* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#92521 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4108 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:49 PM

gaf gaming side was mostly good. I found a lot of fun discussion and news from there, tbh.

OT was full of political bullshit, from users to mods. It was the sjw snowflake winter wonderland that every conservative talkshow host warns about. Say something a mod doesn't like, and you're banned. Sometimes there were interesting topics there, but I mostly went for the bitching and meltdowns.

Steams: Wagglesworth       PSN: Taylort210   

#92522 spoderman  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:51 PM

Better question is why anyone would have a neogaf account?

Some devs give away their games on there.. There Came an Echo being one of them. Was free on release, and took no effort to get a key, aside from having to create an account in advance.

gaf gaming side was mostly good. I found a lot of fun discussion and news from there, tbh.

OT was full of political bullshit, from users to mods. It was the sjw snowflake winter wonderland that every conservative talkshow host warns about. Say something a mod doesn't like, and you're banned. Sometimes there were interesting topics there, but I mostly went for the bitching and meltdowns.

Yeah it was the best forum on the internet if you wanted to discuss games or stay informed about them. There's a lot of neogaf haters, but it was a good gaming resource if you used it right.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#92523 pantsattack   Grant Thrift Auto CAGiversary!   986 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

pantsattack

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:19 PM

Hello. I guess I'll say hello and see what happens.

#92524 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   3900 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:11 PM

Hello. I guess I'll say hello and see what happens.

RIPORTED!!!

#92525 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22886 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:36 PM

Getting a new laptop (primarily for work) but trying to decide if I just want some cheap-o thing for Word and casual games or a lower end gaming machine like this if I want to fork out another $500.  Anyone have some first hand experience/bought something similar or in this range?

Desktop-wise I'm waiting for the next gen of Nvidia cards at which time I'll get an entirely new system.  Also since when did Microsoft start scamming people with this Office 365 crap?

I have an Acer Nitro Gaming Laptop (i7 Haswell 4720HQ; 16 GB RAM; 4GB 960m; W10) and I love it.

Runs most games at 900p-1080p at somewhere b/t 30-60fps at Medium. I usually lock it down somewhere w/ NVidia Inspector or MSI Afterburner - i.e. 35 fps; 40 fps; 45 fps; 60fps. Depends per game. Also use my HDMI cable and have that connected to a 23'' 1080p HP monitor, when not travelling (i.e. when at home).

For games I can't run on my main W7 desktop for some reason (i.e. Dead Rising 1 PC) or require W10 (i.e. Gears of War 4 PC Demo) - yup, this laptop handles things just fine to suit me.

I'm sure w/ a 1050 Ti mobile equipped, you'd be fine and that would flat-out run much cooler and perform better than my 4GB 960m does (my 960M 4GB is similar to a 700 desktop series card) - NVidia 1000 mobile series supposedly got much closer to the desktop versions, this go around.

My Nitro's great for when I travel somewhere or need a 2nd PC going for some reason.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#92526 KeeperOfWind  

KeeperOfWind

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:45 PM

Even better question, what is neogaf?

zNmz5OX.jpg

#92527 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8611 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:00 PM

I tried getting an account there multiple times and I was always rejected. Meanwhile I saw kids get banned on the first post.

I'll mourn the loss of the forum's information. There were some good tutorials there.

#92528 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1105 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:19 PM

When i first heard about Gaf and their non-inclusive policy, i convinced myself any community like that wasn't worth my time. I'm confident in saying i believe i've made a wise choice staying with sites like CAG, GB, and dare i say... reddit.

Spoiler

#92529 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:08 PM

I'll miss NeoGaf. I didn't participate much outside of their own B/S/T thread but I loved reading their game-specific official threads (OTs) and it was an excellent source of news and information, especially around E3. You had your bad apples and the moderation went overboard at times but in my experience it was generally a friendly and helpful community.

#92530 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6340 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:34 PM

God, there was once some "Post here for a game" thing at NeoGaf and so I went to register.  First was the asinine "real" email address nonsense so I had to eventually apply under my wife's Comcast address (since the account is in her name).  Then, after all that it was "we'll get around to manually reviewing your application in the next seven days".  Seriously?  Fuck that shit, this ain't no country club and your forums aren't remotely that interesting.

What's really weird is how NeoGAF is filled with buffoons taking drive-by potshots and posting inappropriate things that wouldn't fly on any forum that was reasonably moderated.  That place was a harbor for opinionated and angst-y adults, much like a Facebook comments section.  They have all sorts of rules and mods ban anyone on a whim. 

It took me five weeks to get accepted using my .edu college email address from ten years prior. 

I tried getting an account there multiple times and I was always rejected. Meanwhile I saw kids get banned on the first post.

I'll mourn the loss of the forum's information. There were some good tutorials there.

Yep, instabans for no reason.  If they didn't like the way you carried yourself. 

The only thing GAF was good for was for breaking industry news and rumors discussion on a particular subject.  Or the occasional game specific thread for a new release you were playing. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#92531 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19858 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:11 AM

I think I registered for NeoGaf once and had to use my old school email address, but then they did away with accounts for alums and so I forgot my password and that was that.  Never liked them for all their rules and elitist BS.  So I hope they all die after the forum is permanently closed.  

I don't remember the VGTalk beef, but I'm glad I missed it or I would have caught some bodies.  

Mooby, get a cheapo laptop,  You'll never play games on it anyway.  Don't waste the money.  Buy a refurb HP Elitebook.  

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#92532 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8226 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:42 AM

Just a heads up for everyone getting Destiny 2.

Hope you weren't looking forward to PVP.  Bungie stated they arent removing/changing Aim Assist from the beta, so ppl will be using Xpadder with KB/M to make their game think they are using a controller to get Aim Assist with their Keyboard & Mouse.

#92533 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22886 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:15 AM

Just a heads up for everyone getting Destiny 2.

Hope you weren't looking forward to PVP.  Bungie stated they arent removing/changing Aim Assist from the beta, so ppl will be using Xpadder with KB/M to make their game think they are using a controller to get Aim Assist with their Keyboard & Mouse.

Ummmm, is Destiny 2 PC $10 yet...?

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#92534 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11098 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:30 AM

Because um, ethics in videogame journalism is super important to them? Or you know, they're banned from Gamefaqs, Gamespot, IGN, and Kotaku? 

#92535 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8226 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:35 AM

Destiny isn’t a game you buy when it’s super cheap.

#92536 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22886 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:51 AM

Okay, $20 maybe...?

#92537 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4955 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:58 AM

At this rate I don't think it's a game you buy period...

#92538 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22886 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:06 AM

At this rate I don't think it's a game you buy period...

Yeah, it's more like a rental.

I blame that always online DRM thing.

Especially if its online-plug ever gets pulled and it never gets an offline mode.

#92539 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13428 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:19 AM

I didn't get that either about neogaf. Why couldn't they manually approve within an hour/or a day? What were their Admins & Mods doing in that time for you to have to wait 7 days for? I heard years back it took about 6 months or a year just to get approved like wtfff???

I guess they were all getting sexually harassed.

#92540 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7496 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:20 AM

Yeah, it's more like a rental.

I blame that always online DRM thing.

Especially if its online-plug ever gets pulled and it never gets an offline mode.

I don't think Destiny 2 is the type of game you rent either. I'm really not sure it's your kind of game at all, to be honest.

752200.png
76561198023514531.png

#92541 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22886 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:24 AM

I don't think Destiny 2 is the type of game you rent either. I'm really not sure it's your kind of game at all, to be honest.

If the plug is pulled and the online-only don't get pulled, then your "purchase" basically became a "rental" - you know, always online DRM and all.

Still waiting for offline mode for Tabula Rasa, TSW/SWL, D3 PC. Yup, I'll probably have to wait forever.

Actually, I thought the Destiny 2 PC Beta was damn good.

#92542 weretable   I'm free, free fallin' CAGiversary!   525 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:49 AM

There are times I would genuinely like to strangle you...

#92543 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22886 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:55 AM

There are times I would genuinely like to strangle you...

giphy.gif

#92544 smackattack   Seriously? CAGiversary!   1148 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:56 AM

Yeah, my desire to buy or play Battlefront II has somewhat tapered off. I like Star Wars but I wouldn't say I'm a Star Wars geek or extremist. Loot box progression is getting a little out of control and I've almost reached my fill with plenty of other games doing the same thing. I waited on Battlefront, so I can wait on Battlefront II.

I believe the bro consensus was it was a competent game,  looked good,  but noway a day 1 fakey puchase even for star wars fans.  I believe $30 was the buy price on this game and honestly,  i dont think we will have to wait beyond xmas to see that price on PC.  Even that loon cheaplikeafox who hasnt seen star wars thought it was ok.

#92545 weretable   I'm free, free fallin' CAGiversary!   525 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:09 AM

The weird card upgrade system that may or may not make Battlefront 2 P2W was enough to make me steer clear of it for a while.  Not like I have a lack of games to play.

Edited by weretable, 23 October 2017 - 05:10 AM.

#92546 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:18 AM

I believe the bro consensus was it was a competent game,  looked good,  but noway a day 1 fakey puchase even for star wars fans.  I believe $30 was the buy price on this game and honestly,  i dont think we will have to wait beyond xmas to see that price on PC.  Even that loon cheaplikeafox who hasnt seen star wars thought it was ok.

Yep.

As for the Star Cards nonsense, they did the same thing in the first game, but it was handled differently. I'm not touching BFII for a while. I want it for the campaign more than anything else. It may even be one I'd be content waiting longer for, depending on reception. Day one is basically a hell no unless its dirt cheap/glitched/etc.

#92547 spoderman  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:34 AM

Hex Phase dev put a suicide note as an easter egg in his game, and claimed he was going to kill himself 3 weeks ago..

https://www.reddit.c...ote_easter_egg/

Game got delisted a few hours ago but you can still buy it here

GUtUP1U.jpg

#92548 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1105 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:01 AM

Just finished Shadow of War. Not better than Shadow of Mordor but still fun. For me it was worth it at $33 or whatever gmg sold it for, but I think it's worth grabbing at $15 or less. Just a warning that last part is grindey as Fuck ! If i wasn't using a trainer, I don't think i could have finished it. 

Spoiler

#92549 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4955 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:02 AM

Just finished Shadow of War. Not better than Shadow of Mordor but still fun. For me it was worth it at $33 or whatever gmg sold it for, but I think it's worth grabbing at $15 or less. Just a warning that last part is grindey as Fuck ! If i wasn't using a trainer, I don't think i could have finished it. 

Spoiler

I think grindy as Fuck is what they were hoping for... but you were suppose to buy loot boxes with real money and not use a trainer.

#92550 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4955 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:06 AM

Game got delisted a few hours ago but you can still buy it here

Is that what the family is asking for in lieu of flowers?