* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#93901 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   9894 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:26 AM

So I dared to venture into the place known as 'outside' and bought one of those $10 Second Harvest bags while grocery shopping.  Sent off receipt to that Hunger Clock promo -- will let you know if I got scammed into donating to charity!

Got the key.  Only took about a couple of hours.  And I guess they have some random number roll because they said I rolled a 20 and gave me five bonus keys from stuff people donated.  Will sift through those and probably dump them on muh Steam activity feed.

Edit: Keys posted on muh Steam Friends feed: WWE 2K16, Stronghold Crusader 2, Machinarium Collector's Edition, Redemption: Eternal Quest, and Dungeon Nightmares II.

#93902 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5166 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:26 AM

Would you rather play Pregnancy?

Yes, actually. Make of that what you will. 

1819.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#93903 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23136 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:14 AM

Yeah, even for free that looks awful. 

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. So, when will Virginia and Rad Rogers: World One hit HumbleBundle $1 tier?

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#93904 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2451 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:41 AM

I missed the D2 discussion but quick reminder there is a game just called D2. It is not great.

#93905 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8664 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:32 AM

The Last Blade 2 on Steam since yesterday (and it's not DotEmu)

oya.gif

#93906 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20013 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 06:18 AM

We played the deep helm map of KF2 today and omg did the nerds start coming out of the library:

Bah:  Hobbits are only between 2 and 4 feet tall and if they have pointy ears they are called elfs.

Duke: OMG, Bah, it's pronounced alf!

Bah: I hope you choke on saran's palpatine!

Duke: I should know, I live in New Zealand and it's practically Narnia!

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#93907 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5068 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 19 November 2017 - 06:51 AM

So I have nearly 3000 steam cards to idle...  Which is the best program for this?  (I thought one had a glitch where if you stopped/started it really quickly it could idle a ton of cards quickly.)

#93908 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   880 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:17 AM

idlemaster - one with the supposed glitch

http://www.steamidlemaster.com/

most people moved to 

archi steam farm (does not have "glitch") but  it has more support

https://github.com/J...wiki/Setting-up

in the FAQ there is a discussion about ASF vs Idlemaster

https://github.com/J...amFarm/wiki/FAQ

#93909 DukeEdwardI   Whose Queens? CAGiversary!   2175 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

DukeEdwardI

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:43 AM

Good luck getting the idlemaster glitch to work. I had to dig through 18 month old steam thread posts trying to discover the secret of this supposed glitch. As far as I know, there's no way to reliably get it work, it's completely random.

#93910 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:08 AM

Good luck getting the idlemaster glitch to work. I had to dig through 18 month old steam thread posts trying to discover the secret of this supposed glitch. As far as I know, there's no way to reliably get it work, it's completely random.

It absolutely still works. I was doing it earlier in the week. 

I assume you already know whether or not you have to idle games before drops? If you've ever gotten a refund, typically in the last year, you'll have a 3 hour minimum playtime rule before you can start getting drops for a particular game. Then you can get the glitch to work. It used to be 2 hours, but its now 3. This is a problem with Idlemaster since it is not being developed anymore and its only going to do it for 2. 

What I typically do is I click every 2-3 seconds in between games to get it "primed", think of it like a lawnmower where you have to pull the cord to get it started. Once the drops start, then slow it down to 3-4 seconds between games. Sometimes it will "break" and you'll have to restart Steam, but you can always get it restarted. If I get impatient, I'll do batches of 5, where I'll change games quickly up to 5, wait for a few drops, and then do it again. Prime it and then fall into a rhythm. When you get to the last game in your queue, go to settings and choose a new order i.e. "Idle the games with the highest value first" etc. Just change the selection in between each pass. So if you have 20 games you're trying to get cards on, when you get to #19, switch that selection, this way it doesnt reset and you can keep the rhythm going.

If you are on a delay, Id recommend installing ASF (ArchisSteamFarm). This is generally a much better tool for idling, but the glitch I find is harder to pull off in it. What I do is do my "mass" idle in ASF so it gets a bunch of games to the time needed to start getting drops, and then I switch to Idle Master to do the glitch. 200+ cards in 15 minutes.

Here's a video on how to install ASF. Its pretty easy, but its not a regular download an exe and install situation. There's also links to DL etc. if you watch it direct on Youtube in his description.

#93911 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5068 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:16 AM

Cool, thanks all. 

Oh, if anyone is interested in Newegg's Black Friday sale.  Here's the ad:

https://promotions.n.../index.html#p=1

Nothing too crazy in my opinion but the upgrades I can afford to do for my PC are really limited right now.  Not enough/no need for anything major and I have no desire to for a first gen current gen console.

#93912 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23136 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:44 PM

$30 for a LG Internal BR Burner sounds good to me, when NewEgg decides to throw it up.

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#93913 spoderman  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:53 PM

It absolutely still works. I was doing it earlier in the week. 

I assume you already know whether or not you have to idle games before drops? If you've ever gotten a refund, typically in the last year, you'll have a 3 hour minimum playtime rule before you can start getting drops for a particular game. Then you can get the glitch to work. It used to be 2 hours, but its now 3. This is a problem with Idlemaster since it is not being developed anymore and its only going to do it for 2. 

What I typically do is I click every 2-3 seconds in between games to get it "primed", think of it like a lawnmower where you have to pull the cord to get it started. Once the drops start, then slow it down to 3-4 seconds between games. Sometimes it will "break" and you'll have to restart Steam, but you can always get it restarted. If I get impatient, I'll do batches of 5, where I'll change games quickly up to 5, wait for a few drops, and then do it again. Prime it and then fall into a rhythm. When you get to the last game in your queue, go to settings and choose a new order i.e. "Idle the games with the highest value first" etc. Just change the selection in between each pass. So if you have 20 games you're trying to get cards on, when you get to #19, switch that selection, this way it doesnt reset and you can keep the rhythm going.

If you are on a delay, Id recommend installing ASF (ArchisSteamFarm). This is generally a much better tool for idling, but the glitch I find is harder to pull off in it. What I do is do my "mass" idle in ASF so it gets a bunch of games to the time needed to start getting drops, and then I switch to Idle Master to do the glitch. 200+ cards in 15 minutes.

Here's a video on how to install ASF. Its pretty easy, but its not a regular download an exe and install situation. There's also links to DL etc. if you watch it direct on Youtube in his description.

For me, it's more of a hassle to do the glitch now because when idling with ASF it doesn't always idle games until exactly 3 hours (possibly more an issue with the Valve server than ASF itself). In my case it's usually a few minutes off so there's no reliable way for me to make it exactly 3 hours unless I make my own script or some shit. This leads me to having to idle each individual game for anywhere from an additional 1-5 minutes. Was better when I could finish off idling with Idle Master, but like you said the cap got increased to 3 hours instead of 2 so Idle Master is useless in that regard. The glitch can be worth it if you've got a lot of games to idle but it'd be easier if Archi would implement the glitch into his own Idler, which he refuses to do.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#93914 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3056 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:10 PM

I don't like typing my password (any password) into rando-websites.

#93915 DickDangus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   963 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

DickDangus

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:01 PM

Just ate my Sunday Sausage Breakfast Crunchwrap™ and it's time for a dump:

Spoiler

#93916 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5068 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:10 PM

$30 for a LG Internal BR Burner sounds good to me, when NewEgg decides to throw it up.

I think I have one already... Maybe it's just a BR player with a DVD burner? I don't know because I never use the thing.

#93917 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   9894 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

I don't like typing my password (any password) into rando-websites.

You can type 'herpaderpderp' and 'Thisisntmuhpassword' into the website form and it generates a file you can edit on your computer with your actual account name and password.

Edit: If you're talking about the Archifarm thing.

#93918 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23136 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:14 PM

I think I have one already... Maybe it's just a BR player with a DVD burner? I don't know because I never use the thing.

I dunno, check the model # for the BR device; or check to see if it says BD-ROM or BD-RW/R drive on the actual label of the optical driver.

You could always use free-version Speccy or something and see if the optical device is a BR-RW or BD-R drive; or BD-ROM - if you don't feel like literally busting your PC open.

#93919 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1560 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

The ubi BF sale has started, I think its only viewable in the client right now as a VIP thing though. Some r6 season passes on sale, wildlands season pass for 24, steep gold for 30 (this wont include the new olympics expansion), anno 2205 ultimate for 17, other usual 50-66% off stuffs

#93920 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Just some guy CAGiversary!   1140 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:52 PM

The ubi BF sale has started, I think its only viewable in the client right now as a VIP thing though. Some r6 season passes on sale, wildlands season pass for 24, steep gold for 30 (this wont include the new olympics expansion), anno 2205 ultimate for 17, other usual 50-66% off stuffs

zGHQb4O.gif

#93921 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20013 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:17 PM

You can type 'herpaderpderp' and 'Thisisntmuhpassword' into the website form and it generates a file you can edit on your computer with your actual account name and password.

Edit: If you're talking about the Archifarm thing.

re: Archifarm

I installed it today because I have like 200 cards to idle and the Idlemaster trick hadn't been working for me lately.  I found an interesting thing.  I've been playing KF2 every two hours today to get Halloween tickets and I notice that every time I interrupt Archi it drops a card auto for me and when I am done playing KF2 it drops multiple cards at once (or while I was playing).  Usually, it's just like 7-8, but I just finished right now and had 31 new cards in the 20 minutes I played KF2.  So it seems there's sort of a way to get the trick to work using Archi.  Just start up an actual game and leave it on for a bit every few hours or so. 

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#93922 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23136 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:37 PM

Golden Joystick winners revealed:

https://www.bluesnew...threadid=185683

Looks like Ashly Burch / Horizon Zero Dawn; PUBG; and Nintendo / Zelda cleaned house.

Final Fantasy goes into their Hall of Fame.

Sid Meier takes home Lifetime Achievement Award.

#93923 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1560 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:58 PM

re: Archifarm

I notice that every time I interrupt Archi it drops a card auto for me and when I am done playing KF2 it drops multiple cards at once (or while I was playing).  Usually, it's just like 7-8, but I just finished right now and had 31 new cards in the 20 minutes I played KF2.  So it seems there's sort of a way to get the trick to work using Archi.  Just start up an actual game and leave it on for a bit every few hours or so. 

Yea thats doing basically the same thing, in either IM or ASF your telling steam that you're switching games, and thats what triggers the glitch drops. I used to do it on ASF, just set to 2hr idle time and stop/start ASF over and over. The diff is with IM when you start playing a game it doesnt update steam and stop the idle, i.e. your info just shows you still idling whatever it was you were idling. With asf it interrupts and stops the idle, then you start a new game, same thing as flipping games in IM

#93924 Motiv   A Deuterium persona CAGiversary!   2344 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:20 PM

Golden Joystick winners revealed:

https://www.bluesnew...threadid=185683

Looks like Ashly Burch / Horizon Zero Dawn; PUBG; and Nintendo / Zelda cleaned house.

Final Fantasy goes into their Hall of Fame.

Sid Meier takes home Lifetime Achievement Award.

The Nintendo (Zelda), PlayStation (Horizon Zero Dawn), and PC (PUBG) GOTY winners all make sense, but the Xbox GOTY is Cuphead? I think that says it all about the state of Xbox considering the game was available on PC as well.

PSN: Deuterium

#93925 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23136 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:23 PM

The Nintendo (Zelda), PlayStation (Horizon Zero Dawn), and PC (PUBG) GOTY winners all make sense, but the Xbox GOTY is Cuphead? I think that says it all about the state of Xbox considering the game was available on PC as well.

Was there anything worthwhile that was exclusive to the XB1 this year...?

I know Cuphead is only on Windows & PC, but....where are the real AAA X1 exclusives?

#93926 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:46 PM

I think that says it all about the state of Xbox considering the game was available on PC as well.

Irrelevant now. Almost all of the Xbox Exclusives hit the PC with Play Anywhere. I think it speaks to the quality of Cuphead, although the X1 is lacking in great first party titles. It also won best visual design over every other platform's possibilities.

#93927 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6359 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:51 PM

I bought an Xbox one x, I have a GTX 1080 and now wondering why I bought it in the first place. I play Xbox with friends, but I think I may return it and get a black Friday special one S with the extra controller and put $270 back in my pocket.

#93928 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4157 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:03 PM

I'm giving it two years before Xbox Fourie is announced with the same specs at half the price and the X ain't forward compatible.

Steams: Wagglesworth       PSN: Taylort210   

#93929 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23136 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:11 PM

I bought an Xbox one x, I have a GTX 1080 and now wondering why I bought it in the first place.

178GB download/install of Quantum Break XB1X Version.

quantum-break-xbox-one-x-update-740x555.

And this:

1937282.jpg

#93930 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8303 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:22 PM

What the shit has this thread devolved too now

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free