* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#99061 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23465 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:06 AM

what-is-your-major-malfunction.jpg

This...

200w.gif

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#99062 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8190 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:36 AM

I can still just barely tell what is going on... have a smaller version?

#99063 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:48 AM

I can still just barely tell what is going on... have a smaller version?

You need a 4K monitor to truly experience it.

#99064 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13715 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:12 AM

I'm more surprised that anyone gives that much of a shit about "exclusives".  Oh hey, your shooty-guy game is slightly different than my shooty-guy game!  Short of a platform basically lacking in a genre (no real baseball games for PC, consoles are largely lacking in 4X/RTS, couch co-op being a console thing, etc) who cares?  I've got too much stuff to play already without worrying about six more games on some other platform.

I never put faith into the ridiculous pipe dreams MysterD shares with us. The most surprising thing is that you pretentious nerds are arguing with him so much about it, knowing that he's been like this for fucking years. Pretty sure he still adds bundled games to his cesspool want list instead of buying the bundles they're in. Doesn't matter how many of you gang up on him or how often you reiterate it. He's the one missing out.

#99065 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1142 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:45 AM

He's the one missing out.

so what you're saying is we're the "superior race" for being able to play the games we want to...

330px-Richard_B._Spencer_in_2016.jpg

#99066 Luriden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1303 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:17 AM

I'm 50/50 with console and PC, I alternate a lot, but with my console of choice being Xbox One. I've had too much money and time invested in its ecosystem since day 1 of the Xbox 360 days, and that's where nearly all of my friends are, both online and off (or at least the ones I'd want to game with anyway). I have one PC gamer friend and he has his head so far up his HTC Vive ass that I'd never consider playing an online game with him anyway.

I owned a PS3 for a short while. I played through God of War 1-3 and Uncharted 1-3. I enjoyed them, but not enough to invest in a PS4 to play the new ones. Maybe in a few years the games I'm missing out on will make it to PS Now and I'll subscribe for a month and knock out the exclusives I missed.

Otherwise, most of the "exclusives" I have interest in are more like "don't let Xbox get their dirty hands on it" and they make their way to PC anyway (Rez Infinite, that was nearly a PS4 system seller for me at launch).

As far as couch co-op, would a Steam Link not suffice? I got one during that last sale bundled with Hollow Knight and it works surprisingly well. I'm sure there's also some way to rig up a fake Wiimote situation and stream Dolphin through Steam Link also.

1129097.png

#99067 Reds303  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:10 PM

If you won't buy a PS3, you're not going to buy an 8-Track player.

I was honestly expecting MysterD to reply to this with a story of him actually buying a 8-Track and typing 2-3 paragraphs of why it was worth $250 instead of buying a used PS3 for $80.

#99068 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4042 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:37 PM

This thread is really a Scroll-a-thon

#99069 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4173 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:42 PM

This thread is really a Scroll-a-thon

You don't say?

#99070 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10407 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:06 PM

I never put faith into the ridiculous pipe dreams MysterD shares with us. The most surprising thing is that you pretentious nerds are arguing with him so much about it, knowing that he's been like this for fucking years.

Well, I was referring more to the whole "Exclusives!" thing in general.  Unless your platform is just devoid of games in your preferred genre, I don't know why this would make a big difference.  Chasing games across PC/Xbox/PS/Nintendo sounds exhausting.  Who has time to play three to five platforms worth of games?  Don't you people have jobs?

Plus, there's usually something close enough on your platform anyway (unless, again, your platform is a wasteland for your genre in which case you chose poorly).  As an example, I watched my kid play much of Last of Us on his old PS3.  It was... okay?  I mean, it's another linear third person shooter with a story that's only exceptional by the incredibly low bar of video game plots.  If your platform doesn't have Last of Us, go play some other third person stealth/shooter -- trust me, you won't be missing much.  Certainly not enough to warrant buying a new platform.

As far as couch co-op, would a Steam Link not suffice? I got one during that last sale bundled with Hollow Knight and it works surprisingly well. I'm sure there's also some way to rig up a fake Wiimote situation and stream Dolphin through Steam Link also.

It's more an issue of most PC games not having a local co-op mode rather than any hardware limitations.  If your goal is to bring the family around the television with video game fun, buy a Nintendo.

#99071 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20210 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:54 PM

Eh, there's some exclusives that are definitely worth it and some bootleg PC version just isn't going to cut it.  Sorry turtle boy.  Deadfall Adventures just isn't going to give you the same fix as Uncharted proper.  I agree thought that the gap is narrowing by a fair margin, especially with the latest gen.  You could say that as a survival horror fan you HAD to have a PS2 because PC just wouldn't cut it and you were missing too much.  I'd probably venture that the same can be said for platformers or maybe shooters on PS3.  Now if you just look at PS4 and XB1 vs. PC nowadays, I do agree, you're missing out on very little which is why I have yet to go "next gen."  I did get a switch recently because of the portability of it all and because well Nintendo.  Mario ain't coming to PC.  Does this mean MysterD has never played Nintendo first party games?  No wonder he's such a sad little man. 

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#99072 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5195 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:56 PM

Emulators :shame:

#99073 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10407 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:01 PM

Eh, there's some exclusives that are definitely worth it and some bootleg PC version just isn't going to cut it.  Sorry turtle boy.  Deadfall Adventures just isn't going to give you the same fix as Uncharted proper.

You mean Tomb Raider?

#99074 Reds303  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:03 PM

Emulators :shame:

Emulators work for some games (probably all of the older ones I'm sure), but some of the newer stuff only works for certain games and has trouble running some of the other games. If anything really interests you it's best to just buy the console and play it when its still current and then sell it later. The more of a backlog of consoles you have a list of that you've never owned the more money it's going to cost you, especially if you are waiting for them to port over decade old games for PC.

#99075 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6813 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

I could have sworn I made a couple more posts in here before I went out drinking last night.  Did some things get deleted?

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#99076 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4042 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:11 PM

The only games I may want to play that are not on PC are Nintendo games. But... Meh

#99077 DickDangus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   981 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

DickDangus

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:12 PM

The only reason I have consoles is because I’m a miserable dad.

#99078 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4173 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:18 PM

The only reason I have consoles is because I’m a miserable dad.

Nah, you're just a dangus, so you get a pass....

#99079 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4580 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:48 PM

LEGO MARVEL'S AVENGERS PLUS SEASON PASS FOR $4.99 AT FANATICAL (comeycat should be in jail)

P.S. The other 2 DLC packs are also on sale here and here (jail)

CAG and chill to my favourite track ... The Strangest Dream  9timh3.jpg

#99080 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:08 PM

Humble has MGSV: The Phantom Pain for $5 (75% off). $4.49 with Monthly discount. Historical low. Was so close to buying from Voidu but I'm glad I waited.

#99081 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2747 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:12 PM

The last console I owned was the N64.

FfjorMk.png

#99082 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   927 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:24 PM

With these sales on MGS V, I'm expecting a sale on the Steam store tomorrow/soon. It looks like the valuation of the game is starting to really drop now. The Steam store option might be preferable if you want to retain a refund option and/or have lots of Gabe Bux to spend. Maybe it will appear in a Monthly? But less than 5 bucks is a pretty safe buy regardless.

#99083 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:33 PM

With these sales on MGS V, I'm expecting a sale on the Steam store tomorrow/soon.

Yeah, that was one of my first thoughts. FWIW, I don't think Konami has ever taken part in a bundle previously so I wouldn't count on that. I ended up taking the Humble deal since the last time they had it sub-$10 a year ago, it lasted less than a day before they ran out of keys and the price jumped back up.

#99084 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4173 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:34 PM

Humble has MGSV: The Phantom Pain for $5 (75% off). $4.49 with Monthly discount. Historical low. Was so close to buying from Voidu but I'm glad I waited.

28hogt.jpg

#99085 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4173 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:45 PM

9Xgfhq.png

#99086 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:53 PM

yup, thats how coupons work

#99087 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4173 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:57 PM

yup, thats how coupons work

Initially the site was giving an error and then it actually went through....I was just channeling my inner Madjoki.

I'm terribly sorry though, please carry on with the non-deal bullshit.   I'll see myself out.

MoM 1&2 ---> $1.34 (after Humble Monthly Discount)
MoM 3 ---> $2.24 (after Humble Monthly Discount)

Yes, MysterD I know you already have these on GOG, this is for the other 3 people that still frequent this site.....

#99088 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8190 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:09 PM

The last console I owned was the N64.

Last console... and it wasn't even a good one... awwww.

Spoiler

#99089 SeriousGeorge   horrendusness CAGiversary!   346 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

SeriousGeorge

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:22 PM

My last console was an Atari 2600 because I'm warreni old.

#99090 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:25 PM

Should be listing your first computer instead of your last console.

TI-99/4A
Sleed neep.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free