* * * * * 81 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#93421 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10904 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:53 PM

Yesterday I even got impatient and recycled some shitty ski mask so I could have enough crafting material to craft a cosmetic and when I did...I got a second shitty cowboy hat.

Keep in mind that 1 crate grinds down into one common crafting material and ten common materials = 1 uncommon item.  So your item will almost always be pretty unimpressive if you're using your first tier of crate grindings.  A lot of ski masks and head bands.  Still, it's something to do with them.

#93422 GauRocks  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:58 PM

Keen Dreams  has been placed back up for sale and achievements are back and functional again.

Nightdive Studios seems to be publisher now.

Too bad this isn't the kind of news that gaming media outlets would pick up.  I can just imagine the headlines.  "Nightdive rescues Keen Dreams from Gayben's Flatulent Asshole"

#93423 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4459 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:30 PM

You guys actually exceeded my expectations

Is that good or bad? I'll assume good... Anyways cant wait for the crappy Steam fall sale... AMIRITE!?!?

#93424 weretable   I have long conversations with housecats CAGiversary!   806 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:33 PM

Buyer beware with this.

/r/datahoarders reports that these are a new sku (end in NEBB and is only available online) than the ones that have red/white labeled reds (end in NESN and is available in store).  AFAIK no one has checked the new sku (it's only been available full price before now) and reported the drive type. 

EDIT:

Did you try doing a price match?

Even though the sku is different, you might get lucky.

I'll find out soon enough.  It was cheap enough that I decided whatever was in it, I'd use it as WD intended (as an external) as I always have more than one backup of anything important anyway.

I tried earlier on the phone and had no luck.  If I am in the area I might try in the store too.  Worth the effort for fifty bucks.

#93425 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:42 PM

Cheap keyboard mouse combos, $10 after rebates:

https://www.amazon.c...S/dp/B01CDYAGSG

Amazon has the green LED one, Newegg has blue and red.  "mem-chanical" switches.  Hey, it's $10.  

Where are the spanish keyboards Pedro.... I told you to stop eating anos... can't be that hard.

#93426 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1330 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:27 PM

What are your thoughts on the braided cable? I've seen alot of people talk about cable drag and that it's too stiff and not flexible enough.

I suppose I could see where those people are coming from, but personally it doesn't bother me cause my G403 is plugged into the USB port on my G710+ keyboard so the majority of the mouse's cable is just lying bunched together on my desk.  If I had it plugged into my desktop, though, yeah I suppose the cable's stiffness could be a little annoying.

#93427 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20771 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:37 PM

Weiler's mom has never had a problem with my stiff cable.

#93428 vlt1p  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:49 PM

Cheap keyboard mouse combos, $10 after rebates:

https://www.amazon.c...S/dp/B01CDYAGSG

Amazon has the green LED one, Newegg has blue and red.  "mem-chanical" switches.  Hey, it's $10.  

I don't need this but geez, 10 bucks.

#93429 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8581 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:55 PM

pizza

aYzZ4ns.gif

#93430 DrR0Ck   Grammar Ass CAGiversary!   1754 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:22 PM

aYzZ4ns.gif

I think I was chased by those sparkler holding, dancing pizza people in the last Silent Hill game.

#93431 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8581 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:28 PM

The scariest thing is that pizza looks like it has pineapple and Canadian bacon.

#93432 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10553 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:34 PM

Anyone play Hearthstone that wants an 80g play a friend kwa-est rewardzzzzz?  Usual peeps in this thread and on my friends list haven't been logging in as of late.

#93433 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24445 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:45 PM

I've got my eye on the G403. Wired for $35, Wireless for $40. Both seem pretty close to historical lows. Tried it out in store a week or so ago and was happy to find out that it felt comfortable to use and reasonably close to the MX518 that I've been on for ~10 years.

I have the G403 Prodigy (USB Wired). I love it. While I do wish it had more buttons on the side and/or on the top left (i.e. see the 502 Proteus' design; I really want *that* mouse) - it's easily the best 5-6 button mouse that I've ever used. Certainly beats my Rosewill Jet Gaming Mouse. Not even close.

It comes w/ a small 10g weight - so if you need the mouse to have more weight to it, you can throw that weight in there on the very bottom of the mouse. There's a little slot, where the weight can go. Or, if you like it lighter (which is how I like my mouse), just don't put the weight in there.

I also love the Logitech Gaming Software that you can use with it (you have to fetch that online) - you can set-up templates for games, use them for other games (good for if you want one FPS to play like another), create actual profiles for each game, or whatever you desire.

In Logitech, I trust.

EDIT:

I have the G600 MMO. It's bulky and has a real learning curve to get used to - since it's bigger than most mice and also has tons of keys on the left side of it. But, I only now really use that if I have a game where I really feel like I need to stick tons of keys on the left side of the mouse. 

I really want that G502 Proteus (with 11 buttons all over the mouse), which looks like it could be a possible nice go-between for the G403 (around 5-6 buttons) and G600 (i.e. 12 buttons or so on the left and a few more elsewhere)

#93434 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24445 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:51 PM

I suppose I could see where those people are coming from, but personally it doesn't bother me cause my G403 is plugged into the USB port on my G710+ keyboard so the majority of the mouse's cable is just lying bunched together on my desk.  If I had it plugged into my desktop, though, yeah I suppose the cable's stiffness could be a little annoying.

I have the G710+. Love it.

I do like G710+ better than the G213 Membrane KB. G213 is certainly quieter and feels similar to the G710+, but the G710+ has an edge. G710+ just feels a little bit more responsive and I feel like I know better from the feels of the keys (and I can really hear it, since they are loud) when I actually hit the keys (since they're MX Blues on the 710+) - which feels very important for when I play shooting games like Mass Effect: Andromeda or Quantum Break.

Though, I do like the G213's RGB lighting schemes and other optional things I can do w/ the keyboard. Not a big deal, though - as I prefer performance (from the G710+) over the coolness factor of the lighting (on the G213).

#93435 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1484 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:54 PM

Yes, but that was different kind of ass; I was much more comfortable being THAT ass.

i like ur aaaassss

#93436 jimbofluffy   Dr. Ugly Pants CAGiversary!   580 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

jimbofluffy

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:20 PM

Personally, I'm finding bundles less and less appealing.  Like IG is all trash, I don't even check IG anymore.  Not willing to pay $1 for one game I want that's probably worth .10 at most.  Groupees been trash.  The only good Bundlestars tend to be pay $3-4 for a game that would be $4-5 at 75% off and then get a ton of other games that aren't bad but you wouldn't have bought otherwise.  Humble $1 tier can still be good from time to time, but the BTA and high tiers are never really worth it because I am paying for stuff I wouldn't buy otherwise.  

First I cut Groupees, then IG.  Bundle stars has been less interesting (wait does it even exist anymore?!), and Humble has been maybe $1 buys.  I might give the monthly one shot under IGN, because I am a sucker.

No wonder my coin collection has been growing again...

#93437 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10553 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:28 PM

Voken#1125

Americas

Well, thanks for helping me complete that.  Could have done without the snotty commentary and BM slow roll at the end.  Ah well.  CAG drama and someone else to mute.

#93438 Voken   I was PROMISED taco trucks on every corner! CAGiversary!   1245 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:33 PM

Mooby blocked me PMing him on CAG so here it is

Hey man,
Sorry if I came across as a jerk there. I recognized the deck you were playing as discard warlock which is countered by my Quest warlock and was just having fun. Didn't realize that you were going to be so sensitive so I just want to formally apologize. My bad.

#93439 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1484 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:36 PM

Mooby blocked me PMing him my apology so here it is

#93440 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3397 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:40 PM

What are the fakey thoughts on Far Cry 5 from GamersGate using Zgold? I think I got an email about some such shit the other day, but cannot find it now.

#93441 Voken   I was PROMISED taco trucks on every corner! CAGiversary!   1245 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:49 PM

Spoiler

I don't understand the reference Treybot, are you suggesting that my apology was somehow sarcastic or an non-apology? 

It was 1 game of hearthstone that Mooby lost and felt immediately offended. Thus, he promptly blocked me (and made a post about his woeful experience) so I just want to be the adult here and let him know that I recognize I was being the jerk and tell him that I'm sorry.

If he still feels offended after that, then whatever, I've done what I can. 

#93442 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1484 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:57 PM

I don't understand the reference Treybot, are you suggesting that my apology was somehow sarcastic or an non-apology? 

No, the Warlock stuff. Sorry, I don't play Magic.

#93443 indef  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:58 PM

What are your thoughts on the braided cable? I've seen alot of people talk about cable drag and that it's too stiff and not flexible enough.

I love the 502, but the cable braiding is trash.  I'm on my 4th or 5th 500 series mouse, all but one have had the same problem:  Eventually, the braiding frays and has a very good chance of pinching the USB cable to the point of breakage.  

Here's a pic of my current 502 Spectrum cable.

Spoiler

Average life expectancy is 18 to 36 months based on my abusage, so I always buy Best Buy's Indef Proof $20 warranty and swap it out for a new one every two years.  I like the mouse enough to put up with the exchange hassle.

#93444 travathian   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1891 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:03 AM

Why does your mouse have a wire attached to it?

#93445 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1484 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:03 AM

Why does your mouse have a wire attached to it?

For playing idling games.

#93446 Voken   I was PROMISED taco trucks on every corner! CAGiversary!   1245 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:04 AM

No, the Warlock stuff. Sorry, I don't play Magic.

I see. So for reference, in Hearthstone Mooby was playing Discard Warlock which centers around making your opponent discard the cards in his/her hand. 

My deck, Quest Warlock, is center around this card.

55447-lakkari-sacrifice.png

It's a bad deck that I just play for fun because it rarely wins. So yeah, the match was pretty one-sided.

#93447 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4275 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:28 AM

Call me crazy but could you not argue that buying 1 or 2 games you like is much better than buying many that barely qualify as games at all?

Every time I come here, I read saddening tales like this... and then someone posts a Coral JPEG :-P

You deserve better than Coral jpegs, Carl.

ptUVlJj.gif

#93448 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20771 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:30 AM

I love the 502, but the cable braiding is trash.  I'm on my 4th or 5th 500 series mouse, all but one have had the same problem:  Eventually, the braiding frays and has a very good chance of pinching the USB cable to the point of breakage.  

Here's a pic of my current 502 Spectrum cable.

Spoiler

Average life expectancy is 18 to 36 months based on my abusage, so I always buy Best Buy's Indef Proof $20 warranty and swap it out for a new one every two years.  I like the mouse enough to put up with the exchange hassle.

The annual Indef family trip to Best Buy:

Grad-Party-Wagon-Ride-1250.jpg

#93449 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20771 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:33 AM

Mooby blocked me PMing him on CAG so here it is

Hey man,
Sorry if I came across as a jerk there. I recognized the deck you were playing as discard warlock which is countered by my Quest warlock and was just having fun. Didn't realize that you were going to be so sensitive so I just want to formally apologize. My bad.

You jerk, don't you know how much money it costs Mooby to have the Geek Squad on the phone during the match to give him Hearthstone advice?  

What are the fakey thoughts on Far Cry 5 from GamersGate using Zgold? I think I got an email about some such shit the other day, but cannot find it now.

Wait to see if it gets Nvidia GPU bundled and see if you can have someone activate it for you on your account unless you have a 1070 ot 1080 yourself.  I mean it's not bad, but doing 10% off when they used to do 20% off Ubi pre-orders is kind of lame. 

#93450 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1484 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:36 AM

You jerk, don't you know how much money it costs Mooby to have the Geek Squad on the phone during the match to give him Hearthstone advice?  

Are you kidding me? Mooby can't afford that! He just watches videos on YouTube.