* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#94201 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Just some guy CAGiversary!   1140 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:31 AM

They missed "President Reagan sends his regards." as you stab a guy in the dick and then the throat.

And how could you forget the classic ''Suck my balls, my hairy fucking big balls. Wrap them around your fucking mouth.''?

#94202 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8059 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:37 AM

I deleted a post because I made a stupid joke that didn't make sense... only to see it get a like in the half a second it was viewable. 

When I make a joke that I crack myself up about, no one likes it.

Tf6Tu.jpg

#94203 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1306 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:41 AM

It costs about what-the-heck-do-people-need-a-steam-link-for-in-the-first-place.  Give or take a dollar.

For the pittance I got it for, it's been great to stream the desktop to the living room for Jackbox games alone.  They should be bundling the Steam link with the complete trilogy party pack, IMO.

76561197985623817.png

#94204 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5019 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:43 AM

And how could you forget the classic ''Suck my balls, my hairy fucking big balls. Wrap them around your fucking mouth.''?

hqdefault.jpg

#94205 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10228 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:52 AM

Considering review bombing was the only way some publisher evils had been counter/fought off I find the changed to be worrisome. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

They're not preventing YOU from writing a negative review.  They're just removing weight from you deciding "I'm going to give every positive review a thumbs down because I hate the game so every positive review is stupid regardless of content"

#94206 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:17 AM

Welp, all Best Buys near me were sold out of the DELL monitors except for one store which I wasn't going to hit the Thanksgiving traffic for. If one thing is certain there is a plethora of 4K TVs that will be sold this weekend. It was difficult to navigate the store since all isles were stacked with TV boxes. Good grief.

I did get a kick out of seeing a handful of deal hunter tents setup outside. I like deals as much as the next CAG, but I think I draw the line at camping out or waiting in line for days.

It seems to really vary on the A04, some are just fine too. Sounds like you got a pretty good one then.

And the second one is good too :). Decided this afternoon to get one and pretty much every bestbuy in the area had some, so put one in for pickup and just got it

#94207 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5065 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:28 AM

Happy Thanksgiving All!  (or not...  if you worked for Gazillion.)

https://kotaku.com/m...ff-e-1820695861

Game now closed this Friday instead of December 31st...

#94208 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1515 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:33 AM

If a game is currently discounted does that mean that it won't drop further during a steam sale?

For example project cars 2 is $35. Can it go on sale for a better price this week?

red3ds.gifg27-gaming-wheels-images.pngg27-gaming-wheels-images.png

#94209 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   878 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:41 AM

If a game is currently discounted does that mean that it won't drop further during a steam sale?

For example project cars 2 is $35. Can it go on sale for a better price this week?

no.  currently for Steam sales, what you see is what you get for the time period of the sale.  in the past there used to be flash sales which  offered a different discount for a limited time.  you can check back during the Winter sale Dec 21 to see if better price on Steam.  

Again, above is just for Steam.  GMG, CDKeys, etc. may have a different/better price at a different time

#94210 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   9894 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:44 AM

For the pittance I got it for, it's been great to stream the desktop to the living room for Jackbox games alone.  They should be bundling the Steam link with the complete trilogy party pack, IMO.

You have IRL friends therefore you are not a true PC gamer!

#94211 SqueeMK2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1316 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:26 AM

100% going to buy list: CYOA games I missed when they first released because they put so many out I can't keep up, Lara Croft GO.

Maybe going to buy list: Vanquish, Pathfinder Adventures, Lords of Waterdeep, Virginia I guess since someone in here mentioned it and it's a dollar and looks kinda interesting.

Actually going to play instead of anything I buy list: Gwent, Diablo 3, stuff I bought 4 years ago and still never played.

Feeling like a modern Steam sale alright. Guess I might pick up some pinball tables too but I'm still iffy on Pinball FX3 over 2. Then again last year I think the only thing I ended up buying around Thanksgiving was a $5 Dragon Age Inquisition complete pack so I guess this is still more exciting. Drabe put out a good review of House Party though so I should probably look in to that.

#94212 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8059 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:34 AM

Is it weird that there are a few things I'd buy... but I want to wait for December so I get some cards for spending multiples of $10.

#94213 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Just some guy CAGiversary!   1140 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:36 AM

Is it weird that there are a few things I'd buy... but I want to wait for December so I get some cards for spending multiples of $10.

lol

#94214 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8059 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:37 AM

Hey man, I want a couple extra cents off the price!

And it's not like I'm going to play anything.

#94215 weretable   I'm free, free fallin' CAGiversary!   559 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:39 AM

I do not want to have to think about these nominations on Steam, too much effort for a badge.    I used the write-in for "I only play it for the articles" and Huniepop for a totally unoriginal joke but I am too lazy to do much more than pick random games for the rest of it.    Oh... I have to review something too.   Bleh.  

#94216 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8059 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:49 AM

I do not want to have to think about these nominations on Steam, too much effort for a badge.    I used the write-in for "I only play it for the articles" and Huniepop for a totally unoriginal joke but I am too lazy to do much more than pick random games for the rest of it.    Oh... I have to review something too.   Bleh.  

Or you can edit an old review.

Also, the review doesn't have to be public.  So you don't have to be eloquent.

#94217 SqueeMK2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1316 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:55 AM

Hey man, I want a couple extra cents off the price!

And it's not like I'm going to play anything.

Gaben's clever that way. He's shifted the excitement from "Nice, 90% off sale!" to "Nice, I got 90 cents back!"

#94218 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8059 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:56 AM

Gaben's clever that way. He's shifted the excitement from "Nice, 90% off sale!" to "Nice, I got 90 cents back!"

90 cents?!?!

What mythical trading cards are these?!

#94219 Momouchi   Drowning in backlog CAGiversary!   2618 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:57 AM

$20 for Tales of Berseria is my buy price. The only other game I'm considering is Steep because winter sports are cool.

14273.png

#94220 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23132 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:10 AM

Steam Sale - Autumn Sale 2017 Haul:

Steam:

Virginia: Special Edition (game + soundtrack) = $1.11

Loki = $1.99

Stories: Path of Destinies - Collector's Edition (Game + OST + Art Book) = $3.57

-- All Steam-purchased games paid for via lingering Steam Gift Card money.

Elsewhere:

Newegg - Prey (2017) [Steam-game # 1900] = $16.99

IndieGala - Black Friday Bundle (namely for NES 8-bit Adventure Remasters) = $3.99

Last Update = 11/27/2017.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#94221 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8059 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:10 AM

To get this thread back on topic...

Walmart has a "new" store brand pizza.  It's Great Value brand, not Sam's Choice, and is in brightly colored packaging, not the old white packaging.

The rising crust variety is pretty crappy.  One positive is it seemed to have sauce/cheese to the edge, so no excessive crust.  EDIT: The box doesn't show the sauce/cheese to the edge, but the one I had was like that.  Might have been a fluke.

The thin crust variety is pretty good.  Tastes a lot like Tombstone, but less greasy.

The kicker is the pizza bagel variety.  Shit's pretty good.  I don't know how other areas/stores are, but around me, no one carries a generic brand of pizza bagels.  So any time I had a craving I had to get Bagel Bites, which are relatively expensive if not on sale.

Thin and rising crust is only about $2.50 a pie and the pizza bagels are about $1.30 (maybe $1.50, can't remember).

Pic of the box design.

Spoiler

EDIT:

Some stuff about the rising crust pizza.

#94222 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5718 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:27 AM

To get this thread back on topic...

Walmart has a "new" store brand pizza. It's Great Value brand, not Sam's Choice, and is in brightly colored packaging, not the old white packaging.

The rising crust variety is pretty crappy. One positive is it seemed to have sauce/cheese to the edge, so no excessive crust. EDIT: The box doesn't show the sauce/cheese to the edge, but the one I had was like that. Might have been a fluke.
The thin crust variety is pretty good. Tastes a lot like Tombstone, but less greasy.
The kicker is the pizza bagel variety. Shit's pretty good. I don't know how other areas/stores are, but around me, no one carries a generic brand of pizza bagels. So any time I had a craving I had to get Bagel Bites, which are relatively expensive if not on sale.

Thin and rising crust is only about $2.50 a pie and the pizza bagels are about $1.30 (maybe $1.50, can't remember).

Pic of the box design.

Spoiler

EDIT:
Some stuff about the rising crust pizza.

For a second, I thought the Impulsive part was just on the box.

XBL: Z 5aber

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber

Uplay: Z-Saber

Origin: Z_Saber_64

Battle.net BattleTag: Zsaber#11913

PSN: Zsaber64

#94223 SqueeMK2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1316 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:28 AM

90 cents?!?!

What mythical trading cards are these?!

You might get a foil! Keep buying $10 increments of games and maybe you'll get lucky. I've had a foil listed on the market since May 10th that would only give me 76 cents after fees, but I remain hopeful nonetheless!

#94224 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1329 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:38 AM

I haven't been following these prices closely but I'm looking to pick up Dark Souls 3 Deluxe and Nier Automata.  A little underwhelmed at the prices.  I can also wait a month.  Will these likely be on sale again at the year end sale?

My Trade List featuring xbox credit & 12 mo gold sub.

#94225 SqueeMK2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1316 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:47 AM

I haven't been following these prices closely but I'm looking to pick up Dark Souls 3 Deluxe and Nier Automata.  A little underwhelmed at the prices.  I can also wait a month.  Will these likely be on sale again at the year end sale?

Almost 100% likely, yeah. IIRC the differences between the Thanksgiving and Christmas sales last year were extremely minor, maybe just a handful of games.

#94226 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   878 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:49 AM

For Steam, the big sales are Summer and Winter.  Winter Sale 2017 should start Dec 21.  For Steam, you will see more games on sale during the Winter Sale. 

Regarding Nier, it is currently 40% off list price - not too shabby.  You may find it cheaper on other sites that issue Steam keys ie CDkeys, GMG, Amazon, etc.  before or during the Steam Winter sale.  If it was an UbiSoft game, I would also recommend checking the Ubisoft online store i.e. Assassin Creed games.  

I hope you find some games at a price that is good for you.  If you are interested, you may like the information on the first page of this thread compiled by Neuro.  I highly recommend, for instance, checking out isthereanydeal.com if you want price history for instance.

Have a nice day and holiday weekend.

#94227 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23132 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:07 AM

Arx Fatalis is $1.24 on Steam.

That's a steal and an underrated RPG/action game.

For those buying, be sure to grab Arx Libertatis Source Port and run the game with that on modern systems.

Arx Liberatis website w/ info and stuff is over here.

Arx Liberatis Source Port download is over here.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#94228 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8059 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:27 AM

For a second, I thought the Impulsive part was just on the box.

That would be accurate for me.

I went down the isle to get a box of frozen pretzels when I saw the new pizzas and the price and had to buy one of each to try.

#94229 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   9894 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:28 AM

Arx Fatalis is $1.24 on Steam.

That's a steal and an underrated RPG/action game.

For those buying, be sure to grab Arx Libertatis Source Port and run the game with that on modern systems.

Arx Liberatis website w/ info and stuff is over here.

Arx Liberatis Source Port download is over here.

A slightly flawed but great game.  It's unfortunate they do stuff as limited as Dishonored when they could apply that modern technology to something as ambitious as Arx 2.

#94230 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:11 AM

Looks like Newegg is the only place that has Destiny 2 on sale for PC besides gmg.  Its $29.99 on newegg not sure if its a glitch or not since none of the other retailers have the PC version discounted at all.  Its a physical copy so I'll be waiting a week for my code in a box.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free