* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#90001 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   5827 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:33 AM

It's because BOTW does nothing better than other games have done before. Without the Zelda name it would have gotten slaughtered in reviews.

Zelda:BOTW has the best, most satisfying climbing (and to a lesser extent, exploration, because of it and the paragliding) in any video game. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#90002 indef  

Posted Yesterday, 05:51 AM

Zelda:BOTW has the best, most satisfying climbing (and to a lesser extent, exploration, because of it and the paragliding) in any video game. 

Better than Mount Your Friends?

#90003 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   7965 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:56 AM

It's because BOTW does nothing better than other games have done before. Without the Zelda name it would have gotten slaughtered in reviews.

Eh, disagree. I think the Zelda name buffed it a bit, but it really is a great game. I don't see how the Zelda tag was the difference between it being game of the year and "slaughtered."   In terms of pure exploratory freedom and environment interactivity the game is probably unrivaled. The physics system is pretty crazy, and is also to my knowledge unrivaled in open world games. The climbing system gives the game a vertical nature which means 1) there's more to explore per square foot than other open world games and 2) unlike elder scrolls there are no invisible walls. 

Also, I think the combat is somewhat better in botw than in w3. I also can't think of another open world action adventure game that's as puzzle oriented as botw is. It legitimately does a number of things that have never been done before or have never been done on this scale, and does nearly all of them well. Have you played it? 

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#90004 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   5827 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:04 AM

The defense rests its case.

#90005 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   22332 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:44 AM

Just another heads up, those 8TB external WD drives at Best Buy are now on sale for $159 on their website.

You can pricematch if you got one earlier.

Wow, that's the cheapest the 8TB's have been there.

Approx. $20 per TB is a damn good deal.

I have a EasyStore WD 4TB from before, when that was $80 a while back at BB. Great stuff for archiving & backing-up stuff; especially since these EasyStores usually have WD Reds inside.

Tempted, but not sure if I need this...since I recently bought another 4TB WD External.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#90006 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4664 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted Yesterday, 12:28 PM

I've never really looked at the new Zelda before...  Wish I sort of hadn't.  I don't see anything appealing in it.  An just as equally unappealing art style as Windwaker.

That's just my opinion, not fact and certainly not trolling...  but I just don't see what could be appealing about it.  At least on a TV.

#90007 fastitocalon   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   523 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

fastitocalon

Posted Yesterday, 12:52 PM

BOTW in my opinion was probably the best looking game on an aesthetic level in years.  Something about the style just clicked with me.  Granted, I could have used much less rain lol. 

Twitter #kelkeen

#90008 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1313 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted Yesterday, 01:48 PM

Without the Zelda name it would have gotten slaughtered in reviews.

Honestly, I'm a little confused with your obsession with review scores.  Didn't you have some opinions about the ME:A review scores as well?  If you don't like the game, okay, that's fine, but why should your opinion automatically correlate to the review scores given by others?  Why do you think the people who are paid to objectively review video games are unable to do so?

Currently Playing:  Games

#90009 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   9520 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted Yesterday, 02:04 PM

Why do you think the people who are paid to objectively review video games are unable to do so?

Maybe we need some sort of movement to bring out truth in gaming journalism!

#90010 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   7965 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:27 PM

Maybe we need some sort of movement to bring out truth in gaming journalism!

This is such a great idea. We could call it something like Gamergate!

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#90011 indef  

Posted Yesterday, 03:24 PM

You realize this would end with President Tebowdragon in 2020, right?

#90012 KeeperOfWind  

KeeperOfWind

Posted Yesterday, 03:26 PM

Are people actually taking former league of legends player that got banned for toxic behavior as genuine reviews now?

I've often see people quote Donkey when it comes to Sonic Mania too. 

0Q6AH8u.gif

Spoiler

zNmz5OX.jpg

#90013 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   5827 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:35 PM

Are people actually taking former league of legends player that got banned for toxic behavior as genuine reviews now?

who gives a shit about LoL?

A few of his random youtube videos I have seen linked over the last two years are funny. 

More importantly, in just six minutes his video shows you some of the interesting environmental things that are capable in the game.  That being what the devs call "multiplicative gameplay". 

#90014 KeeperOfWind  

KeeperOfWind

Posted Yesterday, 03:50 PM

A few of his random youtube videos I have seen linked over the last two years are funny. 

As I mention I love his videos, but they're more or less joke/meme tier if anything.

But that's just his background coming from his former videos, his fanbase expects him to be random/stupid for laugh.

He's not somebody I would personally go to for game reviews on anything.

zNmz5OX.jpg

#90015 indef  

Posted Yesterday, 03:59 PM

As I mention I love his videos, but they're more or less joke/meme tier if anything.

But that's just his background coming from his former videos, his fanbase expects him to be random/stupid for laugh.

He's not somebody I would personally go to for game reviews on anything.

Comedy is not a disqualifier for opinions.  Worthabuy guy is probably 25% dick jokes yet he's one of the two youtube jerks I actually watch for video game crap.

#90016 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8005 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:59 PM

Honestly, I'm a little confused with your obsession with review scores.  Didn't you have some opinions about the ME:A review scores as well?  If you don't like the game, okay, that's fine, but why should your opinion automatically correlate to the review scores given by others?  Why do you think the people who are paid to objectively review video games are unable to do so?

Obsession with review scores?

WAT

#90017 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11048 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted Yesterday, 04:02 PM

Weeknights are for playing games. Weekends are the times when I do stuff and meet people, but I'm an abrasive douche so I usually come home after, turn on NPR or TED, and assume the fetal position until the pang of loneliness subsides.

You know all there is to know about the crying game? 

Spoiler

Or just wanting to hold someone until the fear in you subsides? 
Spoiler

#90018 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1313 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted Yesterday, 04:06 PM

Obsession with review scores?

WAT

Hyperbole.

My point: I've seen you call out review scores that you don't agree with multiple times and act like the consensus of people reviewing the games are objectively wrong.

Currently Playing:  Games

#90019 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11048 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted Yesterday, 04:09 PM

I've often see people quote Donkey when it comes to Sonic Mania too. 

0Q6AH8u.gif

Spoiler

Knowing that a tilted "L" placed on the chin is also the ASL sign for "Lesbian", I am very confused by this graphic. 

#90020 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11048 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted Yesterday, 04:12 PM

But do they sell blue coins cheaper in other regions so that you can us VPN to buy cheap coins in other regions and then use said blue coins to purchase games in your region? 

#90021 Motiv   A Deuterium persona CAGiversary!   2255 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:43 PM

For those who missed the last solar eclipse over the US, enjoy this gem of a time capsule video from 1979. 

I wasn't even born yet, but it appears little has changed with human behavior, just the technology.

PSN: Deuterium

#90022 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   7965 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:26 PM

You realize this would end with President Tebowdragon in 2020, right?

In a world where currently 90% of all new spanskys go to the top 1% maybe this would be a good thing

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#90023 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   22332 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:35 PM

Isn't this copyright infringement?

AshotP long ago already trademarked something very similar to that for his digital store...

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#90024 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   9609 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:17 PM

Dead Rising 1 thoughts...

I don't necessarily regret buying it but I prefer Dead Rising 2 OTR in that it still keeps the challenge with timers but you have much better ways to deal with zombies like combo weapons (I was kind of surprised combo weapons weren't a thing in DR1).  Without combo weapons DR1 tends to get boring in that you're almost always carrying around a katana or baseball bat as other weapons tend to be crap.  And in your first playthrough you have to write off quite a few of the survivors/side quests because you simply don't have the time to cut through hordes of zombies to do everything.  I'll probably rush to complete story mode so I can unlock infinite mode and play around a bit.  It is nice to be in a slightly different setting/mall, although there are a lot of stores that are flat out useless and don't have anything that resembles a decent weapon in them.

Verdict: Buy if you're a big fan of the series, avoid if you are a casual fan and already have DR2/DR2 OTR.  I'd rank DR2 OTR>DR3 (played in nightmare mode)>DR2=DR1.  DR4 = ??? but people say it's awful.  I'll let you know when it's sub $15.

#90025 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4223 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:39 AM

Thanks for the video.  I can't believe that after 150 hours + of playing the game, I still haven't seen everything the game has to offer.  Using cuccos to kill enemies is pretty ingenious.  

fs_overall.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free