* * * * * 81 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#91981 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10904 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:37 PM

Content+DLC joke, etc.

Last night, we played Rainbow Siege Six and did our typical awful job of it.  Bro newbie That Guy aka Angry Polar Bear had to switch accounts so our incompetence wouldn't bomb his platinum ranking.  That probably sets a new kind of record.  Also I spent a million renown on buying IQ some new Barbie clothes and a little flower to pin on her gun.  Manly!  Afterward we played a couple rounds of PUBG to show the new guy that we weren't roundly incompetent and managed to last until the final 10 players (I died last at #5).  Not a win but some shadow of redemption at least.

Tonight is Ice Lakes!  Lord only knows how long we'll last but we played it once before and it got the "Yeah, I'd do this again" seal of middling approval.  Crack open a beer, set it next to your keyboard and settle in for pulling virtual brown bass out of virtual holes in virtual ice.  Then, you know, we'll probably wind up shooting people.

#91982 indef  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

Grim Dawn expansion supposed to be released today.  Don't know about you folks, but I'm pretty stoked for it.

Holy crap, I had no idea this was coming.  Will instabuy, install, then realize I still have a few chapters to complete in the main storyline.

Seriously though, Grim Dawn is fantastic.

#91983 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6201 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

Torchlight 1 & 2 were added to GOG Connect a couple of hours ago. They're available for 72 hours.

#91984 DrR0Ck   Grammar Ass CAGiversary!   1754 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:01 PM

Torchlight 1 & 2 were added to GOG Connect a couple of hours ago. They're available for 72 hours.

Moar GOG Connect games plz.  OK THX!

#91985 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8477 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:19 PM

https://slickdeals.n...-20-after-pm-gc

#91986 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:45 PM

FYI, you have to take the risk and purchase it first. Then they'll adjust. If you try to do it before purchasing its no go. 

Buy it on website then call them (dont do live chat) immediately and they'll process the price match and refund the difference. If they try and say no, threaten to cancel the order. $40 GC ships separately.

You can do instore pick up as well but my local was out of stock.

#91987 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24446 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:56 PM

Moar GOG Connect games plz.  OK THX!

Amen.

Steam version and DRM-Free GOG version = best of both worlds.

#91988 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:10 PM

Content+DLC joke, etc.

Last night, we played Rainbow Siege Six and did our typical awful job of it. Bro newbie That Guy aka Angry Polar Bear had to switch accounts so our incompetence wouldn't bomb his platinum ranking. That probably sets a new kind of record. Also I spent a million renown on buying IQ some new Barbie clothes and a little flower to pin on her gun. Manly! Afterward we played a couple rounds of PUBG to show the new guy that we weren't roundly incompetent and managed to last until the final 10 players (I died last at #5). Not a win but some shadow of redemption at least.

Tonight is Ice Lakes! Lord only knows how long we'll last but we played it once before and it got the "Yeah, I'd do this again" seal of middling approval. Crack open a beer, set it next to your keyboard and settle in for pulling virtual brown bass out of virtual holes in virtual ice. Then, you know, we'll probably wind up shooting people.

On the bright side, we did alright at terrorist hunt!

#91989 Condor80   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4430 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:33 PM

FYI, you have to take the risk and purchase it first. Then they'll adjust. If you try to do it before purchasing its no go.

Buy it on website then call them (dont do live chat) immediately and they'll process the price match and refund the difference. If they try and say no, threaten to cancel the order. $40 GC ships separately.

You can do instore pick up as well but my local was out of stock.

Didn't work for ne. She said I couldn't price match since I already had a gift card. I'll leave the order and then see if I can price match later.

#91990 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24446 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:48 PM

Grim Dawn expansion supposed to be released today.  Don't know about you folks, but I'm pretty stoked for it.

2WW9xVy.png

Did this expansion add loot-boxes to the game...?

#91991 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:29 PM

Did this expansion add loot-boxes to the game...?

Did you hit your head again?

#91992 vlt1p  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:59 PM

If you login to the latest version of geforce experience you're entered in a contest to win a copy of RIME. FYI.

#91993 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24446 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:07 AM

Did you hit your head again?

I wish I did.

#91994 blueArcana   Too fast for freedom CAGiversary!   981 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:15 AM

Amen.

Steam version and DRM-Free GOG version = best of both worlds.

miley-stewart-hannah-montana.gif

#91995 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1484 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:29 AM

Off-Topic: Been awhile since I checked the price of BTC. Was ~$1200 when I sold mine. Now? ~$4800. Just imagine how many Groupees that could've bought... I think I'm gonna be sick.

#91996 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8581 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:58 AM

My Dogecoin are up from last time I checked. :D

Now...

where did I put my wallet...

EDIT:

Though, I think I'm still down a hundred or so if I factor in electricity usage.

EDIT2:

That would mean, adjusted for value, I paid about $40 for 3 crappy coinplay.io bundles...  :lol:

#91997 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8477 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:29 AM

Off-Topic: Been awhile since I checked the price of BTC. Was ~$1200 when I sold mine. Now? ~$4800. Just imagine how many Groupees that could've bought... I think I'm gonna be sick.

It's getting harder and harder to mine (expect them to go higher :( )

#91998 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24446 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:01 AM

My Dogecoin are up from last time I checked. :D

Now...

where did I put my wallet...

Did you leave it in El Segundo?

#91999 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8581 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:03 AM

Is there a joke there?

#92000 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24446 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:26 AM

Is there a joke there?

Reference to a song by A Tribe Called Quest.

#92001 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1484 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:53 AM

Reference to a song by A Tribe Called Quest.

Which tribe?

#92002 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:25 PM

Ghost Recon Wildlands is $14.99 (75% off) on Amazon right now (uPlay version)

https://www.amazon.c...e/dp/B01G7QTGFA

This almost certainly has to be a glitch, unless they're just wanting to undercut Ubi's own 50% off sale as this is easily its lowest ever by a margin and the game is not bad nor did it tank. 

If you're a DLC worrywort, don't with this. One of the two DLC pieces is absolute dogshit (Narco Road), the other one is not mandatory or related to the base game's story in any way and nothing else in it can I even remember so that should tell you how much it matters. The only thing the DLC/pass adds to the base game are a couple of side bosses with a few setup missions (The Unidad Conspiracy and one other) that are easily forgettable.

I beat it a few weeks ago. 105 story missions, an equally massive amount of side missions, and the PVP mode just went live. Its fun if you enjoy stealthy shooty games. Huge map, pretty scenery. Biggest knock are samey enemies/NPCs, jingoistic storyline, and while the open world is gorgeous and big, has areas where nothing is going on.

#92003 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5344 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:55 PM

https://www.amazon.c...e/dp/B01G7QTGFA

This almost certainly has to be a glitch, unless they're just wanting to undercut Ubi's own 50% off sale as this is easily its lowest ever by a margin and the game is not bad nor did it tank. 

If you're a DLC worrywort, don't with this. One of the two DLC pieces is absolute dogshit (Narco Road), the other one is not mandatory or related to the base game's story in any way and nothing else in it can I even remember so that should tell you how much it matters. The only thing the DLC/pass adds to the base game are a couple of side bosses with a few setup missions (The Unidad Conspiracy and one other) that are easily forgettable.

I beat it a few weeks ago. 105 story missions, an equally massive amount of side missions, and the PVP mode just went live. Its fun if you enjoy stealthy shooty games. Huge map, pretty scenery. Biggest knock are samey enemies/NPCs, jingoistic storyline, and while the open world is gorgeous and big, has areas where nothing is going on.

It's having free weekend, so probably steam deal too. 

Super realistic physics too:

6eCWOCi.jpg

It's getting harder and harder to mine (expect them to go higher :( )

I sold my bitcoins when they were less than $10 each.

#92004 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6680 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:44 PM

Meh, in for a Wildlands. Why not.

#92005 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10904 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:49 PM

Last night the bros went fishing in Ice Lakes.  We lasted a solid hour-plus (four 15min periods plus set up times) which is longer than we spend on most stuff.  Bah insisted that he wasn't upset that I caught big fish with my elite skills but then complained when I'd land a big fish.  So we switched to a small fish pond and then to number of fish caught vs weight so everyone's minnows would count.  Fox tied with me there and we left with Fox anxious to buy more stuff with his winnings and fish some more.  People still seemed to enjoy it and it's one of those games that's good in small doses.

Later, we did the usual PUBG thing.  Earlier, the Asian servers were full of hackers using speedhacks, wallhacks, aimbots, etc.  So we went to the NA servers where people were hacking by being better players than us.  Unfair!

Tonight we take arms against the rats of Vermintide. Everyone and their mouse owns this by now so come on by and commit raticide.  Which is totally a word according to Merriam-Webster.  Know what the mouse version is?  Muricide. There's something called a "muricidal test" where they toss a mouse into a rat cage and see if the rat, under the influence of psychiatric medications, kills it.  Something to think about while you're setting spring traps in your garage.  Anyway, Vermintide always gets some players so drop in and commit some sort of -cide with us tonight.  Tomorrow night we return to tradition with Battlefield 1.

#92006 Condor80   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4430 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:08 PM

Last night the bros went fishing in Ice Lakes.  We lasted a solid hour-plus (four 15min periods plus set up times) which is longer than we spend on most stuff.  Bah insisted that he wasn't upset that I caught big fish with my elite skills but then complained when I'd land a big fish.  So we switched to a small fish pond and then to number of fish caught vs weight so everyone's minnows would count.  Fox tied with me there and we left with Fox anxious to buy more stuff with his winnings and fish some more.  People still seemed to enjoy it and it's one of those games that's good in small doses.

Later, we did the usual PUBG thing.  Earlier, the Asian servers were full of hackers using speedhacks, wallhacks, aimbots, etc.  So we went to the NA servers where people were hacking by being better players than us.  Unfair!

Tonight we take arms against the rats of Vermintide. Everyone and their mouse owns this by now so come on by and commit raticide.  Which is totally a word according to Merriam-Webster.  Know what the mouse version is?  Muricide. There's something called a "muricidal test" where they toss a mouse into a rat cage and see if the rat, under the influence of psychiatric medications, kills it.  Something to think about while you're setting spring traps in your garage.  Anyway, Vermintide always gets some players so drop in and commit some sort of -cide with us tonight.  Tomorrow night we return to tradition with Battlefield 1.

The AS servers got sick of us hacking by being better than them so they had to resort to other means.

I'm out for tonight since I don't own Vermintide.  I'm up for PUBG after depending on how long you guys play it though.

#92007 Kelkeen   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   742 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

So is PUBG like way better/more entertaining than Fortnite?  I played that once and was like "mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

#92008 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5475 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:20 PM

I didn't try the PvP, just trying to do too much in other games, but from what I've read/heard its suppose to be pretty damn good. 

#92009 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

So is PUBG like way better/more entertaining than Fortnite?  I played that once and was like "mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

What are you entertained by?

I've not played Fortnite's battle royale mode, but talking to those of us who play PUBG rather religiously, its more cartoony, less intense/tactical, and basically just more casual.

PUBG is not these things. It's incredibly intense at times, you're always on guard, and its just a different vibe, at the same time its incredibly addicting and a boatload of fun even if you have rounds where you're just mauled. If you like tactical games, PUBG is where its at right now. Its always a challenge, never easy, and unforgiving.

#92010 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10904 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:52 PM

I don't mind the cartoon graphics of Fortnite.  My first competitive shooter was TF2 and I probably only stayed with it because the cartoon look made me take it less seriously and not get pissed when I'd die.  I didn't like Fortnite because the controls and aiming sucked, the sounds were annoying and it basically felt like a knock-off version of PUBG.

I like PUBG although probably not with the same dedication as some of the forum devotees.  It's more fruitful point-wise when played solo but much more fun in a squad.  Solo can be tense but it can also be boring; having people to sweep a location with, help look for vehicles and generally just watch your back is more fun (not to mention someone to talk to).