* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#95701 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8802 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:30 AM

Here's a fun game that will make you feel really good about yourself:

Flip through the Steam top-sellers list and find out how many pages into the list you have to go before you find a page where you don't own a single game. I got all the way to page 75, and I'm sure many of you will get even further, and therefore feel even better about yourselves than I feel about myself right now.

#95702 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1431 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 01:15 AM

It won't win but it fits the description perfectly. Witcher 3 and Rust really seem like odd games to even have on that list. Both share a wide enough popularity that people wouldn't question your love for them.

Actually it's Witcher 1 on the list.  It's one of my personal favorite games, but it seems a lot of the people who loved 3 didn't like 1.

#95703 Camthur  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:48 AM

I voted for Gothic 2 in the latest poll.  The combat system is a bit clunky and hard to get used to.  The early part of the game can be unforgiving.  (stun locked by annoying enemies, etc)  Many of us who made it past those faults found a game we grew to love.

#95704 the_red_tide  

the_red_tide

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:56 AM

Actually it's Witcher 1 on the list.  It's one of my personal favorite games, but it seems a lot of the people who loved 3 didn't like 1.

Witcher 1 was a fun game, but the combat system is a bit dated, and backtracking could be a bit of slog.  I can see why someone who has onyl played the third might enjoy the second more than the first.

#95705 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2838 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:36 AM

I could never get into Witcher 1, I tried multiple times. 2 was so much better.

#95706 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8816 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 04:00 AM

I thought Witcher 1 was fine. To me I liked 1 decently enough, 2 was a bit better, and 3 blew them both out of the water. 

#95707 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1439 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 27 December 2017 - 04:31 AM

I could never get into Witcher 1, I tried multiple times. 2 was so much better.

The witcher 1 beginning is a little rough, picks up once you get to the first area. I really enjoyed all three, even played the 2nd one through twice to see both paths which is something I very rarely do.

#95708 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11324 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 27 December 2017 - 04:58 AM

I never made it without biting. Ask Mr. Owl.

nuLF5Mm.jpg

Oh, and for the record, I *prefer* RC Cola! #FightMe

RC cola is fine if only for the existence of CR RCs.  Crown Royal Royal Cola. 
Pepsi products in general aren't the most awesome to use as a mixer... and that's almost line-wide, no matter what the kid who tried to put rotgut vodka in their Mountain Dew says. 

Coca Cola Classic is better, especially if it's made with actual sugar. 

But, in many cases, RC Cola is better because it's less carbonated... you don't really want your whiskey and cola to be super fizzy. 

Faygo is great, but Juggalos kinda ruined it's public perception. 

Plus, it's much more of a "local" sort of product. It'd probably be hell trying to find Faygo anywhere outside of the midwest. 

#95709 spoderman  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:02 AM

luk at all of thsee coke jerks comngin out of the woodworrrk

#95710 Pengy99  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:03 AM

Ah ok. That makes more sense. 

#95711 DukeEdwardI   Whose Queens? CAGiversary!   2200 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

DukeEdwardI

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:15 AM

I played the Witcher series in order and I couldn't imagine going back to 1 now. I understand why some Witcher fans prefer it over the seemingly endless dodge-rolling combat of 2 & 3.

Soda talk

Shasta or bust.

#95712 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14915 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:21 AM

luk at all of thsee coke jerks comngin out of the woodworrrk

Oh no he's back already! The acidity of cola gives me an upset stomach, so I don't drink it. Light-colored soft drinks are fine, so are most hot foods and most alcohols, it's just poop-colored cancer water that I stay away from.

I thought Faygo was Yiddish slang for a gay person...

#95713 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11115 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:55 AM

41JWxTgH6TL._AC_UL320_SR224,320_.jpg

#95714 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5850 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:07 AM

Faygo is great, but Juggalos kinda ruined it's public perception. 
Plus, it's much more of a "local" sort of product. It'd probably be hell trying to find Faygo anywhere outside of the midwest.

Maybe more local than you realize... I live in the middle of the Midwest and I've never heard of it.

According to the website the closest place is 166 miles away.

#95715 audio vicious   <redacted> CAGiversary!   219 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

audio vicious

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:38 AM

Did the 25% off voucher for GMG end or am I missing it? Was looking forward to grabbing Cuphead.

#95716 spoderman  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:41 AM

Did the 25% off voucher for GMG end or am I missing it? Was looking forward to grabbing Cuphead.

Yeah it ended and I don't believe it worked on Cuphead, that was one of the exclusions but I could be wrong. Really dumb to end it before the sale concluded IMO. I don't know how they profit aside from mystery boxes since Reddit banned them and there's no good place where their deals are posted.

#95717 audio vicious   <redacted> CAGiversary!   219 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

audio vicious

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:00 AM

Yeah it ended and I don't believe it worked on Cuphead, that was one of the exclusions but I could be wrong. Really dumb to end it before the sale concluded IMO. I don't know how they profit aside from mystery boxes since Reddit banned them and there's no good place where their deals are posted.

I had it working on Cuphead, I just didn't pull the trigger then. Wishing I had now. Oh well.

#95718 headpiece747   I'm always angry CAGiversary!   2886 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

headpiece747

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:09 AM

SeasonalCAG Hulk The End Reader:

So with all the money I have been saving on not buying games on Steam sales or anywhere else I picked up this little guy...

SFiGhA3.jpg

P.S. Comcast has cemented my decision not to buy anything this sale with this:

" You've used 90% of your data usage plan As of 12-26-2017, you have 99 GB remaining of your 1024 GB Internet data usage plan for this calendar month. As a courtesy, we give you 2 months of complimentary overages. Your courtesy month balance is 2"

Was asking the brohs a couple of days ago in TheHangOut for AAA fakeybro suggestions but Fuck Comcast screwed the pooch on that one.

#95719 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5352 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:17 AM

Can't imagine 1TB cap

sGPApCV.png

I haven't even done anything special :|

#95720 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:49 AM

1 TB? Isn't that like one season of 4K television, basically? And people are freaking out about net neutrality? 

Data caps on a network make no sense. Network quality goes down not with quantity, but with congestion. All my devices are set to download large files overnight when the network has very little traffic and downloading doesn't do any harm to others. Yet network caps conform to Title II while all reasonable and actually effective ways to maintain health of a network don't ...

#95721 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5352 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:57 AM

I think last time I did night downloads was when I was still on dial-up, cuz no point doing so. Must have been like late 90s when downloading games from Steam Digital River or maybe some random less-legal sites.

1 TB? Isn't that like one season of 4K television, basically? And people are freaking out about net neutrality? 

more like 10GB per hour. So 260GB for 26 episodes..

#95722 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:40 AM

Life's cruelest irony, the greatest and richest country in the world having such third-world internet connection restriction.

#95723 spoderman  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:48 AM

Life's cruelest irony, the greatest and richest country in the world having such third-world internet connection restriction.

Third world countries don't need internet connection restrictions if half the country doesn't have or can't afford internet

#95724 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:26 AM

Third world countries don't need internet connection restrictions if half the country doesn't have or can't afford internet

Try to convince Indians for example.

#95725 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5650 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:54 PM

I played the Witcher series in order and I couldn't imagine going back to 1 now. I understand why some Witcher fans prefer it over the seemingly endless dodge-rolling combat of 2 & 3.

Shasta or bust.

I played them in order too, and I agree with you on this point, but the dodge-rolling trolling was way worse in 2 than 3. The third game's expanded options made it a little more viable to tackle multiple simultaneous opponents in different ways, but I found that far too often I was stuck in set-piece combat scenarios in 2 where I had to roll-attack-roll-attack ad nauseum

Data caps on a network make no sense. Network quality goes down not with quantity, but with congestion. All my devices are set to download large files overnight when the network has very little traffic and downloading doesn't do any harm to others. Yet network caps conform to Title II while all reasonable and actually effective ways to maintain health of a network don't ...

Well, net neutrality is a big deal on its own, but let's face it, if America weren't obsessed with "freedom" and deregulation of industry, internet access would be treated like a utility and not a commodity and regulated just like electrical and water services are presently. Access would be nearly universal and the government would ensure a base level of quality of service and prevent price-gouging. The disbanding of net neutrality is the simply the canary in the coalmine demonstrating the current administration's first step on a path leading in the direction of less access to crappier and more expensive service. 

#95726 SmashMan4   The Dark Light CAGiversary!   740 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:34 PM

I got an email for it this morning, but no coupon code. That's weird.

#95727 audio vicious   <redacted> CAGiversary!   219 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

audio vicious

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:09 PM

I got an email for it this morning, but no coupon code. That's weird.

Yeah, I thought I was gonna get another chance to grab it and the email doesn't lead to a voucher. Get it together GMG.

#95728 indef  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 04:04 PM

Is it still worth playing if you only have the base game and none of the dlc?

Yes, there's plenty of content in the base version of The Division.  The recent update even added a new high-level PvE zone which is good for end-game loot hunting.

#95729 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11115 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 27 December 2017 - 04:15 PM

SeasonalCAG Hulk The End Reader:

So with all the money I have been saving on not buying games on Steam sales or anywhere else I picked up this little guy

Why doesn't the Hulk have nipples?  :-k

#95730 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2838 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 27 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

i have a 300gb cap, with no options for any other ISP here