* * * * * 82 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#83491 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:58 AM

Don't have much to talk about here for games for this weekend b/c I'm under the NDA of Secret World Legends

Did anyone else here actually get into the SWL Closed Beta?

Did you play the old Secret World? Just to confirm if it's much worse Legends according to what I have read.

#83492 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24545 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:19 PM

Did you play the old Secret World? 

Yes. I really liked the old-version of TSW. In the old-version of TSW - the storytelling, voice-acting, questing, graphics quality for its time, open class system - it was all very good. Worth playing for that stuff alone.

The combat in Old-TSW was the biggest hurdle for most, as it plays more like WoW (locked cam where you can click to target and then attack), which could feel weird for those who aimed for a shooter-style character or magic-tossing projectile-based character.  Old-TSW's WoW-style combat mode (default mode) felt fine for doing regular melee stuff.

Target Mode (with unlocked-cam + mouse-look) wasn't ideal, mind you - but it felt a lot better for those using that type of gun-based or projectile-tossing character + looking for that type of feel. It was sweet that you could switch on-the-fly b/t the two modes there, though.

Just to confirm if it's much worse Legends according to what I have read.

SWL is under NDA in its current Closed Beta version unfortunately, so...I just won't comment on such matters.

Once the NDA lifts on a certain Beta version and/or the game actually finally releases (June 26th), I'll definitely speak on those versions that don't have such NDA strings attached to it.

#83493 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5503 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

Don't have much to talk about here for games for this weekend b/c I'm under the NDA of Secret World Legends

Did anyone else here actually get into the SWL Closed Beta?

I liked the base game when I played a free trial well enough but didn't get sucked into it...  I also knew myself enough to know I wouldn't get into the game long enough to warrant a purchase.

#83494 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8611 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:28 PM

I must be completely braindead here, but how the hell do you install Steam Economy Enhancer? I don't see a single guide on how to get it going. I open up a new script in TamperMonkey, drag the script into the window and it goes in, says it's activated and working, but literally nothing changes on the market for me. I don't see any of the buttons or anything. I'm using Chrome.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I take that back. I'm seeing the "quick sell" and "instant sell" buttons, but no buttons to sell all cards and whatnot... Or is that just Enhanced Steam doing that?

It works on the Inventory page.

EDIT:

I should say the selling stuff works on the Inventory page.

Things like auto-relisting cards runs on the Market page.

#83495 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24545 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:45 PM

I liked the base game when I played a free trial well enough but didn't get sucked into it...  I also knew myself enough to know I wouldn't get into the game long enough to warrant a purchase.

You're talking about the Old-TSW base-game, I presume.

Anyways, I never bought the Old-TSW Expansions/Issues. Never bought the Ultiamte Ed or Complete Ed, either.

Regardless, I did time-sink some 30 hours or so into Old-TSW. Surely, I wasn't even close to done here. Basically, just got out of the first main + huge Kingsmouth zone. But, yeah - I really liked a lot of what was there, despite my minor issue with the combat not being spectacular. I just needed a bit of a break from it, after a good deal of hours w/ it. I unfortunately never got back to it, but probably should have. Too much other stuff got in my way that I bought + played those, as freaking usual.

#83496 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1204 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:47 PM

I haven't opened allot of card packs yet, you do get a gold pack (with a guaranteed legend, I do believe) after winning each tournament, but the normal packs...  I feel I get too many duplicates.  (Each dup helps level up the character.  Leveling up unlocks "moves" but I've not really see any change.)

All in all, I would say its still a positive but a lack of meaningful feedback (on shots), RNG card drops, and some lack of refinement means that there's still room for the game to improve.  (Devs seem to be listening and already have more cards/players coming in a free update.)

i assure you there is no guaranteed legend in gold packs, just higher rate.

i'm very interested to see what players they add in the future. although i probably won't get to see them from getting banned for using a trainer to get unlimited gold packs :)

#83497 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:05 PM

Combat in TSW is as fast paced and fluid as it gets for MMO style combat, just a step below actual action combat like in Tera or something similar.

Not really all that interested in the free to play version though. I'm glad Funcom is doing what they gotta do to keep things going, but odds are it's just gonna be a simplified version of the original, which admittedly had ridiculous difficulty curves and often forced you to party up to take down most late game missions.

I know they did a full overhaul of the combat and difficulty on the game a year or so ago, but I haven't played in ages. It's one of my favorite games of all time and I have a Grand Master account (lifetime sub, basically), but it's just such a time sink and late game stuff really takes playing with other people and I'm just more of a lone wolf in games. Awesome roleplay community though.

It works on the Inventory page.

EDIT:

I should say the selling stuff works on the Inventory page.

Things like auto-relisting cards runs on the Market page.

Yeah, I know how it should work, but for some reason it just doesn't work for me. Tried just about everything, gave up.

#83498 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5503 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

i assure you there is no guaranteed legend in gold packs, just higher rate.

i'm very interested to see what players they add in the future. although i probably won't get to see them from getting banned for using a trainer to get unlimited gold packs :)

So you cannot play at all or just cannot play online?

(And, yeah, I guess you're right...  My first gold back I got when starting the game "just" had two epics in it.)

You're talking about the Old-TSW base-game, I presume.

Yeah, I only get into beta for Ubisoft it seems...

#83499 GBKeroberos  

GBKeroberos

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:44 PM

Prey is delightful.

It cribs liberally from its predecessors (System Shock, Deus Ex, Bioshock) to great effect. The setting is wonderfully immersive. The recycling/fabrication system is totally engrossing, and a perfect addition to the hunting/gathering that is common to this type of game. The guns are satisfying and the implementation of stealth is decent. The music is fantastically moody. Low-gravity movement is awesome. In its early hours, it has a real survival-horror vibe. It is best played on a higher difficulty to enhance that feeling. The story starts out more interesting than it ends. It is somewhat predictable, but entertaining.

Very highly recommended, would fakey again.

The time for mourning is over. Prey 2 is dead, long live Prey (2017).

#83500 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4208 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:47 PM

Prey is delightful.

It cribs liberally from its predecessors (System Shock, Deus Ex, Bioshock) to great effect. The setting is wonderfully immersive. The recycling/fabrication system is totally engrossing, and a perfect addition to the hunting/gathering that is common to this type of game. The guns are satisfying and the implementation of stealth is decent. The music is fantastically moody. Low-gravity movement is awesome. In its early hours, it has a real survival-horror vibe. It is best played on a higher difficulty to enhance that feeling. The story starts out more interesting than it ends. It is somewhat predictable, but entertaining.

sounds like a 4/10.

#83501 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24545 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:19 PM

sounds like a 4/10.

I'm guessing GBK didn't hit any save-corruption bugs + crashes.

Anyways, Dan Stapleton of IGN re-scored Prey 2017 PC at 8.0, since they fixed those nasty issues w/ the latest patch:

http://www.ign.com/a...3/prey-review-2

#83502 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1204 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

So you cannot play at all or just cannot play online?

heh, i was making the jokes. i haven't been banned.............yet. but i've opened like 50 gold packs this morning, so let's say i wouldn't be surprised if something happened to me soon.

#83503 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   838 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:59 PM

Prey is delightful.

System Shock? Deus Ex? Bioshock?
I thought you said this game was good.

#83504 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24545 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:02 PM

Prey is delightful.

I don't think I'll ever finish mourning the death of Human Head's Prey 2. I thought it looked well on its way, in the demos + previews we had known about for it. I'd still like to see this game happen, even if someone finds a way to release, rename, + re-tinker HH Prey 2 into some other new IP or something.

Why not?

It worked for True Crime: Hong Kong, which became Sleeping Dogs.

It worked for that BHG RPG that Ken Rolston + company that they were making for THQ (I think it was called Ascendant, IIRC?), which became Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning. 

And I still swear, to this day - Risen 1 from PB is probably a re-working of the original Gothic 3 expansion that they were supposed to do, which got cancelled b/c they got into a battle w/ their publisher JoWood/Dreamcatcher over patching the game + expanding it.

About Arkane's work: I still really like their stuff (Arx Fatalis + Dark Messiah) & love some of their games (Dishonored 1+2) - so, I am really looking forward to Arkane's Prey 2017.

I really liked what I played of System Shock 2 (never finished it); loved Bioshock series; and dug Dishonored - so yeah, this needs a price-drop for me to jump in!

#83505 GBKeroberos  

GBKeroberos

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:34 PM

I don't think I'll ever finish mourning the death of Human Head's Prey 2. I thought it looked well on its way, in the demos + previews we had known about for it. I'd still like to see this game happen, even if someone finds a way to release, rename, + re-tinker HH Prey 2 into some other new IP or something.

Why not?

That would be great, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Human Head is all but dead. They've been relegated to doing ports and mobile trash.

It worked for True Crime: Hong Kong, which became Sleeping Dogs.

It worked for that BHG RPG that Ken Rolston + company that they were making for THQ (I think it was called Ascendant, IIRC?), which became Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning.

It's funny, I loved both those games. It's always nice to see things like that get salvaged. Didn't work quite as well for Deus Ex: Clan Wars, which became Project: Snowblind. It was... okay. And I'll never not be bitter about the total retooling of Dark Sector.

P.S. Tremorbros, RevU has a few easy 88 coin offers.

#83506 vicious7171   Don't you dare call on me, old man! CAGiversary!   428 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

vicious7171

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:58 PM

System Shock? Deus Ex? Bioshock?
I thought you said this game was good.

Tell me you did not just imply that Deus Ex was a bad game.

#83507 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4208 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:03 PM

Tell me you did not just imply that Deus Ex was a bad game.

well, the latest one is only half finished, and half of 8 is 4, so...

8/10  4/10.

not a very positive score.

#83508 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24545 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:12 PM

That would be great, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Human Head is all but dead. They've been relegated to doing ports and mobile trash.

I dunno if Human Head or BethSoft owns the work HH did on HH Prey 2. Not sure if it'd be up to HH, Bethesda, or both on what becomes of whatever the heck HH had. That would have to probably be legally sorted-out first, if this was to be properly sorted-out.

If HH and/or BethSoft would want to make some $, maybe they could sell what they had off to another dev' to finish things up w/ a new IP name? Hell, 3DR's DNF got finished-up by someone else (Gearbox + Triptych), didn't it?

#83509 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24545 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:18 PM

well, the latest one is only half finished, and half of 8 is 4, so...

8/10  4/10.

not a very positive score.

But the original Deus Ex is a masterpiece, IMHO. That game is a brilliant, finished work.

Also, I thought DE: HR was fantastic. 

Deus Ex: MD could've been great - but, it lacks 1/2 to 1/3rd of the story arc. Something feels drastically missing here. Regardless, everything that was there - barring the way things wrapped-up, at the end as mostly set-up for the next game, of course - was great.

In regards to DE: Invisible War - good, but not great. Could've + should've been great, but it was too "consolized" + dumbed-down for when it came out. It ran like garbage on new PC's when it came out - but, that ain't an issues nowadays. More so than anything, though - this game so needs someone to make a mod for the Unified Ammo system to swap that out for real ammo for each weapon (i.e. like in most shooters). I hated that damn Unified Ammo system.

#83510 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5138 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:30 AM

with the fakeybro talk of the Surge on this thread, I did a little digging.  Apparently the same studio, Deck 13, also made the god-awful Blood Knights.  They did a shitty, soul-less Dark Souls clone aka Lord of the Fallen, too.  Apparently, LotF did so well that the publisher has the sequel worked on by ANOTHER studio.  :drool:  I think I will wait for bundle

#83511 Red_Lizard2  

Red_Lizard2

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:01 AM

Also pretty weird that stars like Isaiah, Giannis, Klay and Booker are missing, but I suppose you need to make room for the likes of Kris Humphries, Ian Mahinmi and Dragan Bender somehow.

Is Alan Williams in it, at least?

#83512 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24545 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:31 AM

with the fakeybro talk of the Surge on this thread, I did a little digging.  Apparently the same studio, Deck 13, also made the god-awful Blood Knights.  They did a shitty, soul-less Dark Souls clone aka Lord of the Fallen, too.  Apparently, LotF did so well that the publisher has the sequel worked on by ANOTHER studio.  :drool:  I think I will wait for bundle

[TB's thoughts + vid on Blood Knights]

Spoiler

Deck 13 also made Venetica.

Venetica is a game I probably should've finished, but other stuff - i.e. bigger name titles that I eventually bought on sale, of course - got in the way + I never got back to it.

Venetica's a 3rd person action-adventure/ARPG. Combat's good, except for the fact that you can spam enemies + get them stuck so they can't retaliate like in the Gothic 3 versions before EE balancing. This can make certain battles, no matter how over-powered enemies are (or not), really freaking easy - as you can just spam attack-button all damn day.

I wish someone would fix or mod-out the damn spam attack issue.

I really liked the character development; story; plot; setting; environments; the cartoony art-style; and some of Venetica's cool abilities. Worth playing for all of that stuff, especially if you got it cheap in a bundle like this IG Bundle it was in or catch it dirt-cheap in a sale.

#83513 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24545 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:59 AM

PSA for WinGameStore Anniversary Bundle w/ RealMyst: Masterpiece Ed in the BTA section:

http://www.wingamest...-what-you-want/

20 hours or so left on it.

BTA is at $4.73.

Here's ITAD on RealMyst Masterpiece Ed for best pricing + bundles it's been in:

https://isthereanyde...terpieceedition

#83514 Reds303  

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:00 PM

Is Alan Williams in it, at least?

https://www.gamespot...d/1100-6449467/

Credit goes for InmateofArkham for finding this, but here is a list of all the players in the game so far.

#83515 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5503 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:14 PM

Gamersgate.com has WWE 2K17 Deluxe Edition for $37.53 (that's 50% off.)

https://www.gamersga...-digital-deluxe

#83516 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:19 PM

Gamersgate.com has WWE 2K17 Deluxe Edition for $37.53 (that's 50% off.)

https://www.gamersga...-digital-deluxe

This fucker will be 75% off by September and probably even sooner.

#83517 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5503 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:24 PM

https://www.gamespot...d/1100-6449467/

Credit goes for InmateofArkham for finding this, but here is a list of all the players in the game so far.

This might be more useful...

https://www.reddit.c...yers_stats_and/

Sorry, on my phone and having trouble just getting the Google Drive link.

#83518 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4208 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:24 PM

This fucker will be 75% off by September and probably even sooner.

yeah, we got the last one from a monthly, didn't we? DLC, too.

#83519 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:26 PM

Yea, but the big difference is last two times this game has released, the PC version had the DLC already included. This is the first version they've released the DLC separate on PC. Its still gonna plummet like a rock sooner than later though. 

#83520 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5503 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:28 PM

Yes, but that might just be because the DLC was included with all PC copies...

Anyhow, just thought I would post deals for you all... I've learned my lesson. Never again.