* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#89881 IAmTheCheapestFox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19633 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestFox

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:38 PM

While it might keep the game balanced & "as the dev's intended", that really can only go so far w/ a MP-based game these days.

Are you saying games shouldn't be well-balanced and as the devs intended?  What are your thoughts on boxed mac and cheese?

Bronight Updates:

Offworld Trading Company - Cool strategy/economic sim game.  Bah and I had no clue what we were doing and Parallacks graciously toyed with us until he finally had enough and bought me out.  Enjoyed the game enough to want to go back and do the tutorial at some point.

Deceit - This is bootleg Dead by Daylight (Weiler's words) but in this case Weiler is actually good at it.  Sneaky little infected bastard.  This game as a lot of potential but needs a lot of polish.  Don't know why it isn't still EA.

Then we played some Drawful 2 and Jackbox Party Box 2.  Fun times were had by all.  Tonight is...I forget, but I DLed the game. 

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#89882 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5442 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:48 PM

How? All it would let me do is look at camera feeds.

I think it lets you spectate on terrorist Hunt.

hit '5' i think, sad I should know what it is but its more muscle memory, but I believe its just like in game, you use 5 to flip between your drones/cams and your view

which if you didnt know, you can view drones/cams during the game as well, they are not just for the start of the match

You can spectate in any game mode after death, you can access the cams/drones while alive, and you're able to switch between them after death. I have no idea what key you hit on PC. I play on Xbox and it's down on the Dpad.

XBL: Z 5aber

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber

Uplay: Z-Saber

Origin: Z_Saber_64

Battle.net BattleTag: Zsaber#11913

PSN: Zsaber64

#89883 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   9652 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:12 PM

While it might keep the game balanced & "as the dev's intended", that really can only go so far w/ a MP-based game these days.

Ubi has pushed Siege hard on the e-sports front which is in direct opposition to the whole "Let's turn my backyard into a Doom .wad!" thing.  Balance and map stability are exactly what people want from it.

Tonight's game is Sniper Elite 4 which had to be Bah setting it up.

#89884 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4750 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:19 PM

I think it lets you spectate on terrorist Hunt.

It must, I didn't die often in TH but i know I suicide bomber got me at least once and I didn't remember having a disconnect from the game like I did when playing the PvP.

hit '5' i think, sad I should know what it is but its more muscle memory, but I believe its just like in game, you use 5 to flip between your drones/cams and your view

which if you didnt know, you can view drones/cams during the game as well, they are not just for the start of the match

Cool, I'll have to play around with it... and I sort of knew that but never really bothered to use it. 

You can spectate in any game mode after death, you can access the cams/drones while alive, and you're able to switch between them after death. I have no idea what key you hit on PC. I play on Xbox and it's down on the Dpad.

So down on the D-Pad.  I probably didn't get to that button truth be told, obviously I didn't as complained about it so I guess what I'm saying is I never would have thought to try that button.

Anyhow, that would certainly help...   Being destroyed every round isn't fun but only being able to view two cameras during the rest of the round is enough to make you question why you're even bothering. :lol:

#89885 IAmTheCheapestFox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19633 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestFox

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:10 PM

Ubi has pushed Siege hard on the e-sports front which is in direct opposition to the whole "Let's turn my backyard into a Doom .wad!" thing.  Balance and map stability are exactly what people want from it.

Thanks for the reminder.  I did download SE4 so I'll be ready to go.

And I forgot it was RSS MysterD was talking about.  Yeah, there's no chance that's ever going to get SDK support for people to do their own levels, etc.  That's fun in a game like KF2, but RSS is not the game for it. 

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#89886 DickDangus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   893 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

DickDangus

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:12 PM

Everybody ready for the eclipse? I just spent $800 on a pair of eclipse glasses that came with a free 1080ti.

#89887 IAmTheCheapestFox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19633 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestFox

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:17 PM

Everybody ready for the eclipse? I just spent $800 on a pair of eclipse glasses that came with a free 1080ti.

I don't have any glasses.  Will Google give me a template where I can print my own?  

#89888 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4283 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:23 PM

I don't have any glasses. Will Google give me a template where I can print my own?

You're so close to the totality. You should make the trip!

fs_overall.png

#89889 IAmTheCheapestFox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19633 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestFox

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

You're so close to the totality. You should make the trip!

Nah, I hate dealing with traffic and driving and they anticipate both to be pretty bad for the eclipse.  

#89890 DickDangus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   893 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

DickDangus

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:30 PM

I don't have any glasses. Will Google give me a template where I can print my own?

There must be a cereal box out there with some instructions on the back for how to make some out of toilet paper rolls.

#89891 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   9652 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:45 PM

I was planning on driving downstate for the eclipse but my older son -- and eclipse watching companion -- starts college that day and wants to make his first day of classes.  Driving six hours each way (more with eclipse traffic) alone doesn't sound much fun so I'm likely staying home unless he has a change of mind.

Maybe I'll play Universe Sandbox and hurl the moon into Illinois.  Take THAT!

#89892 IAmTheCheapestFox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19633 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestFox

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:52 PM

I was planning on driving downstate for the eclipse but my older son -- and eclipse watching companion -- starts college that day and wants to make his first day of classes.  Driving six hours each way (more with eclipse traffic) alone doesn't sound much fun so I'm likely staying home unless he has a change of mind.

I read this and was like, no thanks:

http://komonews.com/...-before-eclipse

#89893 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   4884 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:59 PM

Free games:

https://www.sgda.ch/en/voucher

A Nifty Game
Air Console Premium
Airships
Conrad
Crossbow Warrior
Feist
First Strike
Niche
Plug & Play
Slime-san
The Firm IOS/Android
Transport Fever

At least First Strike & Transport Fever were out of keys. But somehow I already had First strike anyway?

#89894 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   9652 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:15 PM

I read this and was like, no thanks:

http://komonews.com/...-before-eclipse

Midwest isn't supposed to be that bad.  Out west usually has clear skies this time of year so it was a big draw.  And S. Carolina is the nearest place for the entire Eastern Seaboard so they'll be packed.  It'll be crowded and busy in the Midwestern locations but not as bad as the two ends.

#89895 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   9652 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:24 PM

Free games:

Sent a request but it crashed while going to the next screen and is inaccessible now (Database Error).

Nothing spamming F5 like a rat in a Skinner Box won't fix, I'm sure  :-

EDIT: Currently Dead

High amount of requests!

Wow, that is a blast

We currently cannot deliver more codes. Please try again later.

#89896 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11068 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:29 PM

There must be a cereal box out there with some instructions on the back for how to make some out of toilet paper rolls.

Nah, you'd use the cereal box and not the toilet paper rolls. 
https://www.cnet.com...ew-the-eclipse/

I'm rather shocked that I haven't seen one of the cereal brands not hyping this and shouting "Free Eclipse Viewing Pinhole Projector" on their boxes.

#89897 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   989 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:38 PM

I should be able to see the totality from my house. Might get called into work since they're calling it 'one of the biggest events in its history' due to an estimated 250k extra people in the area. Gas has magically gone up $1.50 in the past two days too.

#89898 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   7776 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

It's fun being a cranky old man.

I couldn't care less about the eclipse.

#89899 smackattack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1083 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:23 PM

Are you saying games shouldn't be well-balanced and as the devs intended?  What are your thoughts on boxed mac and cheese?

Bronight Updates:

Deceit - This is bootleg Dead by Daylight (Weiler's words) but in this case Weiler is actually good at it.  Sneaky little infected bastard.  This game as a lot of potential but needs a lot of polish.  Don't know why it isn't still EA.

Then we played some Drawful 2 and Jackbox Party Box 2.  Fun times were had by all.  Tonight is...I forget, but I DLed the game. 

Deceit still needs work.  Kinda buggy.  Its something worth revisiting in a few months.  They need a tutorial or something stat.

Its a little harder with everyone in discord narcing you out instantly when you take blood .  Online you can probably get away with more.

#89900 Vulgarism   A living, breathing piece of defecating meat. CAGiversary!   4019 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:26 PM

I live in a town that is usually pretty touristy, and they're predicting something like 40,000 people arriving per day starting yesterday... And the town size alone is 80,000. Gas stations have been running out of gas since yesterday, I've had co-workers Air BnB'ing rooms for $400+ a night, and Monday/Tuesday are WFH days for most at my work... It is insane. We've even got a congregation of "Rainbow Family" (no, I'm not using a derogatory term, but that is what the group has named themselves) that came through twenty years ago and caused a ton of issues. Worst part is my fiancee and I are getting married tomorrow and have to make it up a mountain through groups of thousands... All for two minutes of totality. Oh, and I forgot to mention forest fires have been pretty bad this summer so far, and with thousands more drunk idiots in the woods, we're almost guaranteed to have smoke-blockage.

On topic, I got 2nd place in PUBg on Sunday, it felt rewarding and miraculous and I typically hate games like this, but this one touches me in most of the right ways (and a few wrong ways.)

ColonCatastrophe.png

#89901 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4001 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:29 PM

We've even got a congregation of "Rainbow Family" (no, I'm not using a derogatory term, but that is what the group has named themselves)

Yea, the Rainbow People. They're basically hippies. Like real deal kind of hippies, not fake Starbucks ones. They live on communes and shit all over the place.

I grew up in North Florida and there's a commune in the Ocala National Forest. When I was like 17, me and some friends went to one of their "Gatherings", it was goofy as hell, but the drugs were free, which is why we went lol.

#89902 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4750 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:37 PM

I should be able to see the totality from my house. Might get called into work since they're calling it 'one of the biggest events in its history' due to an estimated 250k extra people in the area. Gas has magically gone up $1.50 in the past two days too.

I'm pretty much totality at my house... Or a couple of miles from it. Gas is actually 5 cents cheaper than last week.

I just hope I can sleep... Not use to sleeping when it's dark out. lol

#89903 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   3660 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:55 PM

MysterD, are you going to leave your parents basement to see the eclipse? I hear it's DRM free!!!

#89904 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   9652 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:58 PM

When I was like 17, me and some friends went to one of their "Gatherings", it was goofy as hell, but the drugs were free, which is why we went lol.

That and dirty hippy sex with some middle-aged unshaven woman on the ground among the turd piles, am I right?

#89905 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   3918 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

MysterD, are you going to leave your parents basement to see the eclipse? I hear it's DRM free!!!

But only one map...

#89906 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6011 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

I live in a town that is usually pretty touristy, and they're predicting something like 40,000 people arriving per day starting yesterday... And the town size alone is 80,000. Gas stations have been running out of gas since yesterday, I've had co-workers Air BnB'ing rooms for $400+ a night, and Monday/Tuesday are WFH days for most at my work... It is insane. We've even got a congregation of "Rainbow Family" (no, I'm not using a derogatory term, but that is what the group has named themselves) that came through twenty years ago and caused a ton of issues. Worst part is my fiancee and I are getting married tomorrow and have to make it up a mountain through groups of thousands... All for two minutes of totality. Oh, and I forgot to mention forest fires have been pretty bad this summer so far, and with thousands more drunk idiots in the woods, we're almost guaranteed to have smoke-blockage.

On topic, I got 2nd place in PUBg on Sunday, it felt rewarding and miraculous and I typically hate games like this, but this one touches me in most of the right ways (and a few wrong ways.)

Congrats on your forthcoming wedding.

#89907 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   7776 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:21 PM

I know you were talking about MysterD, but this is the real reason I don't care about the eclipse.

I may get Domino's because it's a day that ends in "y" to celebrate the eclipse.

#89908 IAmTheCheapestFox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19633 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestFox

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:22 PM

That and dirty hippy sex with some middle-aged unshaven woman on the ground among the turd piles, am I right?

Bah grew up in North Florida, so I assume he just had to go to the next trailer to get that.  

#89909 weretable   This is the water and this is the well. CAGiversary!   465 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:23 PM

I had mild interest in the eclipse but to see it totally and avoid horrible traffic I would have to go to somewhere random in northern Kansas or something and with 6+ hour drive and nobody else interested I guess I'll ignore it.

#89910 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4816 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:36 PM

Was there a price glitch on SE4 or ya'all fakeybroed SE4?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free