* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#94651 triplemint  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:10 PM

soo i havent bought a monitor in about a decade so i dont know if this is common knowledge but. psa: not every computer monitor has hdmi ports. and now i have to head back to staples to return my birthday gift to myself *headdesk*

#94652 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3311 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:05 AM

soo i havent bought a monitor in about a decade so i dont know if this is common knowledge but. psa: not every computer monitor has hdmi ports. and now i have to head back to staples to return my birthday gift to myself *headdesk*

All the ones worth a crap do.   Shouldn't return the monitor.  Sounds like an excuse to buy a computer.

#94653 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26649 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:05 AM

GameStop:

Most deals seem to not be online anymore.

Though, you might want to check and see if your local GameStop has it.

Call of Duty: Ghosts (PC / Steam / retail box) = 7 cents

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PC / Steam / retail) = 7 cents

Prototype 2 (PC / Steam / retail box) = 7 cents.

StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm (PC / Battle.Net / retail) = 7 cents.

Titanfall 1 (PC / EA Origin / retail) = 24 cents

Wasteland 2 (PC version / Steam / retail box) = 24 cents.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PC / UPlay / retail) = 24 cents.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PC / UPlay / retail) = 48 cents.

NBA 2K15 (PC / Steam / retail) = 48 cents.

Batman: Arkham Knight (PC / Steam / retail) = 48 cents.

Doom 3: BFG (PC / Steam / retail) = 48 cents.

Watch Dogs 1 (PC/ Uplay / retail) = 48 cents

Battlefield 4 (PC / Origin / retail) = 48 cents

Battlefield: Hardline ( PC / Origin / retail ) = 48 cents.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PC / Steam / base-game / retail) = 48 cents.

South Park: Stick of Truth (PC / Steam / retail) = 48 cents.

Skyrim (PC / Steam / retail / old edition / base game only) = 97 cents.

Assassin's Creed: Unity ( PC / Uplay / retail) = 97 cents.

Stories: Path of Destiny - Collector's Edition (PC / Steam / retail) = $1.97.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Deluxe (PC / Origin / retail / base-game + some goodies) = $1.97

Dying Light (PC / Steam / retail box) = $2.97

Total War: Atilla - Special Edition (PC / Steam / retail) = $2.97

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC / GOG probably / Base-Game) = $2.97.

Diablo 3: Battle Chest (PC / Battle.Net / always online requirement / retail box) = $5.

Contains D3 base-game + Reaper of Souls expansion.

#94654 triplemint  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:18 AM

All the ones worth a crap do.   Shouldn't return the monitor.  Sounds like an excuse to buy a computer.

This was supposed to be a holdover until I had the money and space for one haha

#94655 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11425 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:38 AM

GameStop:

CoD Ghosts is available somewhat locally but I can't be bothered to drive 9 miles for it.

In other news:

u8voilx.png

#94656 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26649 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:40 AM

CoD Ghosts is available somewhat locally but I can't be bothered to drive 9 miles for it.

"Bleh" @ it not being local enough for you.

There's some extremely cheap deals, provided one can be lucky enough to find a copy.

And hopefully, somebody at GameStop hasn't already activated the damn key already.

#94657 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4208 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:03 AM

Stolen from gaf resetera

XSEED announces Zwei: The Arges Adventure for Winter (PC, classic Falcom ARPG from 2001)

Steam page already up for your wishlistin' pleasure:

header.jpg?t=1512085216

#94658 blueArcana   Congratulations CAGiversary!   1169 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:07 AM

Stolen from gaf resetera

XSEED announces Zwei: The Arges Adventure for Winter (PC, classic Falcom ARPG from 2001)

Steam page already up for your wishlistin' pleasure:

header.jpg?t=1512085216

But are the boobs bloody?

#94659 Wa1terSobchak   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   5118 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Wa1terSobchak

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:15 AM

But are the boobs bloody?

I don't know but my stools are bloody, AMIRITE!?!?

#94660 spoderman  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:16 AM

I don't know but my stools are bloody, AMIRITE!?!?

TMI and you should get that checked out

#94661 Wa1terSobchak   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   5118 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Wa1terSobchak

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:35 AM

TMI and you should get that checked out

I'll have Tebow's mom give it a look-see!

#94662 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:47 AM

GameStop:

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PC / Steam / retail) = 7 cents

Titanfall 1 (PC / EA Origin / retail) = 24 cents

Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PC / UPlay / retail) = 24 cents.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PC / UPlay / retail) = 48 cents.

Batman: Arkham Knight (PC / Steam / retail) = 48 cents.

Battlefield: Hardline ( PC / Origin / retail ) = 48 cents.

Assassin's Creed: Unity ( PC / Uplay / retail) = 97 cents.

Stories: Path of Destiny - Collector's Edition (PC / Steam / retail) = $1.97.

Dying Light (PC / Steam / retail box) = $2.97

Total War: Atilla - Special Edition (PC / Steam / retail) = $2.97

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC / GOG probably / Base-Game) = $2.97.

Diablo 3: Battle Chest (PC / Battle.Net / always online requirement / retail box) = $5.

Contains D3 base-game + Reaper of Souls expansion.

I know it is a long shot, but if anyone has a local store that they can get any of the above, I am interested and would be happy to pay more for the trouble of picking it up.  

Thanks

#94663 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15267 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:57 AM

Why is the Gamestop website so shitty? I'd look for some of those PC games if it saved my location and I didn't have to go to yet another page and use Bing maps to find a location every single time. Can you not just load a location into the item page? Why does KMART have that technology and you don't?

But it's nice that you get to see the disc-only copy in stores when you pick it up and can possibly return it when you find out the key was already used by a pizza-faced toothpick of an employee.

#94664 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   9263 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:16 AM

Why does KMART have that technology and you don't?

Because it's pretty easy to load 28 locations into the item page.

#94665 zenii   cynical sam CAGiversary!   1278 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:42 AM

Last time I tried to buy a PC game from Gamestop was when one of the CoD games (ghosts?) was like tree fiddy.

I put in a request online to pick it up at the Gamestop near my work. When I get there, the clerk pulls out a copy that's not in the plastic shrink-wrap. I stare at the clerk in disbelief as she starts to ring me up.

Me: "Uh.... this is unsealed."

Clerk: "I can seal it back up for you if you want."

Me: ???

I grab the game, open the box, and sure enough, the DVD is there but no CD key.

Me: "Yeah, this is useless without a CD key"

Clerk: "CD key? What are you talking about?"

I spend about 5 minutes explaining to her how PC games have CD keys and without it, the game is just a useless piece of plastic, before the other clerk walks out of the back room, overhears our conversation, and says "Oh yeah, those should have CD keys". No shit??? I walked out of there and facepalmed so hard I almost gave myself a concussion.

#94666 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11212 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:05 AM

Last time I tried to buy a PC game from Gamestop was when one of the CoD games (ghosts?) was like tree fiddy.

I put in a request online to pick it up at the Gamestop near my work. When I get there, the clerk pulls out a copy that's not in the plastic shrink-wrap. I stare at the clerk in disbelief as she starts to ring me up.

Me: "Uh.... this is unsealed."

Clerk: "I can seal it back up for you if you want."

Me: ???

I grab the game, open the box, and sure enough, the DVD is there but no CD key.

Me: "Yeah, this is useless without a CD key"

Clerk: "CD key? What are you talking about?"

I spend about 5 minutes explaining to her how PC games have CD keys and without it, the game is just a useless piece of plastic, before the other clerk walks out of the back room, overhears our conversation, and says "Oh yeah, those should have CD keys". No shit??? I walked out of there and facepalmed so hard I almost gave myself a concussion.

Pretty much.  I suppose it's okay to buy console games there but I would never buy a physical PC game from Gamestop.  There has to be a reason they're selling stuff at 0.50 cents.

#94667 shrinerr   Are you software people ready to fucking party? CAGiversary!   1440 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:27 AM

There has to be a reason they're selling stuff at 0.50 cents.

hey man those disks ain't cheap. i think buying pc games at GS is like trying to find a hookup at a bar. you COULD do it there, but there are much better places for that sort of thing.

#94668 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5725 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:53 AM

Pretty much.  I suppose it's okay to buy console games there but I would never buy a physical PC game from Gamestop.  There has to be a reason they're selling stuff at 0.50 cents.

Eh, I actually got a $3 copy of Assassins Creed: Unity at a local GameStop about 8 months ago. It was sealed and the Uplay key worked fine. The competent managers know the market and don't let employees open the tiny stock of PC games anymore. I've had bad experiences and good experiences doing this; it's just a straight-up crapshoot, but if it's a decent game, it's usually worth at least taking a trip for 5-10 miles to see. Worst case scenario is that you've wasted a small amount of gas and time.

My biggest issue is that by the time the PC games get this cheap, they're not available in a 100-mile radius. Of the large number on MysterD's list, I checked 7. Of those, one is within 9 miles, one is within 55 miles, and one is just about 100 miles away. I might check on the 9 mile item in the next few days.

hey man those disks ain't cheap. i think buying pc games at GS is like trying to find a hookup at a bar. you COULD do it there, but there are much better places for that sort of thing.

If you mean whorehouses, I'd be too afraid of catching a computer virus.

Edited by warreni, 01 December 2017 - 10:55 AM.

#94669 Carlmundo   Worthy Adversary CAGiversary!   1069 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:09 PM

Compiled a list of all GOG games that aren't available on Steam:

https://www.gog.com/...ilable_on_steam

Let me know if you think anything is wrong and don't forget to like, comment and subscribe.

#94670 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   3085 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:48 PM

What's wrong with using a DVI-HDMI cable? They are like $3 at Walmart. It's what I use.

https://www.walmart....7&wl13=&veh=sem

378f5683-3b79-41ba-b631-04934b2fc437_1.3

#94671 BellardB   Get your head in the game! CAGiversary!   601 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:50 PM

Let me know if you think anything is wrong and don't forget to like, comment and subscribe!

Compare your list with this one and make sure you haven't missed any:

Another helpful option to consider:  point out which games aren't on Steam but available on Uplay or Origin.

Thanks for the list.  It's nice to have one that's maintained by a CAG.

#94672 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26649 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:10 PM

Why is the Gamestop website so shitty?

B/c it's GameStop. Everything surrounding that place has always been that way, more or less.

EDIT:

Did you buy an old monitor?

Or do you have a new higher-end one w/ DisplayPort?

#94673 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26649 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:10 PM

Let me know if you think anything is wrong and don't forget to like, comment and subscribe!

Very nice list Carl!!!

Liked it and bookmarked it. That surely will be very useful and handy!!!

BTW, Blood 2: The Chosen & Nightmare Levels bundle is actually on Steam now:

Steam - http://store.steampo...com/app/299050/

GOG - https://www.gog.com/...hosen_expansion

#94674 Carlmundo   Worthy Adversary CAGiversary!   1069 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:35 PM

Compare your list with this one and make sure you haven't missed any:

Another helpful option to consider:  point out which games aren't on Steam but available on Uplay or Origin.

Thanks for the list.  It's nice to have one that's maintained by a CAG.

I did notice that list had a few things out of date. Also mine is done in order of new to old so the newest GOG releases are at the top.

Very nice list Carl!!!

Liked it and bookmarked it. That surely will be very useful and handy!!!

BTW, Blood 2: The Chosen & Nightmare Levels bundle is actually on Steam now:

Steam - http://store.steampo...com/app/299050/

GOG - https://www.gog.com/...hosen_expansion

Thank you! 

#94675 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6047 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:07 PM

Chrono again has a historic low. This time Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour for 5 bucks.

https://chrono.gg

#94676 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5357 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:09 PM

10k and 3k chrono games. this is the day you've been clicking for.

#94677 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:16 PM

Chrono again has a historic low. This time Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour for 5 bucks.

https://chrono.gg

I would wait for Monthly reveals... wouldnt be the first time a game appears at the same time on both sites.

#94678 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1339 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:22 PM

10k and 3k chrono games. this is the day you've been clicking for.

Enjoy your "There's Poop in My Soup" 4-pack.

#94679 Zipomatic2   Really, Really Cheap CAGiversary!   605 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:02 PM

December Humble Bundle - 

H1Z1 + Trickster Crate

Way of The Passive Fist

Thor.N

Crescent Bay

Rivals of Aether

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend

Nex Machina

The Sexy Brutale

STRAFE: Millennium Edition

Passpartout: The Starving Artist

Next Month -

Quantum Break

The Long Dark

Dawn of War III

#94680 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   3085 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:26 PM

December Humble Bundle - 

H1Z1 + Trickster Crate

Way of The Passive Fist

Thor.N

Crescent Bay

Rivals of Aether

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend

Nex Machina

The Sexy Brutale

STRAFE: Millennium Edition

Passpartout: The Starving Artist

Next Month -

Quantum Break

The Long Dark

Dawn of War III

Re TSB: Glad I never checked out on that Fanatical "Nemesis" bundle.

Re QB: It *actually* a game that I've wanted to buy for around $15 so I may re-up early this month. (ITAD says it was sub $15 once, but I must have missed it.)