* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#98311 Motiv   A Deuterium persona CAGiversary!   2350 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:06 AM

CoD WW2 11,70€:

Buy everything you don't own from this bundle, not the bundle, everything separately

http://store.steampo...ion_Collection/

Checkout

Buy the bundle

http://store.steampo...ion_Collection/

Refund everything you bought in step 1

This is some console level shit.

This seems like the next best alternative to anyone not wanting to jump through refund hoop hell.

Call of Duty: WWII (digital key) - $29.99 After Promo Code: NEFPSDA30 at Newegg

I still wouldn't touch either deal though

PSN: Deuterium

#98312 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   720 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:26 AM

I can kinda see why it'd be priced like that for switch cuz there aren't all that many exclusives on the platform so people buy whatever's thrown at them, but Konami seems clueless about steam pricing. Sega had the right idea, they priced puyo puyo Tetris at half the switch msrp. Konami should've done the same for Bomberman.

Technically, they priced Puyo at $10 less than the digital price. Which used to be normal for PC games to be $10 cheaper.

#98313 zenii   cynical sam CAGiversary!   1257 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:42 AM

The best deal on COD WW2 is to not buy it all because it's a trash game.

steam | uplay | rockstar | bnet: zenii#1523

#98314 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Just some guy CAGiversary!   1192 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:44 AM

hi

#98315 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4137 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:56 AM

hi

cool

#98316 Pengy99  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:55 AM

The best deal on COD WW2 is to not buy it all because it's a trash game.

TBH that applies to most CoD games at this point I think. Last time I really enjoyed CoD was the first Modern Warfare. Was pretty amped for the remaster till I heard they didn't revamp the anti cheat. RIP only CoD enthusiasm I have had in like 10 years. 

#98317 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5120 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:12 AM

I've never been big into fighting games but I'm strangely looking forward to this too. Haven't played a soul caliber game since the GameCube or something like that but it looks pretty cool.

Soul Caliber had always been my favorite. I spent many a quarter at the arcade when it was Soul Edge and the "better than arcade" version of Soul Caliber is one of the main reasons I got a Dreamcast and still consider it one of my favorite systems to this day.

Hopefully, the reboot with this game goes as good as its looking.

#98318 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8415 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:08 PM

Some Slay the Spire early access thoughts:

First of all I love card games and love rogue like games. This one I like, but I think it's heavily over hyped.

I don't like how slow it is to start out. The challenge after a while seems to grow and is relatively balanced IMHO until around the act 2 bosses or so. I can generally make it there with either character. Act 3 is just torture and everything hits like a tank. If your deck is likely screwed with little defense, you're likely going to lose quickly. The bosses, mid bosses and normal encounters ramp up considerably in difficulty there. There is a huge reliance on RNG and I don't feel that there are too many viable builds. You rely heavily on artifacts that help yourself or encourage certain decks. I also don't feel like the variety of cards is quite there either.

I like the graphics enough although they're super simple. It works and could maybe use some better effects for some skills like attacks, but most of it is alright. The animations could also use a bit more oomph overall.

The sound is pretty good for sound effects. I like how stronger attacks have heavier sound effects. The music is epic, but a bit repetitive overall. It's background material and a bit forgettable.

I do think the game is fun, but it's almost a test in more in mitigating things as much as possible instead of building an epic deck. You try to not add bloat and work towards an archetype for your deck depending on cards you get. Decks tend to repeat themselves as some cards are just way better than others. More variety is needed and I wish you could have a more customized deck starting out at least a bit, even if it's just like 2 cards or so. I have a low winning percentage mainly cause of the extremely punishing 3rd floor. Some more balance is needed there I think.

It's a 7/10 game so far in my book. I feel a good comparison is Monster Slayers, which I found a bit better overall with equipment and having a partner. I feel both would help Slay the Spire a bit, but it likely would make it too easy. It really should have more acts. It's good for quick runs, but should have a choice of a more epic adventure too. Took me about 20 hours for my first victory. Overrated IMHO, but still a fun game. 

#98319 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5204 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:11 PM

Soul Caliber had always been my favorite. I spent many a quarter at the arcade when it was Soul Edge and the "better than arcade" version of Soul Caliber is one of the main reasons I got a Dreamcast and still consider it one of my favorite systems to this day.

Hopefully, the reboot with this game goes as good as its looking.

Well, I was reading yesterday that it's the first in the series to be ported to PC, so it would be the introduction to the series for many of us (including myself). Surely CD Projekt RED and Sapkowski wouldn't allow Geralt to appear in a crap game? 

BTW, the new Witcher book releases on May 22: https://www.amazon.c...etail_1?psc=1. 

1819.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#98320 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2721 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:23 PM

Thanks to the complaints of the lazy and entitled, Chrono.gg will no longer exclusively reward the loyal and responsible daily coin clickers. Instead the daily check-ins have been replaced with spins, which you can still do once per day but there's no penalty for missing a day anymore.

https://community.ch...es-3-16-18/8810

NgVXfs4.png

This is the worst coin devaluation since Jonny Cappuccino and Groupees intentionally crashed the Be Mine 14 Jonny coins.

I missed the very first day when Chrono coins began, but I've otherwise checked in every day since. I'm curious what that surprise for hardcore streakers is!

Spoiler

FfjorMk.png

#98321 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5120 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:37 PM

Well, I was reading yesterday that it's the first in the series to be ported to PC, so it would be the introduction to the series for many of us (including myself). Surely CD Projekt RED and Sapkowski wouldn't allow Geralt to appear in a crap game? 

BTW, the new Witcher book releases on May 22: https://www.amazon.c...etail_1?psc=1. 

No, it won't be a crap game and none if the previous ones truly are either. It's very much like what Capcom has to deal with in regards to Street Fighter II. Everything to come after it is judged by it.

SCV suffered much like SF3 did. It's almost entirely a new set of characters and people missed the old ones. Hence the reboot comment. SC6 character pool is pretty much the characters from SC I-SC III. (No word on how many though it's suppose to be over 20.)

#98322 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   9950 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:15 PM

Some Slay the Spire early access thoughts:

First of all I love card games and love rogue like games. This one I like, but I think it's heavily over hyped.

This is the case with most games that popular streamers get their mitts on and then everyone and their mother rushes to get it. It does look like a fun game but definitely driven by hype. I'll be happy to grab it in a future Humble.

#98323 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:36 PM

Well I just finished crafting my fifth and final non-foil badge for Final Fantasy XV.  In the end I wound up making almost $43 selling profile backgrounds, emoticons and a foil card.  Not bad at all.

Oh and I'm enjoying the game too.  LOL

#98324 lakers714  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:38 PM

Well I just finished crafting my fifth and final non-foil badge for Final Fantasy XV.  In the end I wound up making almost $43 selling profile backgrounds, emoticons and a foil card.  Not bad at all.

Oh and I'm enjoying the game too.  LOL

Jeez nice return how much was invested? 

r5gKEIn.gif

#98325 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8415 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:50 PM

I'd like to know as well. Didn't know the game had cards haha.

#98326 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   442 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:17 PM

Thanks to the complaints of the lazy and entitled, Chrono.gg will no longer exclusively reward the loyal and responsible daily coin clickers. Instead the daily check-ins have been replaced with spins, which you can still do once per day but there's no penalty for missing a day anymore.

So hype! I'm finally freed of my streak! I can live again!!!!

Lots of QoL improvements too, like a redeem on steam button. 

Just wish they were able to add new games more often, once a week instead of once every two weeks would be very nice. It seems like they often add two games to the store at once, so you'd think they could do that. 

#98327 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8146 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:55 PM

thats-dumb-bruh.jpg

I missed a day.  That's my fault.  I dealt with it.

But I can see why they changed it as I saw a lot (meaning more than 0) of people bitching about missing days on their forums.

#98328 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:19 PM

I'd like to know as well. Didn't know the game had cards haha.

The badge set is 6 cards so I believe I ended up crafting 9 booster packs and got a 10th one for free early on as a random drop.  So 9000 gems on booster packs (9 sacks of gems being worth around $6.84 on the marketplace).  Luckily most of the gems I have I got through trading spare Humble Gift Links and Steam keys.  I got quite a few duplicate cards so I had to do a bit of trading on the forum.  As far as how much I ended up selling everything for (after Valve's fees):

3 Common Profile Backgrounds "Brothers"

-$2.70 for the first

-$4.36 for the second

-$3.05 for the third

2 Rare Profile Backgrounds "Royal Couple"

-$18.27 for the first

-$8.27 for the second

4 Common Emoticons

:Pixelgladio: $1.31 for the first, $.20 for the second

:Pixelignis: $1.21 for the first, $.49 for the second

1 Foil Card "Ignis" for $3.05

Some of these, like that "Brothers" profile background, aren't worth nearly as much anymore though.  But early on people were paying a decent amount for them.  That Rare profile background, though, was worth a lot in the beginning.  I think at one point I had the only listing on the marketplace, which is why I got so much for it.  The highest I've seen, though, sold for somewhere around $26 I think.

So yeah, not bad at all.

#98329 AdmiralGialHackbar  

AdmiralGialHackbar

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:24 PM

Thats some console level shit there except without the secret handshake and power up card!

#98330 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3100 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:53 PM

Thats some console level shit there except without the secret crotch fondle and power up card!

jkimrey: Do it man! It's a steam key - one place for all your games. Plus, you gotta catch 'em all.

#98331 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8146 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:32 PM

Whoa whoa whoa...

Where can I get in on this secret crotch fondles?  Is this what happens during bro nights?

#98332 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5148 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:56 PM

unknown.png

Finally this is complete the set. I wonder how they decided that discount %. ;)

#98333 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Just some guy CAGiversary!   1192 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:25 PM

unknown.png

Finally this is complete the set. I wander how they decided that discount %. ;)

giphy.gif

#98334 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   913 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:49 PM

Just asking if anybody knows regarding the Witcher books - the series was originally written in Polish and the first English translation came out 2007, the same year as the first Witcher game, has there been any real critique of "something lost in translation"?  

#98335 Pr0f1t   Trophywhorus Rex CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:56 AM

unknown.png

Finally this is complete the set. I wonder how they decided that discount %. ;)

The rounding error kills it.

Building my backlog for retirement or a deep space mission, whichever comes first.

Origin/UPlay: ImPr0f1t, PSN: DellApple

fs_overall.png

#98336 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5204 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:03 AM

Just asking if anybody knows regarding the Witcher books - the series was originally written in Polish and the first English translation came out 2007, the same year as the first Witcher game, has there been any real critique of "something lost in translation"?

Well, I'll be the first to concede that I don't speak of read Polish, but I have read all of the released English translations. I have never seen any complaints of this type. The books have a distinct voice, although it is impossible for me to say how much it is Sapkowski's and how much is David French's. I can say that the books are littered with terms that are uncommon in U.S. English usage. I would give you a specific example, but it's been a while since I read The Lady of The Lake.

1819.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#98337 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2721 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:47 AM

t7kdHFV.gif

t7kdHFV.gif

FfjorMk.png

#98338 ygoloib  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:05 AM

t7kdHFV.gif

https://twitter.com/...858912745902080

t7kdHFV.gif

thanks for the heads up, this might ease the pain VA has brought to the state

Wu Tang is for the children

#98339 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:34 AM

Thanks for the heads up on this.

#98340 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   442 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:02 AM

Did anyone actually buy a Leprechaun Hat from GOG?