* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#89971 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:30 AM

You mean me?

Disney Afternoon's allright. It's not a DotEmu hackjob... but it's not full emulation either. Basically the program loads the game data into its own interpreter engine and it goes from there. The studio's lead guy is Frank Cifaldi, who I've known for years and he's made sure the games are as close to the original NES roms as possible.

Just a warning. TaleSpin, Duck Tales 2 and Rescue Rangers 2 were not very good games to start with... but it sure beats the hell outta paying hundreds of dollars for the latter two carts.

I'll get it later then

#89972 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4953 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:14 AM

You mean me?

Disney Afternoon's allright. It's not a DotEmu hackjob... but it's not full emulation either. Basically the program loads the game data into its own interpreter engine and it goes from there. The studio's lead guy is Frank Cifaldi, who I've known for years and he's made sure the games are as close to the original NES roms as possible.

Just a warning. TaleSpin, Duck Tales 2 and Rescue Rangers 2 were not very good games to start with... but it sure beats the hell outta paying hundreds of dollars for the latter two carts.

Ducktales Remastered seems to have some nasty bugs... Disney Afternoon the better choice if that's the only game you want?

#89973 iPayMSRP  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:07 AM

Just wanna say, Prey is absolutely incredible. It feels like System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Bioshock, DX:HR, MD, Dishonored, basically every 0451 game were all prototypes for which Prey is the final model. The level design, the power/weapon options, everything has a purpose, everything is useful, and it's all pretty fun to use. This game is an absolute masterpiece and you must play it. It's on my GotY shortlist easily.

I'm not gonna lie, Dead Rising 1's Frank voice actor wasn't any good to begin with. The new guy in DR4 does Frank pretty well, like half Bruce Campbell half Nathan Drake. He's really charming and I think he really nails the role, at times, even if it feels definitely like a different Frank than the surly, half-acted mumblings of DR1. The problem is the game itself looks awful.

That said a lot of people thought Dead Rising 3 looked awful. And they were almost all wrong. A weak port, and definitely not like DR1 or 2 in style or tone, but DR3 was still a very good game.

Looking at DR4, I don't think that is going to be the case. If only because the removal of anything approaching a non-awful boss fight and lame-ass plot look like trash.

#89974 jcruze7   Ten percent of nuthin' is...let me do the math here...nuthin CAGiversary!   175 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:54 PM

Where'd everyone go?

#89975 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8023 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:12 PM

Where'd everyone go?

Everyone is too busy playing their games and buying up everything in Bundlestar's Summer sale!

#89976 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   807 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:19 PM

weekends tend to be less chatter, in part due to no real sales and people playing single player or MP i.e. PUBG.  you could check your steam friends and see what is going on.  of course, you could start a topic i.e. shoes, food, etc to get the ball rolling

#89977 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:08 PM

Ducktales Remastered seems to have some nasty bugs... Disney Afternoon the better choice if that's the only game you want?

I don't recall any bugs in Ducktales. I do recall sometimes on the moon level, you could spawn and unfrotunately you'll be right infront of an enemy (making you take damage), but I had no problems playing Ducktales Remasted. I even recommend it, was a lot of fun.

#89978 indef  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:19 PM

Got my cancellation email and $5 amazon credit for that echo thing. All hail our failing Washington Post overlords

#89979 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4953 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:25 PM

Games Planet UK is having its encore for its summer sale right now. All sales are back. Some decent sales.

https://uk.gamesplan...romo/summersale

Also Capcom released the final roster for Capcom vs Marvel 4 the other day. As expected no mutants or fantastic four heroes (Wolverine) or villians (Dr. Doom) are in it.

(This follows Disney current plan of fucking over their fans by not promoting characters they don't have the movie rights to.)

#89980 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8611 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:26 PM

I don't recall any bugs in Ducktales. I do recall sometimes on the moon level, you could spawn and unfrotunately you'll be right infront of an enemy (making you take damage), but I had no problems playing Ducktales Remasted. I even recommend it, was a lot of fun.

The game had at least one infamous bug where the final fight could not be completed due to some issues with newer video chipsets. I believe Capcom finally let Wayforward release a patch for that, but I'm not sure.

#89981 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4953 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:27 PM

Got my cancellation email and $5 amazon credit for that echo thing. All hail our failing Washington Post overlords

Hell, no Echo and free credit?

Sounds like a win win to me.

#89982 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1513 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:32 PM

^

For me the echo has been incredibly useless. I really only use it for 2 things, 1) turn on the whole entertainment center since it can talk to logitech harmony hubs, 2) play npr news while eating dinner in the rare event no one else is home

Unlike google it seems to have no real searching capabilities, besides what you might add through extra alexa apps, so you can't just ask it questions and get answers. Really makes it seem like just a tool to play your amazon music library, and order more shit from amazon, which I disabled since I dont trust people to not drunkenly order random crap on my account.

At least my dot was free, for work related purposes, otherwise it has no real redeeming qualities unless you're an extremely heavy amazon user

#89983 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13428 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:41 PM

Weeknights are for playing games. Weekends are the times when I do stuff and meet people, but I'm an abrasive douche so I usually come home after, turn on NPR or TED, and assume the fetal position until the pang of loneliness subsides.

#89984 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8611 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:57 PM

Where'd everyone go?

I went to the dentist, and then I spent a few hours watching bad movies with folks I know at /r/badmovies. I saw Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD and A Gnome Named Gnorm. It's fun. The dentist, not so much.

#89985 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4953 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:59 PM

No DLC for Mass Effect Andromeda.

https://www.polygon....dlc-last-update

#89986 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22886 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:02 AM

Well...this sucks.

I guess when I buy ME:A, which could be soon since it's $20 on Origin right now, I won't have to worry about overpriced DLC's or waiting for a Re-Release Edition contain all DLC's. I guess that part ain't too bad.

But, from what I heard, ME:A has some unresolved story + plot stuff - and well, when a game has that stuff, usually DLC's can be a good opportunity to help finish up that stuff. Or, of course, doing a sequel. I guess we won't be seeing DLC's then.

Lord knows when they'll do another ME game, after the way this one flopped.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#89987 jimbofluffy   Dr. Ugly Pants CAGiversary!   561 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

jimbofluffy

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:05 AM

I will probably buy if for $5 then before I buy the DA:I Ultimate Uber edition for $10

5490.png

#89988 GBKeroberos  

GBKeroberos

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:06 AM

Good, let the series die. We need more new IPs, which will then be milked for a decade.

R.I.P. Captain Jack 1962-2005

#89989 spoderman  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:11 AM

Mine shipped, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with this thing. I don't have a use for it

GUtUP1U.jpg

#89990 vlt1p  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:19 AM

Speaking of, the existing DLC is like 59 cents on shady keys. 

#89991 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22886 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:19 AM

I will probably buy if for $5 then before I buy the DA:I Ultimate Uber edition for $10

DAI GOTY (Origin key) has been $7 before on Game UK for digital deals. Y u no buy then?

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#89992 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   9808 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:25 AM

Mine shipped, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with this thing. I don't have a use for it

#89993 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4108 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:41 AM

They must not have given an "official" confirmation at the time, but I'm pretty sure we knew this a couple months ago, right?

Still, surprising they're not making an effort to tack on more microtransactions or character skins or something. The MP must be really dead.

Steams: Wagglesworth       PSN: Taylort210   

#89994 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4354 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:41 AM

Hell, no Echo and free credit?

Sounds like a win win to me.

That's what I thought. I already have one and didn't really need a second one so the $5 is a nice bonus.

fs_overall.png

#89995 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4953 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:45 AM

They must not have given an "official" confirmation at the time, but I'm pretty sure we knew this a couple months ago, right?

Still, surprising they're not making an effort to tack on more microtransactions or character skins or something. The MP must be really dead.

It was a rumor... They didn't confirm till today I'm guessing to not hurt sales.

#89996 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:13 AM

The game had at least one infamous bug where the final fight could not be completed due to some issues with newer video chipsets. I believe Capcom finally let Wayforward release a patch for that, but I'm not sure.

I actually recall that and totally forgot about it. Either I fixed it in advanced (checked out pcgamingwiki before i played it) or it was fixed because it didn't happen to me. I did play it years after it came out.

#89997 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   7927 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:58 AM

Just another heads up, those 8TB external WD drives at Best Buy are now on sale for $159 on their website.

You can pricematch if you got one earlier.

#89998 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   4860 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:10 AM

I personally think the idea that it takes 15-20 hours for a game to "git gud" is bullshit. If it doesn't grab me within an hour or two it's not good. Also, the idea that a response to the combat in TW3 sucks is "focus on the other stuff" is also bullshit. I played 5 minutes of Dark Souls and the combat sucked.

I realize this argument is a month old but some of my favorite games have atrocious combat( planescape torment, sky rim, witcher 3,) but some other games I loved for the combat, like the persona games, resident evil 4 and classic 2 d sidescrollers, castlevania on gba and ds and metroid fusion

Witcher 3 is probably my favorite current gen game
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#89999 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8016 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:53 AM

I realize this argument is a month old but some of my favorite games have atrocious combat( planescape torment, sky rim, witcher 3,) but some other games I loved for the combat, like the persona games, resident evil 4 and classic 2 d sidescrollers, castlevania on gba and ds and metroid fusion

Witcher 3 is probably my favorite current gen game

Funnily enough i was just about to post about W3, as i finished it today. Also funnily enough the referenced argument started because i posted bashing the witcher 3 after playing it for about 8 hours and not getting what was so great about it...it definitely does take about 15 hours or so to really suck you in. It's a great game, some of the best side quests in terms of depth and consistency in any game ever, really good writing, and a ton to do. It's neck and neck with breath of the wild for my favorite game I've played this year, I think W3 has the edge though, its story telling keeps you engaged through the inevitable mechanical repetition that will come with a game that has 150 hours of content in it, whereas BotW does start to grow stale toward the end (at least it did for me). 

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#90000 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8226 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:23 AM

Funnily enough i was just about to post about W3, as i finished it today. Also funnily enough the referenced argument started because i posted bashing the witcher 3 after playing it for about 8 hours and not getting what was so great about it...it definitely does take about 15 hours or so to really suck you in. It's a great game, some of the best side quests in terms of depth and consistency in any game ever, really good writing, and a ton to do. It's neck and neck with breath of the wild for my favorite game I've played this year, I think W3 has the edge though, its story telling keeps you engaged through the inevitable mechanical repetition that will come with a game that has 150 hours of content in it, whereas BotW does start to grow stale toward the end (at least it did for me).

It's because BOTW does nothing better than other games have done before. Without the Zelda name it would have gotten slaughtered in reviews.