* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#95101 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20010 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:35 PM

I got my first desktop PC the other day! I'm looking forward to some Steam sales. They have a big sale around Christmas correct?

Congrats! What'd you get? Specs? Add me on Steam if you're interested in joining our group for multiplayer and coop. Steam Name: Cheaplikeafox

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#95102 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6589 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:46 PM

Congrats! What'd you get? Specs? Add me on Steam if you're interested in joining our group for multiplayer and coop. Steam Name: Cheaplikeafox

https://www.walmart....type=10&veh=aff

Got it on clearance for $200!

$242 with 3 year warranty

<p><span style="font-size:12px;">Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.</span>

#95103 Pengy99  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:47 PM

Insanely good box for $200. Have been keeping an eye on it around me but still $400 here. Not that I need a third pc.

#95104 KeeperOfWind  

KeeperOfWind

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:52 PM

Hey CAG tech support, I was wondering how you guys felt about the  Vivo Dual Monitor Mount?

I wanted to grab something that would work on my Acer 27inch and Asus 24 Inch since I have limited desk space

The most I would be using my Acer screen for is youtube&netflix while gaming

https://www.amazon.c...l monitor stand

zNmz5OX.jpg

#95105 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   9894 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:55 PM

Put about ten hours into Homefront: Revolution.  It's meh.  With some more effort it could have been a really good game but they went with copy-paste Ubisoft formula.

#95106 spoderman  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:57 PM

Put about ten hours into Homefront: Revolution.  It's meh.  With some more effort it could have been a really good game but they went with copy-paste Ubisoft formula.

I guess "meh" is good in Mooby standards if it lasted you 10 hours

GUtUP1U.jpg

#95107 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   9894 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:00 PM

I guess "meh" is good in Mooby standards if it lasted you 10 hours

I give games a fair chance unless they are truly awful (Arcania comes to mind).  As I mention in my prestigious Steam review, if the game had focused solely on the yellow-zone areas where you have to play stealth/hit-and-run before you're completely overwhelmed with maybe a final open battle at the end, that would have been a better formula.  It does little to nothing new.  No reason for these studios that are funded by publishers not to try their hand at a little improvising.

Meh = I'd be fine with getting it in a bundle but it's nothing I would purchase separately.

#95108 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23133 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:27 PM

Wow, that card alone retails for around $200!

Fantastic deal for a budget box!

1080p Heaven for sure.

And you can probably push some stuff to 1440p, if you so desire.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#95109 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20010 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:31 PM

Great deal considering the card would cost that alone. Closest Walmart has them for $499 but it does show 19 in stock so maybe after the holidays.

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#95110 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23133 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:37 PM

I think it's underrated.

I don't think it's "meh", as that is what the critics thought of it. I don't think it's fantastic either.

It's a good and solid Far Cry 3 & 4 style game that has a few spins on the genre - i.e. the way you swap gun parts out on the fly to build other guns; and the whole North Korean took over an urban & futuristic Philly.

Story and character stuff ain't anything special, either - as at every chance, before things get interesting, someone dies or gets written out of the story.

But, I think most players came here for the Far Cry 3&4 style open-world and gunplay, pretty much. If that's what one is looking for, it's solid and good.

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#95111 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8303 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:38 PM

Neone have a copy of KF2?

I

#95112 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23133 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:40 PM

Meh = I'd be fine with getting it in a bundle but it's nothing I would purchase separately.

So basically, "meh" is your rating for 98% of the games you play then, right?

#95113 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10228 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:47 PM

Man, I read that and thought "You poor sumbitch" assuming he got some system barely more powerful than a mid-range cell phone but that's a sweet damn deal for two hundred bucks.  I'd have been tempted to buy that for $200 just on principle.

#95114 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   9894 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:50 PM

So basically, "meh" is your rating for 98% of the games you play then, right?

I can't help it if most developers refuse to innovate.  There are very few games released per year that warrant a separate purchase (unless it's like 75% off).  And almost none of those are from AAA publishers.

#95115 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1101 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:27 PM

I got my first desktop PC the other day! I'm looking forward to some Steam sales. They have a big sale around Christmas correct?

Its worth checking out the current humble monthly, pretty good value.

#95116 KeeperOfWind  

KeeperOfWind

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:16 AM

No one needs to worry about DoA free 2 play game ever again. 
The series is dead, the developers just announced during the tournament that DoA5:Last Round was the last game

zNmz5OX.jpg

#95117 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10228 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:21 AM

I forget, is DoA the fighting series or the titty volleyball series?

#95118 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20010 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:33 AM

Dicks Or Ass Volleyball

#95119 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5165 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:41 AM

No one needs to worry about DoA free 2 play game ever again. 
The series is dead, the developers just announced during the tournament that DoA5:Last Round was the last game

Huh. Well, that sucks. I thought it was actually pretty fun, although it's obviously one of the more egregious abuses of the DLC concept. I haven't seen overpriced DLC that absurd since Bethesda sold that horse bikini pack. 

1819.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#95120 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20010 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:19 AM

Does anyone have a Firecuda SSHD?  Thoughts?  

#95121 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6589 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:08 AM

Hmm, Forza Horizon 3 is running pretty bad on my new PC, even in low settings. Dropped the resolution to 1600x900. 30FPS.

Constant video and audio stuttering. Sometimes the FPS drops to 0. Is it possible the game isn't optimized well? V-Sync is turned off in game.

Specs: 3GB GTX 1060. 8GB Ram. Core i5-7400 CPU

<p><span style="font-size:12px;">Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.</span>

#95122 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   879 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:32 AM

Hmm, Forza Horizon 3 is running pretty bad on my new PC, even in low settings. Dropped the resolution to 1600x900. 30FPS.

Constant video and audio stuttering. Sometimes the FPS drops to 0. Is it possible the game isn't optimized well? V-Sync is turned off in game.

basic premise: you may need to lower the graphic settings and consider increasing your memory from 8 to 16 GB.  

#95123 bluebigman2006  

bluebigman2006

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:41 AM

Does anyone have a Firecuda SSHD?  Thoughts?  

I bought a 2tb back around may or june. not very impressed with it. only slightly faster than mechanical hdd. I would recommend a ssd+hhd combo much better results that way. I would suggest getting like 240gb or bigger ssd for windows and games you play the most and a mechanical hdd for everything else. 

#95124 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23133 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:48 AM

See this thread:

https://www.reddit.c...erformance_fix/

Basically, this thread is saying: in FM7 and FH3 both have issues: Dynamic settings and VSync in-game settings are broken in all kinds of ways.

Go grab NVidia Inspector and boot that.

Inside Inspector - set-up profile for FH3, cap FPS to 60, turn on NVidia's VSync solution to override in-game VSync.

I don't have the game, so ain't tested this myself.

#95125 spoderman  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:01 AM

It's known to run like shit on some PCs, no matter the specs, but you really should upgrade the ram on that thing to 16gb anyway.

EDIT: Reddit post about some dude with bad performance running 2x GTX 980s that doesn't have issues in other games if you want to read. If you want to stress test, I'd try a different game.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#95126 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20010 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:10 AM

I bought a 2tb back around may or june. not very impressed with it. only slightly faster than mechanical hdd. I would recommend a ssd+hhd combo much better results that way. I would suggest getting like 240gb or bigger ssd for windows and games you play the most and a mechanical hdd for everything else. 

Thanks.  I'm running a SSD+HHD combo at the moment, but my HHD is getting little long in the tooth (5 years old) so I was thinking of replacing it since the 2TB Firecuda is $99.99 right now and comes with free Ass Creed Origins. 

#95127 bluebigman2006  

bluebigman2006

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:23 AM

Thanks. I'm running a SSD+HHD combo at the moment, but my HHD is getting little long in the tooth (5 years old) so I was thinking of replacing it since the 2TB Firecuda is $99.99 right now and comes with free Ass Creed Origins.

I would say it's a good deal but I'm also interested in assassin creed origin

#95128 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8663 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:50 AM

DRUC_9aUQAEtgXx.jpg

I think I went overboard.

#95129 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1101 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:33 AM

I don't understand the draw of crafting a millions badges for mystery cards. Is there somehow profit in it or is it just a plus for badge collecting?

#95130 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5092 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:07 AM

RzEBZAm.png

please keep crafting, thank you!

I don't understand the draw of crafting a millions badges for mystery cards. Is there somehow profit in it or is it just a plus for badge collecting?

more friendslots, more profile showcases, bigger booster chance. 

so no profit, expect for those who sell cards.

bigger booster chance doesn't really give profit, as it won't ever payback.

I crafted only some unmarketable cards. But best is to sell.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free