* * * * * 81 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#96061 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6199 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:02 PM

The bad news for the sale: I managed to spend $368.24, which wiped out 75% of my Wallet funds.

The good news for the sale: Those purchases earned me 36 steam cards, which I was able to resell for 4 cents a piece.

#96062 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3146 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:28 PM

If you're on the East Coast and saw snow, please be safe if you go out and if not, play some games today. 

(shrug) 30 yr cold/snow should make going to the theme parks fun as hell.  So that's where I'm going :P

#96063 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9110 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

My haul Winter 2017 I bet everyone has been clamoring for:

Steam

Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle
Postal III
Earthlock: Festival of Magic
River City Ransom: Underground 
Eador. Masters of the Broken World - Allied Forces 
Commander Keen Complete Pack
Nusakana
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition
Gahkthun of the Golden Lightning Steam Edition
His Chuunibyou Cannot Be Cured!
Himawari - The Sunflower
Shadows of Adam
Shadows of Adam - Artifacter Guild
Shardlight
Bear With Me - Episode One
Psychonauts Original Cinematic Score
Psychonauts Original Soundtrack
Brutal Legend Soundtrack
MASSIVE CHALICE Soundtrack
Spacebase DF-9
Broken Age Soundtrack
Grim Fandango Remastered - Soundtrack
Full Throttle Remastered

Humble

Night in the Woods

Fanatical

Sonic Mania

GMG

Lost Horizon 2 Pack
FF V, VI, VIII, IX
Cuphead
Card Quest
Call of Juarez Cartel/Bound by Blood (not sure why haha....something to satiate me until RDR2)
Another Lost Phone
Dark Void
Dead Island Remastered ones I forgot to get before when they offered the upgrade price (similar price)
White Day - A Labyrinth Named School

Some of these I've been waiting to buy for a while (the FF games), while some are somewhat fakeyed but want to play like Night in the Woods. The VNs made the Steam one more expensive, but eh I want to support the companies.

#96064 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24374 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

This might explain the complaint of Destiny 2 lacking content.

Looks like Destiny 2 was rebooted during its development cycle and developed in 16 months.

#96065 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:58 PM

Just installed a 4TB Toshiba X300 w/ 128MB Cache.

It's nice having more HDD space internally to toss games at.

Why not an SSD? Unless you use your 4TB to store more things like movies and such things.

#96066 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24374 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:00 PM

Why not an SSD? Unless you use your 4TB to store more things like movies and such things.

My 7200rpm HDD's internally are very close to full.

SSD's with lots of space - i.e. think like 3-4TB - is just not cheap.

Especially for someone like myself, since I'm horrible at deleting games off my HDD's.

EDIT:

A lot of times, I just shuffle games around to other drives, when I need space.

I'm tired of shuffling these big games from 7200rpm internals to 5400rpm externals all the time...and vice versa.

#96067 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4435 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:13 PM

Genital Jousting - Rock on with your mad dongs.  Fun with friends although the game suffered from laggy connection issues last time we played and one mini-game always locked up.

OAVXs5a.png

#96068 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1691 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

https://access.redha...rticles/3307751

redhat has already done some performance testing with the patches

tldr;

for normal end user stuff there is almost no impact. Its only really randomized i/o like databases that are really impacted

also according to google's research basically every processor since '95 has the flaw, so yes, anyone who asks, yours has the problem, https://www.bleeping...-spectre-flaws/

#96069 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8530 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:06 PM

I have noticed some people posting their hauls, but remember the steam sale is not over yet. THere is still an hour to capitalize on hot deals like Skyrim for just 20 bucks or Watch Dongs for 10.19 or Call of Duty Ghosts - Digital Hardened Edition for a measly 65 dollars. BUY BUY BUY

#96070 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10858 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:11 PM

so yes, anyone who asks, yours has the problem

Is my 6502 affected?  :-k

#96071 spoderman  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:34 PM

Paradox will be publishing the new Vampire The Masquerade sequel, and suspiciously the only 3 Activision games currently 75% off are Prototype 2 and the Vampire games.

Make of that what you will, but it could mean the two Vampire games will get delisted soon or transfered to Paradox as a publisher. I went ahead and grabbed Redemption since it's $1.49. Could also get Humbled soon, but for a dollar I felt like it was worth the risk. Lets see how many people buy it in the next 26 minutes

#96072 weretable   I have long conversations with housecats CAGiversary!   771 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

I'm not falling for that!  I bought it earlier in the sale.

#96073 indef  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:46 PM

I have noticed some people posting their hauls, but remember the steam sale is not over yet. THere is still an hour to capitalize on hot deals like Skyrim for just 20 bucks or Watch Dongs for 10.19 or Call of Duty Ghosts - Digital Hardened Edition for a measly 65 dollars. BUY BUY BUY

Thanks for the advice.  Just grabbed Divinity: OS 2 at 10% off.  That was a close call.

#96074 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8555 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

Paradox will be publishing the new Vampire The Masquerade sequel, and suspiciously the only 3 Activision games currently 75% off are Prototype 2 and the Vampire games.

Make of that what you will, but it could mean the two Vampire games will get delisted soon or transfered to Paradox as a publisher. I went ahead and grabbed Redemption since it's $1.49. Could also get Humbled soon, but for a dollar I felt like it was worth the risk. Lets see how many people buy it in the next 26 minutes

I still have my DRM-Rights-Management free physical copies.  They can't take those away from me!

EDIT:

I beat one ending of Sundered (half my 2018 beat games quota done already!).

Pretty good game.  The final boss was harder than any other boss in the game though, a good perk loadout made it easy though.

#96075 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6199 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:57 PM

Challenge accepted.

I was on the fence about buying it anyway. Your post just pushed me over the edge.

#96076 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10858 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:57 PM

I never did play V:tM.  I know it's the cat's pajamas of CRPGs but the one time I tried, I think I couldn't get past the PS2 looking graphics.  I'm so shallow and unworthy of being a true RPG computer gamer.

I'm sure there's a graphics overhaul mod I could try.  Maybe I'll do that this winter.

(No need to post an overhaul mod, my Google works when I'm ready)

Challenge accepted.

Got in at 11:59!

#96077 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24374 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:13 PM

I still have my DRM-Rights-Management free physical copies.  They can't take those away from me!

EDIT:

I beat one ending of Sundered (half my 2018 beat games quota done already!).

Pretty good game.  The final boss was harder than any other boss in the game though, a good perk loadout made it easy though.

I also have Vampire TM: Bloodlines and Vampire TM: Redemption on GOG.

Oh, and of course, I have Bloodlines from retail on 3 CD's too.

#96078 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5402 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:17 PM

I think the majority of my purchases were re-buys of games I have as gifts or lost the keys for.

#96079 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24374 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:30 PM

I never did play V:tM.  I know it's the cat's pajamas of CRPGs but the one time I tried, I think I couldn't get past the PS2 looking graphics.  I'm so shallow and unworthy of being a true RPG computer gamer.

I'm sure there's a graphics overhaul mod I could try.  Maybe I'll do that this winter.

Bloodlines is fantastic.

While Bloodlines' combat is like many of the RPG/Action game hybrids that came out before Mass Effect 2 (i.e. these games focus more on stats, skills, hit/miss, dice-rolls, and RPG-stuff than say actual anything else - think say the original Deus Ex, if you don't pump points into gun-skills) which can cause combat to feel janky and/or clunky - it does everything else right IMHO, pretty much.

The level quality in everything else - i.e. atmosphere, music, dialogue, writing, and choice - yeah, it is superb. If you appreciate these kinds of things - yeah, you'll love the game. And likely, be prepared at some point to replay it.

Quests highly vary here - from visiting a haunted house to figuring out why everybody's being killed off on a reality TV show in a run-down hospital.  Like Deus Ex games, you can go through quests many different approaches to get the same result. And/or, it's possible you could be given different branching paths/outcomes - in which there is a different end to the quest, might cause what NPC's stick around (or not), if NPC's might offer you up another quest (or not), and anything else in the game-world.

This is what makes the game so great.

#96080 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8530 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:39 PM

I played it last year, it was alright but by the end I was ready for it to be over, the last act just devolves into a bunch of fighting which isn't the strength of the game. Worth playing but in terms of older crpgs I didn't enjoy it nearly as  much as games like Baldur's Gate or Planescape. The main reason to play the game is the setting. 

#96081 Motiv  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:53 PM

Well, I did it!

After years of buying far too many games in previous big Steam sales I managed to not buy anything. Zip. Zilch. Zero games. No haul. Feels liberating. Feels empty. 

I admit, I was tempted by my activity feed and even at the end when Spoder mentioned Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption. I wavered but I stood strong. I grasped my virtual Steam wallet tight and walked away from this event. Feels good.

#96082 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24374 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:07 PM

I played it last year, it was alright but by the end I was ready for it to be over, the last act just devolves into a bunch of fighting which isn't the strength of the game. Worth playing but in terms of older crpgs I didn't enjoy it nearly as  much as games like Baldur's Gate or Planescape. The main reason to play the game is the setting. 

By the cab ride where you make that major decision where you decide your alliance (if you take any), the last 1/3rd of the game turns into an action-fest. Not this game's strength, like you say - but, by now, hopefully the player has sunk all their points into most of the action and defense skills by then. Player certainly will need it, as there's less emphasis on any of the charisma or talking skills; those skills are quite useless in the last 1/3rd of the game.

BTW, both BG series and PST are great. Those are much different RPG's than VTMB, since those Infinity games are more of the old-school party based RPG's where you can control a party.

#96083 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8530 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:22 PM

Well, I did it!

After years of buying far too many games in previous big Steam sales I managed to not buy anything. Zip. Zilch. Zero games. No haul. Feels liberating. Feels empty. 

I admit, I was tempted by my activity feed and even at the end when Spoder mentioned Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption. I wavered but I stood strong. I grasped my virtual Steam wallet tight and walked away from this event. Feels good.

Only things I bought this sale were the Pillars of Eternity expansion pass and the dlc for Invisible Inc, easily the least I've bought in any Winter/Summer sale. 

#96084 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20722 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:22 PM

Well, I did it!

I admit, I was tempted by my activity feed and even at the end when Spoder mentioned Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption. I wavered but I stood strong. I grasped my virtual Steam wallet tight and walked away from this event. Feels good.

Someone get this guy a born again virgin purity ring!

#96085 weretable   I have long conversations with housecats CAGiversary!   771 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:32 PM

CONSOLE DISCUSSION INCOMING

Have Mario Odyssey, Zelda, what other games are must-haves for Switch?  I figured Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon 2, anything else?   I guess I'll have to actually watch Best Buy/Target posts on here now because I don't want to shell out 60 bucks each for Switch games.  Want to figure out what I should keep an eye out for.  

#96086 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5445 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:36 PM

My sale haul:

Spoiler

TL;DR: I spent about $20-25 more this year than I normally do, but I have an XBONE and a new computer that can run even Crysis at low settings now. 

EDIT: I didn't get around to test-driving Age of Decadence long enough to provide a meaningful commentary on it. I did fiddle around with Halo Wars: Definitive Edition during my Game Pass trial and it only took a few minutes of play in the tutorial to convince me that playing an RTS on a console is still a terrible idea. I wonder how the C&C games played on consoles--I'm guessing the answer is very poorly. 

Edited by warreni, 04 January 2018 - 07:42 PM.

#96087 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:36 PM

Someone get this guy a born again virgin purity ring! girl

You had a small typo Pedro. Dont worry I'm here to fix it for you.

#96088 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7884 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:44 PM

oh crap I missed the sale.  oh well.  I will have to buy Planescape Torment for the same price at one of the other five Steam sales in 2018, and then not play it.  I'm busy not playing too many other games right now to not play this one. 

#96089 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24374 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:48 PM

oh crap I missed the sale.  oh well.  I will have to buy Planescape Torment for the same price at one of the other five Steam sales in 2018, and then not play it.  I'm busy not playing too many other games right now to not play this one. 

But, did you buy Sword Coast Legends...?

#96090 Condor80   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4428 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

CONSOLE DISCUSSION INCOMING

Have Mario Odyssey, Zelda, what other games are must-haves for Switch? I figured Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon 2, anything else? I guess I'll have to actually watch Best Buy/Target posts on here now because I don't want to shell out 60 bucks each for Switch games. Want to figure out what I should keep an eye out for.

Splatoon 2, Arms, and Mario+Rabbids? Blaster Master is great too but it's download only. I've also been wanting golf story.