* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#93691 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4955 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:07 PM

Outcast - Second Contact released on Steam!

http://store.steampo...Second_Contact/

I am a huge fan of the original game.  It has finally received a true remake.  A must-buy for me once I can wrangle up enough card monies.

Does it have loot boxes?

#93692 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   3900 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:13 PM

Actually, the "Refund" button is behind a paywall... you only need 300,000 Crystals(EABucks) to have it appear.....AMIRITE?!?!?!?

#93693 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   3973 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:43 PM

I am a huge fan of the original game. It has finally received a true remake. A must-buy for me once I can wrangle up enough card monies.

Nice! I always wanted to play the original game, back in the day. Now it's the perfect excuse to do it! Will wait for the discount

#93694 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3713 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:20 PM

Keep them ideas coming!

You should dress them up in the prettiest princess dresses you have and record yourself having a tea party with them.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#93695 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2366 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:05 PM

I am a huge fan of the original game.  It has finally received a true remake.  A must-buy for me once I can wrangle up enough card monies.

remake doesn't have enough voxels

#93696 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6340 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:09 PM

Pretty big news:

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#93697 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5585 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:12 PM

EA has removed the refund button from their customer portal. Hoping people will just give up canceling because of the 60+ minute wait time to live shat support.

Shaq-Fu that.

XBL: Z 5aber

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber

Uplay: Z-Saber

Origin: Z_Saber_64

Battle.net BattleTag: Zsaber#11913

PSN: Zsaber64

#93698 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   7927 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:38 PM

Or just not buy it because you didn't enjoy shitting your pants the first time.

But what if I enjoyed it the second time?

#93699 lakers714  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:41 PM

Pretty big news:

WTF No just no 

162cE.gif

r5gKEIn.gif

#93700 blueArcana   So glad The Cheat is not dead CAGiversary!   885 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:16 PM

Outcast - not Outlast.  if you shit your pants during Outcast, maybe you should see a doctor.

63283f5230d2588517793a306520560d.gif

blueArcana.png

#93701 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8611 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:56 PM

Pretty big news:

THAT ISN'T DANNY DEVITO'S VOICE

Fuck THIS SHIT

#93702 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2366 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:55 PM

Shaq-Fu that.

It's because the game is almost out so they've charged cards, and once a charge has occurred you have to call to cancel and get a refund.

I mean, look, Battlefront 2 is a goddamn mess, but this isn't some sort of insidious trick. Everything else about the game is.

#93703 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4108 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:57 PM

THAT ISN'T DANNY DEVITO'S VOICE

Fuck THIS SHIT

Someone gotta splice a BJ Blascowicz monologue over that trash.

Steams: Wagglesworth       PSN: Taylort210   

#93704 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3015 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:07 PM

I mean, look, Battlefront 2 is a goddamn mess, but this isn't some sort of insidious trick. Everything else about the game is.

It's EA... so... 

I-dont-believe-you.gif

r1xS4WP.gif

#93705 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   7927 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:18 PM

I should watch that movie again.

#93706 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2366 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:22 PM

It's EA... so... 

I-dont-believe-you.gif

r1xS4WP.gif

right, why bother with common sense when you can ride an outrage train instead

#93707 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4108 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:35 PM

right, why bother with common sense when you can ride an outrage train instead

I would argue that hiding the option to even request a refund is fairly insidious in and of itself. Whether or not they've been doing this for years, months, or the last few days is irrelevant.

Steams: Wagglesworth       PSN: Taylort210   

#93708 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22886 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:41 PM

Thank you for this MyD!  I just won the internet!

Well, it's the Internet...so you didn't really win much.

So, you can have this one...

voqJvL.gif

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#93709 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2366 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:52 PM

I would argue that hiding the option to even request a refund is fairly insidious in and of itself. Whether or not they've been doing this for years, months, or the last few days is irrelevant.

For digital preorders I can understand it. The issue is more that, with all of the problems plaguing Battlefront 2, why focus on their site UI? The loot boxes are still completely fucked, as are the costs for the heroes even after the 75% reduction. Get mad about that, not that they disable cancelling shortly before release, like pretty much any other retailer would do.

#93710 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3015 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:11 PM

For digital preorders I can understand it. The issue is more that, with all of the problems plaguing Battlefront 2, why focus on their site UI? The loot boxes are still completely fucked, as are the costs for the heroes even after the 75% reduction. Get mad about that, not that they disable cancelling shortly before release, like pretty much any other retailer would do.

1)  Don't forget that with the 75% reduction to point cost, MANY sites are reporting they also reduced total point GAIN by 75%.  (i.e. Reportedly the story gives you 20,000 for completion.  Now it gives you a paltry 5,000)

2)  "any other retailer" gives me back my money.  Amazon?  I can cancel until it ships/emails.  Old D2D?  Same thing.  Best buy?  Same.  For digital codes, no site has ever "locked" me in.  Hell even STEAM lets me cancel up to 2 hrs played (and sometimes more).

It's just the shenanigans as a whole that is just maddening.  I knew this was going to be how things turned out when Disney signed EA.  And then EA has done nothing with regards to their image for years.  But this time... man... enough is enough.

#93711 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2366 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:19 PM

1)  Don't forget that with the 75% reduction to point cost, MANY sites are reporting they also reduced total point GAIN by 75%.  (i.e. Reportedly the story gives you 20,000 for completion.  Now it gives you a paltry 5,000)

2)  "any other retailer" gives me back my money.  Amazon?  I can cancel until it ships/emails.  Old D2D?  Same thing.  Best buy?  Same.  For digital codes, no site has ever "locked" me in.  Hell even STEAM lets me cancel up to 2 hrs played (and sometimes more).

It's just the shenanigans as a whole that is just maddening.  I knew this was going to be how things turned out when Disney signed EA.  And then EA has done nothing with regards to their image for years.  But this time... man... enough is enough.

But they didn't always do that. Steam refunds are a relatively new thing. PSN, I'm pretty sure, doesn't let you cancel ever without jumping through some hoops. I don't know, because I've never preordered anything from PSN. No idea what the situation is on Xbox, either. And sure, you can cancel from Amazon... Before it ships. I would guess, on EA's part, they've marked this as the cutoff  ("ship", metaphorically) date because of preloading or something.

Digital purchases have been virulently anti-consumer in almost every way possible until recently. They still are in many ways.

Again, I'm not saying they SHOULD do this. You seem to think I'm endorsing it. I'm saying I understand why this would happen, and it's far from the most predatory thing in this saga.

#93712 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10069 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:24 PM

Get mad about that, not that they disable cancelling shortly before release, like pretty much any other retailer would do.

Presumably the people canceling are already mad about that, thus the (stymied) attempts to cancel.

#93713 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2366 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:36 PM

Presumably the people canceling are already mad about that, thus the (stymied) attempts to cancel.

Well sure, but you still can -- there's even a way to get around talking to customer support, shown in a post on reddit (which I had to look at to see this mythical downvoted EA post. It was worth it), but I think a lot of the outrage is from people on the outside watching it go down. I doubt more than 5% of people have cancelled, and even that number seems high for such a big release.

Right now it seems like they're beating the "PROMOTING GAMBLING IN A GAME TARGETED AT CHILDREN" drum, which is a very Maude Flanders approach, but it might work. I dunno.

e: also that post reminds me that Origin does have a refund policy, and had it before Steam did. So really that handwringing is extra moot because you could just refund it immediately upon release. And you should.

#93714 Treybot   Armchair developer CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:38 PM

Pretty big news:

"Pikachu, why won't you get in your Poké Ball?"

"It's because... it's because freedom gives me a sense of pride and accomplishment.

#93715 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   3900 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:44 PM

source.gif

#93716 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19858 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:47 PM

Pretty sure preorders could start playing the game a few days early and that's why they did this. Makes sense. Other companies have done the shitty unlock grind wall before. RSS starter pack is pretty damn horrid. People just hate EA, fanboy over Star trek, so that's why we have all the nerd rage.

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#93717 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8226 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:49 PM

Everyone had a right to rage over EAs shit tactics. They lied about everything. Even their showcase of tip and tricks showed 1/4 of the cost of items...then release comes out and BAM! Shit costs 5-6x the price.

Oh. Also a limit on how much acres it you can get via playing the game?! Upon hitting said cap you won’t gain more for a set amount of time (hours...)

#93718 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1513 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:04 AM

Pretty sure preorders could start playing the game a few days early and that's why they did this. Makes sense. Other companies have done the shitty unlock grind wall before. RSS starter pack is pretty damn horrid. People just hate EA, fanboy over Star trek, so that's why we have all the nerd rage.

The rss starter is pretty bad, but at least its at a pretty steep discount, Im sure this outrage would be different if EA offered a BF2 version at 65% off with the high grind wall vs. full price for no grind, which doesn't even exist in this case. Besides the option of the high grind was added long past the initial release as well, its not like it was ever there by default

#93719 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10069 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:14 AM

Plus (if I recall correctly) the R6 starter pack came out well after the game launched.  It was a way for people to get into the game who already decided that they didn't want to pay for the base game.

#93720 Garrion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:41 AM

For the whopping two other people in here who might care, GamersGate has the .hack remaster that was recently released on sale for 19% off.  If you pay with Razer zGold funnybucks, you can get the price down to $30 thanks to the additional discount and the top-up sale Razer is running right now.  Not a horrible deal from a content/price ratio if you're into games like this.

Now back to your regularly scheduled EA poopathon...