* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#90601 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9632 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:18 PM

Thanks guys, you've had me looking up video card prices now :lol:  It looks like I can sell my 770 2gb for ~$100 minus fees.  The cheapest new 1060 6gb I can find is $289.  Is it worth it to upgrade now or should I wait for the new cards to come out?  I'm only gaming at 1080p so I think the 1060 will suffice for a couple of years.  I'm just tired of seeing the low video memory warning whenever I play FH3.

I'm in the exact same spot as you dude.  Have a 770.  We should wait for the prices on the 1080s to come down a bit. The other upgrades are incremental and the pricing cycle is in a bad spot right now;  these cards have all been out for a year+.

#90602 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   774 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:26 PM

Anyone have experience with Nier Automata on steam?  It's now on sale @ 35% off which is slighty lower than the summer sale.

Been wanting to play this game but lots of reviews complain about unpatched technical issues.  Cag brethren, what say you?

I bought it during the last sale and the only issue I really noticed in my time with it was the resolution settings being wonky and not filling the screen at 1080. The FAR mod fixes that and a bunch of other things and was easy to install. I loved the game and got all the endings and stuff.

Btw was running this on a 970.

Edited by evful, 05 September 2017 - 07:28 PM.

#90603 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8831 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:45 PM

"Now why would there be a Sakura Humble today of all days?"

header.jpg

Oh.

#90604 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:52 PM

LMAO

http://store.steampo...com/app/612930/

#90605 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11425 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

"Now why would there be a Sakura Humble today of all days?"

Oh.

Wait, what?  This is not a thing that actually happens.

Spoiler

And, yes, I'm more bothered by the improbability of someone showering fully dressed because they're "too tired" than any of the other hijinks.

#90606 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1829 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:57 PM

when it's laundry day but you're too tired after work, makes perfect sense to me 

#90607 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26649 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:36 PM

STALKER Bundle (All three, not all time low, but they don't go on sale like they used to) for $10.00:

https://www.gamersga...lker-collection

Not sure if it's region-locked to UK, but STALKER Bundle's cheaper on Gamersgate UK:

https://www.cheapass...ale/?p=13824587

Gamersgate UK Site Deals:

STALKER Collection [Steam] - 75% off at 5.25 pounds (around $6.80 USD)

Includes STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, and Call of Pripyat.

I don't know if STALKER Collection is region-locked to UK or not.

Unreal Deal Pack [Steam] - 91% off at 2.16 pounds (around $2.80 USD)

Includes Unreal: Gold, Unreal 2, UT: GOTY, UT 2004: Editor's Choice Edition, UT3: Black Edition.

Foxhack claims Unreal Deal Pack is not region-locked.

#90608 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8831 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:47 PM

Unreal isn't locked, I bought it that way.

#90609 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26649 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:52 PM

Unreal isn't locked, I bought it that way.

Awesome. Modified post to reflect your awesome update.

#90610 Wa1terSobchak   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   5118 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Wa1terSobchak

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:05 PM

1. I'm sure I enjoyed the trailer more than I would enjoy the game.

2. Doesn't include Muhammad so....weaksauce...

3. UbZAL83.jpg

#90611 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26649 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:18 PM

Zonitron 10 Game Pack:

I4LPJ-2NXGI-EAJFJ

#90612 Carlmundo   Worthy Adversary CAGiversary!   1069 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:51 PM

Mirage: Arcane Warfare (same devs as Chivalry) will be free for tomorrow only. Enjoy the bro night :)

http://www.pcgamer.c...get-to-keep-it/

#90613 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1488 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:39 PM

Finally sold my twitch prime crate, after steam took their cut I got like $43 or so which is a little over double what I paid for the game. Pubg is the gift that keeps on giving.

#90614 M_A_C   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   358 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:43 PM

Finally sold my twitch prime crate, after steam took their cut I got like $43 or so which is a little over double what I paid for the game. Pubg is the gift that keeps on giving.

I accidentally opened my create because their UI sucks.  Can I just sell the pieces for that much?

#90615 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1488 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:55 PM

I accidentally opened my create because their UI sucks. Can I just sell the pieces for that much?

No idea but the crate price has been going up for the past few days so I imagine you could make some decent money off the individual parts.

#90616 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8834 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:40 AM

Yeah, the Sakura games in general are visual novels. They're fairly short in length, compared to other visual novels available on Steam. 

In fairness most people only need to play it like 30 seconds at a time so whether it's a particularly long game doesn't matter much

#90617 Wa1terSobchak   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   5118 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Wa1terSobchak

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:31 AM

In fairness most people only need to play it like 30 seconds at a time so whether it's a particularly long game doesn't matter much

Hey, it took me at least a minute to finish....the game...

#90618 g.k  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:47 AM

Mirage: Arcane Warfare (same devs as Chivalry) will be free for tomorrow only. Enjoy the bro night :)

Poor devs.

I LOVED Chivalry but found Mirage to be pretty weak. The magic and special abilities really took away from the purity of Chiv's weapons-only combat, and it felt less polished and balanced overall. Seems like they were trying to ride the hero shooter/MOBA-fication trend, to no avail.

#90619 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4208 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:41 PM

"We are proud to announce that Pinball FX3 along with the brand new Universal Classics™ Pinball will be coming to Playstation 4, Xbox One, Windows 10 and Steam on September 26! Import your pinball collection over FREE OF CHARGE and try out the new Challenge modes and Multiplayer features! Join the biggest, most community-driven pinball experience ever!"

Don’t forget to wishlist us on Steam to get notified of the release on September 26!

http://store.steampo...20/Pinball_FX3/

#90620 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6236 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:59 PM

The freebie period has started.

#90621 zenii   cynical sam CAGiversary!   1278 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:17 PM

Am I missing something here?

I reserved a copy of COD:Ghosts at Gamestop since it was on sale for about tree fiddy, which is probably what an old COD game is worth nowadays. Anyway, I went to pick it up yesterday. The clerk pulls out a copy that's clearly unsealed. I point this out, and she tells me that "I can re-wrap it for you if you like". WTF??? I grab the game, open the case, and of course, it's just a couple of discs with no CD key. I tell the clerk that since there's no CD key it's useless. She looks at me like I'm crazy and tells me she's never heard of a CD key before. I try to explain to her that all PC games have CD keys, and the game is unplayable without it, but she isn't having it. Finally the other guy working there walks up and is like "oh yeah it looks like these are supposed to have activation keys". No shit??? Obviously I walked out of there without paying 3 bucks for some useless pieces of plastic.

So anyone else who ordered the $3 COD:Ghosts off Gamestop... I hope you guys don't get opened boxes with no CD keys.

#90622 spoderman  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:25 PM

I reserved a copy of COD:Ghosts at Gamestop since it was on sale for about tree fiddy, which is probably what an old COD game is worth nowadays. Anyway, I went to pick it up yesterday. The clerk pulls out a copy that's clearly unsealed. I point this out, and she tells me that "I can re-wrap it for you if you like". WTF??? I grab the game, open the case, and of course, it's just a couple of discs with no CD key. I tell the clerk that since there's no CD key it's useless. She looks at me like I'm crazy and tells me she's never heard of a CD key before. I try to explain to her that all PC games have CD keys, and the game is unplayable without it, but she isn't having it. Finally the other guy working there walks up and is like "oh yeah it looks like these are supposed to have activation keys". No shit??? Obviously I walked out of there without paying 3 bucks for some useless pieces of plastic.

So anyone else who ordered the $3 COD:Ghosts off Gamestop... I hope you guys don't get opened boxes with no CD keys.

Welcome to GameStop

#90623 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15267 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:27 PM

Welcome 2 GameStop, where the employees gut PC games and take their contents to resell on sites like this.

#90624 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6047 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:30 PM

"We are proud to announce that Pinball FX3 along with the brand new Universal Classics™ Pinball will be coming to Playstation 4, Xbox One, Windows 10 and Steam on September 26! Import your pinball collection over FREE OF CHARGE and try out the new Challenge modes and Multiplayer features! Join the biggest, most community-driven pinball experience ever!"

Don’t forget to wishlist us on Steam to get notified of the release on September 26!
http://store.steampo...20/Pinball_FX3/

Looks like one of the first new tables for it is Jaws. The trailet for it has a Universal Pinball info screen on it so I wouldn't be surprised if we see more tables based upon their IPs.

I'll go ahead and call Universal Monsters bundle being released on or before halloween.

Jaws Trailer
https://youtu.be/DTyTnejp758

ET Trailer
https://youtu.be/jH3jwGhYnho

#90625 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4208 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

Looks like one of the first new tables for it is Jaws. The trailet for it has a Universal Pinball info screen on it so I wouldn't be surprised if we see more tables based upon their IPs.

I'll go ahead and call Universal Monsters bundle being released on or before halloween.

As much as I'd prefer to get more original tables like in the early days of fx, at this point I'll take anything over more star wars and marvel. It's probably optimistic to think that fx3 will be much different from 2 in that regard.

#90626 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:06 PM

Welcome to GameStop

Yep.  Never had that issue myself, but heard of it enough to know it's pretty common.  The last PC game I bought from GS in years was Ass Creed Unity and that was sealed.  Same with the Defiance Collector's Edition I got a few years back. 

#90627 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4208 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:16 PM

Yep.  Never had that issue myself, but heard of it enough to know it's pretty common.  The last PC game I bought from GS in years was Ass Creed Unity and that was sealed.  Same with the Defiance Collector's Edition I got a few years back. 

I had a weird run in at a gs a week or so ago when I bought Mario + Rabbids. I'm used to employees trying to bullshit me in one way or another, but this guy flipped it around on himself. He noticed I had a pre-order in place for the game at another store (from tradein shenanigans most likely) and actually tried to deny me a sale at his store so that I would go pick that copy up at the other store.

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

He even tried to deny me a sale on Yakuza Kiwableh, claiming exorbitant pre-order numbers took all their free copies, but that was to try and trick me into pre-ordering crap. Wata goofball.

Every time I tell myself I'm never going into a gamestop again, some jackass on cag discovers some new way to trade in my old console trash for all the credits.

#90628 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7671 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:43 PM

I had mine shipped and I got all my games yesterday. Axiom Verge was sealed so obviously no issues there, but Song of the Deep and BF4 activated fine as well. Watch Dogs is sealed and COD Ghosts was opened, but it does have the CD key in it. If you're disappointed about not getting the game, I'll sell you my copy since it was more of an impulse purchase anyways.

#90629 zenii   cynical sam CAGiversary!   1278 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:40 PM

Honestly I've never had a problem ordering online from Gamestop. It just figures that one of the few times I go into the store, this happens.

On an added note, experiences like these make me have no sympathy for B&M stores who are closing down due to the popularity of online shopping. If I just wanted to buy something, I'd do it online where it's cheaper and more convenient. If you want me to come into your physical store to buy something, you better offer some service that makes up for the increased cost and lack of convenience.

#90630 xanchui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   551 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:54 PM

Got Dragon Age and Watch Dogs today. Watch Dogs had a key, but DA:I did not =(