paranoid about pesky things like licensing by taking the proactive steps of using licensed content but removing the logos. Because that makes it completely okay and that won't end badly at all.
steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#6808 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13556 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:45 PM

They're also fixing the exploit on that bundle site. Now I can't trade away the keys you dumbasses didn't bother activating.

#6809 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:49 PM

Flying? That was you huh?
steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#6810 - Glenn -  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:53 PM

I didn't see this mentioned yet:

https://www.indiegala.com/

"Big Time" Bundle

$1 - Who's that Flying?! & Bang Bang Racing

$2.99 - Anna, Sine Mora, Ceville

$4.89 - Crash Time III, Grand Ages Rome & Grand Ages Rome Augustus DLC

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free